Kyle Busch is 20 wins Away From Tying Richard Petty at 200.

Oh this again...

Nobody is trying to discredit Kyle, but lets be real. No one gives a crap about all of his Xfinity and Truck wins, he's won 40 races and thats a hell of an accomplishment. Especially in this era of racing where the field is closer. Its like comparing Jordan's six championships to Bill Russell's eleven, at the end of the day both are champions and greats in their respected ages. Same with Kyle Busch and Richard Petty.
Perspective, man, perspective.

What an era. Jimmie Johnson trying to get #8, and Kyle chasing 200 NASCAR series wins.

please try to find ways to enjoy what is happening even if you like other drivers. This is incredible.

And all the races have names !!! no more untitled podunk crap for Nascar :bounce::pbjtime:

And some young kid showed up that never raced a truck before....... and Kyle Busch showed up......

Kyle discovered one of those youngsters at a late model race .......... gave him the tools to win a Nascar truck championship !!! That same young man led many laps at Bristol last night. Kyle Busch has given much to Nascar

Oh this again...

Nobody is trying to discredit Kyle, but lets be real. No one gives a crap about all of his Xfinity and Truck wins, he's won 40 races and thats a hell of an accomplishment. Especially in this era of racing where the field is closer. Its like comparing Jordan's six championships to Bill Russell's eleven, at the end of the day both are champions and greats in their respected ages. Same with Kyle Busch and Richard Petty.
The statement about the xfinity and truck wins is nail on the head.

I got 350 wins in backyard lawnmower derby. The GOAT has arrived, fellers.

Back in the day at the $1.50 go cart track, we set up a 10 race tournament. Everybody drew starting positions and points were awarded per finish.
Well, well I won 5 of them, the last 4 in a row.

Was the 2014 RFYFLleague champion, and the 2013 RF chase champion too.

Oh this again...

Nobody is trying to discredit Kyle, but lets be real. Lot of folks gives a crap about all of his Xfinity and Truck wins, he's won 40 races and thats a hell of an accomplishment. Especially in this era of racing where the field is closer. Its like comparing Jordan's six championships to Bill Russell's eleven, at the end of the day both are champions and greats in their respected ages. Same with Kyle Busch and Richard Petty.

:fixed:

I mean, is the issue really total wins??

While JJ was winning 7 championships, he could have cared less about running in the Xfinity series...same with Dale Sr, Gordon. Where do you think those guys would be if they had run trucks and AA races every single week? We wouldn't even be talking about Kyle Bush if they had run as much as he had.

Championships matter.

I mean, is the issue really total wins??

While JJ was winning 7 championships, he could have cared less about running in the Xfinity series...same with Dale Sr, Gordon. Where do you think those guys would be if they had run trucks and AA races every single week? We wouldn't even be talking about Kyle Bush if they had run as much as he had.
...but Petty is a part of the conversation.
This is why you can't compare drivers in different eras.
NASCAR has jostled the points and championship formats so much that you can't even compare modern day championships.
IMO, Champion hasn't meant anything since 2003. Now we have "playoffs"...LOL.

...but Petty is a part of the conversation.
This is why you can't compare drivers in different eras.
NASCAR has jostled the points and championship formats so much that you can't even compare modern day championships.
IMO, Champion hasn't meant anything since 2003. Now we have "playoffs"...LOL.

I don't disagree with this. Championships are going to be very hard to come by from here on our until they change it back to just "the points" era. Would we then have a steroid era in NASCAR for the Chase with a big asterix?

I guess I see way too much variance in the "wins" argument. I just think other drivers could have done the exact same thing as what Bush is doing. JJ, Gordon, Dale Sr, and probably a few others had they run 900+ races by the time they were in their early 30's would probably destroy the 200 win mark. I mean, look what JJ has in Sprint/Monster alone.

This 200 win mark is very skewed imo. For all the reasons mentioned...but if people want that to be the standard then so be it...it's more of a longevity/races run stat more than anything else.

I don't disagree with this. Championships are going to be very hard to come by from here on our until they change it back to just "the points" era. Would we then have a steroid era in NASCAR for the Chase with a big asterix?

I guess I see way too much variance in the "wins" argument. I just think other drivers could have done the exact same thing as what Bush is doing. JJ, Gordon, Dale Sr, and probably a few others had they run 900+ races by the time they were in their early 30's would probably destroy the 200 win mark. I mean, look what JJ has in Sprint/Monster alone.

This 200 win mark is very skewed imo. For all the reasons mentioned...but if people want that to be the standard then so be it...it's more of a longevity/races run stat more than anything else.
Jimmie tried the Busch series but for some reason didn't have much success. Brad and Joey haven't been very successful in the other series' either. I used to enjoy watching Mark run the Winn-Dixie car in the Busch series.
Kyle just likes to race.

I think the other question is, what is the "official" record book saying about wins.

I went to MRN website and they list Petty with 200 NASCAR wins and Bush with 39 (40 now). So is it only NBC that's pushing this?

I think the other question is, what is the "official" record book saying about wins.

