Gordon's Statement during the 600 is too telling

Suspicions confirmed. Waiting for @StandOnIt to post the obvious parity from the Practice Times, and for @cheesepuffs to tell me that Toyota needs to spend more money on developing the Camry ignoring the freeze which existence he denies to become competitive. Complicated. I will still watch because I always do clinging to the hope of a miracle when can happen when you remember the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey Team. I love this sport, and all of its imperfections.
poor Rev cry us a river
Ford - 4 wins
Chevy - 5 wins
Toyota - 5 wins

Suspicions confirmed. Waiting for @StandOnIt to post the obvious parity from the Practice Times, and for @cheesepuffs to tell me that Toyota needs to spend more money on developing the Camry ignoring the freeze which existence he denies to become competitive. Complicated. I will still watch because I always do clinging to the hope of a miracle when can happen when you remember the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey Team. I love this sport, and all of its imperfections.
Miracle?! Are you saying a Toyota win this weekend will take a *miracle*?!

Your victim complex is ****** insane.

Nobody is benefiting or being disadvantaged from it more than anyone else.
That's BS. If you have the newest car specifically designed for this rules package, and you stop development, the team with the newest car has the advantage.

BTW....the dude was hoping that priorities were elsewhere, but as it turned out, I was too optimistic unfortunately.

+1 on the not being a bad person, fan, or forum member.....Replies should reflect that, but this is not always the case. You should see my DM's. Unreal.

Miracle?! Are you saying a Toyota win this weekend will take a *miracle*?!

Your victim complex is ****** insane.
Based on performance, absolutely.....but racing happens from time to time, so there is always hope....and WE have KFB.

When Toyota was winning everything in sight, did you assert the same ****** victim complex when my boy @StandOnIt was going off on cheating, parity, and blah, blah, blah. Probably not. I don't think Chevy is cheating. They don't need to.

Mark down today as the day I learned that if Toyota isn't winning 30 races a year that they are disadvantaged and need concessions from NASCAR to right a wrong.
How long are you going to ignore that Chevy was granted a whole new car for one season when cost savings had become a priority? Mark down today when sand met your head...and your head got buried.

That's BS. If you have the newest car specifically designed for this rules package, and you stop development, the team with the newest car has the advantage.
The freeze wasn’t a surprise, if manufacturers wanted to have an expenditure before the freeze they all had the same opportunity. Theres no way to know who put how much into the 2021 season, but everyone had the same opportunity to gain an advantage. Every team put their best people on the job and right now, it’s paying off for Chevrolet. Come fall, it could be Ford or Toyota. Claiming someone was given more of an advantage over another is pure speculation and not based in fact.

How long are you going to ignore that Chevy was granted a whole new car for one season when cost savings had become a priority? Mark down today when sand met your head...and your head got buried.
How is 2020 and 2021 one season to you? They do not have an all-new car for 2021.

Based on performance, absolutely.....but racing happens from time to time, so there is always hope....and WE have KFB.

When Toyota was winning everything in sight, did you assert the same ****** victim complex when my boy @StandOnIt was going off on cheating, parity, and blah, blah, blah. Probably not. I don't think Chevy is cheating. They don't need to.
Again with the strawman arguments and moving of the goalposts. What I'm posting here has nothing to do with prior conversations you apparently had with @StandOnIt and I'm not privy to what those conversations were.

How long are you going to ignore that Chevy was granted a whole new car for one season when cost savings had become a priority?
Again, just because NASCAR says that cost savings is a priority, doesnt mean that Chevy was granted some kind of advantage. They spent money on improving their performance. Toyota and Ford had the exact same opportunity and made different decisions.

Not a single rational person is going to look back at 2021 if Chevy wins the championship and say, “thats an asterisk championship because they allocated their budgets better than Toyota or Ford.”

You are acting like the high that Chevy is on right now (and honestly its not even Chevy, it’s HMS and RCR) is written in stone to last through November. Bragging rights only lasts for 6 days.

Again, just because NASCAR says that cost savings is a priority, doesnt mean that Chevy was granted some kind of advantage. They spent money on improving their performance. Toyota and Ford had the exact same opportunity and made different decisions.

Not a single rational person is going to look back at 2021 if Chevy wins the championship and say, “thats an asterisk championship because they allocated their budgets better than Toyota or Ford.”

You are acting like the high that Chevy is on right now (and honestly its not even Chevy, it’s HMS and RCR) is written in stone to last through November. Bragging rights only lasts for 6 days.
Nah man, TRD Toyotas are bein' persecuted out there.

Again with the strawman arguments and moving of the goalposts. What I'm posting here has nothing to do with prior conversations you apparently had with @StandOnIt and I'm not privy to what those conversations were.
neither am I. They seem to change to suit a lot of the times. It's whiney Rev this year. Boasting Rev in 19. Not a word of them running the ringer KDB in Xfinity and the Trucks puffing up their manufacturer standings.

