Deegan update

The "All things Danica" thread that got moved to the basement only reached 15 pages. We are over 58

She’ll get two or three years, but Moffitt - a much better driver - currently sits 15th in that ride. Maybe Ford and SHR are strengthening support of the team, but I still can’t imagine her doing too much there. It’ll take a big change in form to post solid results in the series, and however the differences between the Xfinity and Truck equipment play to her favor could just as well be negated by going against a stronger field.

Best of luck to her and my skepticism about her ability to become a realiable top 10 driver and a threat to win in any of the three top Nascar divisions doesn't really matter. I have to say I have been wrong before about some young guns in believing they would become of one of the next big things in a Cup car. I also didn't see a seven top cup champion's future in a young Jimmie Johnson. You never really know for sure about they will do until the opportunity comes and materializes.

AM Racing or Kevin Cywinaki have obviously crunched the numbers more than I have and it is their investment or skin in the game. If she has compelled them to give her a shot then more power to her. If she suceeds it will be a great thing and even a transformitive thing for Nascar and young wimmins that want to race.
We will see what she can do.

She’ll get two or three years, but Moffitt - a much better driver - currently sits 15th in that ride. Maybe Ford and SHR are strengthening support of the team, but I still can’t imagine her doing too much there. It’ll take a big change in form to post solid results in the series, and however the differences between the Xfinity and Truck equipment play to her favor could just as well be negated by going against a stronger field.
Thanks for your input as always FRF. I hope you are wrong that she will excel where moffit has not.
Proof. Pudding.

Thanks for your input as always FRF. I hope you are wrong that she will excel where moffit has not.
Proof. Pudding.
Moffit is an excellent driver that just didnt quite make it in the upper levels or the GN series. I am not saying she will not be as good as him but I will have to eat a lot of crow if that becomes the case. I think that would be a very ambitious goal.

I've said it since day one that her driving career isn't entirely dependent of results. But as usual, so many think she has to be a top ten or whatever and they go blah blah blah on and on. This move once again proves my case. When will they ever learn lol.

i think shr and ford will really help them both,has long has the whole team is 100 % in on her. do the ifinity cars run more races the trucks?she should do some races with the team this year, good luck to her

Yep more races. Deegan has the backing of Ford as well as new sponsors Airbox and Viva Tequilla Seltzer and Monster.
Yeah, I get the feeling that team is on an uptick. Whether Deegan helps that or hurts that remains to be seen. She will surely bring a lot of media and fan attention, and probably some sponsorship dollars, so if she doesn't wad up a bunch of cars, it may work pretty good even if the results aren't spectacular.

Yeah, I get the feeling that team is on an uptick. Whether Deegan helps that or hurts that remains to be seen. She will surely bring a lot of media and fan attention, and probably some sponsorship dollars, so if she doesn't wad up a bunch of cars, it may work pretty good even if the results aren't spectacular.
Yep, she brings dollar signs to that team. All kinds of eyes on with media.
Deegan boasts one of the biggest social-media followings in NASCAR with 3.2 million followers on TikTok, 1.4 million followers on Instagram and 566,000 subscribers to her YouTube channel.

I've said it since day one that her driving career isn't entirely dependent of results. But as usual, so many think she has to be a top ten or whatever and they go blah blah blah on and on. This move once again proves my case. When will they ever learn lol.
We’re just voicing frustration that this is one of the few sports where you get better opportunities for being attractive, popular or rich than you do for getting results. Better drivers with less followers continue to flounder at local tracks or in bad equipment, while people with daddy’s money and pretty faces fill the good seats. You don’t have a problem with that? That’s fine. I want to watch the best possible drivers on the track, and that hasn’t been the case for a long time.
Look at how much of a joke some of these truck races have become because of bad drivers with money crashing every week. That’s not a good product to me.

Here’s to 100 pages because the results aren’t going to change.

We’re just voicing frustration that this is one of the few sports where you get better opportunities for being attractive, popular or rich than you do for getting results. Better drivers with less followers continue to flounder at local tracks or in bad equipment, while people with daddy’s money and pretty faces fill the good seats. You don’t have a problem with that? That’s fine. I want to watch the best possible drivers on the track, and that hasn’t been the case for a long time.
Look at how much of a joke some of these truck races have become because of bad drivers with money crashing every week. That’s not a good product to me.

1696534694137.png

There’s probably some ugly ass balding man with a gut who is racing at a local short track somewhere who could be a Cup Champion if someone invested in him.

You know what? You follow a long line of your fellow racing ancestors that can never understand that neither life or racing isn't fair. There have always been and always will be drivers and racing teams that have more money than others, it's never going to change is the reality. Crying about it isn't going to change a damn thing lol.

There’s probably some ugly ass balding man with a gut who is racing at a local short track somewhere who could be a Cup Champion if someone invested in him.
Tony Stewart fits all but the balding part and he turned out alright lol

I love how people think Jimmie Johnson sucked in the Busch series. He did win a race in a season where a dozen cup regulars were racing every week on cup series teams that had Busch programs. Johnson had way tougher competition and didn’t have the best equipment and still managed a win and several good runs. Deegan is severely underperforming. The two are not comparable.

As for the Larson thing, not even the same situation. He is a proven winner in everything he’s ever sat in. If he said that word with Deegan type results he’d still be full time dirt racing.
Herzog Motorsports were a brand new team when Johnson ran with them, and he finished top 10 in points both years. They weren't a powerhouse team. But it's not like he was a nobody who fell upwards lol

Johnson had a lot more success pre NASCAR in racing than most of his contemporaries except Tony Stewart, and its crazy that people don't know this. During his pre pavement days, he won like 30+ races, 5+ championships and had like 100+ podium finishes during his SCORE, MTEG, and CODA off road/dirt career.

