David Wilson was “disappointed”

This is an interesting statement from the tweet above:

“Any scenario that doesn't have Kyle Busch retiring from Joe Gibbs Racing and Toyota would be a monstrous disappointment for us and for Coach Gibbs and the family.”

Bazinga!

The family.

:XXROFL:

the-godfather-site-story.jpg

“Any scenario that doesn't have Kyle Busch retiring from Joe Gibbs Racing and Toyota would be a monstrous disappointment for us and for Coach Gibbs and the family.”

Bazinga!
Including the scenario of JGR not finding a sponsor and nobody else wanting or being able to afford Mr. Personality.

I've never seen an OEM so far up an owner's ass before lol. That can't be a bonus for any company wanting to be a sponsor I wouldn't think.

Including the scenario of JGR not finding a sponsor and nobody else wanting or being able to afford Mr. Personality.
I had a feeling this would be harder than expected.

The whole reason sponsors and car owners tolerate Kyle Busch is that he wins. A lot.
If he’s not winning a lot, and getting you that TV time, where’s the upside to sponsoring Kyle Busch?

Bazinga!
Kyle forced to retire at end of season?

If your a Chevy or Hendrick fan it’s easy to Pooh-Pooh this but other teams and manufacturers have a right to be disappointed if what he’s saying is true.
Agreed. Even if everything is "above board" and all teams get any data found, the optics are just not good to allow the team that's already borderline dominating the series to participate in an event that could serve as a huge testing advantage.

Agreed. Even if everything is "above board" and all teams get any data found, the optics are just not good to allow the team that's already borderline dominating the series to participate in an event that could serve as a huge testing advantage.
Bingo. Well put Dr.

Can't wait to hear @Revman 's thoughts!
On the Chevy front....How in the hell does the sanctioning body pull this without talking to its "partners?" ....and the Kyle Busch front....This is more about David supporting the process that leaning on JGR--but that won't stop @StandOnIt from turning it into something it isn't. WE have one team that gets US in the game....and the OEM President wants to go public, and embarrass the team owner? Got it. Impressed that David got his own thread. Let's start a Mark Rushbrook or a Jim Campbell thread.....What would people post? Probably not much.
The optics already suck when Chevy got their Camaro 2.0, and now this happens in a dark alley in the middle of the night. WTF is NASCAR thinking? The Next Gen is a huge hit, and you do this.....Jim France **** the bed on this IMO.
Kyle forced to retire at end of season?
I suspect that Kyle isn't budging from his 10 million asking price. I don't think Kenseth did either. Hard to blame them.....
I had a feeling this would be harder than expected.

The whole reason sponsors and car owners tolerate Kyle Busch is that he wins. A lot.
If he’s not winning a lot, and getting you that TV time, where’s the upside to sponsoring Kyle Busch?
Always wondered about Kyle's impact on a sponsor. I don't buy that he is someone they run from. There is a piece of this where the money guys are flattered that the acts as he does publicly, but is nice to them privately....and think about it....he can make bleach have attitude, and that interests people. More to your point....Is KFB worth the investment at this point in his career, or are his best days behind him? My guy, @jaqua19 points out that Kyle is on the backside of his success....I am on the fence...but neither of us can pony up 10 million so it's more about how many gallons of bleach do you think you can sell. I think what we have here is somewhat similar to the Kenseth situation....somewhat in the sense that Kyle is younger and much more appealing to sponsors.

I also think that this is a very interesting situation for Coach. You have to be careful here. You go big on salary for Kyle, you had better be prepared to do that for Bell....I think Truex retires at the end of the year or next, and Denny has lots of options that might be out of JGR control. Bottom line is that Bell is the prized asset for JGR and Toyota. He is the future, and is showing promise. He goes nowhere, but if you drop 10 million on an aging superstar, he isn't taking 3 million particularly if he starts winning, and there is every reason to believe that this is imminent. Very interesting.
Gotta tell ya...this is pretty awesome. LMAO. Well done!

Always wondered about Kyle's impact on a sponsor. I don't buy that he is someone they run from. There is a piece of this where the money guys are flattered that the acts as he does publicly, but is nice to them privately....and think about it....he can make bleach have attitude, and that interests people. More to your point....Is KFB worth the investment at this point in his career, or are his best days behind him? My guy, @jaqua19 points out that Kyle is on the backside of his success....I am on the fence...but neither of us can pony up 10 million so it's more about how many gallons of bleach do you think you can sell. I think what we have here is somewhat similar to the Kenseth situation....somewhat in the sense that Kyle is younger and much more appealing to sponsors.

I also think that this is a very interesting situation for Coach. You have to be careful here. You go big on salary for Kyle, you had better be prepared to do that for Bell....I think Truex retires at the end of the year or next, and Denny has lots of options that might be out of JGR control. Bottom line is that Bell is the prized asset for JGR and Toyota. He is the future, and is showing promise. He goes nowhere, but if you drop 10 million on an aging superstar, he isn't taking 3 million particularly if he starts winning, and there is every reason to believe that this is imminent. Very interesting.

If he's not winning and the only time he's getting TV time is when he's bitching about something, sponsors will run from him. His behavior is tolerated because he wins.

I don't really see why this is such a big deal. To my understanding it's not a true stock car but something very different
Seems like more of a publicity stunt than anything else. What are they going to learn at LeMans that can't be or already has been learned at any road course.

