Hendrick Motorsport News

I think that my boy @StandOnIt asks for receipts....but I won't bother. You imply that WE were begging. WE don't need to.

Jimmie should expect more because he is Jimmie ****** Johnson who has won 7 more titles that his former owner. Yeah, open up the vault. Toyota did for Denny, and watch them do it for Jimmie as well. They screwed him, and it is surprising.
The yoders put out the word they were looking to expand ...and this is what they came up with. Oh well, Petty will be able to say that they have been with all of the current OEM's.

I think that my boy @StandOnIt asks for receipts....but I won't bother. You imply that WE were begging. WE don't need to.

Jimmie should expect more because he is Jimmie ****** Johnson who has won 7 more titles that his former owner. Yeah, open up the vault. Toyota did for Denny, and watch them do it for Jimmie as well. They screwed him, and it is surprising.
Quite a bit different scenario. When Toyota "opened up" for Denny, they didn't have any other competitive teams than JGR. Chevy has THREE teams better than Legacy. Also, there was the Michael Jordan/Bubba Wallace factor. Do YOU want to be the executive that says no to that? One, bad business move, two, a LOT of people asking uncomfortable questions. Plus, Denny is an active Toyota driver, and at the top of the food chain. What happens if Toyota says no? Does Denny pick up his toys and go elsewhere? Jimmie's situation is quite different.

Quite a bit different scenario. When Toyota "opened up" for Denny, they didn't have any other competitive teams than JGR. Chevy has THREE teams better than Legacy. Also, there was the Michael Jordan/Bubba Wallace factor. Do YOU want to be the executive that says no to that? One, bad business move, two, a LOT of people asking uncomfortable questions. Plus, Denny is an active Toyota driver, and at the top of the food chain. What happens if Toyota says no? Does Denny pick up his toys and go elsewhere? Jimmie's situation is quite different.
Why not have four teams that are getting the same stuff? That is the idea behind the Next Gen right? So Denny drives a Toyota, and he got what he needed....and Seven Time drove a Chevy...won seven championships, and didn't get ****? Doesn't make sense does it? ....and I am not sure what you mean by the MJ/Bubba factor, but I think I do, and that's a bull**** assertion that calls into question the integrity of MY Toyotas. Stop that. I don't think it would have taken equal treatment to The Felon to keep Jimmie happy. This is a bad look for Chevy.

Why not have four teams that are getting the same stuff? That is the idea behind the Next Gen right? So Denny drives a Toyota, and he got what he needed....and Seven Time drove a Chevy...won seven championships, and didn't get ****? Doesn't make sense does it? ....and I am not sure what you mean by the MJ/Bubba factor, but I think I do, and that's a bull**** assertion that calls into question the integrity of MY Toyotas. Stop that. I don't think it would have taken equal treatment to The Felon to keep Jimmie happy. This is a bad look for Chevy.
Why did Toyota go on forever with only ONE team getting the best stuff? Could it be that until MJ came along, nobody else connected or wanted to be connected to Toyota had enough cash behind them to make it a wise investment? You ask why Chevy doesn't have four equal teams, well why not five or seven or twelve? Why not give Spire millions of dollars too? I find it hilarious that you trash Chevy's commitment, when they have supported far more cars for a much longer period of time. I'll tell you EXACTLY what I mean about the MJ/ Bubba deal. How would it look for Toyota if an extremely wealthy person of color, who also happens to be a cultural icon, and his chosen driver, also a person of color were told no, we have no interest in supporting your team? Toyota would have been foolish to NOT wanting to do it, but even if they didn't, the optics would have been pretty bad. Maybe Jimmie should have gotten his Chevy backing all lined up BEFORE he bought into Petty/GMS. My guess is that Toyota, who is in an expansive mood, offered a better deal than it would have made ANY sense for Chevy to offer. Once again, it might be different if Jimmie was still a competitive full time driver like Denny, but he's an uncompetitive part timer on a dog of a team, and the amount of value he can bring to Chevy now is minimal. I'm perfectly fine with your Toyota fandom, but take the rose colored glasses off long enough to see the world is not as simple as Toyota is infallible and Chevy/Rick Hendrick sucks. There's many more layers to it. Don't EVER allow fandom to get in the way of critical analysis and objective reasoning.

I'm perfectly fine with your Toyota fandom, but take the rose colored glasses off long enough to see the world is not as simple as Toyota is infallible and Chevy/Rick Hendrick sucks. There's many more layers to it. Don't EVER allow fandom to get in the way of critical analysis and objective reasoning.

