NASCAR Death Bed

Daytona racing and hobbies which has been in business for over 25 years is closing their doors. Daytona used to have about 12 stores in the mid 2000's. Now there are only 2 who sell nascar merchandise.

Petty Purple
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will serve as the primary sponsor for Darrell Wallace Jr. in his seventh career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race and first at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

nascar-cup-richard-petty-motorsports-announcement-2018-darrell-wallace-jr-richard-petty-mo-7695413.jpg

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...back-darrell-wallace-jr-at-las-vegas-1010104/

Talladega Superspeedway to seek legislature’s help on expansion — Touts a $1.8 billion economic impact over four years

Coming attractions

Over the next six years, International Speedway Corporation, Talladega Superspeedway’s parent company, is planning to spend $500 million on upgrades for its portfolio of tracks across the country. According to Lynch, his track will be one of that effort’s beneficiaries.

“We don’t get a lot of financial help out of anybody,” he said. “And that’s one of the areas we really want to focus on going forward. We’re kind of a unique business in that while we give tours every day almost, we really only open our doors for ticket sales [other than] six days a year.”

‘We just think fair is fair’

Lynch referred to an earmark added to the state budget at the end of last year’s legislative session that awarded $300,000 to ZOOM Motorsports, the promoter and event management team for Barber Motorsports Park, a facility just to the west of Talladega Superspeedway near Birmingham.

He argued with an annual track operating budget of $33 million and increasing each year, and a demonstrable contribution to the public coffers, his facility should be considered for help from the state as well.
“If the state is going to work with motorsports facilities, you got a 49-year partner who is spending $33 million and generating these type of numbers,” Lynch explained. “I’m all for the state supporting motorsports facilities but I kind of feel like the girl that’s been at the prom dance for 40-something years, but there’s a new prettier girl, brand new, down the hall.”

“If you’re going to support somebody, why wouldn’t you look to a long-term partner who has been a partner of the state and been creating enormous wealth through taxes for the state and treat them in the manner that you would treat somebody new that has gotten them to the game.”

Lynch said other tracks with NASCAR-sanctioned events received assistance from their respective states, including the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Fla., Michigan International Speedway in Brooklyn, Mich., the Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill. and the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif.

“We’re not bitter about it,” he said of Barber Motorsport Park. “We just think fair is fair.”

http://yellowhammernews.com/feature...cites-1-8-billion-economic-impact-four-years/

NO Sport facility that is turning a profit should get any assistance from the tax payers. I'll go one step further and say NO BUSINESS should have access to tax payers money. If the business is good, it will generate a profit. If it doesn't, then say good buy and try something else.

Ryan Blaney does not have body odour.

Oh ... Armor ... sorry about that.

I watched one race and I don't remember which one.

I watched the first stage of the 500 and not quite 2 stages last week and enjoyed what I saw but I had seen enough to make me happy so I did something else. I am pretty sure I won't see the whole race tomorrow but I will watch as the spirit moves

"start providing an option for fans to insure their tickets to major motorsports events when they buy them in advance."

IDK what all would be involved but this could be service that gets more people to the track.

"start providing an option for fans to insure their tickets to major motorsports events when they buy them in advance."

IDK what all would be involved but this could be service that gets more people to the track.
They used to do that a while back. I don't know that people took advantage of it. I used to post about it on here years ago.

This insurance would be ideal if you were on an extended trip that included taking in some races or even if you lived close to the track and had to be at work on Monday.

I got a pair of that Body Armor stuff BOGO at Publix last week. I wish they had some more variety for the Lyte flavors, but they were good. And apparently activate more in stores than Monster does. lol

one or two of the high pockets were worried about Haas having enough money :booya:

No one on hear was worried about Haas having enough money as he has spent a lot on F1 and NASCAR and seems to be solvent. If things get tight I suppose he could always get creative with the IRS again.

No one on hear was worried about Haas having enough money as he has spent a lot on F1 and NASCAR and seems to be solvent. If things get tight I suppose he could always get creative with the IRS again.
Someone on here was concerned about that and in fact, went on about it at great length.

He's gone now. Prolly died.

I just saw the overnight ratings for Phoenix. Down again. 2.7 rating down from 3.0.

I believe this thread is used for nickel and dime stuff that is supposed to make NASCAR look in demand. I don’t think you ate supposed to post anything unflattering here.

Someone on here was concerned about that and in fact, went on about it at great length.

He's gone now. Prolly died.

I could see someone musing about whether Haas wanted to continue to self sponsor. There was a point where the 10 had no driver or sponsor and the 14 and 41 are often self sponsored. Most successful team owners prefer to use others money but Gene does not mind his company toting the note.

Sponsor announcements and other good news doesn't seem appropriate for a deathbed thread, IMO. To me deathbed news is things like Charters not being worth much, lack of sponsorship/money, teams closing down, drivers out of work and low attendance and viewership. Of course bad is good as is being dope or sick.
I believe this thread is used for nickel and dime stuff that is supposed to make NASCAR look in demand. I don’t think you ate supposed to post anything unflattering here.
:eek::oops::eek::oops::flushed:

I have read a lot of the same things the writer said on this forum. Some people say that Nascar had a bunch of fad fans that started following the series and they were bound to leave. I think that some of them would have left but also had Nascar not been asleep at the wheel a lot of them could have been retained. The fad days have been over for many years but in 3 of the 4 races this year Nascar's ratings have been off by about 20% and the other race was 15%. These days we blame football, the Olympics, Tiger Woods and goodness knows what else as reasons for Nascar's shortcomings. Its always something.

I have read a lot of the same things the writer said on this forum. Some people say that Nascar had a bunch of fad fans that started following the series and they were bound to leave. I think that some of them would have left but also had Nascar not been asleep at the wheel a lot of them could have been retained. The fad days have been over for many years but in 3 of the 4 races this year Nascar's ratings have been off by about 20% and the other race was 15%. These days we blame football, the Olympics, Tiger Woods and goodness knows what else as reasons for Nascar's shortcomings. Its always something.

It always something...besides it being the sport's fault.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom