NASCAR Death Bed

Skoalbandit33, I will tell you this much, if these idiots go to a 20 or 30 lap shootout for the race victory, I am done with the sport. I already care much less since I've cut the cable cord last year (best decision I've made in a while) and will stop watching and caring even though there is a wealth of talent coming up through the ranks.
I haven't watched most of the races to be honest. If that is true, then they have already crossed the Rubicon.

That makes sense with the cable cut. Rubicon and all. :D

They're (they are) averaging about 20 laps from the last restart to the finish so far this season.
It's not valid to combine all cautions like you did there. That suspicious debris flag Sunday is one thing, but a crash like Logano, Patrick, and Almirola had at Kansas is something completely different. Or a single car in the wall, or a blown motor oiling down the track, etc, etc.

If that debris caution last Sunday with 20 laps to go was fake debris, that is really bad, as it completely changed what was shaping up as a real cliffhanger of a finish. None of us knows, so we all tend to assume the worst. According to Bob Pockrass, Nascar observers spotted debris but were unable to know for sure what it was, so they did what they always do in that situation. To me, it felt like they were looking to avoid a fuel mileage finish, but who really knows? Have there been any other suspicious late-race flags this year?

It's not valid to combine all cautions like you did there. That suspicious debris flag Sunday is one thing, but a crash like Logano, Patrick, and Almirola had at Kansas is something completely different. Or a single car in the wall, or a blown motor oiling down the track, etc, etc.

If that debris caution last Sunday with 20 laps to go was fake debris, that is really bad, as it completely changed what was shaping up as a real cliffhanger of a finish. None of us knows, so we all tend to assume the worst. According to Bob Pockrass, Nascar observers spotted debris but were unable to know for sure what it was, so they did what they always do in that situation. To me, it felt like they were looking to avoid a fuel mileage finish, but who really knows? Have there been any other suspicious late-race flags this year?

I think Nascar has done a good job not calling bogus cautions this year but that is like praising a man for taking care of his family or never having gone to jail. I have not seen every race but the only bogus yellow I saw was yesterday and given Nascar's previous history and it makes sense as the stages did nothing to make the races exciting so they had to go with plan B.

Nothing can help the sport unless the NFL is banned by the government for its violent hits

I like stage racing and have enjoyed this season very much. If we could get Fox to stop usnig in-car cameras during green flad runs I'd be quite content.

*How do you feel about the real possibility of more stages added to races? If I was forced to make a wager I would bet that next year several races will have 4 stages and 2 might have 5.

*This is only my opinion.

*How do you feel about the real possibility of more stages added to races? If I was forced to make a wager I would bet that next year several races will have 4 stages and 2 might have 5.

*This is only my opinion.
Maybe they should skip the first three stages and just have a 20 lap shootout, pack 'em up and head back home :idunno:

These guys probably talked the the cheese guys and Ganassi is probably paying them for the privilege#deathbed

Chip Ganassi Racing announced Monday that First Data, a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, will partner with Kyle Larson and the No. 42 Chevrolet team for Cup series playoff races at Talladega Superspeedway and Martinsville Speedway this fall.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-kyle-larson-first-data-943249/

So the "multi-race deal" was two races?
Bisignano said, “We first dipped our toe in the water being with the Credit One car, we expanded to sponsor the (Martinsville race) ... so this is a good time and when the season ends, we’ll meet and plan out the future.” (Link to SBD)

So the "multi-race deal" was two races?

Nascar and its partners have never met hyperbole they don't love and this is just another example. I guess the sponsors figure 175K per race makes it worth a try......:)

I'm not crazy about the chase. But understand the attempt to put some excitement into things. But you take a chance on something absurd happening. A couple of years ago Newman shouldn't have been anywhere close to a championship. But there he was basically having a legit shot because he point hunted all year. What a disaster that would have been.

As far as stage racing? They have to do something. Seems as if on every track between the shorts and supers that everybody get stretched out and makes for terribly boring racing. Restarts are the only thing that brings any excitement at all to the process.

I know Jimmy Johns sandwich chain has been a sponsor in NASCAR for a long time but this past weekend Jimmy John Liautaud was hanging out at the NHRA Lucas Oil Nationals in Brainerd MN. I doubt he was just there as a fan.

I know Jimmy Johns sandwich chain has been a sponsor in NASCAR for a long time but this past weekend Jimmy John Liautaud was hanging out at the NHRA Lucas Oil Nationals in Brainerd MN. I doubt he was just there as a fan.
I hope he sponsors something, I haven't been to an NHRA race in a LONG time time but it's amazing. I hope he signs a check to help out.

I'm not crazy about the chase. But understand the attempt to put some excitement into things. But you take a chance on something absurd happening. A couple of years ago Newman shouldn't have been anywhere close to a championship. But there he was basically having a legit shot because he point hunted all year. What a disaster that would have been.

