Duck Commander 500 @ Texas: Pre-Race Thread

Nobody gives a crap except 17 year old Gordon fans from Fort Worth.

...and over a million others in the greater Fort Worth area who are tired of being called a different major city.

BTW, not a Gordon fan this week. You did come close on guessing my age, though - only two years off.

I have a friend whose mail box is in Arkansas but his house is in Oklahoma...does that count?

He lives on the border? :confused:

So Westboro is going to picket at TMS Sunday morning because of something Brad K said about being OK with gays...

So Westboro is going to picket at TMS Sunday morning because of something Brad K said about being OK with gays...

No worries; the number of racing fans at TMS will be vastly greater than the number of Westboro idiots.

EDIT: If any Westboro cuckoo gets in my way, I'll tell them to eff themselves.

Last edited:
If they only got small hail, they got lucky. Up in denton proper, the UNT and TWU colleges were slammed with baseball size hail in one storm and ping-pong ball size in a second storm which then generated a tornado about 30 miles east of denton proper.

This photo is NOT photoshopped.

1463531_10151942920332093_1529527098_n.jpg

...and over a million others in the greater Fort Worth area who are tired of being called a different major city.

Yeah, I'm sure they're all just as concerned as you are.

You did come close on guessing my age, though - only two years off.

Now now, Dylan, you aren't fibbing, are you? I pretty clearly remember you saying you were 17 in another thread awhile back.

Yeah, I'm sure they're all just as concerned as you are.

Now now, Dylan, you aren't fibbing, are you? I pretty clearly remember you saying you were 17 in another thread awhile back.

There are over two million people in the Fort Worth metro division. I figured about half don't care as much as I do, but calling Fort Worth "Dallas" is an insult to many of us.

Calling the Fort Worth area "Dallas" would be like calling the Baltimore area "Washington" or the Milwaukee area "Chicago." It's rude and inappropriate.

As for my age, I have grown one year older every year of my life so far. :confused: You must be thinking of a post from two years ago.

Why does the US federal government consider Dallas and Fort Worth to be in the same urban core/metropolitan area while Baltimore, Washington, Milwaukee and Chicago are all their own separate metropolitan areas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

I have already explained why Fort Worth and Dallas share a metro area:

Actually, Baltimore and Washington are very good examples. Their downtowns are 34 miles apart, only 4 more miles apart than D and FW. But the Fort Worth and Dallas metros combined a few decades ago after their suburbs grew into each other, so Fort Worth magically became a suburb in the eyes of many ignorant people. Baltimore and Washington still remain two separate metros, so people still consider them separate cities. If those two metros were to combine, many people would likely see Baltimore as a suburb of Washington.

Since Fort Worth and Dallas share a metro area, is it okay to call Dallas a suburb of Fort Worth? :confused: You seem to think it is okay the other way around.

Seriously people, make your own damn thread for this Fort Worth and Dallas argument.

a young guy shows civic pride in his city......vs metro area.

more young folks should do tha same !

critics should start a podium thread if they disagree !

Last time I checked, there weren't any TV shows about Fort Worth:

And a movie called Fort Worth Buyers Club wasn't up for any Oscars.

So is it closer to Mexico or Canada... perhaps to stop that D v's FW, we just use distance rounding and call either Mexicans or Canadians.

Anyway... what would I know.... our toilets flush backwards.

So is it closer to Mexico or Canada... perhaps to stop that D v's FW, we just use distance rounding and call either Mexicans or Canadians.

Anyway... what would I know.... our toilets flush backwards.
Would somebody from Gold Coast get mad if I called them a suburb of Brisbane?

Would somebody from Gold Coast get mad if I called them a suburb of Brisbane?

Thats funny.... thanks for making my day.

Obviously I was taking the piss with my comment.

Anyway.. I am from the Gold Coast, personally... I dont care... more important things in life... however there would be a number of people who would cringe and be upset with that.

Back to Texas Dallas Fort Worth Motor Speedway, I was there at this race 2 years ago, Biffle won, nearly got caught in a Tornado, had a ball, American hospitality is freeking fantastic. Me non stop talking about it encouraged a buddy go over and watch last year... had a ball.

This year I am going to Phoneix for the Nov race... looking forward to it.

Last time I checked, there weren't any TV shows about Fort Worth:

And a movie called Fort Worth Buyers Club wasn't up for any Oscars.