If he's not winning and the only time he's getting TV time is when he's bitching about something, sponsors will run from him. His behavior is tolerated because he wins.
Hell a couple of weeks ago he was the bestest driver ever according to you. How quick they flee lol. You and sponsors do have that in common. Kyle is only as good as his last win.
Wilson is already laying off the blame and putting it all on the preacher if they can't find sponsorship. Watch Wilson take credit for it if they do find sponsors. Manufacturers should keep their mouths shut, stay out of things like this and let independent car owners run their business IF they really are independent team owners. I've always thought Gibbs was more of an employee and having a wet nurse like Wilson grabbing the headlines it sure looks that way. "Family"

Jr motorsports
moves to cup
signs Kyle
My butt
Monkeys
Flying out

Bottom line is that Bell is the prized asset for JGR and Toyota. He is the future, and is showing promise. He goes nowhere, but if you drop 10 million on an aging superstar, he isn't taking 3 million particularly if he starts winning, and there is every reason to believe that this is imminent.
His average finish is 15th over last season and this. He finishes off the lead lap about a third of the time, and he doesn't lead many laps, so he's not in position to take advantage of other drivers' mistakes or problems. I'd like to hear some of those reasons you think he's about to start living in Victory Lane. Otherwise, if Christopher Bell is the future, they better find a sponsor for the crybaby ASAP.

Seems like more of a publicity stunt than anything else. What are they going to learn at LeMans that can't be or already has been learned at any road course.
I may be misremembering again, but doesn't this car incorporate some form of hybrid technology? If so, I could see the other manufacturers seeing this as Chevy getting a jump on them.

If I'm incorrect, then I agree that publicity is the big gain for GM.

I may be misremembering again, but doesn't this car incorporate some form of hybrid technology? If so, I could see the other manufacturers seeing this as Chevy getting a jump on them.

If I'm incorrect, then I agree that publicity is the big gain for GM.
As long as we are all about parity, how about letting Ford and Chevy take a peek at this. It's nonsense IMO what Toyota could possibility learn when they have already raced Hybrids for years (since 2016) at LeMans of all places.

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing INTRODUCES GR010 HYBRID HYPERCAR​

As long as we are all about parity, how about letting Ford and Chevy take a peek at this. It's nonsense IMO what Toyota could possibility learn when they have already raced Hybrids for years (since 2016) at LeMans of all places.

TOYOTA GAZOO Racing INTRODUCES GR010 HYBRID HYPERCAR​

Besides TGR and TRD racing activities having nothing to do with each other that particular tech is irrelevant compared to GM mating an actual Cup engine with a future electric Next Gen component.

Hell a couple of weeks ago he was the bestest driver ever according to you. How quick they flee lol. You and sponsors do have that in common. Kyle is only as good as his last win.
Wilson is already laying off the blame and putting it all on the preacher if they can't find sponsorship. Watch Wilson take credit for it if they do find sponsors. Manufacturers should keep their mouths shut, stay out of things like this and let independent car owners run their business IF they really are independent team owners. I've always thought Gibbs was more of an employee and having a wet nurse like Wilson grabbing the headlines it sure looks that way. "Family"

Kyle's a great driver who isn't winning right now.

After complaining to NASCAR, Toyota granted full access to Next Gen testing for Le Mans​

View attachment 63165

David Wilson was not wrong though. It's an unfair advantage but we were all supposed to turn a blind eye since Chase Elliott benefits from it.

Lets say that it does give Chevy a advantage in the future,say with the battery powerplant and Toyota/Ford get to look at what is being done. Does this mean Chevy will get to oversee yotas testing when the time comes.

Kyle's a great driver who isn't winning right now.

David Wilson was not wrong though. It's an unfair advantage but we were all supposed to turn a blind eye since Chase Elliott benefits from it.
How in the hell do you, me, David Wilson or the fence post know it is an unfair advantage? Nascar is involved in the effort. How do you know the hybrid system won't be a standard part adapted to all brands? Think how would a racing series keep costs down to the teams? It sure as hell wouldn't be letting all of them develop their own separate hybrid system. Anyway that is what logic and the trend in Nascar is these days? Standardized parts. It could be the other way, but it would get expensive real fast.

RCR helped build the Gen 7 cars I dont remember anyone crying about that. I think the advantage gained from Chevy/HMS doing LeMans is minimal advantage...if any. What if any team or manufacturer could have went to NASCAR and just asked to do this? Then I would say Hendrick Motorsports and to an extent Chevrolet caught everyone else sleeping and with their pants down....the only thing left is the crying which Toyota is apparently doing.

How in the hell do you, me, David Wilson or the fence post know it is an unfair advantage?

Exactly. Bunch of nonsense. Anyone speculating that Chevrolet/HMS/Elliott/etc will benefit from this is full of it. That's like saying Penske, Ganassi, and Haas have an unfair advantage in NASCAR because they run open wheel.

Exactly. Bunch of nonsense. Anyone speculating that Chevrolet/HMS/Elliott/etc will benefit from this is full of it. That's like saying Penske, Ganassi, and Haas have an unfair advantage in NASCAR because they run open wheel.
Next Gen Camaro beefed up for reliability and incorporating future hybrid tech

Open wheel car with entirely different engine and chassis platform at about half the weight

Surely there’s a difference?

Next Gen Camaro beefed up for reliability and incorporating future hybrid tech

Open wheel car with entirely different engine and chassis platform at about half the weight

Surely there’s a difference?
How and the hell can you "beef" up a car and have it legal in Nascar? That is what I want to know

You think they are just going to throw a current Gen 7 car as it is onto LeMans and race for 24 hours?

How and the hell can you "beef" up a car and have it legal in Nascar? That is what I want to know

Didn't read what he said.

"Incorporating future hybrid tech."

If they leave Le Mans and decide to incorporate some things into the Cup cars the following year, Hendrick will have a huge advantage. Especially since Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson will be running in that race.

David Wilson didn't call it an advantage, but it is one and we all know it. A lot of y'all are just ignoring it because you hate Toyota or like Chase Elliott. David Wilson called out the lack of transparency, to which NASCAR agreed - because they probably didn't think that part through in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom