Joey Logano vs. Kyle Busch

For the 87th time in his career, Logano somehow managed to avoid the fray of an attacking driver as his Dad or pit-crew stepped in.
This is simply incorrect & evidence that you made your mind up before watching the video replay. After Kyle reached out for Joey he retaliated with several throws himself before a nascar official 3 times his size picked him up & drug him away from the scuffle. Neither his father nor his pit crew stepped in before Kyle and Joey exchanged hits.

Really man ???? HARD LEFT AND SLAMMED HIM. Crap move .
Kyle did what he had to do to gain the position from Joey & Logano did what he had to do to regain the position in the final turn of the race. Simple checkers or wreckers on the last lap. The spoils go to the victor. Nothing more, nothing less. If Kyle had just taken a moment to view a replay all of this could have been avoided. Heat of the moment got the best of him - happens to plenty.

Kyle did what he had to do to gain the position from Joey & Logano did what he had to do to regain the position in the final turn of the race. Simple checkers or wreckers on the last lap. The spoils go to the victor. Nothing more, nothing less. If Kyle had just taken a moment to view a replay all of this could have been avoided. Heat of the moment got the best of him - happens to plenty.

You summed it up in a nutshell. If someone obviously turned someone into the wall on the third lap in stage 1 and I was the driver that was intentionally nerfed I would be as mad as a wet hen. However when you are on the last lap and trying to get the best finish possible and you inadvertently make contact with a competitor thats racin. It is understandable that the driver that ended up wrecking would be upset and disappointed but it isn't something you physically attack someone over.

LOL LOL LEw...GREAT post although you owe me a keyboard...dr pePper everywhere :D

I bet DP is in a lot better physical condition then some of the drivers. I know guys like JJ are very fit and I am sure there are some others but if being fit counted in the stats she would have some top 5's and a few wins. Alas.

I bet DP is in a lot better physical condition then some of the drivers. I know guys like JJ are very fit and I am sure there are some others but if being fit counted in the stats she would have some top 5's and a few wins. Alas.

lol newman and his 4 doughnuts come to mind..

Fighting in NASCAR is way down compared to the past. I remember when there was a fight close to every week in the early 2000s, LOL.
I bet you have seen your share at weekend bull rings.

My favorite from my local dirt track in the late 70's were
2 powderpuffs going at it on the track after they exited their
wrecked cars.

Nascar has done a good job of safety regarding the drivers, team members and on track officials. It got me thinking of how ironic it would be if more melees like what happened yesterday occurred this year and a combatant or bystander really got injured by getting a their head slammed into the pavement or pit road wall. Any number of other injuries, non serious and serious could occur but for now all this nonsense is fun and games until someone loses an eye or gets a subdural hematoma. Can you imagine all the squawking if something like that happened?

for the first time in his life lol. Dos this make him a Bully now? I mean he did what Harvick did to him before, so I guess Kyle is the new bully in town! KYLE BULLY BUSCH!
With one major exception. Kyle took his helmet off.

Lol but its cool what Kyle did on track right? He doesnt need to be taught anything.. Mostly bc he has more fans? Thats basically what Im getting here..
I totally cool with what Kyle did on track. Sliced Bread was trying to make a pick out of the slow car, Kyle said "lol, no". Only Logono knows if he lost it in the corner out of anger or lack of talent. I'm totally cool with JLo using Brad as a pick too. I'm also cool with Kyle storming the castle. I'm not cool with crew member trying to kick Kyle, or Joeys bald faced lie about not getting punched.

With one major exception. Kyle took his helmet off.
I'm sure if Kyle was a man and got out his car that Kevin would have took it off. plus either way Kyle has said before he doesn't like to handle things that way. So next time he runs he can't use that excuse.

I'd be more worried about getting mowed down by a golf cart at the track as I walked into traffic while leering at a Monster Energy Girl, then a "hematoma" from Kyle flying elbow or punch...

It is certainly possible that during one of these driver altercations someone could get hurt no? With people moving around in a scrum it would be easy to trip and fall and conk your noggin. I can only imagine the lawsuit Nascar faced if someone was hurt as they would be ripe for the picking.

