DIY Projects

Are those barrel sitting directly on the deck? Rain water will eventually drain out and without air circulating underneath could cause the deck boards starting to rot .

Nice job!
Thanks.

No, they're raised so that air can get underneath. I drilled holes in the bottoms to drain the water.

Took these to pics this morning shortly before sunrise. More light than I want all the time. I need to find an outdoor dimmer switch. So far, no luck.

cb64e6729c43eb0fb181fecd3fa4949b.jpg
cbd00f1007b6b1d8d0dfd0157b96b8c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Today's project.....

Slab wood from the Pennsylvania Amish. You are looking at over 1 ton of 10 ft slab wood that cost $20. Insane huh? Got most of the 1st load cut. Going back for another tomorrow. These two loads will give us plenty of campfires starting tonight.

Sunday will be stacking day.
3b91418e04346cc66c843ce444f0a855.jpg
5f5052dfa324b8fa6a2b951da576122f.jpg
36ee5ec9ec04078e42261adf21565a47.jpg
ab73285decf7a8b74d77f910fa2d48df.jpg

I'm telling my dad we should level the backyard before turning the pole barn area into a garage...

Thats going to be a TON of fun...
It's been hot and humid here for a while so it's been difficult to dedicate and entire day at a time. I spread the leveling out between a few weekends, quitting in the late morning when it started heating up.

It's been hot and humid here for a while so it's been difficult to dedicate and entire day at a time. I spread the leveling out between a few weekends, quitting in the late morning when it started heating up.
Certain people ask me why I'm in the boat leaving to go fishing before the sun even thinks about rising. It's mostly because I want to be home and out of the natural Florida sauna by 10 am or so. Retirement is wonderful. :D

Certain people ask me why I'm in the boat leaving to go fishing before the sun even thinks about rising. It's mostly because I want to be home and out of the natural Florida sauna by 10 am or so. Retirement is wonderful. :D
It helps that the fish are biting as the sun comes up.
yes.gif

Started installing insulation and plywood on the inside of my shed. That Pink Panther sure is proud of that pink cotton candy :mad:
That stuff is pretty expensive for what it is. 4 rolls of R19 plus the plywood and five 2X4s was a little over $400. o_O
The shed is bigger than it looks in pictures. The peak on the roof is 11'.

What are your plans for the shed?
Get these damn car parts out of my house.
In my office I have hoods, doors, core supports, grilles, bumpers. My bedroom has several boxes of parts.
I can't get through my garage to my toolbox without moving a bunch of crap first. I have engines, floor jacks, welders, cherry picker, engine stands, Snap On toolbox, boxes of car parts in my garage.
I'm just hoping to alleviate some of the clutter. :D

Get these damn car parts out of my house.
In my office I have hoods, doors, core supports, grilles, bumpers. My bedroom has several boxes of parts.
I can't get through my garage to my toolbox without moving a bunch of crap first. I have engines, floor jacks, welders, cherry picker, engine stands, Snap On toolbox, boxes of car parts in my garage.
I'm just hoping to alleviate some of the clutter. :D
So you're moving sh!t around. :D

Shed's in my area are a great source of income for the local tax collector. Anything 100 sq ft and over attracts their attention real quick.

In the meantime my bro brought me some Olympic Elite Woodland Oil sealer from out of state. The stuff is awesome on my redwood gate. The wood drinks it up. I wish I could buy this stuff here :(

Today's project is putting together the Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 rear airbags for on my new truck. Only have enough time today to put them together to get ready for the install. If all goes right I should have time to install them over the next day or so.

Some pics of the progress so far.....

162e3af535c8c5ab9864253e992b8345.jpg
db5e81cb3b96dd14798c7c8cb9fa259e.jpg
05edf0d85301c03f6e6c2841c1b9dfa5.jpg
586faa65f4489d8be78a70434451f050.jpg

The next step will be to remove the existing (yellow) jounce bumper assembly from under the frame on both sides.

d4185e2f4d726d3e0edd50e77d111a5d.jpg
94f5d6e7789abcdc4bf19dfb1268262d.jpg

I'm making this:

cabnet1.jpg

Into this (test fitting pieces):
Next up is to stain the poplar to look like the wood to the right. This is wasted space, it is the back of another shelf structure. It is a central location for several wiring systems in my lower level (speaker, cable, telephone, wired LAN system and wifi).

cabnet3.jpg

I'm making this:

View attachment 29178

Into this (test fitting pieces):
Next up is to stain the poplar to look like the wood to the right. This is wasted space, it is the back of another shelf structure. It is a central location for several wiring systems in my lower level (speaker, cable, telephone, wired LAN system and wifi).

View attachment 29179
That's awesome! I'd be embarrassed to show you my setup. Wish I had wired my speakers that way when I had the chance.

I've got a couple of real nice kids installing sprinklers in my backyard right now. The owner of the company is overseeing their work. They're doing a great job. Gonna be an 1100 sq ft patch of tall fescue once they're done. They had to trench a line from the front yard into the back.

So..... A while back we suffered a 2nd flood of our basement due to a water heater letting loose. During the renovation phase to the basement we, (by we I mean she), decided to move the pellet stove to the other end of the basement. To do this, I have to install new exhaust pipe for the stove. Only problem is everything is below ground level. I have to install a window well at the exit point of the stove pipe on the outside of the house. This means digging. I decided to start that project yesterday. Should have only taken a few minutes to dig with my little backhoe. Until..... I hit my downspout drain system. So, now the project is just a little bigger. Finished digging the old fashion way a few minutes ago. Going to buy the necessary parts pieces tomorrow to finish up what I damaged. Then back onto the original project in a few short days.

Some pics to follow.

So..... A while back we suffered a 2nd flood of our basement due to a water heater letting loose. During the renovation phase to the basement we, (by we I mean she), decided to move the pellet stove to the other end of the basement. To do this, I have to install new exhaust pipe for the stove. Only problem is everything is below ground level. I have to install a window well at the exit point of the stove pipe on the outside of the house. This means digging. I decided to start that project yesterday. Should have only taken a few minutes to dig with my little backhoe. Until..... I hit my downspout drain system. So, now the project is just a little bigger. Finished digging the old fashion way a few minutes ago. Going to buy the necessary parts pieces tomorrow to finish up what I damaged. Then back onto the original project in a few short days.

Some pics to follow.

Ouch.

Who would dig by hand when you have a suitable power tool - but there can be consequences. The job got a little longer. (I typically figure part of my time will be fixing mistakes - because I'm not a professional).

Who would dig by hand when you have a suitable power tool - but there can be consequences. The job got a little longer. (I typically figure part of my time will be fixing mistakes - because I'm not a professional).
LOL........ Not being a professional....... with a small backhoe handy....... is a recipe for disasater every time........ been there done that.......

friend digging out a trench to put a drain in front of my garage...... he stopped digging and yelled..... ''what's that?'' I said..... ''probably just a tree root''.........

Underground 220 to my garage........

Here's your sign.......

Pipe repairs complete.

Next step is to work from the inside of the basement out to get a hole through the wall to determine the exact location of the window well.
56c899590da22ea6facd709aafa052c0.jpg

LOL........ Not being a professional....... with a small backhoe handy....... is a recipe for disasater every time........ been there done that.......

friend digging out a trench to put a drain in front of my garage...... he stopped digging and yelled..... ''what's that?'' I said..... ''probably just a tree root''.........

Underground 220 to my garage........

Here's your sign.......
Overall that little backhoe has saved me time and performed a lot of work. You wouldn't believe some of the things it's accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom