NASCAR announces 2019 MENCS rules

I really hope we're not going to go disqualify drivers two weeks after a race. IMO, if you leave with the win, you keep it, period.

Dunno man. If there is an engine issue, I don't know how they can't.

I really hope we're not going to go disqualify drivers two weeks after a race. IMO, if you leave with the win, you keep it, period.
Not necessarily. Miller said that the engines will be inspected at R&D after their duty cycle. Could be two weeks or more in my mind.

here guys Only part I am confused on is that 70 points for each race or 70 points total for both?

This was last year's L2 they aren't doing suspensions this year, but an L2 can get pretty severe for an illegal engine

With an L2 penalty, the maximum fine is increased to $200,000. In that case, a maximum point penalty is 75 points. And a suspension in this category ranges from 4-6 races.

There haven't been any sealed engine penalties since they started it, and I doubt there will be any this year. an L2 is almost a death sentence.

here guys Only part I am confused on is that 70 points for each race or 70 points total for both?

This was last year's L2 they aren't doing suspensions this yearbut an L2 can get pretty severe for an illegal engine

With an L2 penalty, the maximum fine is increased to $200,000. In that case, a maximum point penalty is 75 points. And a suspension in this category ranges from 4-6 races.

It will never happen but carry on:confused::p:eek:

Hope I did that to specs

any door will do, two door more door, sounds like sports cars?

Looking ahead to 2021, O’Donnell confirmed NASCAR is moving forward with its Generation 7 car and speaking with other auto manufacturers looking at joining Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota. He confirmed one such meeting with an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) is taking place tomorrow.
“I think you will see us be much more open,” O’Donnell said, about not being locked-in on sedans vehicles. This was done with the new Supra being fielded in the Xfinity Series by Toyota. “We are not going to make the mistake where we chase new OEMs (like other racing series) with rules that are detrimental with the current partners. We will rely on current OEMs first.”

http://kickinthetires.net/index.php...eware-you-will-lose-the-win-money-trophy-etc/

I think this is great.

I'm now taking bets on which big team will get the first DQ'd win. Double winnings if you can pick the 2nd place car that ends up with the win.

I'll go with Childers, he can't stop himself. With the win and your in thing, the new penalty won't be enough. They can make it up just like they did last year.

This slipped thru the cracks. Cup wackers almost have achieved amateur status in the lower series. :p

Driver Participation Guidelines - If a Cup driver wins Xfinity or Truck race, that team owner does not get to use that to get into the owners championship playoffs. no playoff points either. Cup drivers can compete in 7 NXS races and 5 NGOTS races, but not in Dash 4 Cash, Triple Truck Challenge or playoff races.

There haven't been any sealed engine penalties since they started it, and I doubt there will be any this year. an L2 is almost a death sentence.

But if there is an engine penalty the driver keeps the win? Do I understand this correctly? How the hell could that be?

But if there is an engine penalty the driver keeps the win? Do I understand this correctly? How the hell could that be?
Because teams use sealed engines for two races, it’s possible a race-winning engine could be on its first race and not be inspected at the R&D Center until it is run a second time. Should a violation be found after an engine is run a second time, there will not be a disqualification because NASCAR does not want to alter the results from a race weeks or months earlier with that engine. Instead, NASCAR will issue an L2 penalty (75 points, six-race suspension of crew chief or other team members and fine between $100,000 – $200,000 and finish will not count toward playoff eligibility or determining the champion in final race) and apply it to both races. https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/long-nascar-makes-a-decision-worth-celebrating/

NASCAR Marketing should call suspensions "Family Time Vacations".

Fines should be referred to as "Generous competitors giving back to the sport".

sell it like social justice to Generation Next...

