NASCAR announces 2019 MENCS rules

how soon they forget all of the hate for the cookie cutters and their position on the super troll 500 list of why Nascar is dead. Now with statistically less passes on those tracks than almost ever in history, what me worry? nothin wrong around here ma. :D
I'd worry ...there are no fans in the seats for the convoluted playoff races.

Oh yeah, I went to my go to guy and got some clips of the drafting test. :pbjtime:

Jones boy

Ama rolling around, passing Jones and Byron two wide and being able to pass for the lead.

you seem to do a good enough job worrying for us on every thread. Kinda like the designated worrier..it's a job. :idunno: somebody has to do it I guess.
I don't worry about anything, if Cup went away tomorrow it wouldn't be the end of the world for me unlike some here.

O/T the new Mustang looked pretty good at the test at Charlotte
DqOZv_OWoAAc41X.jpg

OK, playoffs are a non starter. Why can’t the 2019 changes be seen for what they are?

NASCAR is taking measures to try and get the racing to be more like what we have seen at plate tracks. They are slowing cars down to neuter a higher skill set seen in some drivers.

NASCAR is more interested in lottery style races it hopes will interest new fans and prevent the continuing erosion of the current fan base.

2019 will be better for those interested in seeing a show instead of those of us that want to see a race. None of this is rocket science or a closely held secret.

OK, playoffs are a non starter. Why can’t the 2019 changes be seen for what they are?

NASCAR is taking measures to try and get the racing to be more like what we have seen at plate tracks. They are slowing cars down to neuter a higher skill set seen in some drivers.

NASCAR is more interested in lottery style races it hopes will interest new fans and prevent the continuing erosion of the current fan base.

2019 will be better for those interested in seeing a show instead of those of us that want to see a race. None of this is rocket science or a closely held secret.
Yep gimmicks, throw gimmicks at the maybe fans and they might fall for it for a season.

Mopardh9, while I share your frustration, please tell me, give me specifics, what I can do as a fan, to change NASCAR?
You seem to be angry at the fans for accepting what is happening. Short of not watching what would you have me do?
I've expressed my dislike to NASCAR --- and I don't mean thru the fan council, although I have blasted a few things thru that.

So, what do I do? Please tell me.

So that's good for Nascar?

I don't give a flip if they stick their foot thru the firewall, with only three cars fooling around I saw multi grove racing on a single lane track, cars able to pass each other and be able to race around each other without fear of spinning out and the slingshot pass is back. works for me and that is all I really care about.

how soon they forget all of the hate for the cookie cutters and their position on the super troll 500 list of why Nascar is dead. Now with statistically less passes on those tracks than almost ever in history, what me worry? nothin wrong around here ma. :D
Huh; how did these words get in my mouth? It's almost like someone put them there.

A lot of cited stats like lead changes and passes are inflated by things like number of green flag pit stops and restarts. I don't put much stock into that loop data crap and find it hard to believe that there's "less passing than ever" anywhere. I don't watch races on an Excel spreadsheet and judge a race by the final pass tally either.

I don't give a flip if they stick their foot thru the firewall, with only three cars fooling around I saw multi grove racing on a single lane track, cars able to pass each other and be able to race around each other without fear of spinning out and the slingshot pass is back. works for me and that is all I really care about.
I'll believe it when I see it at Atlanta.

Mopardh9, while I share your frustration, please tell me, give me specifics, what I can do as a fan, to change NASCAR?
You seem to be angry at the fans for accepting what is happening. Short of not watching what would you have me do?
I've expressed my dislike to NASCAR --- and I don't mean thru the fan council, although I have blasted a few things thru that.

So, what do I do? Please tell me.
Don't watch

A lot of cited stats like lead changes and passes are inflated by things like number of green flag pit stops and restarts. I don't put much stock into that loop data crap and find it hard to believe that there's "less passing than ever" anywhere. I don't watch races on an Excel spreadsheet and judge a race by the final pass tally either.
I would try to discredit that piece of info, but facts are facts. How many legitimate passes for the lead did you see recently at Kansas? I'm not talking in the pits or during a restart, I'm talking after they got spread out single file.

I believe Logano got passed in the pits, so did Harvick. Those two led 176 laps. Keselowski was off on pit strategy and he led 22, he got passed because he had to pit I believe.

I would try to discredit that piece of info, but facts are facts. How many legitimate passes for the lead did you see recently at Kansas? I'm not talking in the pits or during a restart, I'm talking after they got spread out single file.
Passes for the lead IMO doesnt define good racing. Theres 35 other positions that are being fought over all day.

“Highlight reel”

Now repeat that to yourself real slow.
here Bud are you trying to get slick. I'll make it simple enough so you can grasp it. Sometimes audio visual works when written teaching techniques fail, of course a well rounded curriculum should include both

How many of these passes for the lead have been attributed to stage racing?
you probably need to go back to FL's post and start from there.You fell off of the tracks back there. Either that or you have flipped flopped from the racing is great why change it, to lawzee there isn't enough passing with this current car.

here Bud are you trying to get slick. I'll make it simple enough so you can grasp it. Sometimes audio visual works when written teaching techniques fail, of course a well rounded curriculum should include both

I dont watch a race for highlight reel moments. Moments that break a 4 hour race into a matter of seconds and disregards the mid pack action. Zero context. Theres racing for position going on through the entire field all race long whether its strategy or passing. Teams spend 350 miles calculating how to be in the best position possible for the final 50 miles.

Rating the quality of racing based on highlight reel passes is how we end up in knee jerk reaction areas like now. Not every race is going to be a classic. Not every season is going to have “game 7” type scenarios. Forcing these types of moments rather than letting any drama play out naturally is a turn off.

you probably need to go back to FL's post and start from there.You fell off of the tracks back there. Either that or you have flipped flopped from the racing is great why change it, to lawzee there isn't enough passing with this current car.
Stop spinning it dude, I did not flip on anything....when you get your stuff straight let me know.

Back
Top Bottom