Deegan update

I get that, but when you are a rookie with limited experience and and you're getting wrecked all of the time, it's hard to improve. In several of the races I have watched she was generally moving forward, so who knows what happens if she actually gets to go the distance. Those races aren't that long anyway, and when you don't even get to run a big chunk of them, it makes it tough. Don't forget, no practice either. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she is first tier talent, I knew that when I saw her ARCA races. That doesn't mean she can't become a solid consistent driver though. Everybody always talks about how this driver or that driver should drop down and become the "face" of the Truck Series, well maybe she improves enough to grow into that role too.
That, I will agree with. Which is why I said my opinion was based on what I am currently seeing on the track. She actually may improve over time and eventually be a top ten driver.
I think no practice hurts everyone, regardless of the series. The biggest losers from no practice are the younger, less experienced drivers and teams that have made significant personnel changes over the past season. I think even the fans wanna see practice (and qualifying) return.

why don't you talk to Deegan's sponsors. Tell them they shouldn't sponsor her because she isn't winning :biggrin:
Why should I? I don't buy products because of someone on social media. I don't follow anyone on social media. I watch this sport for what drivers do with their helmets on. If I support a driver it's because I like the way they perform on the racetrack, not because of what pants they wear, what they drink or what fragrance they wear. I watch racing from a competitive standpoint. I have no investment from a sponsor standpoint.

Well, for the sake of accuracy, Rudd was just coming off his first two wins when this ad was done, after having been around for about seven years.
"Win" being the key word. Like I said, Deegan may end up winning. From what I'm witnessing now, I don't see it happening, even in the Truck Series.

Why should I? I don't buy products because of someone on social media. I don't follow anyone on social media. I watch this sport for what drivers do with their helmets on. If I support a driver it's because I like the way they perform on the racetrack, not because of what pants they wear, what they drink or what fragrance they wear. I watch racing from a competitive standpoint. I have no investment from a sponsor standpoint.
AND you live in a fairy tale world, it isn't the racing business...never has been. Stick with stroking the winners and don't worry about drivers who are well sponsored and are racing in the series.

You said your team dissolved for lack of funds. It isn't time to change the subject as you brought it up in THIS thread. ANNETT has the money to race, your team didn't
No, I brought it up in the Josh Berry thread, not THIS one. First off, the primary team I worked for did not desolve, it just become hopelessly noncompetitive as what money there HAD been in ARCA began to really dry up. I get it that Annett HAS the money to race, my point is that he is WASTING it, and by selfishly using it for himself, he's holding people that could put it to better use. It's not like he needs the paycheck from racing, and he's not even Paul Menard good. When you become the weak link, there comes a time to either step up your game or get out.

"Win" being the key word. Like I said, Deegan may end up winning. From what I'm witnessing now, I don't see it happening, even in the Truck Series.
And my point was that it took Rudd a LONG time to become a winner, choose your reason. All I'm saying is that perhaps we should just cut Deegan some slack for a year or two and see if she develops as a driver. If she doesn't then we likely have no argument. It would HELP her development if the people around her truck could stop driving like it's a demolition derby.

No, I brought it up in the Josh Berry thread, not THIS one. First off, the primary team I worked for did not desolve, it just become hopelessly noncompetitive as what money there HAD been in ARCA began to really dry up. I get it that Annett HAS the money to race, my point is that he is WASTING it, and by selfishly using it for himself, he's holding people that could put it to better use. It's not like he needs the paycheck from racing, and he's not even Paul Menard good. When you become the weak link, there comes a time to either step up your game or get out.
That is called lack of funding. So now you are an investment counselor telling ANNETT how he should spend his money..this is too weird

AND you live in a fairy tale world, it isn't the racing business...never has been. Stick with stroking the winners and don't worry about drivers who are well sponsored and are racing in the series.
I watch drivers that perform well on track. Not interested in who's running consistent 20's.
And my point was that it took Rudd a LONG time to become a winner, choose your reason. All I'm saying is that perhaps we should just cut Deegan some slack for a year or two and see if she develops as a driver. If she doesn't then we likely have no argument. It would HELP her development if the people around her truck could stop driving like it's a demolition derby.
You keep repeating yourself even after I stated that I agreed with you.
*Edit* and for what it's worth, Rudd was competing in the Cup series, with better drivers.

All I can say is Deegan is not being rushed. She is cutting her teeth in the lower series.

Doesn't bother me one bit. And once again, that is the only troll leg you can stand on besides the fake indigence you are trying to peddle. She is selling Fords and Monster energy. What is hilarious is that you think you know more than mega corporations about who they should support.

The thread is about results, not social media numbers or selling trucks and drinks.

The fact that she is all but guaranteed a full-time Cup ride with a top-tier team, and realistically might/could land that ride with no real accomplishments outside of a few K&N Weat races, because she's hot and marketable is an indictment of the sport as a whole.

That is called lack of funding. So now you are an investment counselor telling ANNETT how he should spend his money..this is too weird
I'm sorry, I just don't see the connection. All I'm saying is that if I was driving a race car that was capable of winning races and competing for the championship, and the ONLY reason that is not happening is ME, that would bother me a LOT, especially if I was only driving the car to get my kicks, not earn a living. Evidently it doesn't bother Annett, so it is what it is.

The thread is about results, not social media numbers or selling trucks and drinks.