Because teams use sealed engines for two races, it’s possible a race-winning engine could be on its first race and not be inspected at the R&D Center until it is run a second time. Should a violation be found after an engine is run a second time, there will not be a disqualification because NASCAR does not want to alter the results from a race weeks or months earlier with that engine. Instead, NASCAR will issue an L2 penalty (75 points, six-race suspension of crew chief or other team members and fine between $100,000 – $200,000 and finish will not count toward playoff eligibility or determining the champion in final race) and apply it to both races. https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/long-nascar-makes-a-decision-worth-celebrating/

...and that is categorically stupid. You mess with the Holy Trinity, and because it would be messy, you go L2? Really? Stupid. You either want to go big ball or you don't. I hate that. Horrid. Mess with the engine, and you are encumbered. You thought that went away? It didn't. Dumb.

It sounds like NASCAR’s current fan base is feeling loved by the bone tossed their way today.

Will these changes cause you to attend more races or introduce a friend to the series? Will these changes and the 2019 rules entice millennials to give the series a look see? Is anyone outside of the immediate fan base aware of these doings?

NASCAR Marketing should call suspensions "Family Time Vacations".

Fines should be referred to as "Generous competitors giving back to the sport".

sell it like social justice to Generation Next...

I like it......I like it a lot! Who wouldn’t want a few weeks off between June and August?

...and that is categorically stupid. You mess with the Holy Trinity, and because it would be messy, you go L2? Really? Stupid. You either want to go big ball or you don't. I hate that. Horrid. Mess with the engine, and you are encumbered. You thought that went away? It didn't. Dumb.

On the positive side we probably won’t see this issue come up and if so it won’t be a big deal to those penalized. On the negative side this is textbook Nascar stupidity and double talk

I posted it three different times, it's pretty simple, it is a death sentence. lose 150 points, as much as 200,000 bucks twice, and they don't get credit for the finish OR the points. Squawk

Will these changes cause you to attend more races or introduce a friend to the series? Will these changes and the 2019 rules entice millennials to give the series a look see? Is anyone outside of the immediate fan base aware of these doings?

If the forum had a drinking game where you take a drink every time @IanMcVittie attempts to steer every single thread back toward his obsession, we'd all be dead from alcohol poisoning.

This is ostensibly a message board catering to the "immediate fan base". A set of technical rule changes and initiatives are announced, and the pertinent subject is what people who don't follow the sport think of them? Seriously?

If the forum had a drinking game where you take a drink every time @IanMcVittie attempts to steer every single thread back toward his obsession, we'd all be dead from alcohol poisoning.

This is ostensibly a message board catering to the "immediate fan base". A set of technical rule changes and initiatives are announced, and the pertinent subject is what people who don't follow the sport think of them? Seriously?
He's a super fan ya know

The advanced Vehicle chassis came about because of the in car damage cameras. It is mainly a stiffening in the foot well area that was optional last year now manditory. The tow hook option should be a good one, hook a tow strap on them and they get to go again..Backmarkers are sighing with relief and welding away as we speak.

MENCS - Enhanced Vehicle Chassis is now mandatory in all races (previously optional); Teams have option to use tow straps on front of back and car if they get trapped (gravel pit, wet ballfield, etc). That way won't go on DVP and be towed to garage.

I appreciate your answer as I figured none of this amounted to a hill of beans in the most important picture. Thank you.

I posted it three different times, it's pretty simple, it is a death sentence. lose 150 points, as much as 200,000 bucks twice, and they don't get credit for the finish OR the points. Squawk

...but they get the win....Why?

...but they get the win....Why?

I'd be fine with them DQing and taking away a win weeks or months later for an illegal sealed engine, but I understand why that is a bridge too far for many. I too personally wish there didn't have to be any half-measures and excuses, but I get the compromise.

I'd be fine with them DQing and taking away a win weeks or months later for an illegal sealed engine, but I understand why that is a bridge too far for many. I too personally wish there didn't have to be any half-measures and excuses, but I get the compromise.

Go big, or go home. Period.

any door will do, two door more door, sounds like sports cars?

