NASCAR CEO BRIAN FRANCE BUSTED FOR DUI & OXYCODONE

And of course France has to turn in his key to the executive washroom as well lol
That's going to make it difficult for him to get that bag of nose toot he had taped up under the sink.
Brian was no where near the track when he was busted. Complete opposite end of NY.
Part of the reason he's held in contempt by the fans is that excluding Daytona, he's never near any of the tracks.

I wonder how under the influence he was when he came up with such great ideas like The Chase, Playoffs, Stages and whatever other "good idea" I am forgetting. In all seriousness this is a big story.... figure head or not its a bit of a black eye for NASCAR. This is like Bernie Eccelstone and his problems with the bribery/Tax issues.
Eccelstone is a Saint in comparison.
I have an immediate family member that has been addicted to Opioids. It is brutal to live with. There was no rhyme or reason for them to become addicted, but they did. Jail got this persons attention better that anything. Rehab was a joke. We were informed the Bradford rehab facilities have about a 5% to 6% success rate. It's a swinging door in other words. Addiction is awful. It destroys more than just the addicts life. I may on an island by myself, but I do feel sorry for Brian. On the other hand I am glad no one was injured or worse by his actions. I've never met a person, who had a life goal of growing up to be an addict or an alcoholic. It's easy to label someone a "drunk" or a "doper, pill head" or whatever. The bottom line is they have a serious, life threatening problem. I liken it to cigarette smokers. How many of them do I know that have tried to quit, they know they need to quit, but they can't. They're addicted to nicotine. Probably not going to kill anyone else, but they're addicted just the same. I really am not to concerned with whatever impact this has on NASCAR, I hope Brian can conquer his demons. Addiction ruins lives, rich and poor alike, and everything in between.

Nobody forced him to drink, let him have the misery he willingly swallowed, while not giving a damn about who may have been killed.
Getting drunk and driving is a selfish choice, he deserves all of the punitive punishment that can be rendered.

If he had an ounce decency we would be talking about his resignation that had already occurred. Not some perfunctory indefinite leave of absence.

Congratulations Brian, you drunken cokehead idiot, your stupidity made NBC Nightly News as a top headline, and gave NASCAR another PR black eye, the day after what was supposed to be the biggest win in NASCAR since the 2001 Pepsi 400.

Brian was celebrating the win.

The good news just keeps coming in, hope this signals a new era in NASCAR.

From a PR standpoint... NASCAR big-wig getting a DUI is bad no matter how you slice it and buries any news of Chase's win.

As much as we bashed on France I don't think anyone wanted him to have this happen to him... I do feel sorry for him somewhat...no one should have to go through this.

I feel zero sympathy for anyone that consciously decides to drive impaired. Selfish act that is a proven killer.

Zero tolerance.

Needs to be shown the door and publicly shamed for being a nuisance to society.

I agree with you, and since texting and driving is proven to be even more dangerous, I wish all the morons I see staring at there phones while flying through traffic would get the same treatment.

Brian was no where near the track when he was busted. Complete opposite end of NY.
I know that, and it is besides my point. I think it is vastly unfortunate that what should have been a great day for NASCAR got by marred by the idiot in charge making stupid decisions... or perhaps making no decisions?

It's lonely at the top, being born into fortune can be a curse. His leaving Nascar would probably be best for both him and Nascar.

I would love to see Nascar be run by someone who actually likes and understands racing. Dare I dream of someone who would go back to a season long championship battle?

I elect Tony Stewart.

He may be replaced, and if he is so what? He still gets to be a billionaire with NO responsibilities or pressure. And if you think this ends the Nascar evolution, think again. Not going back to 175 points for the win and decreasing at 5 point increments ever again. He was the mouthpiece of all the changes but I'd be willing to bet all these changes were not just his idea. The hate on this guy is incredible and for what, being a part of Nascar TRYING to improve the competition?

That being said, thank God he hurt nobody including himself and hope he gets what he needs and learned a lesson.
Amazing post.

The Winston cup series will not return all the sudden tomorrow morning

I elect Tony Stewart.
Doing a great job with his racing team, running a race track, has quite a storied and long-winding career in motorsports, knows what he wants out of NASCAR, hell yeah, I endorse Tony Stewart too.

Screenshot from 2018-08-06 23-44-35.png

Letting Brian continue to represent Nascar and waiting until the wheels fall off was a stupid move by the family. Enabling him to do the damage he has done? I am not sympathetic one bit to the family that enabled him to continue to do what he does. He should have been gone from the Nascar business scene years ago. If he ever cleaned up and had a long track record of doing so THEN he should be let back into the company.

I feel similarly frustrated at the enabling behavior that went on for so long. Unfortunately this a common pattern that develops around addicts, especially addicts in power. Nobody feels empowered to confront them until disaster strikes such as this. Then it ends very quickly. I stated before that NASCAR had a unique problem being such a large entity that was still run as a family business. When the anointed heir is incompetent, it can much more difficult to excise them than when there is an actual accountable structure in place.

Nevertheless, he's out now. Nothing is going to be magically solved overnight, but the first step to ending bad leadership is to remove bad leaders.

I cannot imagine feeling sorry for Brian France. The man was born on third base and spent his 'career' trying to steal second. I can feel basic empathy for him, and I hope that for those close to him, he takes responsibility and improves. That's it.

September 13, 2003….. On his first day as captain of a once great, NASCAR ship, Brian France set a course for this sport that has seen a decline in almost every area that is needed for a sport to thrive. His sweeping changes alienated a generation of fans causing many to leave for good. Others donned their life jackets having hung on to their lifeboats only to witness this listing ship continue to sail into turbulent waters. 5442 days later, after taking the helm, the captain went down without his ship. Maybe, just maybe, there is hope on the horizon and this ship will stay afloat long enough to have weathered the storm?

I don’t know the answer to all of NASCAR’s problems, but one things for sure….. Brain sure didn’t although he did know how to create them. Hopefully they will get someone that can navigate this sport back to its original course.

While I would like Tony Stewart to do it, he won’t and he can’t since he has a race team.

What about Mike Helton? Seems like a reasonable fellow.

What happened to JM was on JM, not Brian France or NASCAR

I’m fairly certain he wasn’t a thief or a meth head, but yeah he didn’t do himself any favors during that process.

Puffin' on the herb, I suppose.lol

That wouldn’t constitute a great night, but witnessing the fall of Brian France is amazing.

A member of NASCAR (cough, cough) press finally gets around to writing an article that has points about how the CEO should be fired over performance issues. Gosh, what made that light bulb go off in Bob's head? Talk about a day late and a dollar short.
He wrote that yesterday afternoon

I’m fairly certain he wasn’t a thief or a meth head, but yeah he didn’t do himself any favors during that process.

He was busted with Meth and stolen property on HIS property and plead guilty.

You missed my point. He should have written the article about firing Brian for poor performance anytime over the last several years. Typical of the NASCAR (cough, cough) press.

You missed my point. He should have written the article about firing Brian for poor performance anytime over the last several years. Typical of the NASCAR (cough, cough) press.
Last time I looked Pockrass's paycheck was writing for ESPN sports. You might have better luck criticizing what is written on the Nascar web site (not to mention the clunky web pages)

He was busted with Meth and stolen property on HIS property and plead guilty.

You should check out Mayfield’s Dinner With Racers episode. A lot of scandalous stuff going on there.

While I would like Tony Stewart to do it, he won’t and he can’t since he has a race team.

What about Mike Helton? Seems like a reasonable fellow.

Don't has the right last name.

Back
Top Bottom