Fail inspection you lose race

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
Wow....it’s happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great strategy by NASCAR. Go big ball with the rule. Nobody gets nailed. "See, it worked!" Handle it behind closed doors. "Don't bring that back," kind of thing. About time. Everybody looks good.

Hmmm....I want to see if it's applied equally across the top three series. If it is, it'll make crew chiefs think long and hard about their choices. I think it's long overdue. A driver can have an "official" win by cheating. That's where the WWE analogies are spot on. I wonder who'll be the first busted?

This is a great strategy by NASCAR. Go big ball with the rule. Nobody gets nailed. "See, it worked!" Handle it behind closed doors. "Don't bring that back," kind of thing. About time. Everybody looks good.

I don't really understand your way of thinking. If NASCAR wanted to sweep cheating under the rug, they could have kept it quiet up to this point and the sport as a whole would have looked better. Wouldn't it have been "better for the sport" if the world had never known about Rodney's illegal blade? But, no, NASCAR was up front and center with it, so WHY would they suddenly stop being transparent now? A LOT of fans and critics of the sport have LONG pushed for this, going back at least as far as Richard Petty's cheated up Charlotte win in 1983, so FINALLY NASCAR is giving people what they asked for. Why the cynicism? I think they probably would love nothing more than to bust somebody and show they mean business.

You sound new to the sport
You sound like you think NASCAR did this to get new fans.. pretty sure they did it to stop cheating.. funny how no matter what NASCAR announces people automatically go to "but will it bring new fans?"

"Hey man, did you know Martinsville is raising the price of their hot dogs by $0.25"

"But the attendance and ratings at Kentucky were lower than last year! NASCAR is dying!!"

You sound like you think NASCAR did this to get new fans.. pretty sure they did it to stop cheating.. funny how no matter what NASCAR announces people automatically go to "but will it bring new fans?"

"Hey man, did you know Martinsville is raising the price of their hot dogs by $0.25"

"But the attendance and ratings at Kentucky were lower than last year! NASCAR is dying!!"
They’re NEVER going to stop teams from trying to gain an edge on the competition. I hope this bites them in the butt.

More gimmicks.
What's the "gimmick" factor with NASCAR letting all the teams know what's going to happen if they get caught cheating? I see this as an absolute win for NASCAR. If nothing else it boost credibility for NASCAR. Its always looked silly to acknowledge a team won by cheating, "but hey, they can keep the win anyway". This is a step in the right direction. I don't see a "gimmick" here.

..because letting them basically get away with cheating really helped build the fanbase :lol2:

JMO but I don’t think not having this rule in place stopped fans from viewing. I don’t think enacting this rule will cause any new or former fans to start watching. This is just a bone tossed to the current shrinking fan base, IMO.

IMO Nascar is not dying but just becoming much smaller as former revenue streams dry up or slow down. By the time it all shakes out it could become a dynamite little series if managed properly.

So a status quo that NOBODY agreed with is preferable to making a change? To me, what we've had for forty years was a gimmick, THIS gets some things back where they started out in the first place.
It wouldn't matter to some posters no matter what they do, they aren't posting here for that and none of them have any solutions for the most part. But yeah they started out with gimmicks, withheld the winner of the 500, and in the age of no TV the fans going home knowing who the winner is worked, and like the ol U.S. that has thousands of rules on the books that aren't relevant it was time for this one to go.

So a status quo that NOBODY agreed with is preferable to making a change? To me, what we've had for forty years was a gimmick, THIS gets some things back where they started out in the first place.

Who knows what Nascar will or won’t enforce?You are talking about an organization that has played fast and loose with things for years so just to assume they have all of a sudden got religion is unwise.

Seems like Team KyBu sent out their guard bees to protect the hive.

I don't attend their meetings/rallies -- so

What kind of cheating do/did they have planned?

Are they recalculating their risk/reward based on NASCAR's crackdown?

More micromanaging! :bounce:

How exactly? I see this as less micromanaging. 1: have your car right prior to the race, 2: have your car right after the race. Or lose if you're caught cheating. If the post race car matches the pre race car, you should be fine. Will NASCAR make allowances for ride heights and such? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

How exactly? I see this as less micromanaging. 1: have your car right prior to the race, 2: have your car right after the race. Or lose if you're caught cheating. If the post race car matches the pre race car, you should be fine. Will NASCAR make allowances for ride heights and such? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
How many do you think will believe anything Nascar does? They spend most of their waking hours..never mind ya know where this goes. :D

there will be many people wrecking the car in post race celbrating

How is this more micromanagement?

Considering how inspections are now this is a one and done type of deal. Get it right or get DQ'ed. This is as straightforward as its been for a while IMHO. I get where Bobby is coming from, but crowd favorite or not, I expect a lot of hurt feelings in the future.

Fans have been screaming for simplicity, now we finally get it.

Who knows what Nascar will or won’t enforce?You are talking about an organization that has played fast and loose with things for years so just to assume they have all of a sudden got religion is unwise.

First off, if that's your honest opinion about NASCAR, WHY do you waste your time following it? I don't believe a single thing I might see at a WWE event, so I don't spent a single second of my life on it. Second, even if you're right about NASCAR, what is the value for them to changing the rule now, and how would it be any different or worse than what we have now?

How is this more micromanagement?

Considering how inspections are now this is a one and done type of deal. Get it right or get DQ'ed. This is as straightforward as its been for a while IMHO. I get where Bobby is coming from, but crowd favorite or not, I expect a lot of hurt feelings in the future.

Fans have been screaming for simplicity, now we finally get it.
judging by all of the races I have been to where cars are DQ'd for being illegal, and I have been to many and the DQ's are almost non existent one or two a season, about the only crying done if any are the people involved with the illegal car.

Back
Top Bottom