Looking ahead to 2021, O’Donnell confirmed NASCAR is moving forward with its Generation 7 car and speaking with other auto manufacturers looking at joining Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota. He confirmed one such meeting with an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) is taking place tomorrow.
“I think you will see us be much more open,” O’Donnell said, about not being locked-in on sedans vehicles. This was done with the new Supra being fielded in the Xfinity Series by Toyota. “We are not going to make the mistake where we chase new OEMs (like other racing series) with rules that are detrimental with the current partners. We will rely on current OEMs first.”

http://kickinthetires.net/index.php...eware-you-will-lose-the-win-money-trophy-etc/
Well it's already trending that way with the Camaro, Mustang, and Supra. I imagine that means they'll be more flexible with bodywork to allow for more road styling cues.

what in the hell are you calling a win?

They get the win, and lose everything else, but they still get the win. Encumbered, but they get the win. Am I right?

Rodney likes the new rules. Now, he doesn't have to worry about unfair advantages others might get. The dude has no conscious. None. Unreal. Moody said that he told him earlier that other teams had found a way to legally offset the blade, and it was too late for them, so he had to try what he did. Oh my God No conscious. Absolutely unreal.

Critical point made here by Doug Yates. I don't see it in the pipeline immediately, but it's going to come at some point. Road relevance has been a recurring theme in a lot of the statements made by NASCAR recently - going to be very key in order to maintain current and attract new manufacturers. At the very least, smaller engines in 2022 seems to be the direction we're headed towards.

“I always tell my staff, if we come in the shop 20 years from now and it looks the same as it did today, then we haven’t done our job,” Yates said. “I think the same way about the race cars and the engines. When we open up the hood five or 10 years from now, it needs to look different than it does today, and it needs to look more production-based, and that’s exciting. There’s a lot of questions there. The main one is, what does that cost? What are the financial implications, but if we can work together with NASCAR and the other OEMs to make a smart step forward — and that may include electrification on these cars at some point — I think that’s something we need to embrace as a sport.”

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/02/03/generation-7-nascar-date-2021/

I don't believe anybody has said that. It is something a person can obsess on until it happens if it ever does. crap what a cluster that would be, the paperwork would be a mountain, if they paid quarterly, teams have already spent the money, it's ridiculous months after the fact. And the team gets blown out of the water with a motor infraction. so somebody is worried if they have a 1 in the win column? And nobody knows if that is going to happen in the first place. SMH.

Critical point made here by Doug Yates. I don't see it in the pipeline immediately, but it's going to come at some point. Road relevance has been a recurring theme in a lot of the statements made by NASCAR recently - going to be very key in order to maintain current and attract new manufacturers. At the very least, smaller engines in 2022 seems to be the direction we're headed towards.

He also talked about how much the new motors for this All Star Package cost, but then he deleted the Tweets.

I don't believe anybody has said that. It is something a person can obsess on until it happens if it ever does. crap what a cluster that would be, the paperwork would be a mountain, if they paid quarterly, teams have already spent the money, it's ridiculous months after the fact. And the team gets blown out of the water with a motor infraction. so somebody is worried if they have a 1 in the win column? And nobody knows if that is going to happen in the first place. SMH.

You are slipping. Remember my TRD light rod on Kenseth's car? What was it 2013? **** happens. It got overturned, but you know Twitter has gotten bigger since then. NASCAR wouldn't want to look silly. **** happens.

it has been no surprise to me when they went to lower HP that just about any manufacturer with a bit of modifications can run an engine relatively inexpensively in Nascar. And they are also talking more life like manufacturer looking cars in the series for the next gen car. i would guess hybrids in the future, they have been racing them for years overseas.

The "most important picture" depends on whether your primary interest in racing is what happens on the track or whether you're following it as a demographer / head counter for a NASCAR census project.

IMO the most important thing for any business is a solid customer base and a good pipeline of future customers. Without these things it is easy for the business to falter. If you think differently that is fine.

IMO the most important thing for any business is a solid customer base and a good pipeline of future customers. Without these things it is easy for the business to falter. If you think differently that is fine.
nope, the most important thing is making a profit. A profit comes from many sources. Super fans can't figure that out year after year.

While Nascar hasn’t used a car that resembles stock in decades I think it would be great if they moved in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom