Kurt Busch appreciation thread

At least two sides to vitrtually every divorce story and it can be an awful thing to go through (well perhaps a wonderful thing for some).

I hope the final outcome is beneficial to both and I hope goes it quietly and privately mostly under the rader for the good of both.
The gossiping side is good for the internet but for nothing else.

However if Ashley needs to post lots of herself in sock fitting crease adhering white wimmins Equestrian pants images on the net to help with her cowgirl healing it should be nurtured encouraged.
Cause Greg cares.
Pretty sure Kurt won't look at another horse as long as he lives not to mention if he sees another pair of equestrian seat covers.

Gowd, my Spidey senses have been on track the past couple of months. She's not been at the races near as much this season, nor on his Instagram and I just had a feeling.. I notice these things.

Oh and yeah, her family is rich, rich.

I hope she wasn't the stabilizing anchor of the new Kurt. I associated his marriage with his change. I hope I'm completely, off the wall, wrong.

She wasn't. They met and married in 2015 or 2016. Kurt Busch didn't get any wins in 2013 but he was in the #78 Chevrolet with Furniture Row Racing and got them into the chase. There was a lot of talk then about how good of a job he was doing, how he had matured, and the next thing you know Gene Haas offered him a ride in the 41 car for the following season. He helped set up FRR on a path that ended up with Truex Jr winning a championship.

Reactions: Pat
dysfunctiondemotivator_grande.jpg

Well if I had Kurts money I wouldn't have to tie a bone around my neck to get the dog to play with me.

I hesitate with this, whether it's Kurt or anyone else. It's a huge generalization.

First of all it was a joke, sort of BUT, whether it's wives, girlfriends, crew chiefs or car owners, once you gone through as many as he has, sometimes you have to look in mirror and say "maybe I'm the problem". On the other hand, have a friend that while he may or may not actually be the problem himself, has always been attracted to women that were. Most of these women I can see red flags the first time I meet them, but he never seems to.

Eh my first marriage when I was a wee lad was a microcosm of this. She was from a rich family, My money became theirs, I had to bail lol. I learned at a very young age most rich people are that way because they are ruthless creatures. She's family.

1653061930018.png

I don't think so especially now that he's single.
Not like I know the guy, but I would think it's good that this 45 car came together when it did. Imagine if Kurt had retired at the end of last season and then got divorced months later? Might be a good coping mechanism to stay driving and stay focused on something productive.

Not like I know the guy, but I would think it's good that this 45 car came together when it did. Imagine if Kurt had retired at the end of last season and then got divorced months later? Might be a good coping mechanism to stay driving and stay focused on something productive.
I agree with this. He'll still be in pain from the divorce but racing will save him. That sounds dramatic but you get the idea. We all know he LOVES racing.

First of all it was a joke, sort of BUT, whether it's wives, girlfriends, crew chiefs or car owners, once you gone through as many as he has, sometimes you have to look in mirror and say "maybe I'm the problem". On the other hand, have a friend that while he may or may not actually be the problem himself, has always been attracted to women that were. Most of these women I can see red flags the first time I meet them, but he never seems to.
Dear God. Relationship advice from Racing Forum? Who cares? I have said it a million times, we have a right to judge a driver's brand. The rest of it....who ****** cares? I have plenty of role models none of which drive race cars. Kurt won in one of MY Toyotas last week....he is my hero until the next Toyota driver wins. I don't give **** one about what he does outside of the track as long as he isn't breaking the law, spewing hate, or hurting people.

How many more races can he miss before he loses his playoff eligibility?
He should be fine as long as there aren’t more than 16 winners, because he’ll have a waiver through the end of the regular season. He’d have to lose something like 55 points per race to Lajoie to fall out of the top 30 and that won’t happen.

Worst case scenario the playoffs come and he still hasn’t been cleared and there might be a decision to make for NASCAR.

He should be fine as long as there aren’t more than 16 winners, because he’ll have a waiver through the end of the regular season. He’d have to lose something like 55 points per race to Lajoie to fall out of the top 30 and that won’t happen.

Worst case scenario the playoffs come and he still hasn’t been cleared and there might be a decision to make for NASCAR.
I wonder if he will make it back at all....

This is eerily similar to Dale Juniors situation. I’m sure Kurt is suffering from an accumulation of concussions from all of his years of racing, and this one is the straw that broke the camels back. I think he will recover and finish out the season in the playoffs, and then he will retire and hand over the keys to the 45 with the Monster sponsorship to his brother Kyle. This a very likely scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say I'm a big Kurt fan, nor know his medical history, but this another one of these deals like the one with Jr. I'd rather they retire and we can still enjoy them on the media side than have them hurt any further and we completely lose them from the sport.

Unfortunate for him and the pending divorce on top of this. I hope he has some good people around him.

My gut tells me Kurt is seriously considering retiring after this season. He put his big NC house up for sale. Then he self sponsors his Vegas car to tip his hat to an important back in the day sponsor. Maybe CGR didn't have the car sold for that race but still. I could see Kurt riding off into the sunset to watch his wife's polo matches and take her IG bikini photos.
I highly doubt watching the polo matches as they are divorcing.

Kind of hate to say this, but if he doesn't race anymore of the regular season races and then he is cleared for the first playoff race, it's not going to go over well with the conspiracy crowd. We already know that there are only two more races that he might race before the playoffs and man, I would think getting back in at Daytona at this point might not be a wise choice.

Injury does not impact playoff eligibility anywhere else.

Why would NASCAR be different?

Kind of hate to say this, but if he doesn't race anymore of the regular season races and then he is cleared for the first playoff race, it's not going to go over well with the conspiracy crowd. We already know that there are only two more races that he might race before the playoffs and man, I would think getting back in at Daytona at this point might not be a wise choice.
He has made the first round of 3 races regardless.

Back
Top Bottom