How will NASCAR enforce this?

The interesting part is seeing how Nascar handles it. They were pretty hard on denting the right side of the car, lenient on the left hand bendable skirts (fixed it this year..so far) really tough on Larson and Elliott on the rear deck. The roof?

The interesting part is seeing how Nascar handles it. They were pretty hard on denting the right side of the car, lenient on the left hand bendable skirts (fixed it this year..so far) really tough on Larson and Elliott on the rear deck. The roof?

Man, that reads like you are writing about the guy who won the race.:rolleyes:

Trip down memory lane.
Bumpergate1982 Daytona 500 (February 14, 1982)
On lap 3, Bobby Allison was tapped slightly by Cale Yarborough, and his rear bumper fell off. The debris caused a crash, and took out three cars. Prior to the race, Allison's DiGard crew, led by Gary Nelson, had apparently discovered that the Buick Regal drove faster and handled better without the bumper assembly. On Saturday, Allison missed the final practice, as the team was supposedly repairing the rear of the car. It was claimed that the crew attached the bumper loosely, hoping it would fall off if he was touched by another car. Allison led 147 laps, and won by over 22 seconds. NASCAR issued no penalty. Allison and the crew deny the allegations.

From what I understand, the control is hooked up to the track-bar adjuster. KH pushes the super secret track bar adjustment override button, labeled SSTBAOB. It's a really big button. After the SSTBAOB button is pressed the track bar adjustment button then controls the Roof Concavement Feature. Simple.

I'm trying to avoid getting to technical.

That's exactly what I suspected all along.

It was a broken brace that had no direct effect on how the car ran. He whipped their ass in Atlanta with a brace that didnt break. Its nothing.

"It's nothing"?..Gotta be something extraordinarily way outside of the box, cheated up, never heard of nor seen before, spawned by the ghost of Smokey. I mean, this group here has filled seven pages of explanations! As Barney Fife would say "It's big Andy, it's really big"!!!

I recall The King showing up at Daytona in 68 with a vinyl top on his Roadrunner. The Pettys were concerned about some other issues with the car that may have been a little questionable. So they hoped the vinyl top would take attention away from other things. If I recall correctly, Lee thought the dimples in the top would make the car go faster, I could well be wrong.

I mean, this group here has filled seven pages of explanations!

Well, nobody is still claiming that it didn't happen at all and that it's a doctored photo or the sun did it, so we have gotten somewhere over those pages. Though the thing that didn't happen at all quickly became so obvious and blatant that it couldn't have been anything but a Freaky accident. So it can be confusing.

Nascar is reactive on most car things, nobody knows what they will come up with next. To me Childers and Harvick would have to have a pair of brass ones to think they could get by with what happened, that is why I am going with it being a mistake.

A team hits the setup and unloads good at a couple of races and suddenly he’s gotta be cheating.
Somehow they’ve figured out how to alter the thickness of the roof panel mid-race...and then back again after the checkered flag. The same secret process allows the rear window to transform from Lexan to cellophane and back again.
These guys are clearly on to something.

Trip down memory lane.
Bumpergate1982 Daytona 500 (February 14, 1982)
On lap 3, Bobby Allison was tapped slightly by Cale Yarborough, and his rear bumper fell off. The debris caused a crash, and took out three cars. Prior to the race, Allison's DiGard crew, led by Gary Nelson, had apparently discovered that the Buick Regal drove faster and handled better without the bumper assembly. On Saturday, Allison missed the final practice, as the team was supposedly repairing the rear of the car. It was claimed that the crew attached the bumper loosely, hoping it would fall off if he was touched by another car. Allison led 147 laps, and won by over 22 seconds. NASCAR issued no penalty. Allison and the crew deny the allegations.
NASCAR Tech inspector Bill Gazaway made the 88 move its bumper, they didnt do it on their own.

Question here? What happened to the pictures of the SIDES of the 4car? Seems all the speech lately has been about only the window area of the car. Has someone found all the side pictures to be shopped?
Betsy

So the metal roof bent then straightened itself back out. Gotcha
Yes. I guess you also missed the video in the ATL victory lane where harvick pushed the roof down to stand up on the door, and the roof flexed and bounced right back.

From the pictures I saw if it flexed that much you could run your hand over it and it would be out of shape. It would not take original form. You cant see it from a tv shot
Apparently it can. And yes the flexing is visible from the TV coverage. Go back through the thread to find the links.

If you insist on putting it in those terms, then it appears yes, essentially. It didn't "straighten itself back out", it only flexed / bent when at speed due to the increased air pressure.

I don't see it being present during the victory celebration, but now I'm starting to think my eyes are playing tricks on me and questioning my sanity. I'll let others sort it out for a while.

Pl0fzuT.jpg
Not under load.

Screw it..

Basically, we had a rear window brace fail and NASCAR mandates that we run a certain T-bar in the back glass and that T-bar is actually pretty strong,’’ Childers said. “Then also over the winter they wanted the rear package to raise the bottom of the rear glass to be really stiff and stay controlled — there were some guys that were having their rear package trays falling an inch at the end the year last year.

We’re going to learn from this,’’ Childers told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. “It’s not something that we wanted to happen. You definitely don’t want the back of the roof sharp. You want the back of the roof round and you want that to be a smooth transition. I think that everybody thinks that it helps. I would suggest that it probably didn’t help.

More here..

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/03...-what-happened-to-kevin-harvicks-rear-window/

Has anyone posted Childers response yet? Don't want to be repetitive lol
Yes.

Screw it..

Basically, we had a rear window brace fail and NASCAR mandates that we run a certain T-bar in the back glass and that T-bar is actually pretty strong,’’ Childers said. “Then also over the winter they wanted the rear package to raise the bottom of the rear glass to be really stiff and stay controlled — there were some guys that were having their rear package trays falling an inch at the end the year last year.

We’re going to learn from this,’’ Childers told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. “It’s not something that we wanted to happen. You definitely don’t want the back of the roof sharp. You want the back of the roof round and you want that to be a smooth transition. I think that everybody thinks that it helps. I would suggest that it probably didn’t help.

More here..

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/03...-what-happened-to-kevin-harvicks-rear-window/
Too late.

I think it is likely a brilliant attempt to get an early advantage, secure a win into the Chase, and then move on after it is discovered. Whether by intention or failure of a part, I think it created an advantage of downforce on the right side that helped him get speed in the corners. Bravo. Now, find a way to enforce a rule that checks for such “failures” in post race or black flag a car if they develop the “bends” during the race at speed.

My suspicion is they cut the support just enough to create an easy failure at speed. If the pics of practice are the same as the race, this was baked in and did not “fail during the race” as Rodney claims.

Some of you guys would make fine homicide detectives.

"We interviewed the boyfriend. He said she fell down the stairs yesterday and that's how he found her. What? Bullet wound, you say? Nah. Who gets shot in the head while falling down the stairs? How does that even happen? It was an accident, stop with your conspiracy theories LOL ROFL LOL."

"We interviewed the boyfriend. He said she fell down the stairs yesterday and that's how he found her. What? Bullet wound, you say? Nah. Who gets shot in the head while falling down the stairs? How does that even happen. It was an accident, stop with your conspiracy theories LOL ROFL LOL.
Better criminal defense attorneys too

Yes. I guess you also missed the video in the ATL victory lane where harvick pushed the roof down to stand up on the door, and the roof flexed and bounced right back.

Apparently it can. And yes the flexing is visible from the TV coverage. Go back through the thread to find the links.
You are comparing a lean on the roof to sustained velocity of over 180--200 mph? Your jealousy of Harvick is showing and you still havent explained him busting that ass at Atlanta. Adjust that tinfoil

Last edited:
You are comparing a lean on the roof to sustained velocity of over 180--200 mph? Your jealousy of Harvick is showing and you still havent explained him busting that ass at Atlanta. Adjust that tinfoil
Lol what? Dude no. You said that it would not take original form, which it did and I pointed out another case on the same team’s car on it coming back to form.

Are you trying to score points here or be constructive?

"We interviewed the boyfriend. He said she fell down the stairs yesterday and that's how he found her. What? Bullet wound, you say? Nah. Who gets shot in the head while falling down the stairs? How does that even happen? It was an accident, stop with your conspiracy theories LOL ROFL LOL."
Suicide, shot herself three times

Back
Top Bottom