GA$ Prices again...

Here gas is paid for in full before delivery, don't know about other states.

here it depends on how long you been in business and buying from the supplier. one station i worked at could get up to 4 deliveries before she had to pay. another had to paid when it was delivered.

Here gas is paid for in full before delivery, don't know about other states.

Same here, my wife works for a company that services all the pumps,card readers, tank pumps, and registers inside the stores. Gas is paid for in advance, so when they get a delivery on Tuesday, why are they raising the price Thursday and again on Friday? This happens all the time, is nothing new, and seems to be the norm. The worst thing about it is, it will continue to go on as long as OIL rises. Any excuse, pisses me off to no end, but there is nothing I or the general public can do about it.

From what I understand from the local boys they have a account set up by the distributor that they make their cash deposits too but can't withdraw a dime. When they call for gas the money gets transfered out.

Son of a beech, $3.39/9 this afternoon. Roughly 25¢ since last week.

The worst thing about it is, it will continue to go on as long as OIL rises. Any excuse, pisses me off to no end, but there is nothing I or the general public can do about it.
correction, it will continue to go on period. there will always be excuses for oil products to go up. some are just more believable than others. <g>

Went up to 3.19 where I buy at. Most places are 3.25, since last week.

Up another 4 cents again this morning, $3.29. Probably will rise another 5 cents on Monday maybe more, due to the Iraq refinery attack today. That will be a good excuse for a minimum 5 cent hike!:(

Just got back from Frazier Park in the Tejon Pass. Only food and gas stop on the I5 for miles, paid $3.89 for regular unleaded. Shoulda filled up before I left.

Exactly will be? So called experts are saying maybe $3.75 tops this summer, hell it is already $3.30 for regular and $3.79-$3.89 here for diesel. It wouldn't surprise me , depending on the unrest in the Middle East, if the price reaches Close to $3.75 for regular by the first of April!

Exactly will be? So called experts are saying maybe $3.75 tops this summer, hell it is already $3.30 for regular and $3.79-$3.89 here for diesel. It wouldn't surprise me , depending on the unrest in the Middle East, if the price reaches Close to $3.75 for regular by the first of April!

Well up again, another 6 cents, now 3.35 for regular.

I filled up late last week at 3.12 and its now up to 3.35. Oh BTW, you can almost add one more cent to those prices because of the .009 cent added to the big numbers.

Does anyone know why they add that 9/10th of a cent? Some time ago while I was living in Iowa, they enacted a law that had the stations price a gallon of gas to an even cent, eliminating the 9/10th of a cent. But for some reason, I think they later rescinded the law. Most people I know always quote the price of gas less than that 9/10th of a cent.

Buy this car, its priced at under 40 grand. Just $39,999.98 less taxes and prep. :cuckoo:

I filled up late last week at 3.12 and its now up to 3.35. Oh BTW, you can almost add one more cent to those prices because of the .009 cent added to the big numbers.

Does anyone know why they add that 9/10th of a cent? Some time ago while I was living in Iowa, they enacted a law that had the stations price a gallon of gas to an even cent, eliminating the 9/10th of a cent. But for some reason, I think they later rescinded the law. Most people I know always quote the price of gas less than that 9/10th of a cent.

Buy this car, its priced at under 40 grand. Just $39,999.98 less taxes and prep. :cuckoo:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_all_gas_prices_have_nine_tenths_of_a_cent

Last I checked, it was $3.33 for regular here, the county to the south of where I live was 11 cents cheaper. To the north, 15 cents higher....

Correction up to $3.41 this morning, that is a price increase everyday this week.....wtf!

Supply disruption. Libya's oil is light sweet, Saudi is replacing it (likely from stockpiles) with heavy sour which much of Europe can't refine, causing a bottleneck.

Back
Top Bottom