NASCAR Death Bed

Is this the same clown who said Rick Hendrick faked his leukemia?
No...I am the guy that thinks Hendricks should have ended up in jail, instead of getting a pardon by using graft and under the table payments to grease the skids for his dealerships.

Hendrick...In 1997, Hendrick pleaded guilty to mail fraud.[6] In the 1980s, Honda automobiles were in high demand and Honda executives allegedly solicited bribes from dealers for larger product disbursements. Hendrick admitted to giving hundreds of thousands of dollars, BMW automobiles, and houses to American Honda Motor Company executives.[7] Hendrick was sentenced in December 1997 to a $250,000 fine, 12 months home confinement (instead of prison, due to his leukemia), three years probation, and to have no involvement with Hendrick Automotive Group (which was run by Jim Perkins) or Hendrick Motorsports (run by his brother John) during his year of confinement. In December 2000, Hendrick received a full pardon from President Bill Clinton.

Hendrick...In 1997, Hendrick pleaded guilty to mail fraud.[6] In the 1980s, Honda automobiles were in high demand and Honda executives allegedly solicited bribes from dealers for larger product disbursements. Hendrick admitted to giving hundreds of thousands of dollars, BMW automobiles, and houses to American Honda Motor Company executives.[7] Hendrick was sentenced in December 1997 to a $250,000 fine, 12 months home confinement (instead of prison, due to his leukemia), three years probation, and to have no involvement with Hendrick Automotive Group (which was run by Jim Perkins) or Hendrick Motorsports (run by his brother John) during his year of confinement. In December 2000, Hendrick received a full pardon from President Bill Clinton.

did his time, paid his fine and that was over 20 years ago dad. Time to move on. BTW he lost his family in a plane crash, ya want to go there also?

This has been beat to death on here time and time again. I personally don't see how it's relevant to this time and place. But to each his/her own.

ou7WLWY.jpg

Wrong. Bending up race cars is not the same as killing drivers. If it was, no one would say Nascar has become bland because it is too safe.

No one says "NASCAR is too safe." If they do then they might want to have conversations with Aric Almirola, Kyle Busch, and Denny Hamlin about their injuries and their views might be changed. NASCAR is safer. However, it isn't safe.

BTW, to not see that NASCAR, the networks, and the tracks advertising crashes, sometimes horrific looking ones, isn't attempting to bring in some of the same type of people you want eliminated from the sport then they must not be a rational thinker.

No one says "NASCAR is too safe." If they do then they might want to have conversations with Aric Almirola, Kyle Busch, and Denny Hamlin about their injuries and their views might be changed. NASCAR is safer. However, it isn't safe.

BTW, to not see that NASCAR, the networks, and the tracks advertising crashes, sometimes horrific looking ones, isn't attempting to bring in some of the same type of people you want eliminated from the sport then they must not be a rational thinker.

as soon as you get that solved, start on football, baseball, motorcycle, and downhill skiing commercials

as soon as you get that solved, start on football, baseball, motorcycle, and downhill skiing commercials

Ummm, you might want to jump into the current decade of advertising that the NFL does. Those big hits aren't used anymore. You know with the whole CTE thing being as much of an issue as it is for them. They self corrected.

Thanks for attempting to help out though.:rolleyes:

I know when they show hockey or football promos they normally include some sort of phenomenal play but the go to for Nascar has been wrecks. There are very few Jarrett-Allison or Craven-Busch type moments to share as promos so the default is wrecks which get people's attention. Nascar preaches safety first and shows wrecks for promos and races at plate tracks.

Ummm, you might want to jump into the current decade of advertising that the NFL does. Those big hits aren't used anymore. You know with the whole CTE thing being as much of an issue as it is for them. They self corrected.

Thanks for attempting to help out though.:rolleyes:

On the bright side he is an expert at cut and pasting.....:D

The problem as I see it is NASCAR is trying to sell personalities instead of the racing itself. Drivers can't have personalities as long as they can't say anything that NASCAR thinks is detrimental to racing. We watch for the racing, not the personalities.

The problem as I see it is NASCAR is trying to sell personalities instead of the racing itself. Drivers can't have personalities as long as they can't say anything that NASCAR thinks is detrimental to racing. We watch for the racing, not the personalities.

I was surprised at the number of people that seem to gravitate toward the personalities and private lives of drivers and athletes.

Doesn't sound like anyone is hurting very badly. Of course having a drop from 2.44 down to 2.4 isn't to hard to swallow. They may have to delete one cleaner from each track.

Well when the guy at the top is free to just do whatever the **** he wants this is what happens. When you change the rules every two years and there's no consistency this is the result, surprised? Those poor track owners only making 1.5 mil now how will they feed their families

"In a separate filing last week, SMI, which owns nine race tracks nationwide including the one in Concord, said total revenue fell 7.4 percent last year. Admissions-related revenue fell to $86.9 million, down from $90.6 million, but broadcasting revenue rose to $209.5 million from $201.8 million."

As long as the broadcast revenue keeps flowing in life will be good so it is essential to Nascar and the tracks that it maintains what the current deal is paying.

This is from SMI's investors page.
The Company’s 2017 full year non-GAAP results are not directly comparable to last year primarily because of “the Battle at Bristol” football game and large preceding concert held in the third quarter 2016. Those 2016 football weekend results are not reflected as non-GAAP adjustments in the accompanying financial results. However, excluding those results, SMI’s 2017 full year adjusted non-GAAP net income increased over 2016.

http://investors.speedwaymotorsport...Provides-Full-Year-2018-Guidance/default.aspx

Amazing the number of folks around the web who “are done with the sport” but continue following the ratings and audience decline stories and then comment...

There are disaffected members that watch and follow the series and God bless them as the series can't afford to lose another soul. The losses over the last 10 years are staggering and this year has amped them up even more.

Nascar is on its way out
Motorsports in general is suffering from what I see. My local NHRA drag strip has mostly older guys racing and in the crowd. Young people now would rather play video games and be on their phone with very little interests in anything else.I don't know what the answer is.

Motorsports in general is suffering from what I see. My local NHRA drag strip has mostly older guys racing and in the crowd. Young people now would rather play video games and be on their phone with very little interests in anything else.I don't know what the answer is.
The cell phone is one of the biggest contributors to the downturn of motorsports.

I'v even noticed at the local level less cars, less people in the stands, and really less interest in general. I honestly think Cup will find its niche after it bottoms out, then rebound some, it will never be like it used to be that's for sure.

This is a great post. When they went COT, they were marginalizing the manufacturers. NASCAR became driver-centric, and to this day, it still is. Then, they bring the Gen 6, and can't figure out where all of the manufacturer-centric fans went. Additionally, now that the car is supposedly back in the equation, they pile on rule after rule, the OSS, etc. to marginalize the manufacturers (and thus engineers) again. NASCAR has no freakin' direction. Drivers will come and go. The manufactures are the constant (so far). This is STOCK CAR RACING. Drivers are the necessary evil. Bring back Brewer's garage. Let Larry Mac talk technical. Show the fans why these cars are as amazing as they are. Stop dummying down this sport. Dump these stupid rules that end up making the sanctioning body look stupid on Wednesdays when they cucumber wins.

NASCAR says they want to cut costs. They axe a crew member, limit the number of people each team can have, and then implement the stupid OSS. How much did that costs the teams? Where the hell was Kauffman and his buddies on that ****? Inspection has become the biggest joke ever. Who gives a **** that each car is measured to the thousandth? Nobody. Open it up. Stop this stupidity.

This is a great post. When they went COT, they were marginalizing the manufacturers. NASCAR became driver-centric, and to this day, it still is. Then, they bring the Gen 6, and can't figure out where all of the manufacturer-centric fans went. Additionally, now that the car is supposedly back in the equation, they pile on rule after rule, the OSS, etc. to marginalize the manufacturers (and thus engineers) again. NASCAR has no freakin' direction. Drivers will come and go. The manufactures are the constant (so far). This is STOCK CAR RACING. Drivers are the necessary evil. Bring back Brewer's garage. Let Larry Mac talk technical. Show the fans why these cars are as amazing as they are. Stop dummying down this sport. Dump these stupid rules that end up making the sanctioning body look stupid on Wednesdays when they cucumber wins.

NASCAR says they want to cut costs. They axe a crew member, limit the number of people each team can have, and then implement the stupid OSS. How much did that costs the teams? Where the hell was Kauffman and his buddies on that sh!t? Inspection has become the biggest joke ever. Who gives a sh!t that each car is measured to the thousandth? Nobody. Open it up. Stop this stupidity.
Your following the wrong series, try F-1

The cell phone is one of the biggest contributors to the downturn of motorsports.

IMO it's CFD. Everybody got good. Now, NASCAR is trying to ungood some with OSS. Completely stupid.

Back
Top Bottom