Montoya out of EGR in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Target doesn't care.. Juan is likable, Chip has worked with Target forever so it was an easy fit.

I think Target doesn't care.. Juan is likable, Chip has worked with Target forever so it was an easy fit.

maybe so ? but doubt "easy fit" was tha bottom line.
non a' these big corp's lay out tha big $$ 's ......unless tha marketin metrics back it up. yr by yr.
cost vs benefit.......

maybe so ? but doubt "easy fit" was tha bottom line.
non a' these big corp's lay out tha big $$ 's ......unless tha marketin metrics back it up. yr by yr.
cost vs benefit.......

You'd think Walmart would be in NASCAR before Target.

go ta bentonville walmart hdqtrs......then target's.........that's tha diff. ha!

diff marketin strategies.

I'm a big Juan fan and yes he can drive but rarely do drivers with his resume get a better second opportunity. There is no better Nascar ride available at the moment. The 78 is a special case, but they could be severing their ties with RCR. The 51 is now a new team. If Juan is able to stay in Nascar, he better be willing to take a pay cut. I'm not sure he's going to but just saying he's proven to be top 20 driver means very little at this stage of his career.

Montoya at Atlanta: Montoya has 10 career NSCS starts at Atlanta Motor Speedway with three top-five and four top-10 finishes. He has an average starting position of 16.2 and an average finishing position of 17.3. His best start of third came in 2010 and his best finish of third came in 2009 and 2010.

Can anyone named the drivers who have finished "THREE TOP FIVES" in the last 10 races in Atlanta ?

Kenseth, Johnson, Gordon, Kurt Busch, Stewart, Harvick, Burton, Kyle Busch, Juan P M, and Edwards.

10 races is a long time.

Here is the breakdown of the drivers who had finished TOP FIVES in Atlanta. Jimmie Johnson (5), Carl Edwards (5), Jeff Gordon (4), Tony Stewart (4), Matt Kenseth (4), Kevin Harvick (3), Kurt Bush (3), Kyle Bush (3), Jeff Burton (3), Juan Pablo Montoya (3), Kasey Kahne (2), Gregg Biffle (2), Dale Earnhart Jr. (1), Denny Hamlin (1), Paul Mennard (1), Reed Sorenson (1), Martin Truex Jr. (1), Brad Keselowski (1), Bryan Vickers (1), David Reutiman (1), Mark Martin (1). Not a bad company I think. As you can see, I do consider Montoya to be in good company considering he has kept up with the top 10 drivers in Nascar. If he does not get a ride in 2014, it will not be because of his driving. AMS is a high speed oval track and JP is not scare to put the pedal to the metal. Some people said he can´t drive fast in ovals ? He was 3rd at Bristol last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its because he hasn't won a lot of races. Its because there is better talent available and a lot of up and coming young guys. And last but certainly not least... its because he hit the jet dryer :D

If Montoya does well in Atlanta and Richmond, the phone will be ringing off the hook to talk to Juan Pablo Montoya. Nascar fans have learned to like his driving and that is a lot. You either love or hate Juan Pablo and there is nothing in between for sure.

Its because he hasn't won a lot of races. Its because there is better talent available and a lot of up and coming young guys. And last but certainly not least... its because he hit the jet dryer :D

Yes and it is the main reason why the US is the greatest place on earth to make "Dinero". "One man´s junk can be somebody else´s treasure".

Last edited by a moderator:
He could end up somewhere but there just doesn't seem to be much room for him. The only place I could think is the 51. Newman will end up in the 78. But I remember hearing a while ago that Nelson Piquet Jr was coming to cup next year. Now that the 51 team belongs to Turner/Scott.. I think he will be filling that seat. I just don't see anywhere for Montoya to go. If Newman wasn't available maybe..

If Montoya does well in Atlanta and Richmond, the phone will be ringing off the hook to talk to Juan Pablo Montoya. Nascar fans have learned to like his driving and that is a lot. You either love or hate Juan Pablo and there is nothing in between for sure.
In my opinion that's not true, there are a helluva lot of fans that feel as I do, sometimes I pull for him and sometimes I get annoyed at him, to me he is a good driver that is very very hard to pass and at times is fun to watch.

In my opinion that's not true, there are a helluva lot of fans that feel as I do, sometimes I pull for him and sometimes I get annoyed at him, to me he is a good driver that is very very hard to pass and at times is fun to watch.
Exactly, I was rooting for him to win at Richmond and Dover... but then comes times like Pocono II where he wrecks like a fool on turn Juan lap Juan.

He could end up somewhere but there just doesn't seem to be much room for him. The only place I could think is the 51. Newman will end up in the 78. But I remember hearing a while ago that Nelson Piquet Jr was coming to cup next year. Now that the 51 team belongs to Turner/Scott.. I think he will be filling that seat. I just don't see anywhere for Montoya to go. If Newman wasn't available maybe..
There will be a fast car for Juan Pablo. And by the way, he can still make the chase by winning the next two races.

After the penalty for speeding in the pits at Bristol, he passed 26 cars to end up at 3rd.

There is a lot of racing left this year. He is not done after Richmond.

Of all those Id actually give Menard and Almirola the best chances... but I really don't give them any chance at all of winning both races... I really don't even think any of them will win at all this season lol.

Of all those Id actually give Menard and Almirola the best chances... but I really don't give them any chance at all of winning both races... I really don't even think any of them will win at all this season lol.

I will not be putting my "Dinero" on any of them.

Here is the breakdown of the drivers who had finished TOP FIVES in Atlanta. Jimmie Johnson (5), Carl Edwards (5), Jeff Gordon (4), Tony Stewart (4), Matt Kenseth (4), Kevin Harvick (3), Kurt Bush (3), Kyle Bush (3), Jeff Burton (3), Juan Pablo Montoya (3), Kasey Kahne (2), Gregg Biffle (2), Dale Earnhart Jr. (1), Denny Hamlin (1), Paul Mennard (1), Reed Sorenson (1), Martin Truex Jr. (1), Brad Keselowski (1), Bryan Vickers (1), David Reutiman (1), Mark Martin (1). Not a bad company I think. As you can see, I do consider Montoya to be in good company considering he has kept up with the top 10 drivers in Nascar. If he does not get a ride in 2014, it will not be because of his driving. AMS is a high speed oval track and JP is not scare to put the pedal to the metal. Some people said he can´t drive fast in ovals ? He was 3rd at Bristol last week.

If its not because of his driving then what is it? The only reason I can see for him not being resigned is his driving performance.

I understand you're a fan of his but surely you can't be using his stats to say he's a great driver, his stats are entirely unimpressive. Heck his teammate Mcmurray had more wins in one season for EGR than Juan had his entire NASCAR career.

If its not because of his driving then what is it? The only reason I can see for him not being resigned is his driving performance.

I understand you're a fan of his but surely you can't be using his stats to say he's a great driver, his stats are entirely unimpressive. Heck his teammate Mcmurray had more wins in one season for EGR than Juan had his entire NASCAR career.
That was an impressive season for Jamie.. lol... at least I focus mainly on what I believe my driver will do... not what he has... well, also what he is doing now..

There are 43 cars for 43 drivers. I do believe that Montoya is not the worst of the 43. We will see.

By now, Montoya knows a lot about the Gen-6 cars. He is not going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom