NASCAR announces 2019 MENCS rules

But NASCAR let's them do they not?
IMSA would let them in, or IndyCar, or any of several other series. Toyota has several series they could choose to compete in; how is it the fault of any of those sanctioning bodies as to which one the manufacturer does or does not choose?

If you're discussing the revived Supra, that sucker belongs over in IMSA where it will be permitted / required to run much closer to what comes out of the factory. That's where the Mustang belongs too, and I wish the Camaro was still in that series. If you're going to market a sports car or muscle car, run it where it can strut its stuff.
IMSA Acura...
IMSA Acura.jpg

IMSA Nissan...
IMSA Nissan.jpg

IMSA Cadillac...
IMSA Cadillac.jpg

The teams voted for it, allegedly.

I sometimes ask myself why a team would spend millions on engine and aero development and then allow NASCAR to nullify it with a restrictor plate and some glory holes on the front of the car. I'm not a genius like everyone else is on NASCAR forums so it's hard to know.
There are 13 teams in RTA, the majority of which would benefit from a sort of auto racing welfare package. I don't think teams like SHR and JGR would have voted for it, but members such as Premium, Germain, Go FAS, JTG-D? Absolutely.

If you're discussing the revived Supra, that sucker belongs over in IMSA where it will be permitted / required to run much closer to what comes out of the factory. That's where the Mustang belongs too, and I wish the Camaro was still in that series. If you're going to market a sports car or muscle car, run it where it can strut its stuff.
FWIW the Camaro and Mustang GT4 cars compete in IMSA's Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge (Michelin Pilot Challenge from 2019 onwards).

slower acceleration?? most drivers just burn off the rear tire trying to go faster.
3 wide in the corners is going to make someone lift.

It didn't sometimes during the ARCA race at Kansas, it was pretty wild when they were going for it. Sometimes one would give up on the game of chicken and back off, but they were right back after it on the straights. I think the slower speeds will give the 1.5's better racing They are going to have to wheel it.

FWIW the Camaro and Mustang GT4 cars compete in IMSA's Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge (Michelin Pilot Challenge from 2019 onwards).
Thanks. I don't get to look at the [insert current Tire Manufacturer sponsor] series very often. Keeping up with NASCAR's three national series, WeatherTech, and Indy's top level Verizon series are all I can handle. Indeed, I usually record WT races and don't get to them for a week or two; those are the ones I'm least likely to see the results in media.

This is one of the things I don't like about a variety of configurations: I can't keep 'em straight. What determines which tracks get ducts?

Didn't Jones do the Charlotte test? Kind of odd that here he is again at another 1.5.

Maybe I will be able to tell the difference when they all get on the track, hard to tell from those clips, they looked ok to me. If they get lined up and play follow the leader that will suck after all of the work they put in. I did see one clip where they went side by side thru turn one. For Atlanta that is saying a lot.

You got all of that from that short video? You've got a good eye for speed.
I've stood exactly where that video was shot as recent as this past February and have never seen them crawl thru the corner at Atlanta the way they did in that video or the other videos floating around.

I think we've all watched enough racing to be able to spot a difference in speed, if someone wants to act like they can't or say it doesn't matter then that's another story. Just like they were visibly slower in the All-Star Race.

I've stood exactly where that video was shot as recent as this past February and have never seen them crawl thru the corner at Atlanta the way they did in that video or the other videos floating around.

I think we've all watched enough racing to be able to spot a difference in speed, if someone wants to act like they can't or say it doesn't matter then that's another story. Just like they were visibly slower in the All-Star Race.
So you're trying to tell me you can get the same sensation of speed from a video as you do at the track? Come on man

I guess if you don't factor in faster cornering speeds that make sense. It is all relative to me. I don't think I can be positive about much if any of it until I see them race. But some really are. Whatever

Guys listen to what the drivers said. Those are awfully honest and positive answers. It’s kinda like reading reviews on GolfAdvisor, lol listen to the people who are playing the course

Back
Top Bottom