Denny Hamlin Appreciation Thread

This is the first time I've actually laughed at one of the nicknames you come up with. Well done :biggrin:

Up until I read Rev’s post I couldn’t figure out if it was a parody account like Whining Smoke or not. After seeing Bowman called “Cutie Pie” I think I’ve got my answer. 😅

When it comes to favorite driver’s, I like to think that I’m allowed to like who I like and not like who I don’t like without repercussions but I sorta like them all depending on the flow of recent events and at the risk of getting labeled an overliker or bandwagoner, I guess that makes me a chooser chooch of sorts, all part of the fun of fandom I suppose because it's really not that serious. Personally I like a driver with some heel in him it shows unfazed fight that they’re not going to take any sh*t from fans or otherwise.

A gloss over I find to be interesting, is Denny grass roots worked his way up the ranks, yet is not celebrated to that degree when many hold that up as a badge of honor (as they should), perhaps because he’s drives a Toyota or perhaps different reasons, there’s been some egregious dive bombs in the past (who hasn’t?) it comes with the territory some more than others a given, the Martinsville Chase Elliott incident had me not digging Denny for a long while, I remember that and was rooting for Chase to wall him at Phoenix. But fast forward years and years later, I think he’s been and continues to be a real positive for the sport across the board as an owner driver spokesman and now heel for entertainment purposes lol. Rest assured Denny is laughing all the way to bank and into the NASCAR hall of fame.

I find his pit road speeding habits to be hilarious & unbelievable at the same time, he’s eclipsed over 50 Cup wins while doing this, the extra challenge is legendary.

This year feels different almost destined for Denny with a dnf while locked to the playoff 8, but I’m not going to go there on predictions there’s too many upper eschelon driver’s capable of getting to and winning at Phoenix, he doesn’t need the championship to cement anything, for Hamlin it would just be a cherry on top of what already is.

When it comes to favorite driver’s, I like to think that I’m allowed to like who I like and not like who I don’t like without repercussions but I sorta like them all depending on the flow of recent events and at the risk of getting labeled an overliker or bandwagoner, I guess that makes me a chooser chooch of sorts, all part of the fun of fandom I suppose because it's really not that serious. Personally I like a driver with some heel in him it shows unfazed fight that they’re not going to take any sh*t from fans or otherwise.

A gloss over I find to be interesting, is Denny grass roots worked his way up the ranks, yet is not celebrated to that degree when many hold that up as a badge of honor (as they should), perhaps because he’s drives a Toyota or perhaps different reasons, there’s been some egregious dive bombs in the past (who hasn’t?) it comes with the territory some more than others a given, the Martinsville Chase Elliott incident had me not digging Denny for a long while, I remember that and was rooting for Chase to wall him at Phoenix. But fast forward years and years later, I think he’s been and continues to be a real positive for the sport across the board as an owner driver spokesman and now heel for entertainment purposes lol. Rest assured Denny is laughing all the way to bank and into the NASCAR hall of fame.

I find his pit road speeding habits to be hilarious & unbelievable at the same time, he’s eclipsed over 50 Cup wins while doing this, the extra challenge is legendary.

This year feels different almost destined for Denny with a dnf while locked to the playoff 8, but I’m not going to go there on predictions there’s too many upper eschelon driver’s capable of getting to and winning at Phoenix, he doesn’t need the championship to cement anything, for Hamlin it would just be a cherry on top of what already is.
Denny made a comment to Dale Jr recently stating he'd retire if he moved from Gibbs to a lesser team because he'd be exposed, and states he isn't a top 100 talent in American motorsports basically.

I find that to be ridiculous. Denny may not have the raw talent of a handful of other championship caliber drivers.

But he absolutely has the best racecraft in the series, and is an exceptional racecar driver.

He's just a **** head.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have the utmost respect for the cup drivers as it takes a bunch of talent to do what they do week in and week out. I don’t dislike any drivers but I do cheer for guys like Eric Jones, Daniel Suarez (he’s a big air cooled VW guy like me), Willy B (fan since day 1) Christopher Bell & Gibbs in the 54.

The cup guys make what they do look easy but it’s anything but.

Y. D y N yûbbbb
Denny made a comment to Dale Jr recently stating he'd retire if he moved from Gibbs to a lesser team because he'd be exposed, and states he isn't a top 100 talent in American motorsports basically.

I find that to be ridiculous. Denny may not have the raw talent of a handful of other championship caliber drivers.

But he absolutely has the best racecraft in the series, and is an exceptional racecar driver.

He's just a **** head.

Are pit stops not part of race craft? 🤪 :rolleyes:

Yeah, but they have problems keeping their drivers on the track. Duh. Cutie Pie Bowman and Chasey completely ****** their seasons....and Larson's primary has a familiar name doesn't it? I don't see problems with JGR sponsors....I see a greedy driver who lost his truck team, took a pay cut, and got himself an extra round compared last year. A round of applause for being nothing more than what he has been the last few years....sans the a**hole persona because, you know. the resurrection narrative. Jeffy--much like the Felon--should mind his own business, but he just can't help himself.
Updating the glossary everybody has a nick-name now I think.

He's just a **** head.

I am enjoying my newfound fandom for Denny. He is good to his crew. Respectful to his crew chief. Has fun with the fans--both those who hate him and those who love him. He is fast. The podcast is awesome. Get to know what Denny is thinking about his own performance and that of his competition. The guy has grown to be an asset to this sport, but the fandom spends a ton of time with its head up its ass, so it doesn't even know it. Look at our very own @StandOnIt ....Hates the **** out of KB until he goes to Chevy. Same KB...mediocre....but now he is a hero. All those years ****ting on him, and our boy didn't know how much he loved him deep down inside.

I am enjoying my newfound fandom for Denny. He is good to his crew. Respectful to his crew chief. Has fun with the fans--both those who hate him and those who love him. He is fast. The podcast is awesome. Get to know what Denny is thinking about his own performance and that of his competition. The guy has grown to be an asset to this sport, but the fandom spends a ton of time with its head up its ass, so it doesn't even know it. Look at our very own @StandOnIt ....Hates the **** out of KB until he goes to Chevy. Same KB...mediocre....but now he is a hero. All those years ****ting on him, and our boy didn't know how much he loved him deep down inside.
Birds of a feather. Hamlin is the village idiot.

Birds of a feather. Hamlin is the village idiot.
A simple manufacturer change, and he becomes your village idiot. When does the modified KB Resurrection Narrative shift to....".....but he is happier now..."? Bet it's a tough pill as his former teammates fly by him.

A simple manufacturer change, and he becomes your village idiot. When does the modified KB Resurrection Narrative shift to....".....but he is happier now..."? Bet it's a tough pill as his former teammates fly by him.
Stuck with trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear after they can't afford their most productive driver, Revman lashes out in a classic diversion tactic. He hasn't had to whip out his MY's or TRD yet to defend the blooming narcissistic idiot but it's coming folks.

Reactions: sdj
Stuck with trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear after they can't afford their most productive driver, Revman lashes out in a classic diversion tactic. He hasn't had to whip out his MY's or TRD yet to defend the blooming narcissistic idiot but it's coming folks.
Oh his history speaks for itself, but you now know what I have been watching for the last few seasons. Spin outs...no idea how to set the car up....pouty interviews....etc....the only thing you aren't getting is the ripping into the crew chief because his owner has kicked his ass before and would do it again. KB to Poor Richard is the biggest sellout I have ever seen. Don't miss him. You can have him. I like MY up and coming narcissist. Sorry he didn't give you more this year.

Oh his history speaks for itself, but you now know what I have been watching for the last few seasons. Spin outs...no idea how to set the car up....pouty interviews....etc....the only thing you aren't getting is the ripping into the crew chief because his owner has kicked his ass before and would do it again. KB to Poor Richard is the biggest sellout I have ever seen. Don't miss him. You can have him. I like MY up and coming narcissist. Sorry he didn't give you more this year.
Birds of a feather. No surprise.