As far as stage racing? They have to do something. Seems as if on every track between the shorts and supers that everybody get stretched out and makes for terribly boring racing. Restarts are the only thing that brings any excitement at all to the process.
There it is right there, if restarts are the only excitement then address the real problem which is the car.

Those days are definitely over
Sad, but true. I get a ribbing today when I pull out my $15 non-smart phone at work. The sad part of it all, is these fools have a incredible computer in their pockets and don't even know how to utilize it. We put Neil and Buzz on the the Moon in 1969, but they can't do the simple things today.

Sad, but true. I get a ribbing today when I pull out my $15 non-smart phone at work. The sad part of it all, is these fools have a incredible computer in their pockets and don't even know how to utilize it. We put Neil and Buzz on the the Moon in 1969, but they can't do the simple things today.

Preach it brother as it is good stuff you're saying!

There it is right there, if restarts are the only excitement then address the real problem which is the car.

Agree totally. In truth, the truck series makes for the best racing because of the design of the trucks. Takes a lot of the aero issues out of play you see in Cup. Brings the draft into play which makes for great racing. Look at Michigan as an example. If not for the overtime excitement of Larson pulling off that win, the race itself was one of the biggest snoozers one could ask for. The field just spreads out after every restart and stays that way. On the other hand the truck race was a struggle from lap one until the finish. On intermediate tracks, the Cup series has come down to one thing. Who can get through turn one on a restart. After that, everyone just waits on the next caution, or stage.

Agree totally. In truth, the truck series makes for the best racing because of the design of the trucks. Takes a lot of the aero issues out of play you see in Cup. Brings the draft into play which makes for great racing. Look at Michigan as an example. If not for the overtime excitement of Larson pulling off that win, the race itself was one of the biggest snoozers one could ask for. The field just spreads out after every restart and stays that way. On the other hand the truck race was a struggle from lap one until the finish. On intermediate tracks, the Cup series has come down to one thing. Who can get through turn one on a restart. After that, everyone just waits on the next caution, or stage.

If that is all they have, them why do we see certain drivers come from the back after a penalty??
If it was just Kyle then we could say it's because of his cheated up Toyota but he isn't the only one who has done this.
Could it be that certain cars are getting the most from the sponsor dollars and the rest of the field are just getting by while the owners pocket the profits. It seems to me the top 36 cars are getting such a good payout that when added to the sponsor money, they have no incentive to try for a top 5 or 10.
I think a lot of teams are in this sandbagging mode, they all know Nascar will bunch them all up again anyway.

If that is all they have, them why do we see certain drivers come from the back after a penalty??
If it was just Kyle then we could say it's because of his cheated up Toyota but he isn't the only one who has done this.
Could it be that certain cars are getting the most from the sponsor dollars and the rest of the field are just getting by while the owners pocket the profits. It seems to me the top 36 cars are getting such a good payout that when added to the sponsor money, they have no incentive to try for a top 5 or 10.
I think a lot of teams are in this sandbagging mode, they all know Nascar will bunch them all up again anyway.
I hope you're wrong, otherwise this isn't a "sport" anymore.

I hope you're wrong, otherwise this isn't a "sport" anymore.
Like every sport "It is big Business". Those owners do this because of the potential profits and their name recognition.
People run for President for the same reason. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Profits? I thought they were all going broke and shutting down ... learned that here.

Racers race. That's it.

Profits? I thought they were all going broke and shutting down ... learned that here.
Profits are fake news items. NASCAR, a sport that's been on its deathbed sine 1949. Unfortunately, the internet wasn't around back then to let us know. Otherwise our fathers and grandfathers could have predicted the sports demise. Lucky for us though, the internet and bulletin boards like this came along so we could finally be told day after day that the end is near. :cool:

Profits are fake news items. NASCAR, a sport that's been on its deathbed sine 1949. Unfortunately, the internet wasn't around back then to let us know. Otherwise our fathers and grandfathers could have predicted the sports demise. Lucky for us though, the internet and bulletin boards like this came along so we could finally be told day after day that the end is near. :cool:
Yep. We have some of the best on this board.

naysayer

[ney-sey-er]
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
a person who habitually expresses negative or pessimistic views:

There are a lot of different views concerning NASCAR as some see a sport while others see a WWE kind of thing. Some people see NASCAR on deaths door while others don't see any correlation between lack of interest, lack of sponsorship, lack of race viewers and attenders, smaller car counts, worthless charters and a Jurassic audience as being in anyway problematic.

Some people only want good news and some only bad and some like to bitch about people bitching. Some want smooth sailing and others like a little more of a challenge, some live to cut and paste while others already know everything so referring to resources is not necessary. Some have thick skin and some have thin and just about no one wants to put a member they find offensive on ignore.

Ya gotta love NASCAR and NASCAR forums where some ideas and opinions are welcome while others are not.

Back
Top Bottom