NASCAR Death Bed

"Bubba Wallace will be without a backup car for this weekend’s Cup race at Talladega Superspeedway...

...The lack of a backup car is a product of RPM’s lack of funding.

The team has struggled to secure sponsorship for Wallace, who finished second in the Daytona 500 but has one top 10 in the 29 races since. He has wrecked in four of the last 10 races.

RPM also auctioned off Wallace’s Daytona 500 car in May. The car went for roughly $83,000.

Sunday’s race will be the seventh where Petty’s Garage and Medallion Bank have been on the car. Both are companies operated by the team’s co-owners, Andrew Murstein (Medallion Bank) and Richard Petty (Petty’s Garage)."

Link below... Check the other links in the article, they further illustrate how much RPM is struggling. :(

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/10/12/bubba-wallace-without-backup-car-for-talladega-cup-race/

It has been understood for years that Richard has underfunded all his cars and this partner of his seems to be of the same mindset. Contrast that with what Furniture Row did for a few years out of Barney's pocket.

No wonder Murstein has been the most vocal about spending caps and luxury taxes. I think the writing is on the wall for this team. They're just barely treading water after losing Smithfield.

I swear the pessimistic folks want NASCAR to die.

RPM should have never auctioned off that 500 car first off. RPM needs some big time help, its like 2012 all over again for RPM with a complete hodgepodge of sponsors and one off deals. Losing Smithfield was huge for them and Bubba this season has gone through some cars, not all of his doing, but it still hurts nonetheless.

Wow, somebody must be bored to research this.

Yeah, it is just so hard to type in the 2 words "Talladega Boring" into the twitter search bar and find those. There are a ton more. Want me to post them? LOL.

Gotta agree with this from 2015 - glad they started tearing seats out:

VF WORKWEAR ANNOUNCES NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH TEAM PENSKE

WRANGLER%20PENSKE.jpg

The VF Workwear family of brands features names that are very familiar to NASCAR fans, including Wrangler®, Dickies®, Timberland Pro®, Red Kap®, Kodiak®, Bulwark® and Horace Small®
http://www.teampenske.com/news/inde...R_ANNOUNCES_NEW_PARTNERSHIP_WITH_TEAM_PENSKE_

It is so wonderful that Teams have to race to get all these sponsorships just to run a vehicle. Some Teams have up to 40 Sponsors just get through a season. Confusion for the fans as the paint schemes change weekly. Penske has to race around to get sponsorship when all it used to take was one sponsor per year per vehicle. Ask the 78 Team about the main sponsor leaving. We all know how that went. Maybe someone should ask Larson what it meant when Target left.

It is so wonderful that Teams have to race to get all these sponsorships just to run a vehicle. Some Teams have up to 40 Sponsors just get through a season. Confusion for the fans as the paint schemes change weekly. Penske has to race around to get sponsorship when all it used to take was one sponsor per year per vehicle. Ask the 78 Team about the main sponsor leaving. We all know how that went. Maybe someone should ask Larson what it meant when Target left.
People post about all the associated sponsors coming into the sport, that's great and all, but when you have major sponsors leaving like 5 Hour it hardly makes up for the negative impact of the departure from NASCAR.

...Confusion for the fans as the paint schemes change weekly...

Apparently, not only the fans are confused! I listen to the races on Sirius XM. I've noticed that occasionally the announcers stumble a bit while trying to identify a car. In particular, the turn announcers, when they're trying to quickly inform listeners which car(s) just crashed or spun.

Apparently, not only the fans are confused! I listen to the races on Sirius XM. I've noticed that occasionally the announcers stumble a bit while trying to identify a car. In particular, the turn announcers, when they're trying to quickly inform listeners which car(s) just crashed or spun.
I've noticed that also, used to be I could identify every driver by paint scheme, those days are long gone.

How do you know things ain't so great in NASCAR Land? When the Truck series race ended the pylon, timing and scoring, and NASCAR’s official website all listed Wendell Chavous as the winner for 15 minutes. As we all know, Chavous came in 5th. Course the NASCAR brass just side stepped that "little issue" and went on pretending that nothing that amiss. Yep, NASCAR's Officiating was stellar this past weekend.

Get ya so of that!

Joey Gase bringing new sponsors to Kansas Speedway

This weekend Gase is bringing along two new sponsors that will be making their NASCAR debut on the #35 Chevy Camaro. Absaroka is a new Western & Leather apparel company out of Decatur, AL who is coming on as the primary sponsor for the Kansas Lottery 300. Page Construction announced yesterday that they'll be coming on board this weekend as an associate sponsor. Page Construction is a home repairs & construction company based out of Kansas City, MO.
http://www.espn.com/jayski/nxs/2018...ey-gase-bringing-new-sponsors-kansas-speedway

Anyone want to make a wager on next year’s attendance/TV ratings once real fans get a taste of the 2019 rules package?

I think people are making a huge deal of nothing. All this talk of throttle off time, I’ve been watching sprint car racing my whole life and they run wide open the entire race.

I like the move personally to 550 HP with potential slingshots via the brake ducts. Engineering has ran away with it in F1 and NASCAR IMO, despite NASCAR embracing lower downforce the aero design of the cars is so detrimental to a trailing car. It’s important to lessen this as much as possible for entertainment purposes

Back
Top Bottom