You are wasting your breath. I don't think @Revman actually believes half of the nonsense he's always spouting. All in good fun though; he's just doing his typical Rev shtick. Don't take the bait.

You are wasting your breath. I don't think @Revman actually believes half of the nonsense he's always spouting. All in good fun though; he's just doing his typical Rev shtick. Don't take the bait.
I just consider it good practice dealing with irrational sports fans. I had a Great Aunt that always had 100 ready to fire excuses for why the Cubs were so bad. They would lose 9-2, and she would be bitching about a 2 and 1 strike call in the third inning.

I do...and I don't bait nor do I troll.

I just consider it good practice dealing with irrational sports fans. I had a Great Aunt that always had 100 ready to fire excuses for why the Cubs were so bad. They would lose 9-2, and she would be bitching about a 2 and 1 strike call in the third inning.
What in the hell is wrong with irrational sports fans? You know what you are getting with me and you knew what you were getting with your Aunt....but here you are.

Why did Toyota go on forever with only ONE team getting the best stuff? Could it be that until MJ came along, nobody else connected or wanted to be connected to Toyota had enough cash behind them to make it a wise investment? You ask why Chevy doesn't have four equal teams, well why not five or seven or twelve? Why not give Spire millions of dollars too? I find it hilarious that you trash Chevy's commitment, when they have supported far more cars for a much longer period of time. I'll tell you EXACTLY what I mean about the MJ/ Bubba deal. How would it look for Toyota if an extremely wealthy person of color, who also happens to be a cultural icon, and his chosen driver, also a person of color were told no, we have no interest in supporting your team? Toyota would have been foolish to NOT wanting to do it, but even if they didn't, the optics would have been pretty bad. Maybe Jimmie should have gotten his Chevy backing all lined up BEFORE he bought into Petty/GMS. My guess is that Toyota, who is in an expansive mood, offered a better deal than it would have made ANY sense for Chevy to offer. Once again, it might be different if Jimmie was still a competitive full time driver like Denny, but he's an uncompetitive part timer on a dog of a team, and the amount of value he can bring to Chevy now is minimal. I'm perfectly fine with your Toyota fandom, but take the rose colored glasses off long enough to see the world is not as simple as Toyota is infallible and Chevy/Rick Hendrick sucks. There's many more layers to it. Don't EVER allow fandom to get in the way of critical analysis and objective reasoning.
Uh....Furniture Row won a championship with US. Always forgetting that in the sea of Barney got screwed BS.

WE did the deal with 23XI because of everything that organization is. You talk like WE were passively pushed into it. That is delusional. You are walking a line here. Be careful.

Jimmie is a huge part of Chevy history, and an absolute asset for the brand. They screwed him.

I don't care if you approve of my Toyota fandom.....and please don't tell me how to view the sport. I am good. Your pontification does not impress me. You whatever colored glasses are just as myopic as mine.

I enjoy this sport immensely. The joy of watching Martin win in Sonoma is indescribable. If that is because I am irrational. I am good with it.

What in the hell is wrong with irrational sports fans? You know what you are getting with me and you knew what you were getting with your Aunt....but here you are.

I don't know man - sports fans are often the most critical of the teams that they follow. I've seen so many fans that trash their team at the slightest hint of adversity.

Uh....Furniture Row won a championship with US. Always forgetting that in the sea of Barney got screwed BS.

WE did the deal with 23XI because of everything that organization is. You talk like WE were passively pushed into it. That is delusional. You are walking a line here. Be careful.

Jimmie is a huge part of Chevy history, and an absolute asset for the brand. They screwed him.

I don't care if you approve of my Toyota fandom.....and please don't tell me how to view the sport. I am good. Your pontification does not impress me. You whatever colored glasses are just as myopic as mine.

I enjoy this sport immensely. The joy of watching Martin win in Sonoma is indescribable. If that is because I am irrational. I am good with it.

Yes, Toyota won a title with FRR, and other than a couple years where MWR wasn't completely terrible, it's the ONLY time Toyota has fielded two competitive teams, and look what happened to it. It got swallowed up by the mothership.

I didn't SAY Toyota was pushed into 23XI, I said it would have been nearly impossible for them to say no and not look like Grinch who stole Christmas.

You have NO IDEA whether Chevy screwed Jimmie, because you have NO IDEA what the conversation (if there even was one) was between Legacy and Chevy.

I have no issue with your Toyota fandom, EXCEPT when it clouds your judgement to the point of silliness.

Sorry, but I see no value in being irrational, fandom or not. I don't need to drink the Kool Aid to enjoy auto racing or any other sport. It's the same reason I quit drinking and don't do drugs. I value clear headed rational thinking too much.

I don't know man - sports fans are often the most critical of the teams that they follow. I've seen so many fans that trash their team at the slightest hint of adversity.

I would agree that sometimes fans can be TOO critical, but what's wrong with critical thinking and objectivity when it comes to sports? It's an established fact that between 2017-2019 Hendrick Motorsports BADLY underachieved. Why try to deny it or make excuses for it just because I'm a fan of the team? I see absolutely no reason for it, or value in it.

Yes, Toyota won a title with FRR, and other than a couple years where MWR wasn't completely terrible, it's the ONLY time Toyota has fielded two competitive teams, and look what happened to it. It got swallowed up by the mothership.

I didn't SAY Toyota was pushed into 23XI, I said it would have been nearly impossible for them to say no and not look like Grinch who stole Christmas.

You have NO IDEA whether Chevy screwed Jimmie, because you have NO IDEA what the conversation (if there even was one) was between Legacy and Chevy.

I have no issue with your Toyota fandom, EXCEPT when it clouds your judgement to the point of silliness.

Sorry, but I see no value in being irrational, fandom or not. I don't need to drink the Kool Aid to enjoy auto racing or any other sport. It's the same reason I quit drinking and don't do drugs. I value clear headed rational thinking too much.
Yeah, you and I see this differently obviously. I have to be rational and objective when I am making a living....I come to NASCAR for an escape.

Nobody got eaten by the mothership.....and if they did, what's the difference between that, and being manipulated by the mothership? No much.

Jimmie got screwed. He is legend.

I do...and I don't bait nor do I troll.

Yeah, you and I see this differently obviously. I have to be rational and objective when I am making a living....I come to NASCAR for an escape.

Nobody got eaten by the mothership.....and if they did, what's the difference between that, and being manipulated by the mothership? No much.

And front row didn't get screwed?

Jimmie or not, the Chevy camp is already too crowded. There's no room at the inn. When TRD did the deal with 23XI, Toyota was desperate because they had JGR and that's it. Plus they could see writing on the wall that JGR didn't have a great succession plan in place which I believe is why we're seeing moves made now. They had to get some more horses in the barn, so they essentially had some colts from their thoroughbred so to speak. Not criticizing, actually smart move. 23XI will be 4 cars before you know it and the TRD flagship I'd wager. JGR needs to pray they're not entering the Roush Fenway period of existence.

I spend my time trying to enjoy and or improve my reality, not escape it.

popcorn-muncher.gif

I would agree that sometimes fans can be TOO critical, but what's wrong with critical thinking and objectivity when it comes to sports? It's an established fact that between 2017-2019 Hendrick Motorsports BADLY underachieved. Why try to deny it or make excuses for it just because I'm a fan of the team? I see absolutely no reason for it, or value in it.

There are Patriots fans who are calling for Bill Belichick’s firing. There’s critical thinking and there’s critical stupidity.

There are Patriots fans who are calling for Bill Belichick’s firing. There’s critical thinking and there’s critical stupidity.
He's pretty much earned the right to stay in New England as long as he wants, but I DO think he needs to change his approach a little bit. Without TB, you can't just throw a bunch of warm bodies out there and go to Super Bowls. Sometimes I think he thinks he can just will a team to success regardless what the roster looks like.

He's pretty much earned the right to stay in New England as long as he wants, but I DO think he needs to change his approach a little bit. Without TB, you can't just throw a bunch of warm bodies out there and go to Super Bowls. Sometimes I think he thinks he can just will a team to success regardless what the roster looks like.

Bill has definitely bought into his own hype. He has forgotten that he and Brady were a partnership. Brady was the anchor and Bill consistently did a good job of surrounding him with the pieces needed for 6 championships.

Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers, and all but the last two years of John Elway prove that an elite QB doesn’t guarantee success. Bill and Tom wouldn’t have six rings without the other. Point blank.

The Patriots should have sold Brady a share of the team or whatever it would have taken to get him back in the franchise as an advisor. Letting him buy into the Raiders was a mistake.

The New England Patriots are Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.

</rant>

Doesn't look that way to me. Looks like it was his decision along with his partners.

“I’d have to say probably not with Jimmie driving Toyota [next year],” said Knaus. “I think his time in the Chevrolet may be about over with.
He’s jumped over to the Toyota crowd, so we’d have to assume that he probably wouldn’t a drive GM [car]. But who knows? You never know.”

Doesn't look that way to me. Looks like it was his decision along with his partners.

“I’d have to say probably not with Jimmie driving Toyota [next year],” said Knaus. “I think his time in the Chevrolet may be about over with.
He’s jumped over to the Toyota crowd, so we’d have to assume that he probably wouldn’t a drive GM [car]. But who knows? You never know.”

...but Honda was okay. Chadly sounds pissy....Jeffy can't be far behind.

Jimmie or not, the Chevy camp is already too crowded. There's no room at the inn. When TRD did the deal with 23XI, Toyota was desperate because they had JGR and that's it. Plus they could see writing on the wall that JGR didn't have a great succession plan in place which I believe is why we're seeing moves made now. They had to get some more horses in the barn, so they essentially had some colts from their thoroughbred so to speak. Not criticizing, actually smart move. 23XI will be 4 cars before you know it and the TRD flagship I'd wager. JGR needs to pray they're not entering the Roush Fenway period of existence.
At the time WE signed 23XI, a succession plan was in place. That didn't blow up until November. WE were fine with our numbers. What changed everything was the Next Gen. Leveled the playing field, so WE needed more horses. Not sure about JGR bowing out, and 23XI stepping up, but that might be a direction.

Nobody forced Chevy to take on all of its teams. They could have made room, but didn't. Justin Marks made a huge mistake not signing with US. He will lick The Felon's pan drippings for the rest of his career....and like it. Super excited to see Jimmie stick it to The Felon and his dancing girls.

...but Honda was okay. Chadly sounds pissy....Jeffy can't be far behind.
Unless a person is dumb as a stump they aren't happy Jimmie and his bunch decided to become competitors instead of staying as part of the Chevy group. But some like to continue to spin the victum yarn. Of course that fairy tale comes in handy if they fall flat on their faces with the rice burners. Uh waa Chevy made him go, the yotas out of the kindness of their hearts took poor Jimmie in.

Unless a person is dumb as a stump they aren't happy Jimmie and his bunch decided to become competitors instead of staying as part of the Chevy group. But some like to continue to spin the victum yarn. Of course that fairy tale comes in handy if they fall flat on their faces with the rice burners. Uh waa Chevy made him go, the yotas out of the kindness of their hearts took poor Jimmie in.
Why aren't you screeching about family? Hell, The Felon didn't just make performance cost prohibitive, he bolted the ****** door shut.

Why aren't you screeching about family? Hell, The Felon didn't just make performance cost prohibitive, he bolted the ****** door shut.
I understand you have felon on the brain, but Legacy was never affiliated with Hendrick Motorsports..So more of the conspiracy theory fairy telling nonsense debunked. Get a grip.

Receipt:
1687405911635.png

At the time WE signed 23XI, a succession plan was in place. That didn't blow up until November. WE were fine with our numbers. What changed everything was the Next Gen. Leveled the playing field, so WE needed more horses. Not sure about JGR bowing out, and 23XI stepping up, but that might be a direction.

Nobody forced Chevy to take on all of its teams. They could have made room, but didn't. Justin Marks made a huge mistake not signing with US. He will lick The Felon's pan drippings for the rest of his career....and like it. Super excited to see Jimmie stick it to The Felon and his dancing girls.
Do you know for a FACT that Toyota was ever even INTERESTED in signing Trackhouse? You also seem to forget that what is now Legacy was a johnny come lately to the Chevy fold. Most of the other Chevy teams were in the fold before RPM, who have been aligned with EVERYBODY at some point came begging to the Chevy table. Would it have been fair for Chevy to bump Legacy farther up the food chain ahead of other long time partners just because Jimmie all the sudden decided to buy a minority stake in the operation?

I understand you have felon on the brain, but Legacy was never affiliated with Hendrick Motorsports..So more of the conspiracy theory fairy telling nonsense debunked. Get a grip.

Receipt:
View attachment 71269
I have never said that Legacy was affiliated with The Chain Gang. Ever.....but Trackhouse isn't either, and The Felon took it upon himself to bring Marks to his knees. This is the Chevy culture. You know...family....as you say.

Do you know for a FACT that Toyota was ever even INTERESTED in signing Trackhouse? You also seem to forget that what is now Legacy was a johnny come lately to the Chevy fold. Most of the other Chevy teams were in the fold before RPM, who have been aligned with EVERYBODY at some point came begging to the Chevy table. Would it have been fair for Chevy to bump Legacy farther up the food chain ahead of other long time partners just because Jimmie all the sudden decided to buy a minority stake in the operation?
"Fair" isn't part of the Chevy culture. What the Felon wants, the Felon gets. Don't like it? Find another OEM. David Wilson stated in his presser that Jimmie called him, but either you or @StandOnIt (your posts start to bleed together for obvious reasons) tried to debunk that....so facts really aren't what you are looking for....you have your narrative.

.....to answer your question.....yeah, it would have been fair. This is Jimmie ****** Johnson. Given this fairness narrative....Is it fair that Trackhouse will never be anything more than #3? Is it fair that the currency is IP--and that it is withheld from #2 and #3? It doesn't take anything for Chevy to spread their preferences around really....just release the information....but The Felon doesn't like that. He has to have the advantage--special louvers and greenhouses....which really isn't different from raising the price of the affiliation---you know what has been alleged with JGR and Furniture Row---let's talk about facts there shall we?

I have never said that Legacy was affiliated with The Chain Gang. Ever.....but Trackhouse isn't either, and The Felon took it upon himself to bring Marks to his knees. This is the Chevy culture. You know...family....as you say.
Boy are you REALLY milking this Chastain thing for all it's worth. So Rick Hendrick told Justin Marks to tell Ross to stop wrecking Rick's racecars. Big hairy deal. You think things like this don't and haven't happened all the time? Chevy's goal to is have CHEVY's finish races and as far up as possible. Chevy's wrecking other Chevy's is counter to that strategy. Ross just needed reminding of that. He can continue to Wreck Denny Hamlin any time he sees fit. :)

"Fair" isn't part of the Chevy culture. What the Felon wants, the Felon gets. Don't like it? Find another OEM. David Wilson stated in his presser that Jimmie called him, but either you or @StandOnIt (your posts start to bleed together for obvious reasons) tried to debunk that....so facts really aren't what you are looking for....you have your narrative.

.....to answer your question.....yeah, it would have been fair. This is Jimmie ****** Johnson. Given this fairness narrative....Is it fair that Trackhouse will never be anything more than #3? Is it fair that the currency is IP--and that it is withheld from #2 and #3? It doesn't take anything for Chevy to spread their preferences around really....just release the information....but The Felon doesn't like that. He has to have the advantage--special louvers and greenhouses....which really isn't different from raising the price of the affiliation---you know what has been alleged with JGR and Furniture Row---let's talk about facts there shall we?
So you think that Trackhouse, with their grand total of 3 Cup wins should suddenly be elevated to the level of RCR, which has been carrying the Chevy flag in NASCAR since 1969, and HMS, which has been doing it since 1984, and which combined have 21 Cup titles and almost 320 Cup wins?

So you think that Trackhouse, with their grand total of 3 Cup wins should suddenly be elevated to the level of RCR, which has been carrying the Chevy flag in NASCAR since 1969, and HMS, which has been doing it since 1984, and which combined have 21 Cup titles and almost 320 Cup wins?
What is the point of the Next Gen if this is not the case? ....and while we are at it, could you explain to me why RCR--who has been there since 1969--is licking The Felon's plate who has been there since 1984? That's fair? T

I've been listening to "The Preacher" as OUR favored son for a long time.....and this has been going on at Chevy forever. You know....family.

I've been trying to figure out the point of the new car since it was first announced. Your interpretation of RCR's position with Chevy is purely speculative. I don't hear anybody over there complaining, and ECR, not HMS has been a key supplier for many GM backed racing efforts. Your use of the word "fair" is curious too. Who says ANYTHING has to be fair with the way Chevy allocates their resources? The Next Gen car MAY make it easier to close the gap between teams, but I don't recall anybody announcing a policy that ANY manufacturers were going to treat ALL their teams the same. JTG snd Spire have been farther down the food chain at Chevy with new car, just as they were with the old car. Does not 23XI go to JGR for engineering, not the other way around? Do you REALLY think that Legacy is going to get EVERYTHING that JGR gets? If you do, I've got some beachfront property in North Dakota to sell you.

So petty has no ownership in legacy?
Nope, he sold his remaining portion at or around the time Jimmie came onboard. He's just a hired PR guy now, which begs the question, "why isn't he on NASCAR's payroll being a goodwill ambassador?

So petty has no ownership in legacy?
Gallagher bought out Petty

In its SEC filing Thursday morning, Medallion Corp., revealed that GMS Racing owner Maury Gallagher paid $19.1 million for majority interest in Richard Petty Motorsports.

RPM and Gallagher announced Wednesday that Gallagher had purchased majority interest in the team from Medallion Corp. and that it included RPM’s two charters. One of those two charters had been leased to Rick Ware Racing this past season.

Back
Top Bottom