So every single major city in the entire United States is a suburb of Dallas because they don't have a popular TV series named after them? NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston, Philly, Phoenix, San Antonio, etc. are all suburbs of Dallas? :D :whoopee: That's hilarious.

So every single major city in the entire United States is a suburb of Dallas because they don't have a popular TV series named after them? NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston, Philly, Phoenix, San Antonio, etc. are all suburbs of Dallas? :D :whoopee: That's hilarious.
Well, it's been fun antagonizing you, but I'm Dallas/Fort Worth'ed out.

Glad to be able to defend my city and have it get lots of attention on here. :cool: Hopefully it will be less overlooked in the future by those who have read this thread.

BTW y'all, ESPN will be broadcasting from Downtown Fort Worth for NCAA (and hopefully some NASCAR) coverage tomorrow.

Glad to be able to defend my city and have it get lots of attention on here. :cool: Hopefully it will be less overlooked in the future by those who have read this thread.

BTW y'all, ESPN will be broadcasting from Downtown Fort Worth for NCAA (and hopefully some NASCAR) coverage tomorrow.

betcha fw police are on big drunk / bum round up tonite ! keep them on ice til monday ! ha!
dallas too ! specially arlington also !

Twelve NASCAR Sprint Cup teams, including those of Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards, will be penalized 15 minutes of practice time Friday at Texas Motor Speedway.

The penalties are for being late to qualifying inspection line last weekend at Martinsville

Speedway. The teams penalized are: Kyle Larson, Clint Bowyer, Ryan Newman, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Landon Cassill, Cole Whitt, Michael Annett, Martin Truex Jr., Reed Sorenson, Parker Kligerman, Kenseth and Edwards. Cup teams have 1 hour, 50 minutes of practice Friday, beginning at 6 p.m. ET. The clock on these 15-minute penalties begin when the cars are ready for practice. The penalty for each team doesn’t begin until the car is ready for practice.

The track is TEXAS motor speedway. Not DMS, or FWMS, it's TMS. The track is in Texas. Can we all agree?

It could be worse. Gordon could be running the #2 in support of Johnny Manziel instead of the 24. Let's hope Gordon doesn't get a tire doughnut over the 4. As long as he doesn't race a Clemson car it's all gravy baby.

It's qualifying day at TEXAS. Let's go racing.

D/FW Forecast

Sunday
Cloudy with periods of light rain. High 58F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Sunday Night
Rain showers in the evening, then fog developing overnight. Low 46F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Hourly6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point52 | 4356 | 4757 | 4952 | 47
Wind8 mph East11 mph ENE11 mph NE7 mph North
Humidity72%74%74%84%
Chance of Precip.40%70%90%10%
Cloud Cover84%98%95%73%
ConditionsChance of RainChance of RainRainFog

NASCAR placing onus on teams for tire failures

FORT WORTH, Texas — NASCAR will not regulate tire pressures at Texas Motor Speedway Sunday, and if drivers have tire failures during the race officials believe they won't be able to blame Goodyear.

Hoping to give more control over setups and strategy to race teams, NASCAR is refusing to get involved in monitoring whether teams choose to follow recommendations set each week by Goodyear.

There were multiple tire issues at California two weeks ago, and many drivers tried to blame the product Goodyear brought to the track. NASCAR insisted the issues were self-inflicted and a product of teams going far beyond the air pressure limits recommended by the manufacturer.

With a handful of drivers predicting similar problems this weekend at Texas, NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said each team controls its own fate.

"We want to be open enough to give the teams opportunity to adjust and have different setups out there and be more aggressive or less aggressive whenever they see fit," Pemberton said Thursday. "We want the teams to be able to push the limit, and that's what we expect out of them. If a guy has a tire issue that is self-inflicted and gets out of the car and blames Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co., that's a bad deal. That basically is what some of them tried to do at California."

More than a dozen drivers had tire problems at Auto Club Speedway, where Jimmie Johnson had a flat while leading with seven laps remaining. Clint Bowyer then spun with two laps remaining when his tire went flat, leading to a green-white-checkered finish.

Read the rest here.

....waits for Goodyear's reaction. I hope it doesn't turn in to driver complaints about rock hard tires that don't wear out. If it does, it will be their own fault.

Back
Top Bottom