I'M GLAD THERE'S AN ALTERNATIVE FROM 4M

i know, i read that. i wouldn't worry bout it. some people just seem to get thier "kicks" of arguing.... oh, by-the-way, i'm thinkin about your saying on the back of your car. Miss racincrazyjs7 lisa montgomery, has SUPER B!TCH on the back of her car! i wanted her to put miss smooth [cause she is as smooth a silk on the track]

:cool:

last year the back of my car said "youve just been passed by a girl"...lmao

funny part is , there was a bunch of "BOY race drivers read is during the races LOL!! :eek:

lisa you gonna make it to the party at mooneys tomorrow night? i know you are working long hours and getting up early.

hi steve, yeah they may be cleaning all the pictures off. they take a lot of room.... hows the work on your car going?... ray guss jr. is getting ready to head to florida in feb. with the R/C race cars mod.... ray neltner jr. has the new rayborn 75 car done also. it should be a fun year for the ray guss jr. fans at peoria!

mike "webmaster" just did an up date on ray's website NEWS.

www.raygussjr.com :)

aint doing much on the car right now. in a couple weeks . i hope raymee has a great year. he can do it.

i'd love to see steve jr. in one of them!... when i win the lotto i'l get ya a R/C car for him to drive :beerbang:

Good.....................

CTR~ said:
:D

hi $ bill! how's things in havana?
Think the Modified just SOLD....................Thats pretty good................BB

OK Steve Fess Up..............

Whatchu do ta 4m.........................................BB :growl:

$ bill said:
Yeah....Now we can spend all we make on Mullvain Motorsports bill :eek:...Might be Scary....................BB

Bill did ya get to the Allen Automotive Trade Show? I waz there Sunday, Saw Cook sr. He's funny. He told me some jokes I had not heard LOL! He knows I was born and raised in Arkansas, and he usualy has an Arkansas joke or three.
:D

Gary srs the Best................We didn't go.Same stuff,on the same tables every year. My son says some of that stuff has to be glued down.heheheh.....................BB

$ bill said:
Gary srs the Best................We didn't go.Same stuff,on the same tables every year. My son says some of that stuff has to be glued down.heheheh.....................BB

My son bought a muddslinger calander. I told him he was wastin hiz $'s, the ones they give away at the bank would be just as good. LOL. He didn't see it that way.
:p

Yeah, Ray's gonna be pretty busy this year CB. ...

On another note, you're old stompin grounds are gettin some snow tonight! The reporter for chnl. 6 was out on Brady st. in the snow storm. I always wondered why they put the poor little new girl out in the storm to report how "bad it is" with no hat. Must be for the drama LOL.

Later my friend.... Take care.

That's too bad. I was thinking about wearing shorts today, but maybe the 63 degree weather might be just a tab bit cool. Then again... :)

Buckaroo it looks like 2-1/2 to 3 inches of the white stuff here this morning. I think the Davenport got more. It is a wet heavy snow, clinging to the trees. :cool:

Sure do hate to hear that. Our mountain ski slopes are crying for snow, but weather in the 40's and 50's up there just won't do. However, the golfing is still great. :beerbang:

There are parts of Quad City area that recieved as much as 7 inches of snow. these ole dirt tracks need the moisture so they will be ready for april and racing season :D

buckaroo said:
Neat Ron, reminds me of back up there in Davenport. :)

CB, the first race of this season will be at Davenport on April &th. WDRL. Remember back in the 70's when the L/M's were turnin the 1/2 mile there in 24 to 25 second? I can't recall the record now but it's down around 18 seconds I think! The WoO L/M race in 2004 August 10. was the best L/M dirt race I have ever been to in my 50+ years as a race fan/ crewmember. It was right up there with the winged sprints when Doug Wolfgang and the WOO came and put on a show WOW! Did you ever get over to one of the OUTLAW shows? They would almost make your heart stop! There was talk that the Davenport cops had them clocked on radar at over 140 M.P.H. . That was around ohhhhh, say early 80's. I couldn't guess what Swindell and the guys would turn it now withe the new tires and knowledge.
:beerbang:

Ron, I never did make it to any of those races. Man, that's some high speed for that track. Imagine this if you will and please forgive me for this is not about a dirt race. A few years back, they repaved Bowman Gray Stadium (for those who don't know, this is a totally flat 1/4 track around a football field) and a new record was set for the featured cars, top modifieds, and just over 12 seconds. We thought he would be able to get a sub 12 second lap, but he just missed it. Now the track is getting a bit loose again and I doubt we'll be able to see a sub 12 second lap, but who knows.

BTW, is Steve Boley still racing up that way?

buckaroo said:
Ron, I never did make it to any of those races. Man, that's some high speed for that track. Imagine this if you will and please forgive me for this is not about a dirt race. A few years back, they repaved Bowman Gray Stadium (for those who don't know, this is a totally flat 1/4 track around a football field) and a new record was set for the featured cars, top modifieds, and just over 12 seconds. We thought he would be able to get a sub 12 second lap, but he just missed it. Now the track is getting a bit loose again and I doubt we'll be able to see a sub 12 second lap, but who knows.

Yeah, Steve is still at it. He ran good last year. He gives the traveling teams a good run for their money when they come to Iowa. :)I don;t think Steve Boley has a website, but Denny Eckrich is hot L/M driver in east Iowa. Birkhofer, Eckrich, Boley, Guss Jr. to name a few of the "HOT DOGS" in east Iowa....I guess I better say [IMO]... Guss Jr. had a tough year in 05. It seem to me everytime he got things going his way, lady luck kicked in. Birky is hard to beat on his home tracks of Davenport and West Liberty.

http://www.dennyeckrich.com/

http://www.brianbirkhoferracing.com/ ;)

Looks like the same old guys! :) Birky and Eckrich were both more or less just getting going when I left and I know that Birky seems to be going places, or at least it seems that way. Are the Kosiski brothers still tearing up the tracks in Iowa and Nebraska? Man, they were hard to beat in the late 80's and early 90's in the old Allstar series.

Kosiski's were still running last year. I think Joe ran the WDRL shows I attended last year. Can't remember if Steve ran or not .

Riley Hickman Racing (RHR) releases plans for '06
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - As the 2006 season gets near Riley Hickman Racing is still in the process of building their cars. Riley's plans include running the entire O'Reilly Southern All Stars Series (SAS) schedule in '06. The 2006 SAS Rookie of the Year hopeful will set out and compete on tracks in Tennessee, Georgia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, and Mississippi.

The 2005 season was Riley's first full season back behind the wheel since the year 2000. The number R1 Rayburn Race Car will carry sponsorship from American Billet, Abe Gates Construction, Hickman Manufacturing, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Race Engine Design, Fullmoon Signs & Designs, as well as newcomer Hyatt Web Designs. Product sponsors are still under discussion and will be announced at a later date.

The year of 2006 will also see Riley Hickman Racing (RHR) launch their new website, located at www.rileyhickmanracing.com. Riley's business, American Billet, will also have a website coming in the near future, as both sites are developed by Hyatt Web Designs. For more information on RHR please check out www.rileyhickmanracing.com as the website is still under construction.

I would like to take time to wish Riley and the Hickman Racing crew "R1" the very best....Go get'em this year!
:waver:

buckaroo said:
Sure do hate to hear that. Our mountain ski slopes are crying for snow, but weather in the 40's and 50's up there just won't do. However, the golfing is still great. :beerbang:

CB , the forcast is for temps. in the low 50's for next couple of days. I've lived in the Quad City area for 40 years and have never seen farmers plowing in January, "dirt not snow" LOL, untill this week. There are people running up and down the river in their boats, some fishing, some just having fun. I talked to a couple guys yesterday about how they have been fishing like it was summer time. I'm ready for race season. It looks like our first race, to watch, will be at Davenport on April 7th. :D

I heading out for Peoria this afternoon, Talk to ya when I get back. Be safe out there. :cool:

Steve and Lisa, I'l see you guys in Peoria tomorrow.

Everyone have a good day... The sky is clear, winds are calm here on the mississippi river this morning. :whoopee:

Ron, I tell you what...the weather will be nice until that first race and then you will need to wear that parka that's been collecting dust for the last year. Not to worry though, the last race I attended up there was at West Liberty and I had all the clothes on I could find and still I drank ice cold beer and watched some great racing. :)

That sounds about right on the weather. Last year the first WDRL race at Davenport was so cold ,low 30's, I looked like I was going duck hunting with all the winter clothes on.. Today was real nice, temp. in the 50's saw more farmers plowing today! It's just strange weather here.... carcrazy7 and I went over to Bellevue, Il. to the cafe where racincrazyjs7 works. Man did I ever fill up! Lisa sure cooks up a top notch breakfast! :cool:

We spent a few minutes in Steve's shop "carcrazy7" He's getting started on his new car. He has a nice shop. :beerbang:

buckaroo said:

buckaroo, i copyed this off 4m today.

View First Unread
#1 Add to rwtsracefan's Reputation Report Bad Post IP: 12.201.114.158
Unread Today, 10:30 PM
Two Star Member

Steve Boley & The "Colossal 100"
Hey Guys: I seen Steve Boley's name listed on the entry list for the "Colossal 100"! Does anyone know if he will be driving his own equiptment or if he is driving for someone else? The reason I ask is because Steve has not ventured to far from home lately as far as traveling to races goes and I was curious if he may be getting some help from someone. Steve is a one hell of a race car driver and I must say I'am am glad to see him out running a big time show again! I believe it was 2001 or 2002 when Steve Qualified second at the "World 100" and he has proven before that when everything is right he is as fast as anyone! Go get'em Boley!!

rwtsracefan

Back
Top Bottom