Lappy's racing up-dates!

8-30-08

Clarksville Speedway

Draw - 3
Heat - 1
Feature - 1

Lead 6/8 Laps of Heat
Lead 12/12 of feature

Lap traffic almost cost me the race, but i pulled it off!

pretty much 1/2 tracked em in the heat!! Its my 1st heat win at Clarksville!!

5th place at Clarksville. 86 or so out of 1st.
Basicaly i can win the heat and feature for the next 5/6 races and still come up short. It will take the top two cars missing a race to help me catch up.

UMP, last i checked the website would not load.

n769980092_4063718_5647.jpg

n769980092_4063736_1353.jpg

no one told me they was taking a photo and someone was talking to me!

n769980092_4063814_3491.jpg

Tryed to use the shoutbox for live updates via my cell phone, but it did not work.

Heat - 2
Feature - 2

(feature) I started 3rd. We had about 3 or 4 starts, because someone would wreck or something would happan before we would make a lap. The 1st one when the green droped i went to the bottom to go for the lead. But the leader got loose and started to spin, so guess whos nose and right front tire was there? It did not cut the tire but did put a nice gash in it. Well we lined back up and had a nother wreck in the back of the pack. And im thinking we had one more bad start. I looked up at the score board and see 12, next time i seen 10. They cut us 2 laps. Remember that, cause it is very important. When we finaly got a good start we was off. I was getting held up by the car that i got togather win. There for a while there was 4 of us really close togather. With about 4 togo i finaly got around the 25 car. The leader has never been beat in a feature. With 2 to go i am on his rear. Im having to run low, but im comming out of 4 like a hoss, last lap i pull up beside him. we are neck and neck on the back strech. Comming out or four he pulls ahead. Lost by a car length. If we had ran the distance i would have got him. Turn four was were i was having problems. but i think i could of got him comming out of two that time and held him off. Everyone thought i was going to get him. But just got there a little too late. But it was still a good night.

Im 69 points out of the lead.
around 60 out of 2nd
12 out of 3rd
5 out of 4th
around 60 from falling down to 6th.
**round and about numbers**

UMP, no clue. lol

I still got all them Ford's wondering how a Chevy is taking names and kickin ass!!!

In two weeks we have our season championship race. It's added money and top 5 get a trophy.

Next season I will be driving for my own team at Paducah Int Raceway. Slick Nick Racing. Im not sure on the number yet. It will be 11, but will have a letter. s11, 11a, a11, 11s, e11. (Alexander Motorsports is really owned by dad)

I got some pics from the track, that im looking at the cam! haha. think i should send one in to John McCain?! :cool:

I did not know if it was my phone, or a server thingy mag

make this short and sweet

draw: 4
Heat 1 - 1
Feature - 1

Another flag to flag feature win! 12 laps!
lead 5/8 in Heat!

Makes 5 for the year, 4 at Clarksville!
6 Heat wins, 2 at clarksvilles
(1 feature and 4 heats at Camden)

3rd place in points. 60 out of 1st

Got RAN over under yellow in heat, bent my wheel but i kept trucking. Gave the guy a love tap in the back bumper tho.

I finaly stood on the edge of the drivers door in victory lane, everyone wanted me to do a backflip...but i parked to close to the fence on that side! haha :D

Thanks k-log! stinks ya'll had tracks close, hope gas will go back down and ya'll can get back to racing!

Clarksville has 4 more point races. and there is just one more week for ump points.

Thanks TRL!

I'm not racing for points. unless the top two cars miss a week, then i will be unable to get the 60 points to move up to 1st. I am 43 points out of 2nd. But i'm still going to do what my siggy says, and drive the wheels off and put on a good show!

As far as UMP goes, i will be on the phone with them today to find out why the non-paying members have not been droped! I also will be on the phone with Clarksville to talk about the rookie of the year. Im not listed as a rookie in the class and i should be.

this week is the seson championship race for my class. with the top 5 getting a trophy!

112 is around 5.80-8.00 depending when they got the shipment in and where you get it. I'm sure the 5.80 is rare. The guy that had it said when he got the new shipment in it was going up around 60 cents a gal.

I could run pump gas with octane boost. or Switch injectors and run it on alky. I'm thinking more on the last one.

Alan Johnson keeps the price in our area higher. It's always higher in our county than the surrounding counties. :(
that would do it.

Lappy, any fuel is going to be expensive right now. Heck, you could probably run CNG and almost break even if it werent for the extra safety req's.

My rules say "any fuel"

Draw - 5th

1st Start - went from 5th (3rd row inside) to 1st going in to turn one. Yellow came out.

2nd Start - was going for lead a 2nd place car spun i had no where to go. (this was the same guy i have had every major wreck with at clarksville, iv have a good looking car if not for this guy....)

Last start everything went well, i got held up by the car i got in a wreck with. Finaly got around him, but ran out of time. Got 2nd

Feature - 3rd. Had a fast car, was battling for the lead but got a vibration in the front and used my tires up and fell back. I ran 3rd the whole race.

Points - 3rd
57 out of 1st and 27 out of 2nd
3 point races left.

Last time i checked i was 90th in the nation and 17th in TN. (none members stiil have not been droped :mad: )

Did not have the nght i was hoping to have.

While going for the lead in the heat the leader spun out in front of me and never got a yellow.

Featuer o ran 2nd most of he night, but the car went down on power the last few laps and fell back to 6th but someone spun out and i was able to get 5th.

Heat 2
Feature 5

I gotta learn to fish around the track, the bottom as sucked the past 2 weeks. Ran 2nd for a while, but fell back last few laps! :(

-50 1st
-35 2nd
+ 77 over 4

I had a word with one driver. Maybe i should of kept my mouth shut, but im tired of this guy running me over. After a while, its no longer a racing deal.

One point race left. and i am 35 behind the guy i have been having problems with. and 50 out of the lead. I should be able to hold on to 3rd, would like to move up, but it will be hard.

I had a word with one driver. Maybe i should of kept my mouth shut, but im tired of this guy running me over. After a while, its no longer a racing deal.

One point race left. and i am 35 behind the guy i have been having problems with. and 50 out of the lead. I should be able to hold on to 3rd, would like to move up, but it will be hard.

LOL, I've had a word for more than one driver. It does get old and sometimes it's not a racing deal. This one driver every time he got near my brother he would wreck him.
At our track, the driver is responsible for the whole crew. I'm assuming that's how it is at most tracks. You will have to behave.

Good luck on the next race. :)

Stared the heat 4th, took lead on lap 2 or so.
Heat - 1
Feature - 2

Led every lap, but the last 2-3. He could not pass me clean, so he just about drove me in to the wall.

Did not race this past weekend.

I got 1-3 races left in 2008 and then I'll be done for the season.

Finished 3rd in points @ Clarksville.
Waiting on UMP to get there act togather.

I have desided to take most of the season off. I have a lot of work that needs to be done and not enough time to work on the cars and get them ready. It is turning in to more work then fun, so i am going to slow down this season and make a come back in 2010. If i happan to get a car ready i may race a few times this year but not enough to make a run for a championship. I am going to focus my time on school for now. I look forward to Comming back and making a run for track, state and a national championship in the years to come.

Thanks for all the support over the years!

"Slick" Nick Alexander

Back
Top Bottom