Joey Logano

Kenseth was in the wrong about the Kansas incident, but Joey & him got into at Talladega the race after on a green flag stop and I think Matt had enough. Joey did kinda get shafted if you ask me.

That's what happens when they embrace this WWE playoff cars vs non-playoff cars system.
I've been keeping up loosely with the Pinty's series that just has regular points. The leader is pretty far ahead and is in survival mode. The rest of em are racing like hell to gain or keep their positions. Refreshing. No yelling or screaming or POINTS MATTER. The leader's team and driver earned that privilege.

Kenseth was in the wrong about the Kansas incident, but Joey & him got into at Talladega the race after on a green flag stop and I think Matt had enough. Joey did kinda get shafted if you ask me.

That's what happens when they embrace this WWE playoff cars vs non-playoff cars system.

True, but I still believe what Matt said after being penalized. Brian had done an interview after Kansas where he said that Logano had used "great strategy" by taking out a contender. That gave Matt cover to ignore the fact that he was blocking like cazy and wreck Logano out of the playoffs and help his teammate.

I never used the word deserved. The point was Joey had a problem, and if he had gotten out in front of it and found a way to patch things up with Kenseth, he MIGHT have won a championship. My point about Earnhardt was that he had a way with people that were mad at him that seemed to work. Even Terry Labonte couldn't get THAT mad at him after that night at Bristol. Joey on the other hand, seems to send out the message that he doesn't really care how mad you are at him, and his body language makes you more inclined to punch him than shake hands with him. In NASCAR, you had better be either a hard ass or a genuinely nice guy to avoid getting used up by other drivers. I KNOW he's not a hard ass, and he just doesn't come off as all that nice whether he is or isn't. When Kyle Busch has more street cred than you do, you might have a problem.

Logano was a nice guy at JGR and he lost his ride. Hammy and Kyle were constantly on the radio telling their CC what they wanted Joey to do to help THEM win, rather than letting the kid run his own race and keep his ride.

True, but I still believe what Matt said after being penalized. Brian had done an interview after Kansas where he said that Logano had used "great strategy" by taking out a contender. That gave Matt cover to ignore the fact that he was blocking like cazy and wreck Logano out of the playoffs and help his teammate.
and you believe Kenseth needed an excuse? from Brian?

and you believe Kenseth needed an excuse? from Brian?

I doubt Matt would have been that brazen without the supreme A-hole saying dumb sheet on TV. He would have waited for an on track excuse, like Logano chopping his nose. Matt just nailed the gas and held it as he drove the 22 into the wall, confirming what outsiders say about nascar just being a demolition derby dressed up as racing. I've seen Matt dish out payback before, but never like that.

I believe he said his throttle stuck. Sticky sticky
I thought he had a tire going down? lol

How soon they forget….
Unapologetic Matt Kenseth defends wrecking Joey Logano at Martinsville, calls out NASCAR CEO Brian France

Matt Kenseth doesn’t regret crashing Joey Logano and believes NASCAR could have done a better job of quelling the animosity between the two drivers.

Never denying he spun Kenseth, Logano contends he was left with little choice because Kenseth repeatedly blocked him -- including one instance where he pushed Logano into the outside wall.

How Kansas unfolded drew admiration from France, who called Logano's maneuver "quintessential NASCAR" in an interview the following day on SiriusXM Radio. That remark further irked Kenseth, who felt the sport's top executive was promoting that kind of driving.

"I felt like I was almost encouraged. I felt like the comments almost condoned it, the way Brian France said Joey was smart in the way he strategically eliminated a threat for the title," Kenseth said. "I just never dreamed, ever, that I'd get suspended for going back and evening the score."

----------------------

What I don't believe or like, is when Kenseth says if Logano had apologized for Kansas, he wouldn't have wrecked him at M'ville. Kenseth knows he got what he deserved. Matt knows most veterans would have done exactly what Logano did. I think Matt thought Joey should be his doormat.

How soon they forget….
Unapologetic Matt Kenseth defends wrecking Joey Logano at Martinsville, calls out NASCAR CEO Brian France

Matt Kenseth doesn’t regret crashing Joey Logano and believes NASCAR could have done a better job of quelling the animosity between the two drivers.

Never denying he spun Kenseth, Logano contends he was left with little choice because Kenseth repeatedly blocked him -- including one instance where he pushed Logano into the outside wall.

How Kansas unfolded drew admiration from France, who called Logano's maneuver "quintessential NASCAR" in an interview the following day on SiriusXM Radio. That remark further irked Kenseth, who felt the sport's top executive was promoting that kind of driving.

"I felt like I was almost encouraged. I felt like the comments almost condoned it, the way Brian France said Joey was smart in the way he strategically eliminated a threat for the title," Kenseth said. "I just never dreamed, ever, that I'd get suspended for going back and evening the score."

----------------------

What I don't believe or like, is when Kenseth says if Logano had apologized for Kansas, he wouldn't have wrecked him at M'ville. Kenseth knows he got what he deserved. Matt knows most veterans would have done exactly what Logano did. I think Matt thought Joey should be his doormat.

That is way way after it happened and he was trying to get his ass out of hot water.

"couldn't get it to turn" @ 9:30 ish in the clip

How soon they forget….

----------------------

A lot of them really don't race the way Joey did that day. Guys like Larson and Elliott don't race that way. They've got a lot of 2nd place finishes, but apparently they don't want to be known as a driver that will wreck someone to get wins. Still not a Joey fan .. smug fella .

A lot of them really don't race the way Joey did that day. Guys like Larson and Elliott don't race that way. They've got a lot of 2nd place finishes, but apparently they don't want to be known as a driver that will wreck someone to get wins. Still not a Joey fan .. smug fella .

I don't think Larson or Elliott have Matt block them to the apron, then run them into the wall, and let Matt run them to the apron again. Matt gets turned by most competitive drivers in that situation because they refuse to lift a 3rd time.

real short memory

iu

I never used the word deserved. The point was Joey had a problem, and if he had gotten out in front of it and found a way to patch things up with Kenseth, he MIGHT have won a championship. My point about Earnhardt was that he had a way with people that were mad at him that seemed to work. Even Terry Labonte couldn't get THAT mad at him after that night at Bristol. Joey on the other hand, seems to send out the message that he doesn't really care how mad you are at him, and his body language makes you more inclined to punch him than shake hands with him. In NASCAR, you had better be either a hard ass or a genuinely nice guy to avoid getting used up by other drivers. I KNOW he's not a hard ass, and he just doesn't come off as all that nice whether he is or isn't. When Kyle Busch has more street cred than you do, you might have a problem.

I disagree. Matt had no reason to be pissed at Joey and Joey had no reason to apologize or kiss his butt or even be nice after Matt whined and claimed he was wasn’t raced fair. Joey got blocked and when he didn’t lift Matt got what he asked for. Shoulda been over then. Matt threw a KB type tantrum at Martinsville and cost JL a shot at the title.

I disagree. Matt had no reason to be pissed at Joey and Joey had no reason to apologize or kiss his butt or even be nice after Matt whined and claimed he was wasn’t raced fair. Joey got blocked and when he didn’t lift Matt got what he asked for. Shoulda been over then. Matt threw a KB type tantrum at Martinsville and cost JL a shot at the title.

I'm not saying Matt was right OR wrong. I'm just saying that he was pissed at Joey, and Joey does NOT have a very good history of putting these fires out before something bad happens. It boils down to do you want to argue about who's right, or do you want to not have to worry about a guy taking you out on purpose at a critical moment? It's liking arguing with your wife. Being right doesn't count for very much. If she's not happy, she will FIND a way to make you sorry.

Matt wasn't afraid to hit Joey using a car and attack Brad from behind because he wasn't afaid
of them. But he sure was a chicken sh!t when Carl threatened him.