Are you not able to see that when you have a car designed for a specific package isn't about money? NASCAR has limited wind tunnel testing, and there is a parts freeze. While everybody else must remain stationary, Chevy has the piece build for this racing. Why? Because the piece that had them on the level playing field was an embarrassment to the brand. Without the snarky ****, can you truly not see how this is an advantage for Chevy that cannot be offset by money spent? Toyota and Ford were not given the same opportunity. Chevy allocated their budgets better....Come on man! It is a Chevy high. They are all fast. Come on man! You are killing me here.

neither am I. They seem to change to suit a lot of the times. It's whiney Rev this year. Boasting Rev in 19. Not a word of them running the ringer KDB in Xfinity and the Trucks puffing up their manufacturer standings.
Laughable.

For every whine, you scream parity. For every boast, you scream cheating. What's the difference man? You aren't more objective than me. I am good with that. Like I have said, biased statements shrouded in assertion of fact are what get stupid.

You always will have three or four guys here that eat the Nuggies with you. The rest probably get bored, and wait for it to end. Me too. Appreciate the exchanges today for the most part. Enjoy the races. I still believe in MY Toyotas, and I hope Jay Fabian is in a ****** mood tomorrow.

yeah they were handed Fugle and Larson
Well, nobody else would touch Larson.....so.....ya know.....kind of.....Either the Ex-Con sees potential or his ethics are a little different than others. You make the call....never mind. I already know.

For every whine, you scream parity. For every boast, you scream cheating. What's the difference man? You aren't more objective than me. I am good with that. Like I have said, biased statements shrouded in assertion of fact are what get stupid.

You always will have three or four guys here that eat the Nuggies with you. The rest probably get bored, and wait for it to end. Me too. Appreciate the exchanges today for the most part. Enjoy the races. I still believe in MY Toyotas, and I hope Jay Fabian is in a ****** mood tomorrow.
What on Earth does this "chicken nuggies" thing mean with you?

Well, nobody else would touch Larson.....so.....ya know.....kind of.....Either the Ex-Con sees potential or his ethics are a little different than others. You make the call....never mind. I already know.
Hendrick sees potential in Larson OR what?

Even after his situation Larson was still by far the hottest driver on the free agent market, and thinking anything else is completely out of touch with reality.

Somehow people pointing out the facts equates to chicken nuggies :idunno:
Is that an old term on here that I just somehow missed before, or did that just start today? I have no idea what that's supposed to mean or if it's some type of inside joke or what.

I'm thinking it has to do with Mr. H and his legal troubles from...ya know...25 years ago...

Reading through this made me decide I think I might have Chicken Nuggets for lunch today. Also Rick stopped investing in Corvettes to sign Kyle Larson. No conspiracy, just that Rick decided to start focusing on HMS again

I'm thinking it has to do with Mr. H and his legal troubles from...ya know...25 years ago...

More like 40 years ago. He just wasn't charged until the mid 90's, and he was pardoned, which was the reference in Dive's post that went over your head :biggrin:

Like many dealers in the 80's, Rick paid Honda executives for extra shipments of cars, which was illegal. Big deal. Calling him an "ex-con" is a low blow, and a Gibbs fan questioning his ethics is quite ironic.

The hood (and the entire car) this year is exactly the same as last year. Your buddy is full of it.

nascar-cup-phoenix-ii-2020-cha-2.jpg

2021-Daytona-I-Cup-Chase-Elliott-Car-NKP.jpg
Nope...will bet you a dollar to donuts they are not the same, NASCAR even says that

Again, just because NASCAR says that cost savings is a priority, doesn't mean that Chevy was granted some kind of advantage. They spent money on improving their performance. Toyota and Ford had the exact same opportunity and made different decisions.

You are acting like the high that Chevy is on right now (and honestly its not even Chevy, it’s HMS and RCR) is written in stone to last through November. Bragging rights only lasts for 6 days

Back to the original post line, Gordon publicly contended that they did. That NASCAR gave Chevy a bone after having their butts kicked by Toyota and Ford...those were Gordon's words. Is it anecdotal, most certainly, is there a difference in how the Chevy runs on the intermediate high down force tracks? Most assuredly...

Was Chevy the only brand that submitted change requests since last year? I do not know. What I do know is that NASCAR implied last season that it would not accept any changes for this year so the smaller teams could use their stuff up. does not appear they held to that though.

The only change I am aware of is a well publicized rounding of the nose of the Camaro because the pointed nose was a safety hazard at plate races because it was almost impossible to push another car without turning them sideways. Changes like this as I have heard have to be approved by all of the other OEM's.
You guys can talk about hoods, mudflaps, whatever. I haven't seen nothing that looks changed to me except a bit of a rounded hood. :idunno:

Back
Top Bottom