I totally cool with what Kyle did on track. Sliced Bread was trying to make a pick out of the slow car, Kyle said "lol, no". Only Logono knows if he lost it in the corner out of anger or lack of talent. I'm totally cool with JLo using Brad as a pick too. I'm also cool with Kyle storming the castle. I'm not cool with crew member trying to kick Kyle, or Joeys bald faced lie about not getting punched.

I saw the incident once and that was plenty for me. If memory serves JLo was moving backward when Kyle tried to hit him with a haymaker and I can't tell if he made much in the way of contact but whatever the case it didn't leave a mark on him so if he was hit it wasn't hard.

It is certainly possible that during one of these driver altercations someone could get hurt no? With people moving around in a scrum it would be easy to trip and fall and conk your noggin. I can only imagine the lawsuit Nascar faced if someone was hurt as they would be ripe for the picking.

Better to just stomp on folks heads ...... just to avoid the possibility of injury

at least kyle had balls to go take care of it instead of cry on twitter or just go through the media

i feel like when alot of guys on here get confronted in real life, they go away with their tail between their legs

I watched my local news this morning and NASCAR is never spoken of usually. The fight was mentioned but there were looks and comments of derision from the anchors that conveyed the message of "what kind of inbred people watch this crap."
Nice, real nice.
They mentioned NASCAR again this week on both our local televised news and this mornings Sports Radio talk shows. Neither of which are talking down the sport of NASCAR in my area.
Same here. Local and GMA. As you said nobody talked down about it. I love the free publicity.

I haven't read all 390 posts, so if someone said this already props to them.

I just want to give a shout out to Jeff Gluck for being smart enough to be in the right place at the right time. His camera footage has been used by every media outlet across tv and the internet. I hope he's gets a good payday out of this and hopefully it opens doors for him moving forward.

I just want to give a shout out to Jeff Gluck for being smart enough to be in the right place at the right time. His camera footage has been used by every media outlet across tv and the internet. I hope he's gets a good payday out of this and hopefully it opens doors for him moving forward.

Not sure what the cameramen of Fox were thinking

Honestly, it didn't look like it landed, or if it did he definitely didn't strike him cleanly.

At first I said the same, then I saw Joey's at the time it landed. It think it hit, but Kyle throws a weak punch.

I didn't see this posted.

Jeff Gluck
‏Verified account @jeff_gluck
22m22 minutes ago
For those who like dissecting the frame-by-frame, here's a slo-mo video of the fight:

Now Im even more sure of a couple things..

That most of the people "gang beating" Kyle were actually just trying to pull these guys apart.

Joey definitely didnt run or hide behind his crew in any way whatsoever.

..and there was one more guy from the 18 crew in there.. Hard to distinguish the two uniforms lol

Basically everyone just tripped over each other trying to pull Joey and Kyle apart... There was definitely some punches thrown but its really not as bad as it looked.

Last edited:
No one tried to kick Kyle.. Apparently u need to watch the video again.

It is painful to read so much Kyle misunderstandings. JGR simply hasn't protected the man.

The deal was that, Samantha was supposed to be there to hold his emotionally low IQ hand, to soothe his nerves and let him know it would be alright. To be his ultimate restraint and leash.

Coach Joe has coached a few morans in his day, and he should have known better than to neglect Kyle's needs. Hope he keeps her posted and ready at all times in the future. They just can't keep letting them Daytona Goodyear him, or Joeying him with no moral support.
It just aint right.

Last edited:

It is an instant Zapruder classic.

No one tried to kick Kyle.. Apparently u need to watch the video again.
I've seen it from a couple different angles. One where it looks like a pretty good kick, the other where it looks like the dude tried to get a kick in as he's falling backwards. Repeating the same bull**** over and over doesn't make it true, but go ahead and tell me how wrong I am again. You'll feel a lot better.

I've seen it from a couple different angles. One where it looks like a pretty good kick, the other where it looks like the dude tried to get a kick in as he's falling backwards. Repeating the same bull**** over and over doesn't make it true, but go ahead and tell me how wrong I am again. You'll feel a lot better.
Nobody kicked Kyle.

Back
Top Bottom