Yeah, but they have problems keeping their drivers on the track. Duh. Cutie Pie Bowman and Chasey completely ****** their seasons....and Larson's primary has a familiar name doesn't it? I don't see problems with JGR sponsors....I see a greedy driver who lost his truck team, took a pay cut, and got himself an extra round compared last year. A round of applause for being nothing more than what he has been the last few years....sans the a**hole persona because, you know. the resurrection narrative. Jeffy--much like the Felon--should mind his own business, but he just can't help himself.
Jeff was asked a question, and he gave a honest answer. Being low key and not being to provocative is the Hendrick way, and it's hard to argue with how it's worked for them, and I respect their approach. It's not really MY way though, as I think you all know. I would be MUCH more like Denny than Jeff in the same position. One difference I DO see between the two situations is Denny is speaking not only as a driver, but an owner, and as a long term veteran. None of the HMS drivers are in a comparable situation to Denny though, and IF they spoke out too much, it would likely be Jeff that had to clean up the mess, so I get where he is coming from. As I have said before, I think Denny can be a real douche bag as a driver, but I respect and admire his often unfiltered honesty as a car owner. I think we need MORE of that, and not less. Even if he gets it wrong sometimes, I think there is REAL value in not always spouting the company talking points. If you don't want criticism, don't do things worthy of being criticized.

Jeff was asked a question, and he gave a honest answer. Being low key and not being to provocative is the Hendrick way, and it's hard to argue with how it's worked for them, and I respect their approach. It's not really MY way though, as I think you all know. I would be MUCH more like Denny than Jeff in the same position. One difference I DO see between the two situations is Denny is speaking not only as a driver, but an owner, and as a long term veteran. None of the HMS drivers are in a comparable situation to Denny though, and IF they spoke out too much, it would likely be Jeff that had to clean up the mess, so I get where he is coming from. As I have said before, I think Denny can be a real douche bag as a driver, but I respect and admire his often unfiltered honesty as a car owner. I think we need MORE of that, and not less. Even if he gets it wrong sometimes, I think there is REAL value in not always spouting the company talking points. If you don't want criticism, don't do things worthy of being criticized.
Jeffy needs to get HIS house in order. The jackass talks like the Felon Way is the secret sauce to success while he has two of his four drivers on the sidelines because of their entitled free time exploits. "No comment" works really well in this context.

...and being low key is talking about other teams' drivers? Hendrick is the most self-absorbed team in the garage.

Jeffy needs to get HIS house in order. The jackass talks like the Felon Way is the secret sauce to success while he has two of his four drivers on the sidelines because of their entitled free time exploits. "No comment" works really well in this context.

And the other two drivers are favorites to win the championship. Seems his house is doing ok. What house has more championships or wins than Hendrick? Certainly isn't your choir boys!

Hmm I wonder who has won Championships for the Jehovah Joes. Hint, it isn't a Hamlin and that winning driver is long gone from the asylum.

First, I fail to understand what two drivers getting hurt, and drivers speaking their mind have even the SLIGTHEST thing do with one another. Second, I don't see why you of all people give a damn about what happened to Chase and Alex, other than using it as a gratuitous opportunity to bash HMS for no good reason. Third, it's EASY to all act superior now, but let's not forget that the driver who you no longer like to mention missed half a season because he was running a Xfinity race for no good reason, Denny has been hurt playing basketball, and it was just pure luck that Bell never got hurt when he was still allowed to drive open wheel cars. Hell, Chase COULD have broken his leg falling down the front porch steps, as just happened to a dear friend of mine. Despite the one in a million misfortune that HMS has suffered this year, they STILL have two of the favorites to win the driver championship and THREE chances to win the owner title, so what exactly is the problem? As I have said more than once, fans are going to have to make up their minds what the hell they want. EVERYBODY gets all excited about cross-over talent, but whether it's Bowman running a sprint car, or Jordan Taylor or SVG or Kumi running a Cup race, there is ALWAYS the possibility of a driver getting hurt in a series they don't normally compete in. Who ISN'T excited about Larson running the Indy 500? What happens God forbid he gets hurt there and misses the rest of the Cup season? Also, with the record that HMS has built up, who has ANY leg to stand on when criticizing their "secret sauce" and how they conduct their affairs? One would think you would have just a LITTLE bit of respect for the guy that got YOUR guy off the ground and running in NASCAR, even if it WAS in those dark awful, and I'm sure irrelevant to you days before Toyota came on the scene.

