NASCAR Death Bed

Speaking of stages (again),

I started out saying hells bells this is a joke, but, I have to say, I like the Stages because it makes them hustle their ass early in the race. Yep, I changed my mind :D.
What I do not like is the
Bull ****.gif
cautions at the end of the stages. Let each team figure this out themselves.

Speaking of stages (again),

I started out saying hells bells this is a joke, but, I have to say, I like the Stages because it makes them hustle their ass early in the race. Yep, I changed my mind :D.
What I do not like is the View attachment 35852 cautions at the end of the stages. Let each team figure this out themselves.
My new favorite sdj post.

Back in December 2016, Front Row Motorsports bought a charter from BK Racing for $2 million.

Yesterday, August 20, Front Row placed a winning bid of $2 million for another charter AND a few other assets.

The auction is part of the liquidation of (now bankrupt) BK Racing. According to the article, the auction only lasted three minutes. And apparently the only bidders were FRM and GMS Racing.

So it appears the value of charters is, at best, holding at around $2 million. And there isn't much demand for them.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...-for-bk-racing-but-judge-yet-to-approve-sale/

Well according to Jeff Burton’s logic, NASCAR needs to leave those places. Not filled to capacity

NASCAR was great when it was a southern sport! It would still be great if it was a southern sport! They took the redneck image out and lost the redneck audience! Racetracks became a great place to get locked up by the popo! And not so great watching sober! Not near as fun either! I remember just before rocking ham shut down the local police had a mobile booking trailer set up outside the track popping people for breathalyzer tests on the way out! Then the attendance plummeted! Imagine that! Then they made all the cars the same and hired well spoken short haired beauty queens to drive them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian France is no longer in charge, so there is hope. I see NASCAR changing for the better from here on out. Changes will not come fast, they will come slowly, but be better thought out. Less unintended consequences. Once a race fan is in charge, the changes will make sense. A few months ago I wouldn't have believed NASCAR's future was as sunny as it appears to be now. Whoever they get to replace Brian, I believe, will get NASCAR going in the right direction. NASCAR wasn't going to die, but it can start growing again. Just my 2 cents.

Ben Kennedy "possibly" interested in one day being NASCAR CEO
Kennedy was asked if there was a plan for Brian France to return to his role or if he was even interested in doing so.

“I don’t really know,” Kennedy said. “I think he is just focusing on his health right now and just talking a little bit of time.

“Jim’s been at the track quite a bit. He’s been there the last couple of races. He’s more engaged and energized then I have ever seen him.

“It’s really neat to see and it’s neat to see the family come together and continuing to put a big effort toward moving this sport forward.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...-in-one-day-being-nascar-ceo/3166591/?nrt=119

How concerned should one be next season when there's not a single excuse (IE: Dale Jr, Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon retiring) as to why the ratings are falling next year?

How concerned should one be next season when there's not a single excuse (IE: Dale Jr, Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon retiring) as to why the ratings are falling next year?

you can be as concerned as humanly possible, ain't going to change a damn thing though :D

As I've said before you have to lower ticket prices. I don't care how much NFL and other sporting events cost, clearly the massive empty seats prove that the majority of people do not find the value proper for our races

I believe one of the causes of folks not following NASCUR as much as in the past is the constant changing of car's paint schemes......whether in the stands or on TV, it has become impossible to identify most cars each week by their paint.....

I think there are about one thousand and fifty two reasons why fans have left and I have heard every one about the same number of times. And ya know what, none of those reasons have made a bit of difference. But the racing is good from my climate controlled abode and my recliner is damn comfortable for watching races on my big ass TV.

As I've said before you have to lower ticket prices. I don't care how much NFL and other sporting events cost, clearly the massive empty seats prove that the majority of people do not find the value proper for our races
I doubt the cost of tickets keep fans away. People spend a lot more for tickets to other events.
The real costs to attend Nascar events is the rising costs in gas and other travel expenses with the big cost of renting a $49. dollar room for $200.
One thing you don't read about on forums these days is the fun of camping inside the track.

I think there are about one thousand and fifty two reasons why fans have left and I have heard every one about the same number of times. And ya know what, none of those reasons have made a bit of difference. But the racing is good from my climate controlled abode and my recliner is damn comfortable for watching races on my big ass TV.
But but but even the TV viewer numbers are declining. I think how the races are produced with more gimmicks and less showing of the race being the main cause.

One thing you don't read about on forums these days is the fun of camping inside the track.

Reading all the interesting comments (posters and Jimmie Johnson) about the condition of drunken rednecks at the track and what people see them do might have taken the "fun" out of camping at the track. You couldn't pay me to wade into the type of an adventure those comments painted.

I think one of the many things that has led to a dwindling fan base is the constant changing of a car's paint scheme.....It is almost impossible,from both the stands or TV, to identify a car that changes it's paint each week ..

I really doubt it. It's not like IndyCar where you can't read the car number.

Speaking about numbers in the deathbed department, anyone else notice that the trend for the season is a loss in viewership and ratings from 12% to 39%?

Welcome to Craterville!

Speaking about numbers in the deathbed department, anyone else notice that the trend for the season is a loss in viewership and ratings from 12% to 39%?

Welcome to Craterville!

Perhaps things will get better if they can keep the family knucklehead from coming back. I give Brian credit for finally bringing a high level of safety to the series, but just about everything else has been mismanaged.

Perhaps things will get better if they can keep the family knucklehead from coming back. I give Brian credit for finally bringing a high level of safety to the series, but just about everything else has been mismanaged.
sure as hell can't think right with a hand full of oxycodone's, can't even hand shake the Champion of the series properly

sure as hell can't think right with a hand full of oxycodone's, can't even hand shake the Champion of the series properly

He royally screwed Kenseth with his post Kansas comments that Logano used 'good strategy taking a threat out of the chase', when Kenseth got spun after blocking Logano to the Apron, back to the wall, and back down to the apron. This sent a clear message that wrecking a guy was fair game and good strategy. I groaned as the Brain laid that egg.

I think Brian rolled over at night and hit his head so hard on his CoT he did permanent brain damage. I pray he's gone for good. He had many, many chances to fix that CoT and never did. ;)

I think one of the many things that has led to a dwindling fan base is the constant changing of a car's paint scheme.....It is almost impossible,from both the stands or TV, to identify a car that changes it's paint each week ..

I know it's definitely led to me buying a lot less driver merchandise.

Hopefully, the Brain immerses himself in his own business away from NASCAR, Brand Sense Partners.

They seem to have diversified quiet a bit. Just 4 years ago, most of their big clients were racing related.

Doesn't surprise me to hear the large teams are not making profits. If you look at S&B sports the owners make ridiculous deals for players. Why?? because they can. Nascar is no different, in that it is easier to spend money than it is to work the grey matter harder to find other solutions.
I liked the old days when cheating, I mean innovation was the better way to win a race. :D

Correction is coming?

Sounds good to me. It would be great to see most of the high tech engineering go away. I don't watch stock car racing to see the latest tech. That's what F1 and Indy car are for. No more costly 7 post simulations or high priced mad scientists working on gaining 1/10 a second. 1 practice session would save money and mix things up too.

Doesn't surprise me to hear the large teams are not making profits...
Hearing that would surely surprise Forbes, who annually publishes their estimates of team operating profits for the 7 or 8 top owners. They are estimates, but after doing that for a number of years, I haven't heard complaints that they are completely way off. The profits reported tend to be modest considering the capital invested and the high risk, but losses are quite rare in these reports.

"Many people point to dwindling attendance and TV ratings as proof that NASCAR’s best days are behind it. However, that’s just not true. NASCAR is still as popular as ever. The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series is the #1 or #2 sporting event watched each weekend with over 4 million plus viewers each week."

"The sport has 80 million fans spread equally across the United States and those fans, on average, consume nearly 10 hours per week of NASCAR content across all media channels"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sport has 80 million fans, but only 4 million watch???

Meanwhile, back in reality...
http://www.espn.com/jayski/pages/story/_/id/22408275/nascar-2018-tv-ratings

Hearing that would surely surprise Forbes, who annually publishes their estimates of team operating profits for the 7 or 8 top owners. They are estimates, but after doing that for a number of years, I haven't heard complaints that they are completely way off. The profits reported tend to be modest considering the capital invested and the high risk, but losses are quite rare in these reports.
I read an article about a back marker team some months back, mostly about how they work the prize structure. The way the prize structure is now, at a certain point at the rear, the gradient for pay is either flat or a very slow decline. So sometimes teams will stay out on tires (ever wonder why a back marker stays out when everybody needs tires?) in order to save expenses, or put the set on in order to try to move up some spots if they are close to the next step up in money. It was a look at the sometimes race within a race of lesser teams and how they stay profitable.

Back
Top Bottom