Dale jr podcast

It's honestly pathetic how much effort they put into hating on the dude. I actually think TJ is more ok with Chase than the other two but he's had his moments. TJ is pretty good at contextualizing things that happen in the sport instead of just taking sides.
He's by FAR the most objective, but that's like being the tallest midget in that room. He was rightfully angry and chippy after Bristol last year, and he should have been. But this is constant. Bag on Chase, and when he wins heavily imply that he cheated. Rinse, repeat. All the while Larson is driving that same HMS equipment and Bret can't get his tongue far enough up Kyle's rear. I don't get it.

I like the show, but their general attitude towards Chase really turns me off sometimes. I REALLY don't get the whole poking the bear thing. Chase hasn't done ONE DAMN THING since Bristol to stir the pot, and his ONLY comments have basically been in response to Harv shooting HIS mouth off. They keep acting like Chase somehow has a role in this. Harvick is either going to try to wreck him again, or ruin his race or he is not, and IF he decides to do that, there really isn't much of anything Chase can do about it. Chase is not in a position to risk doing anything to Kevin, so whether this thing is actually over or not is up to Kevin and Kevin alone.

I got a kick out of last week's episode. Dale & Austin Dillon compared notes about the new car (both test drove the car). I was amused when they were talking about a diffuser that creates down force. Dale asked a question only a driver would ask "Would you bump the back of a car to damage the diffuser removing 40% of down force?" Austin avoided a direct answer - basically he said we'll find out.

Apparently Childress Racing and Chevy are helping develop the car. I don't know if there are other teams also helping the development. (I haven't followed the development of the new car).

Is there supposed to be some ‘can’t miss’ episode posted a couple days ago, or is it some other week they’re doing that?

Is there supposed to be some ‘can’t miss’ episode posted a couple days ago, or is it some other week they’re doing that?
I think I saw something about an episode with Harvick but Dale was sick so they moved it a week or two? I’ll probably miss it as I get tired of his “tough guy” persona when he has NASCAR or his team around.
I know…broken record….😉😂

Truthfully.. I was expecting this to be the Carl Edwards episode everyone was wanting for awhile. I thought they might have drug him away from the tractor for a few hours…

but what you said makes more sense. I guess they’d call that a can’t miss episode

Did Junior ever have Geoff Bodine yet? I personally would listen to that in one day

Did Junior ever have Geoff Bodine yet? I personally would listen to that in one day

yea that would actually be a pretty good one. Truthfully he could really dive into the rivalry between himself and Earnhardt… I’d imagine Dale Jr might wanna hear some of that from Bodine’s perspective… but I could be wrong too

I wouldn’t mind hearing a little bit about Bodine’s involvement in the bob sledding stuff over the years. I recall hearing he has a lot of experience/knowledge of that sport.

Really thought Dale Jr might’ve had Edwards for this final show… dang! That would be fun to hear an interview from him… but likely won’t happen lol. When Carl is done… I guess he’s DUN. Good for him though

I think KH on the program could be entertaining. From what I recall there was a little disagreement between the 2 at some point when JR was talking about future driver salaries.

It's funny, everyone always said there's no way Dale would ever have Spencer or Harvick on his show, and now he's got both of them

Why would he not have Harvick? Did they have issues aside from his comment Jr needed to win more for Nascar to stay popular?

Why would he not have Harvick? Did they have issues aside from his comment Jr needed to win more for Nascar to stay popular?

Also Harvick got mad at JR when he said that if drivers wanted to stay in the sport they'd have to take a large pay cut. Guess he took it as a personal attack

Harvick said Jr. stunted NASCAR's growth, which didn't set well with him. Also what @wi_racefan said in his post above.

For the record, I never said Jr. wouldn't put Spencer or Harv on his show, but others have said it often.

From discussions Jr and Mike had on the show Jr had more of a problem with Spencer saying he cheated at Daytona July 2001 and Mike had more of a problem with what Harvick said especially since Harvick had driven at JRM.

I personally like shows where they talk to lesser named drivers and you get to learn about their careers. Like the episodes with Robert Pressley, Lyndon Amick, Buckshot Jones. I'd like Jr to have on guys like Jason Keller, Tim Fedewa, Loy Allen Jr, just because I like hearing the different stories and how those drivers view their careers. It's different then the usual superstars of the sport.

Also Harvick got mad at JR when he said that if drivers wanted to stay in the sport they'd have to take a large pay cut. Guess he took it as a personal attack
Yea I don’t need to pick a side on the argument, but it was kind of a sideways thing to chuck out at the time. If i leave a job and then say everyone else there should take less in the future I wouldn’t expect many to really be agreeing with me going forward.

But the response thrown at Dale Jr about stunting the growth of the sport was weak.

But the response thrown at Dale Jr about stunting the growth of the sport was weak.

I don't think KH was exactly wrong about that. Fans like to see their guy win. You can't tell me the sport would have retained more fans had JR won a couple championships

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

From discussions Jr and Mike had on the show Jr had more of a problem with Spencer saying he cheated at Daytona July 2001 and Mike had more of a problem with what Harvick said especially since Harvick had driven at JRM.

I personally like shows where they talk to lesser named drivers and you get to learn about their careers. Like the episodes with Robert Pressley, Lyndon Amick, Buckshot Jones. I'd like Jr to have on guys like Jason Keller, Tim Fedewa, Loy Allen Jr, just because I like hearing the different stories and how those drivers view their careers. It's different then the usual superstars of the sport.
I listen to the Podcast when I can on the way home from work. usually takes me 3 days to listen to one episode so I am very behind on it sometimes, its not a weekly listen. To piggy back off your point I loved the lesser known driver episodes too, you learn about said driver and an appreciation of how hard it is to make it in the sport. I also highly enjoy guests when they are Dale Earnhardt related, the Kirk Shelmerdine one is probably my favorite episode of the entire show. I also enjoyed the Andy Petree one highly. I also thought Harvick wasnt wrong about saying what he said about Jr being popular and stunting the growth of the sport, it was a cheap shot maybe, but he wasnt wrong. For as popular as Jr was can you imagine if he had won the Cup somewhere in 03-07 when he was at his most popular in that 8 Budweiser car? It would have been bonkers. Going one win for 5 years I thought and especially the McGrew years on the 88, Jr had the fans and support but not the results. I also thought when Jr said along the lines of "drivers were going to have to take a paycut to stay in the sport" was bogus because I believe he was already out of driving if not close to it, thats easy to say because you're at the finish line. I highly look forward to the Harvick episode, as an elder statesmen of the sport and one of the last ones left from The Winston Cup era I like hearing Harvick's views on things.

Has Jr interviewed Matt Kenseth? Those two had a friendly rivalry in the Busch series and I think they were friends. Both congratulated each other in victory lane at their first wins. Jr was the first to win a race during their first year in Cup but Matt won Rookie of the Year over Jr.

Has Jr interviewed Matt Kenseth? Those two had a friendly rivalry in the Busch series and I think they were friends. Both congratulated each other in victory lane at their first wins. Jr was the first to win a race during their first year in Cup but Matt won Rookie of the Year over Jr.
He's had him on twice I believe.

Here's a list of all the episodes.

Trying to skim episode now as description says he talks about Chase and that a conversation still needs to be had.

"I told him I would rather he had come out and hook me and stuff me into the fence. That's the way he should've done it."

Really interesting: He says that they understood each other after talking in Chase's hauler, but everyone on his team was pissed because of lost money. They get a bonus for winning, so he took it to Chase to "protect his team." In his mind, it was "you cost my guys a bonus check, I'm costing yours one."

I haven’t listened to it yet, might look at it sometime later. Hopefully they can get Carl on the show next year. Would be fun to hear what he’s done lately… and I’m sure he’d have some hot takes on rules packages and such… i dunno, just seems like that would be the true blockbuster type of show to surprise everyone with.

With Kevin, He’s a helluva race car driver. Dude has won tons of races and has a Cup title. Glad he got his time on a podcast this week. I’m sure his fans will enjoy this show.

I haven’t listened to it yet, might look at it sometime later. Hopefully they can get Carl on the show next year. Would be fun to hear what he’s done lately… and I’m sure he’d have some hot takes on rules packages and such… i dunno, just seems like that would be the true blockbuster type of show to surprise everyone with.

I’m bored With the Kevin stuff anyway now… everything was said and I feel like everyone has moved from it. He’s a helluva race car driver. Dude has won tons of races and has a Cup title. Glad he got his time on a podcast this week. I’m glad Bristol was what it was, it’s the moment I knew I wanted to be a Chase fan.
Probably be a cold day in hell before Carl reappears. He made a touch and go this year. I wish somehow they could hook him into an announcing role

Harv sounds like he kinda hates the new car lol. Flat out called it slow - which was pretty obvious to anyone with eyeballs.

Harv sounds like he kinda hates the new car lol. Flat out called it slow - which was pretty obvious to anyone with eyeballs.
Straightaway speed is easiest thing to fix. These engines were making 900+ HP not long ago. So moving it back up to 750-800 or so would still allow them to last. Plus if they can get the front grip up corner speed will increase. It's circle.

Back
Top Bottom