I think Matt was more shocked and surprised than anything with Carl. I think he was caught so off guard, he didn't even have time to be mad in the moment it happened. There is ALSO the fact they were teammates, which kind of limits what you can reasonably do. If Carl was as mad as he appeared, he probably WOULD have hit a non-teammate.

Hell, theres a thread arguing over an 18 year old event.
I still argue the ‘90 title was a farse....
I'm not saying Matt was right OR wrong. I'm just saying that he was pissed at Joey, and Joey does NOT have a very good history of putting these fires out before something bad happens. It boils down to do you want to argue about who's right, or do you want to not have to worry about a guy taking you out on purpose at a critical moment? It's liking arguing with your wife. Being right doesn't count for very much. If she's not happy, she will FIND a way to make you sorry.
Lol...yes I don’t seem to learn that lesson very well....or when I do it’s usually too late.
I see your point but JL had been the butt kissing guy before at JGR and it got him nothing but disrespect. I believe he went the other end of the spectrum during that time with his issues with Denny, Tony, then Matt taking his respect. Definitely could have handled it better thinking short term but I don’t think that was where his mind was.
I think Matt was more shocked and surprised than anything with Carl. I think he was caught so off guard, he didn't even have time to be mad in the moment it happened. There is ALSO the fact they were teammates, which kind of limits what you can reasonably do. If Carl was as mad as he appeared, he probably WOULD have hit a non-teammate.
Matt’s a racer, not a fighter. It was way out of character when he jumped Brad (another racer, not a fighter) in the haulers. Plus knowing Brad was kind of a wuss to violence, he probably was empowered to jump him. Like KB thought with Joey but Joey’s duck of his sucker punch was pretty skilled. Lol

I still argue the ‘90 title was a farse....

Yes, the penalty the 6 team got was kind of a chicken **** penalty, but by the letter of the rule it was an infraction. Also remember that at the point is the season the penalty was issued, nobody had ANY way of knowing that the championship would come down to it. Who could have predicted in March that Earnhardt would beat Martin by a smaller margin than the penalty? I think with a lot of people that bring this up (not saying you, I don't know what you think) the insinuation is that NASCAR stuck it to Roush just to benefit RCR, but again, how could anybody in March know that that penalty would even come into play? As long as we're talking about a chicken **** penalty, how about the time Gordon got penalized for using an intake manifold that was 100% legal down to the OEM part number, but was made (by GM) out of magnesium instead of aluminum, saving a pound or two of weight? The manifold didn't make one more horsepower than the aluminum one, but by the letter of the rule it was illegal. In BOTH cases, NASCAR should have just gave the teams a small fine and told them not to do it again, they would be watching.

Yes, the penalty the 6 team got was kind of a chicken sh!t penalty, but by the letter of the rule it was an infraction. Also remember that at the point is the season the penalty was issued, nobody had ANY way of knowing that the championship would come down to it. Who could have predicted in March that Earnhardt would beat Martin by a smaller margin than the penalty? I think with a lot of people that bring this up (not saying you, I don't know what you think) the insinuation is that NASCAR stuck it to Roush just to benefit RCR, but again, how could anybody in March know that that penalty would even come into play? As long as we're talking about a chicken sh!t penalty, how about the time Gordon got penalized for using an intake manifold that was 100% legal down to the OEM part number, but was made (by GM) out of magnesium instead of aluminum, saving a pound or two of weight? The manifold didn't make one more horsepower than the aluminum one, but by the letter of the rule it was illegal. In BOTH cases, NASCAR should have just gave the teams a small fine and told them not to do it again, they would be watching.

Oh yeah I realize it was way too early for NASCAR to guess that 46 points would be enough to cost Roush. But the 3 NEVER got in trouble. Didn’t they pit the 3 off of pit road that year when he took off before all tires were tight and lost one side outside pit out? Wasn’t even penalized a lap which would have been devastating in Oct when the title points were still tight.

I remember the incident, but I honestly don't remember how it played out. I looked up the results and Earnhardt finished 25th, 14 laps down, so draw your own conclusions. Mark finished 14th, three laps down.

Oh yeah I realize it was way too early for NASCAR to guess that 46 points would be enough to cost Roush. But the 3 NEVER got in trouble. Didn’t they pit the 3 off of pit road that year when he took off before all tires were tight and lost one side outside pit out? Wasn’t even penalized a lap which would have been devastating in Oct when the title points were still tight.
Yeah.... Fall Charlotte race. They had the lugs off all 4 tires. When the jack dropped on the right side, Earnhardt nailed the gas. The left sides fell off before turn 1. They let Chocolate Myers and another crewman take a jack, 4 way lug wrench and tires down there. Car should have been loaded on a rollback. Worst decision I think was in the final race at Atlanta, Jack rented a car from Robert Yates. He should have just run what he had been.

Long: Martin Truex Jr. joins long list of sparring partners for Joey Logano

one way to find speed:

While much is made that Truex has won 17 races since joining Furniture Row Racing in 2014, Logano has won the same number of races for Team Penske in the same time period. The lone difference between the two is Truex won the championship last year.

Easily overlooked in Joey Logano’s win was how his revamped pit crew played a key role.
Logano gained eight spots over three pit stops Sunday, twice taking the lead. He also retained the lead once and retained second place another time.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/1...ng-list-of-sparring-partners-for-joey-logano/

I guess I am now a Joey Fan Boy. I was hoping the 78 ill every since his retaliation on the 48 at the Roval.

The thing I like about Joey, he races hard but he doesn't act like he is god's gift to racing, very rarely a smart alec.
Logano appears frequently on Race Hub and shows like that. He always presents a happy-go-lucky persona with a "Aw, shucks" attitude and is witty in a self-depreciating style. It's hard to understand why so many people love to hate him. I think his greatest "sin" is that he wins too often.

Logano appears frequently on Race Hub and shows like that. He always presents a happy-go-lucky persona with a "Aw, shucks" attitude and is witty in a self-depreciating style. It's hard to understand why so many people love to hate him. I think his greatest "sin" is that he wins too often.

And he comes from money and an overprotective dad didn’t help.

I'm not a Joey fan, but I don't understand all the hate towards him. He got pushed around like crazy, then he stands up for himself and bring on the hate. I haven't seen anything that hes done that I'd consider a dirty move.

If people dont like that he came from money, well at least hes successful. Paul Menard comes from money and hasn't done a damn thing, yet not much hate there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Is Joey hated? Since when? I mean, to my knowledge, he has never done anything wrong. Ever. Am I right? If Denny is hated for what he did to Mr. History, and the consensus is that that was dirty, and Joey is hated for what he did to Martin, and the consensus is that that is hard racing, maybe we need to consider the source when defining a driver as "hated." Maybe some of NASCAR Nation just likes to hate for hate's sake. FWIW, I hate what happened to MY Toyota driver, but in no way shape or form was it dirty.

Is Joey hated? Since when? I mean, to my knowledge, he has never done anything wrong. Ever. Am I right? If Denny is hated for what he did to Mr. History, and the consensus is that that was dirty, and Joey is hated for what he did to Martin, and the consensus is that that is hard racing, maybe we need to consider the source when defining a driver as "hated." Maybe some of NASCAR Nation just likes to hate for hate's sake. FWIW, I hate what happened to MY Toyota driver, but in no way shape or form was it dirty.
Sure was a lot of cheers after matt wrecked him and drivers calling him out about driver code. In this case couple drivers calling him out again on Twitter

Sure was a lot of cheers after matt wrecked him and drivers calling him out about driver code. In this case couple drivers calling him out again on Twitter

Those are the fans that would cheer two drunk guys beating the **** out of each other. What drivers got into Joey? Missed that.

Back
Top Bottom