He jumped to stockcars, landed in ASA with no pavement expeirence and won races, and even competed for a championship. Ended up with the underfunded Herzogs.

His talent was well known by Chevrolet and was validated by Gordon. He landed at HMS because he was a generational talent and was the Tony Stewart of the off road/stadium truck world.

But for some reason, people think he was "just an okay Busch driver who fell up"

His trajectory into a top Chevy cup car was set in motion in the 90s. His ASA/Busch time was just racing reps. He was the Chevy developmental driver of the 90s.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, Johnson was OK in the Busch Series, but are you telling me ANYTHING he actually did there justified the ride he got? He was hired on potential and a good personality and not much more. I watched every single race he ran praying that he could do well enough to ever even get a SHOT at a Cup car. The win came AFTER he was signed to HMS. Larson may have been a proven winner, but he got fired from a B level team and hired by THE team. Obviously his talent wasn't enough for Chip to go to bat for him, or his sponsors to ride out the flak and bring him back.
Nothing he did in Busch justified the ride he got.

But everything he did in racing prior to the Busch series was good enough for Chevy. Yeah, he didn't do **** in the Busch series. But that HMS gig was signed before his rookie season was up. His prior relationship with Chevy, his off road talents, and his brief run with ASA are what made him attractive to Chevy cup teams imo, Gordon validating the talent, and Lowe's investment in Jimmie was icing on the cake.

Best of luck to her and my skepticism about her ability to become a realiable top 10 driver and a threat to win in any of the three top Nascar divisions doesn't really matter. I have to say I have been wrong before about some young guns in believing they would become of one of the next big things in a Cup car. I also didn't see a seven top cup champion's future in a young Jimmie Johnson. You never really know for sure about they will do until the opportunity comes and materializes.

AM Racing or Kevin Cywinaki have obviously crunched the numbers more than I have and it is their investment or skin in the game. If she has compelled them to give her a shot then more power to her. If she suceeds it will be a great thing and even a transformitive thing for Nascar and young wimmins that want to race.
We will see what she can do.
Money play, nothing more, nothing less.

She ran well in the 07 in a Stewaert Haas backed car in one race last year. But she has been very weak in the Truck series in great equipment. She'll probably end up around 20th in the standings. Hopefully she doesn't just take up space and has a few good runs. The lady on THE Nascar Serius XM channel said she thunk Deegan can still be a superstar in Nascar. Doubtful

Thorsport wasn't going to keep her so she offered up enough money to land a lower level X ride. The 13th place in her first ride in X has some believing Trucks were holding her back, I still don't understand this line of thinking.The Xfinity series will be a much tougher hill to climb.

Thorsport wasn't going to keep her so she offered up enough money to land a lower level X ride. The 13th place in her first ride in X has some believing Trucks were holding her back, I still don't understand this line of thinking.The Xfinity series will be a much tougher hill to climb.
Yeah that's it lol. The paychecks are smaller in Xfinity. :dunce:

You are gonna have to explain what you just wrote. I never mentioned paychecks so ...........?
See if you can understand this. With Ford technical to the team backing and solid sponsors lined up she moved up. She was on Race Hub today talking about it. Chad Knaus was interviewing her

See if you can understand this. With Ford technical to the team backing and solid sponsors lined up she moved up.
I don't understand the hostility, I made an observation yet for some reason you are taking it personally. She is moving up because she brought money to move up, to a low-level Xfinity team, she wont be making more money. Making more money is when you move up and they pay you more.

I don't understand the hostility, I made an observation yet for some reason you are taking it personally. She is moving up because she brought money to move up, to a low-level Xfinity team, she wont be making more money. Making more money is when you move up and they pay you more.
You have no idea what money she is making Bud. The purses are larger for the same positions in Xfinity. It all depends on the contract but common sense says she will make more money. But whatever, trash away we got pages to burn lol.

She's gonna end up at SHR at some point.

Will see how 2024 goes for her.

You have no idea what money she is making Bud. The purses are larger for the same positions in Xfinity. It all depends on the contract but common sense says she will make more money. But whatever, trash away we got pages to burn lol.
Maybe it not necessarily that and this is all speculation, but maybe she still wasn’t going to be back with Thor, and even if she is bringing less $, she/whoever helps her decided it would be better spent on a lower tier Xfinity ride vs trucks if she couldn’t return to a top tier ride in either series.

Just a guess that makes sense especially if she welcomed a “fresh start” so to speak.

Maybe it not necessarily that and this is all speculation, but maybe she still wasn’t going to be back with Thor, and even if she is bringing less $, she/whoever helps her decided it would be better spent on a lower tier Xfinity ride va trucks if she couldn’t return to a top tier ride in either series.

Just a guess that makes sense especially if she welcomed a “fresh start” so to speak.
Do you know how many Ford teams there are in Xfinity?

You don't pay for a ride and make more money, That's common sense. You sure are edgy for some reason, I'm trying to have a civil conversation and ....again you are taking it personal.

You don't pay for a ride and make more money, That's common sense. You sure are edgy for some reason, I'm trying to have a civil conversation and ....again you are taking it personal.
What are you talking about? Logano tried to get a truck ride and couldn't get a truck ride without paying.

Well Logano said he basically refused to pay, almost like he seemed to think it was beneath him kind of. But completely different scenario in almost every way, with him being a multiple time Cup champion at the time and discussing a one off truck race.

And no idea what it really has to do with them MAKING money when they are the ones paying to do it either way.

He wanted to race a truck until they told him he had to pay lol. Very hard to get into ANY series unless you bring money.
You are getting off track, we were talking about Deegan, making more money by moving up yet she had to pay to move up, remember?

Back
Top Bottom