I went to MRN website and they list Petty with 200 NASCAR wins and Bush with 39 (40 now). So is it only NBC that's pushing this?
Some of Petty's wins were on dirt, some were at small tracks against primarily local drivers.
Jayski's still has all time wins listed. Outdated..
http://www.jayski.com/stats/alltimewins.htm#alltime

If the goat has arrived, you don't need the mower anymore. Just let him eat the grass.

Marcus got a head start a couple of years ago:
ncf_a_osuoregonts16_600x400.jpg

:D

Come on folks! Time will tell the ultimate story on KB. His record and performance is impressive to date. He is hardly close to being named the GOAT. Frankly I agree that there is no single "greatest". There is, in my opinion, the top of the mountain for NASCAR drivers, where the very best get to reside. Your face goes on that mountaintop after enough time or accomplishments have passed for fair judgement. So far, Petty, Earnhardt and Johnson are carved in. There is a LARGE group of great drivers below that peak. Kyle is nearly in that group now, but he needs another Cup Championship to be there. Getting to the mountaintop? Still a long ways to go.

I agree that many of Petty's win came where the competition was limited. But they were limited because Petty drove winning race cars. Others could have done the same, they jst didn't put forth the effort.
Earnhardt won 7 championships and many of those years he had stiff competition, mainly because RR didn't have the best equipment only the best driver. But this era is over and you can't compare Dale to Richard and neither of them could be compared to JJ. He is the master of the past system and 1.5 mile tracks.
Now we have a new system, I call it the lottery system. Keven Harvick was the first, Kyle Bush is the second and JJ became the third which gets added to his previous championships.
None of these champions can be compared to any other champion from by gone eras.
I would go so far as to say using the term champion is just wrong in every sense.
Winning or finishing first in one race does not make you a champion.
KH and KB are not champions.

I agree that many of Petty's win came where the competition was limited. But they were limited because Petty drove winning race cars. Others could have done the same, they jst didn't put forth the effort.
Earnhardt won 7 championships and many of those years he had stiff competition, mainly because RR didn't have the best equipment only the best driver. But this era is over and you can't compare Dale to Richard and neither of them could be compared to JJ. He is the master of the past system and 1.5 mile tracks.
Now we have a new system, I call it the lottery system. Keven Harvick was the first, Kyle Bush is the second and JJ became the third which gets added to his previous championships.
None of these champions can be compared to any other champion from by gone eras.
I would go so far as to say using the term champion is just wrong in every sense.
Winning or finishing first in one race does not make you a champion.
KH and KB are not champions.
:XXROFL:

Jimmie tried the Busch series but for some reason didn't have much success. Brad and Joey haven't been very successful in the other series' either. I used to enjoy watching Mark run the Winn-Dixie car in the Busch series.
Kyle just likes to race.

93 races ....... one win for Johnson. better he stick to cup

I'm dead, this has to be the most ridiculous comment.

Cmon Kyle, you can do better than this.

One win in 93 races is terrible dude !!! I have watched Johnson drive Xfinity cars and it isn't pretty. Of course there are folks that say "he didn't try to win" ...... apparently just made laps and wasted fuel.
No ... I can't do better ... I quoted the record book ........ 1 in 93 :idunno:

Kyle won 91 out of 337

One win in 93 races is terrible dude !!! I have watched Johnson drive Xfinity cars and it isn't pretty. Of course there are folks that say "he didn't try to win" ...... apparently just made laps and wasted fuel.

Unlike Kyle, Jimmie focused strictly on Cup.

Jimmie raced with a small team in Herzog, hell the team was sponsorless most of the time and I remembered Jimmie dogging the **** out of those cars most of the time. I'll still take 83 cup wins over 130+ Xfinity and Truck wins. Hell, Kyle didn't even win with his own Xfinity team it took Coach to having to rag the cars out all the time and put money forth. Cmon dude.

Kyle won 91 out of 337
Who cares what a college football player's record is when he has 7 superbowl rings... Same principle applies IMO

Unlike Kyle, Jimmie focused strictly on Cup.

Jimmie raced with a small team in Herzog, hell the team was sponsorless most of the time and I remembered Jimmie dogging the sh!t out of those cars most of the time. I'll still take 83 cup wins over 130+ Xfinity and Truck wins. Hell, Kyle didn't even win with his own Xfinity team it took Coach to having to rag the cars out all the time and put money forth. Cmon dude.

He raced 93 races and won 1 .............. that's a fact you can't change. The cup series is just another series ....... I watch them all and will sometimes attend the Xfinity race rather than the cup race.

Except that Cup, Xfin and Trucks are NASCAR's Pro Series'.
College football isn't Pro football.
Principle is the key word there... I'll put it plainly, who cares how terrible someone's record is in a lower tier series when you've won the cup 7 times and won 83 races in the top tier series no combination needed.

Ok I'll put it plainly, who cares how terrible someone's record is in a lower tier series when you've won the cup 7 times and won 83 races in the top tier series no combination needed.
The Cup Trophy came out of a Cracker Jack box after 2003.

Principle is the key word there... I'll put it plainly, who cares how terrible someone's record is in a lower tier series when you've won the cup 7 times and won 83 races in the top tier series no combination needed.

I do .... I respect Xfinity drivers too

Back
Top Bottom