Features - 68
Wins - 8
Top 5 - 54
Top 10 - 64

Spin Count - 16
Wall Hits - 7
DNFs - 12
Flips - 1

NO WALL HITS OR SPIN OUTS IN 2008!!! 1 DNF IN 2008!!

two weeks of updates

4-17 - Camden

Draw: forgot...lol
Heat: 1
Feature: 2

4-24 - Camden

Draw: n/a
Heat: 5
Feature: 3

Here is the kicker on tonight. I drew #6 but was the lone ranger in the class. So i ended up running with the street stocks (or pure street.....i dont remember..to many damn classes) well they taged me in the rear. I started dead freekin last. 7 orther cars were in the class. I ended up 5th. I started 5th in the feature and moved up to the 3rd spot. I was Just as fast as the leaders, but i got held back with the orther cars, but my little 4cly 2.3 Quad 4 140 CI (or so) whooped up on some small block V8's (350, 355) I think if i could of got around the orther cars sooner i could of gave em a run for their money and trophy. I was about 1/2 a stright be hind the winner, so i was not that far. So I think we got a pretty damn good car!

:D

Sure wish Smokey Yunick was still around to see it

Sounds like you're getting all the kinks out of the car.
Good luck. Did you decide to run for points or skip around to different tracks?

"my little 4cly 2.3 Quad 4 140 CI (or so)"

:D Spoken as a true racer!!!!!:D

Thank ya! To tell the truth it sit in the garage or shop all winter. We changed oil, front tires around. Then each week put gas in it and play with the fuel pressure. That's the truth. And no one belives it! :)

If I remember a 2.2 is 134ci. I know it's alitele more then 6cc per litter. So 134+6 is 140. We might of bored it out a little. But I've got around 350hp in it. I'm building a new motor. It's a 2.3 and some.....;)

I've been accoused of having an V6 and yes even a V8. Even tho the 3.1l is 100 pounds heaver and 30 less horsepower the the quad 4 HO.

But as a true racer I won't tell the truth about what's in the motor. Just pull a smokey and say alright you sons of *****es let's have a race. I'll race anyone. Hell put me with the open wheels or lates. Yeah it's halfway stupid. But I'll race anyone. And I proved that last night

Sorry for the worse the normal grammer and spelling. I'm on my phone doing this.

I got my new belts!! IMPACT!!! :D:D
Got a Helmet blower off a buddy, and my new helmet should be in tomorrow!!

It's Christmas in spring time!! I now need to save up and get my camera to film in car action!!

Hey SST55, Im like Smokey....i'll tell ya one thing so you will look at it and by pass the good stuff! :growl::D;)

One ex) try to find the battary on my car. No one has been able to find it yet untell we tell em. :D

I got my new belts!! IMPACT!!! :D:D
Got a Helmet blower off a buddy, and my new helmet should be in tomorrow!!

It's Christmas in spring time!! I now need to save up and get my camera to film in car action!!

Hey SST55, Im like Smokey....i'll tell ya one thing so you will look at it and by pass the good stuff! :growl::D;)

One ex) try to find the battary on my car. No one has been able to find it yet untell we tell em. :D
running magneto ignitiion with external starter? :p

It's got an battary on it. You just can see it unless you look really hard. It's a Red Top so it's pretty good size.

You have to give the tech inspection guys something to find, it makes them feel loved and wanted.:p

You have to give the tech inspection guys something to find, it makes them feel loved and wanted.:p

Some of the tech guys I've seen don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. :) I've pulled the rules out and said "show me in the rules where it's illegal"

I also don't run an alternator. What I tell you on here anyone can see at the track. So it's no secret. I just won't tell the good stuff.

really? Well i guess a 65 pound battery should be able to run for half an hour...although i'd rather have a yellow top for that circumstance...

how many parts have to come off to get to the battery?

The auto parts people and orther racers told us to use the red top. It had all the numbers that dad wanted. We charge it at the track. Had to cut the top post off to get it to fit.

It's in a battay box. thats it. ;)

RACES RAINED OUT TONIGHT

Clarksville
Draw 6
Heat no heat
Feature - 9 dnf

As soon as the green flew a 1st time driver started go get lose he then spins and starts going up the track. Hits me head on, on my left front wheel. I hit wall.

Clarksville
Draw 6
Heat no heat
Feature - 9 dnf

As soon as the green flew a 1st time driver started go get lose he then spins and starts going up the track. Hits me head on, on my left front wheel. I hit wall.

What class do you run?

4192_560048687887_210604371_33186132_2490541_n.jpg

That's where i got hit. It was an L-Bone i guess, it went down the whole car but the rest is just a little yellow paint on the car.

4192_560048742777_210604371_33186133_2162851_n.jpg

4192_560048797667_210604371_33186134_8044153_n.jpg

n210604371_33186136_3767328.jpg

4192_560048952357_210604371_33186138_6526202_n.jpg

4192_560049017227_210604371_33186140_6173480_n.jpg

4192_560049131997_210604371_33186142_2585091_n.jpg

4192_560049062137_210604371_33186141_4426416_n.jpg

I love idiot reporters.....

Saturday Night Racing
Tyler O’Donnell

After a rain out of the dirt track races last weekend, the street, vintage cars, open wheel, late model, and pure mini/mini mod, got back into action on Saturday, May 9th, at Clarksville Speedway.

The action began with qualifying followed by a run of hot laps. Then the mini-mod feature opened up the main event after the opening ceremonies. Right from the start, there was a two car crash involving the 11A car of Nick Alexander and the 21 of Justin Smith. Smith hit the wall pretty hard as it appeared as though Alexander clipped him. The 10 car of Michael Rittenberry made his way through the field as the race resumed and eventually took the lead and held it. The top three finishers as the race concluded were Rittenberry, Larry Seabourn, and Gavin Schmidt.

The feature events, which consist of more cars and more laps, took place after the heat races. In the UMP crate late model feature, it was Jason Jones with his first win of the year. Jones avoided the four cautions that plagued the race. The racing was bumper to bumper nearly all the way. Jones finished in front of second place finisher Caleb Ashby and third place finisher Bryan Singleton, but after post race inspection Jones was DQ for having the wrong shocks on the car. The next feature event was the outlaw mini sprints. Chris Hunter took home the 65 points for first place, followed closely by Ben Rushing and Dwayne P. Emberton.

Following the mini sprints, was the UMP pro street feature. Larry Barber Jr. was up in smoke on the first lap, most likely a blown engine, and finished last. The caution filled race eventually saw Dustin Butler as the winner. Jakob McKinney finished second and Mitchell Lingauer third. For the UMP street feature, 21 cars raced in the event. It was the most for any of the races this Saturday. With the race being only 12 laps, drivers were trying to scurry through the pack, making some risky moves. There was a five car pileup, shortly after the drop of the green flag. That wreck halted the race for nearly 10 minutes as the cleanup crew had to come in and make sure the drivers involved in the wreck were okay. Nobody was injured. Besides that wreck, it was relatively a caution free period the rest of the way. Ronnie Hedgepath was the eventual winner, followed by Floyd Clinard Jr, and Stacy Tretter.

In the UMP open wheel feature, 17 drivers tried to win the $450 payoff. The one that did it was Randle Sweeney. He won the open wheel dash earlier in the night as well. In the pure mini stock feature, it was Michael Rittenbury again, who took the win. Jeffery Rittenbury looked like the winner throughout most of race until he got tangled up with the 83 car of Justin Booth. That sent the two careening towards the wall. They both would finish the race, but not where they would have liked to. Booth finished six, while Jeffery Rittenbury finished ninth respectively.

The last event of the night was the UMP Late Model feature. The event saw many cautions, possibly because of the slick and smooth surface from the other races. Drivers had their hands full with their cars, trying to get as much grip possible going into the corner. You could see the drivers hands just fighting to keep the car from spinning out. Unfortunately, many of them did. Six cars had DNF’s, while others just simply tried to survive the 20 lap event. One driver that did a lot more than just survive was Jason McBride who went on to win. Not only did he win, but he led all the laps and took home the $1,000 prize. Chuck Proctor finished second and Terry English escaped with a third place finish.

Come check out Clarksville Speedway next Saturday as the Kids foot races/ Mini Sprints $2000 will be run. It will be just another weekend of high intense action at the dirt track oval.

Thank you!

I'm pretty much going to stick to Camden going to go for a championship. I should be leading the points. In october I may put in another motor (single over head cam) and run at a three day show at I-55 near st louis.

I am ready to see some pics from last night. The car was so good I could drive with one hand. I still kept both on the wheel. But a few times in 1&2 I gave the guy taking pics a thumbs up. =>

Thank you!

I'm pretty much going to stick to Camden going to go for a championship. I should be leading the points. In october I may put in another motor (single over head cam) and run at a three day show at I-55 near st louis.

I have some friends that work at I-55. They love it.

Back
Top Bottom