The fact that she is all but guaranteed a full-time Cup ride with a top-tier team, and realistically might/could land that ride with no real accomplishments outside of a few K&N Weat races, because she's hot and marketable is an indictment of the sport as a whole.
Well I pray that doesn't happen, because she clearly is not ready, won't be for some time, and the odds are better than 50-50 she never WILL be. It would be Danica 2.0, probably worse, and It's hard to see how that would be good for ANYBODY. Now if somebody wanted her to drive a FEW Xfinity races, I'd be OK with that, because it's POSSIBLE she would actually be a better fit in those cars, who knows. but not a full season, not yet anyway.

I want to see a young woman like Hailie Deegan go out there and kick all the ass. I legitimately want to see these grown ass hick gomers lose their minds when a girl goes to Cup and wins a race. I was rooting for Danica Patrick for that very reason, and if/when Deegan contends for wins, I'll be cheering for her to win.

This is what I wanted to see, and had hoped it was, it still can be for Deegan if a significant progression takes place over time.

This is what I wanted to see, and had hoped it was, it still can be for Deegan if a significant progression takes place over time.

Yep.

But if you dare point out that she's not running well, you're a misogynist who needs to look at sponsor dollars and her last name and respect her for that.

You know, everything that's wrong with this sport.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the connection. All I'm saying is that if I was driving a race car that was capable of winning races and competing for the championship, and the ONLY reason that is not happening is ME, that would bother me a LOT, especially if I was only driving the car to get my kicks, not earn a living. Evidently it doesn't bother Annett, so it is what it is.
Well your not Annett, nor do you know what Annett is thinking so therin lies the rub or rubbish. You were down in the lower, lower series running for prize money and sponsorless? That's a recipe for failure and you didn't get paid. Where as Annett's bunch draws a salary and makes a living as a pit crew

Yep.

But if you dare point out that she's not running well, you're a misogynist who needs to look at sponsor dollars and her last name and respect her for that.

You know, everything that's wrong with this sport.
you haven't been around long enough to know what is right or wrong for this sport and live in fairy land. No money no racing that is rule #1

you haven't been around long enough to know what is right or wrong for this sport and live in fairy land. No money no racing that is rule #1

You're sitting here bringing up social media numbers and selling trucks and energy drinks in a discussion about ........... driver skill and on-track performance.

:confused:

Go smoke a joint.

You're sitting here bringing up social media numbers and selling trucks and energy drinks in a discussion about ........... driver skill and on-track performance.

:confused:

Go smoke a joint.
Your hanging around the lower lower lower series. Take a walk in the pits. Look at the hauler and all of the equipment cars ETC and take a wild guess how much they have invested. Then find out the prize money for winning the race..2,000, 2,500 maybe. Now figure out how ANY of them can race using those figures. Doesn't matter 1st or last You can't do it alone no matter how good you are off of prize money unless you have more money then Ben Gum.

You're trying to explain "business" in a conversation about skill because you want to be Hailie's White Knight or something.

Nobody's arguing that she has the financial backing to go to Cup because she's a pretty face that sells merchandise. The discussion is about whether she's good enough to win races in the upper echelons of NASCAR. So far, she hasn't proven that she is.

Well I pray that doesn't happen, because she clearly is not ready, won't be for some time, and the odds are better than 50-50 she never WILL be. It would be Danica 2.0, probably worse, and It's hard to see how that would be good for ANYBODY. Now if somebody wanted her to drive a FEW Xfinity races, I'd be OK with that, because it's POSSIBLE she would actually be a better fit in those cars, who knows. but not a full season, not yet anyway.

Deegan having an unsuccessful career would set things back for all women in racing, and unfairly so.

The sport decided a few years ago that Hailie Deegan was The One and declared her the best female racer in asphalt racing when, at the time, she had no accomplishments in asphalt racing.

It would be so damaging if "The Best Female Racer in History" ended up being a complete bust, which I hope doesn't happen, but she has to show significant progression over the next couple years.

Shayna Texter ... Google her up..

1632954632323.png

While people will disagree - see this thread - Shes got a racing mind. Not all ladies in racing do.

Well your not Annett, nor do you know what Annett is thinking so therin lies the rub or rubbish. You were down in the lower, lower series running for prize money and sponsorless? That's a recipe for failure and you didn't get paid. Where as Annett's bunch draws a salary and makes a living as a pit crew
Did I ever say I WAS Annett, or that I knew what he was thinking? I said if I was in his position, how I would look at it. I would come to grips with the fact that I am part of a team that is WAY better than I am or will ever be and just sponsor it instead of trying to be the driver too. Maybe in trade he could go drive one of Berry's late models that is a little more in his league.

As for myself, I joined a team trying to BUILD something, something WORTHY of significant sponsorship and it DID for a short period of time, and damn near happened other times. AND, I did it knowing that if we succeeded, it would likely end my tenure with the team, and I was JUST FINE with that. Playing team sports as a kid taught me to know my role and always put the team first.

I actually really like and root for Hailie, but Brian seems kinda weird lately. Idk I was hoping to see Brian give stock car racing a shot as a father / daughter thing as well.

I am also concerned that expectations are far too high for her.

I actually really like and root for Hailie, but Brian seems kinda weird lately. Idk I was hoping to see Brian give stock car racing a shot as a father / daughter thing as well.

I am also concerned that expectations are far too high for her.
Brian has no patience for back markers. He’s a hard man to please.

There is talk about a part time Xfinity ride next year
This talk is from her. There is no confirmation of a, full, part or one off ride. .She says she wishes for a x finity ride. I wish for a winning lottery ticket. We both have the same shot.

Back
Top Bottom