Joey Logano

It looked like a move Jeffery Earnhardt would have done if his throttle would have stuck. It was deliberate IMO.

Agreed. I said this in the race thread. I don't think KB had intentions of cutting his tire but he (and any Toy car up front) had every intention of running over anyone to get up front.

@SlicedBread22, found this pic of you from last night. How was the candy haul?

DNhAJjAWkAAWehW.jpg

Agreed. I said this in the race thread. I don't think KB had intentions of cutting his tire but he (and any Toy car up front) had every intention of running over anyone to get up front.

These two folks were quiet normal individuals ................ until that Prius showed up in the driveway

Team building pays off for Joey Logano and Penske crew
Respect of his crew
His car chief, Raymond Fox III, marvels at Logano’s generosity and work ethic. The third-generation NASCAR mechanic has worked with his share of talented drivers—Dale Jarrett, Ricky Rudd, Elliott Sadler and Ernie Irvan. But Logano has inspired Fox on and off of the race track.

“Joey is a different character,” Fox said. “I’ve worked with a lot of drivers, and I would have to say he’s one of the best if not the best. As for as his personality and the things he does for and gives to other people, it’s pretty awesome.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...s-off-for-joey-logano-and-penske-crew-999953/

Yeah, it would be more surprising if he slumped another year.

It was the curse of finishing second in the championship. He'll be back to form I can feel it.

Conventional wisdom used to be, a driver had to lose a title before they won one. Bobby Allison finished second several times, Elliot finished second in 1985 after winning eleven times. He won a lot of battles, DW won the war. Elliot came oh so close, broke a cheap part in the finale at Riverside, lost by a hand full of points. He came back and won it in 1988. Rusty finished second in 1988, came back and won it in 1989. I think coming so close lights a bigger fire under some drivers. Maybe this is Joeys year.

Conventional wisdom used to be, a driver had to lose a title before they won one. Bobby Allison finished second several times, Elliot finished second in 1985 after winning eleven times. He won a lot of battles, DW won the war. Elliot came oh so close, broke a cheap part in the finale at Riverside, lost by a hand full of points. He came back and won it in 1988. Rusty finished second in 1988, came back and won it in 1989. I think coming so close lights a bigger fire under some drivers. Maybe this is Joeys year.
Well he and his team have definitely proved they have what it takes. A few could shoulda woulda's and he could have 2 by now really. I'm confident he'll get at least two before his career is over. He's still under 30 and signed to the same team with the same sponsor and crew chief until at least 2022, they're bound to get it done. Right now I'm just hoping for a bounce back season with 3(+) wins and a run deep into the playoffs. Anything less would be a disappointment but after seeing how last season seems to have lit a fire underneath him I feel like they'll be back to form.

Under the current system winning the championship doesn't have the same meaning at least for me. I wish KDB could win legit so I can get rid of this feeling. Harvick's win has the same stain but I feel he could have won during his career if he had made racing his main concern and maybe a different car owner.

Joey Logano's 2015 season was one of the best in recent memory. In my opinion, he was more dominant that year than Truex was last year. Obviously had the incident with Kenseth not happened, he likely would have won it all.
Honestly, I think you're right. The Kenseth incident and the subsequent failure at Texas took all of the wind out of his sails.
Disregarding that, he really could have matched a modern-era record and won 4 straight races - in The Chase!

Honestly, I think you're right. The Kenseth incident and the subsequent failure at Texas took all of the wind out of his sails.
Disregarding that, he really could have matched a modern-era record and won 4 straight races - in The Chase!
He's was damn close that's for sure. Caution free there was probably about 10-15 min left in that Martinsville race with him in front by a nice margin and showing no signs of slowing.

Goofy playoff system strikes again. Logano had that bad pit stop / jack hang up also at Homestead. Can't say he was going to win that race, but that deal sure ended his chance to.

Goofy playoff system strikes again. Logano had that bad pit stop / jack hang up also at Homestead. Can't say he was going to win that race, but that deal sure ended his chance to.
For sure.. Its really not that far fetched to say if a few things had gone differently different we could be talking about 3 time cup series champion Joey Logano... But they didn't.. so we'll have to wait a few more years to talk about that :D

Last edited:

10. What is the key to finding the best pre-race bathroom?

Some places, they don’t have a really good place to go. But whatever’s closest when you get off the truck after the parade lap — you just (go to) whatever’s closest.

It’s always kind of funny for us, because there’s always fans around because fans are smart enough that they figure it out this is where everybody’s going and they sit there and wait. And it’s kind of weird because they want to shake your hand. And I’m gonna be honest with you — I wash my hands, but I don’t see every driver washing their hands in there afterward. And then I see them (going for the handshake) and I’m like, “That’s…um…” and I go for the knuckles on the way out because I don’t want a chance for the germs.

Well that's really gross! :bleh:

And I’m gonna be honest with you — I wash my hands, but I don’t see every driver washing their hands in there afterward. And then I see them (going for the handshake) and I’m like, “That’s…um…” and I go for the knuckles on the way out because I don’t want a chance for the germs.
Not gross on Joey's part but for some drivers.......:eek:

Not gross on Joey's part at all. I'm a fan of the goofy kid but his remarks about other drivers not washing their hands...Yuck!
Just think how some drivers feel having to play touchy with a thousand unwashed hands from the fans. Yuuuuuuuucky.

Hell yes he did....Matt’s tantrum getting his ass kicked by Joey cost the 22. Is what it is.....sometimes sh!t ain’t fair...

I'm not going to excuse Kenseth, but Joey has to take a certain percentage of the blame for what ended up happening at Martinsville. Like Bowyer with Gordon before him, and Hamlin with Elliott after him, Joey KNEW that he had a real issue with Kenseth and did not effectively settle it or sooth the hard feelings and it cost him, just like it cost Bowyer and Hamlin. Logano is not Dale Earnhardt. You can't just flash people that big toothy grin and expect people to just stop being upset with you.

Logano led the most laps and Brad was cruising to victory until a b.s caution for a water bottle
all ya gotta do is look at the stats, wins, 5's, 10's and the position he was in before the Kenseth deal, I'm not getting in the Kenseth deal jus sayin Logano had a strong season going and for being a lame duck in the playoffs was set to win in the joke of a final four jack pot.

I'm not going to excuse Kenseth, but Joey has to take a certain percentage of the blame for what ended up happening at Martinsville. Like Bowyer with Gordon before him, and Hamlin with Elliott after him, Joey KNEW that he had a real issue with Kenseth and did not effectively settle it or sooth the hard feelings and it cost him, just like it cost Bowyer and Hamlin. Logano is not Dale Earnhardt. You can't just flash people that big toothy grin and expect people to just stop being upset with you.

So because he didn’t kiss Matt’s butt he deserved to get taken out when he was cruising to a win and a pass to the next round? But Earnhardt would have?

So because he didn’t kiss Matt’s butt he deserved to get taken out when he was cruising to a win and a pass to the next round? But Earnhardt would have? .

I never used the word deserved. The point was Joey had a problem, and if he had gotten out in front of it and found a way to patch things up with Kenseth, he MIGHT have won a championship. My point about Earnhardt was that he had a way with people that were mad at him that seemed to work. Even Terry Labonte couldn't get THAT mad at him after that night at Bristol. Joey on the other hand, seems to send out the message that he doesn't really care how mad you are at him, and his body language makes you more inclined to punch him than shake hands with him. In NASCAR, you had better be either a hard ass or a genuinely nice guy to avoid getting used up by other drivers. I KNOW he's not a hard ass, and he just doesn't come off as all that nice whether he is or isn't. When Kyle Busch has more street cred than you do, you might have a problem.

I never used the word deserved. The point was Joey had a problem, and if he had gotten out in front of it and found a way to patch things up with Kenseth, he MIGHT have won a championship. My point about Earnhardt was that he had a way with people that were mad at him that seemed to work. Even Terry Labonte couldn't get THAT mad at him after that night at Bristol. Joey on the other hand, seems to send out the message that he doesn't really care how mad you are at him, and his body language makes you more inclined to punch him than shake hands with him. In NASCAR, you had better be either a hard ass or a genuinely nice guy to avoid getting used up by other drivers. I KNOW he's not a hard ass, and he just doesn't come off as all that nice whether he is or isn't. When Kyle Busch has more street cred than you do, you might have a problem.
People didn't stay mad at Earnhardt because they couldn't do a damn thing about it physically.
Matt wasn't afraid to hit Joey using a car and attack Brad from behind because he wasn't afaid
of them. But he sure was a chicken **** when Carl threatened him.

Kenseth was in the wrong about the Kansas incident, but Joey & him got into at Talladega the race after on a green flag stop and I think Matt had enough. Joey did kinda get shafted if you ask me.

That's what happens when they embrace this WWE playoff cars vs non-playoff cars system.

Back
Top Bottom