...and being low key is talking about other teams' drivers? Hendrick is the most self-absorbed team in the garage.
When asked a direct question, what answer do YOU want Jeff to have given? Some bull**** PR response, a "no comment", or an honest personal opinion? Why are people so damn afraid of opinions that conflict with their own or don't fit neatly into your own personal agenda?

I still am not a fan of his. But he obviously cares about the state of the sport, it's future, and the fans. I appreciate that.

Once he retires and stops pissing off fans, he's going to be considered a great ambassador I think.

If I was starting a NASCAR team I would do my best to pattern it after HMS. I may not agree with everything they do but the success they’ve enjoyed over different eras is unmatched

Other teams would be wise to become self absorbed based on the success of HMS.

I still am not a fan of his. But he obviously cares about the state of the sport, it's future, and the fans. I appreciate that.

Once he retires and stops pissing off fans, he's going to be considered a great ambassador I think.

Once Hamlin retires from a multi Billion dollar group that Exclusively uses Fed X world wide for their shipping in a tit for tat business deal, if Hamlin is still in a partnership with 23 tennis shoe, when Hamlin starts alienating potential sponsors with his controversial yappy mouth, he will learn the hard way what "Jeffy" is trying to teach him.

Once Hamlin retires from a multi Billion dollar group that Exclusively uses Fed X world wide for their shipping in a tit for tat business deal, if Hamlin is still in a partnership with 23 tennis shoe, when Hamlin starts alienating potential sponsors with his controversial yappy mouth, he will learn the hard way what "Jeffy" is trying to teach him.
As long as he is associated with "23 tennis shoe" I think most sponsors will take his comments with a grain of salt. Tony Stewart was a complete ass as often as he wasn't, and he has never seemed to hurt for sponsors and business partners. I would agree with you on this in MOST cases, but some people are truly playing by a different set of rules than others are.

As long as he is associated with "23 tennis shoe" I think most sponsors will take his comments with a grain of salt. Tony Stewart was a complete ass as often as he wasn't, and he has never seemed to hurt for sponsors and business partners. I would agree with you on this in MOST cases, but some people are truly playing by a different set of rules than others are.
Your business partner is Michael ****** Jordan. You're in good shape

You haven't been paying much attention to Tony as an owner and what he says lately.

Jordon has money, but he has been self sponsoring many races this year out of his own pocket. Hamlin on the other hand has a multi billion corp doing business to business with Fed X and Fed X has to keep paying if they want their business.
Hamlin brings nothing to the table but his driving for another organization, he brings nothing to the table for Jordan but his mouth and a golf swing.

Jordon has money, but he has been self sponsoring many races this year out of his own pocket. Hamlin on the other hand has a multi billion corp doing business to business with Fed X and Fed X has to keep paying if they want their business.
Hamlin brings nothing to the table but his driving for another organization, he brings nothing to the table for Jordan but his mouth and a golf swing.
Jordan knew EXACTLY what he was getting with Dennis and decided to go into business with him anyway. I seriously doubt that MJ is all that worried about some slightly inflammatory comments about NASCAR that Denny makes on a podcast that a few hundred people listen to.

Jordan knew EXACTLY what he was getting with Dennis and decided to go into business with him anyway. I seriously doubt that MJ is all that worried about some slightly inflammatory comments about NASCAR that Denny makes on a podcast that a few hundred people listen to.
You don't know what Jordan knew or didn't know. lol.

It was kinda a joke, but since you think you know the truth would you care to elaborate?
Tell ya what, why don't you go on posting your stuff, your business. Two can play this game and I really don't think it is a good idea where you are trying to go dude.

Tell ya what, why don't you go on posting your stuff, your business. Two can play this game and I really don't think it is a good idea where you are trying to go dude.

Calm down buddy, I said it was a joke, but u two really are exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom