NASCAR Heat 2 coming Fall 2017

I doubt that gameplay is real. I'll believe it when I see some Eldora or Xfinity cars on a road course.

This game looks like trash, lol why even release a teaser with such glaring issues.

That high side working at Dover and the cars running into eachother with no consequences had me laughing.

I'm very out of touch with video games these days. But how is it possible that the original PC NASCAR Heat, released in 2000, was a pretty good sim-lite version of the sport with an engine solid enough to allow for countless quality mods? And 17 years later the mechanics of the racing look decidedly worse? I get that all of NASCAR's wacky format gimmicks introduced since are a challenge to add in. But it's like developers were specifically told to make the gameplay much worse in the decades since, and this is the result.

I'm very out of touch with video games these days. But how is it possible that the original PC NASCAR Heat, released in 2000, was a pretty good sim-lite version of the sport with an engine solid enough to allow for countless quality mods? And 17 years later the mechanics of the racing look decidedly worse? I get that all of NASCAR's wacky format gimmicks introduced since are a challenge to add in. But it's like developers were specifically told to make the gameplay much worse in the decades since, and this is the result.
Same. Im not a developer but I dont get how NASCAR games have gotten worse since 2003. The game engine 704 is using looks fit for a mobile game.

Beginning to worry about this game, that...didn't look good. Just looks like a PS2 game

It's not just NASCAR games. Madden NFL has been absolute trash for the last decade

Pffffft LOL what a joke. At this point theres no way Im purchasing this. Its a bonafied NHE with a 2 slapped on it & resold as better. No thanks.

Hahahaha

Looks marginally better than Heat 1. Spotter is the exact same and provides no information, or info at a 3 second delay.

Shame, the world needs a good NASCAR racing game. I'll stick to running NASCAR cars on forza.

I hope this is from an old build because this looks terrible. With games like Forza, PCars & F1 on the market that dont sacrifice graphics for physics, there is no excuse for a game on the next gen console to have mobile level graphics. Please update your game engine 704

Yeah, PCars 2 comes out September 22nd. I'll be buying it and definitely skipping on Nascar.

F1 games from Codemasters are pretty awesome, I haven't played Forza yet though.

F1 games from Codemasters are pretty awesome, I haven't played Forza yet though.
Forza is good, though it seems a little less sim to me. The F1 games are amazing, though the last one I played didn't have a decent career mode. I'll probably pick up the next one.

Anything Codemasters is awesome. I've been Playing Dirt 4 for the past couple weeks and it is everything they said it would be. My only complaint would be crash physics.

Anything Codemasters is awesome. I've been Playing Dirt 4 for the past couple weeks and it is everything they said it would be. My only complaint would be crash physics.
I've never played any of the Dirt games. Worth giving a shot?

Is dirt 4 already out? Hell yeah

I've never played any of the Dirt games. Worth giving a shot?

Dirt 2 is my favorite video game of all time, no ****. The only dirt game I would not recommend is 'showdown'.

+1 for dirt. Also f1.

The only racing game I have not particularly enjoyed was NASCAR heat. I still dick around from time to time with online gameplay but usually to bang out some aggression because 90% of the people online race like assholes

Beginning to worry about this game, that...didn't look good. Just looks like a PS2 game
Wait til you see NASCAR Heat 3....
IMG_0874.PNG

I own an xbox & have found wheels & pedals to be annoying. Will a controller suffice?

Yeah. I would recommend simulation mode. Gamer mode is fun but just so unrealistic. i.e.: when you pitch your vehicle sideways in the air, it will automatically straighten out, destroying your corner entry.

With games like Forza, PCars & F1 on the market that dont sacrifice graphics for physics

Sorry, but PCars has some of the worst physics in the category. Chances are are overwhelmingly positive that NH2 will have better physics than PCars...and quite possibly PCars2 provided not much is upgraded.

Last edited:

It was on PC for one.

The great thing about PC games is that they're not limited to being one version of inferior product.

If you know what you're doing you can optimize the game and mod it up to your hearts content.

Second thing, Papyrus.

They were a legit, deidicated studio that actually put some real efforts into their game and whose purposed was to make racing games. They knew their craft well.

The reason why the latest NASCAR games are so tacky and lame is because the studios that comes along are just start ups with little money and support. They're just trying to cash in basically. Once the game is out they rarely even bother to add new features or game ad ons. Hell even simple fix patches.

There is a reason why the early EA games were good. They cared...then they stopped and the games became dull.

Sorry, but PCars has some of the worst physics in the category. Chances are are overwhelmingly positive that NH2 will have better physics than PCars...and quite possibly PCars2 provided not much is upgraded.

Let me guess...you haven't even play Project Cars? Or seem videos of it?

That game was already better leaps and bounds on their beta testing stages in terms of quality and performance. NASCAR has always used old engines to make their game. Almost to the point that it should be considered obsolete.

I own Project Cars and that game has it's problems but none of them have to do with how the game performs or looks.

To put it into perspective of how Project Cars is optimized...they had to canceled the Wii U port because that console couldn't run the game smoothly enough. Bear in mind the Wii U was a next generation console released only just a handful of years ago. Talking years, not decades.

I picked up Project Cars for free and tried racing stock cars at the Glen and couldn't complete a single lap without spinning :idunno:

I picked up Project Cars for free and tried racing stock cars at the Glen and couldn't complete a single lap without spinning :idunno:

What mode tier are you in? Start with ABS and traction control enable until you learn to be on your own. It took me a while to get the hand of it.

Novice enables everything and I wouldn't reccomend it. I went with amateur.

The Karts and F1 cars spin out on throttle if you just mash the button all the way at first.

What mode tier are you in? Start with ABS and traction control enable until you learn to be on your own. It took me a while to get the hand of it.

Novice enables everything and I wouldn't reccomend it. I went with amateur.

The Karts and F1 cars spin out on throttle if you just mash the button all the way at first.

Good question, with racing games I'm so used to just picking up the sticks and being competent right off the bat. I didn't touch the settings, I only played the game a total of 15 minutes so I definitely can't judge, I was just really surprised how out of control it felt.

It was on PC for one.

The great thing about PC games is that they're not limited to being one version of inferior product.

If you know what you're doing you can optimize the game and mod it up to your hearts content.

Second thing, Papyrus.

They were a legit, deidicated studio that actually put some real efforts into their game and whose purposed was to make racing games. They knew their craft well.

The reason why the latest NASCAR games are so tacky and lame is because the studios that comes along are just start ups with little money and support. They're just trying to cash in basically. Once the game is out they rarely even bother to add new features or game ad ons. Hell even simple fix patches.

There is a reason why the early EA games were good. They cared...then they stopped and the games became dull.

Agree on most points, but NASCAR Heat was never a Papyrus game.

I had to search reddit and found a good controller setting for PCars. The default setting is crazy sensitive.

Also. the "nascar" stock cars in pcars are infact near impossible to race. You really have to make big swings at the adjustments because they set up terribly loose.

I have a ton of fun with the open wheel cars and the GT series cars. Its a blast IMO but you cant go into every race and expect to be the fastest. In certain cars/tracks if you have the AI set up above 95 it feels like you have 50 less horsepower than the rest of the field.

I had to search reddit and found a good controller setting for PCars. The default setting is crazy sensitive.

Also. the "nascar" stock cars in pcars are infact near impossible to race. You really have to make big swings at the adjustments because they set up terribly loose.

I have a ton of fun with the open wheel cars and the GT series cars. Its a blast IMO but you cant go into every race and expect to be the fastest. In certain cars/tracks if you have the AI set up above 95 it feels like you have 50 less horsepower than the rest of the field.

You went that high in difficulty? Crazy.

I found my niche at around 65-70.

I had to work for the win and never ever checked out. My favorite series were the GT class. I found the LMP class too easy. You can really check out with those cars.

You went that high in difficulty? Crazy.

I found my niche at around 65-70.

I had to work for the win and never ever checked out. My favorite series were the GT class. I found the LMP class too easy. You can really check out with those cars.
Really depends on the vehicle class or track. I did like 8 seasons in Formula Rookie to start off career mode so Im comfortable with that car and those tracks at higher difficulties.

Do you guys like PCars better than Forza? I've always really liked Forza, and I'm decent enough that my online lap times at the Glen are in the top 1% in the world across multiple classes, without any tuning. Only assist I use is auto trans, because shifting with a controller isn't fun IMO. But I like that you can just pick up the sticks and be competitive in this game without much effort

Do you guys like PCars better than Forza? I've always really liked Forza, and I'm decent enough that my online lap times at the Glen are in the top 1% in the world across multiple classes, without any tuning. Only assist I use is auto trans, because shifting with a controller isn't fun IMO. But I like that you can just pick up the sticks and be competitive in this game without much effort
I've always found every Forza game after the original to be too easy and have awful AI. Their racing AI is the worst in any racing game I've ever played. Definitely go with Project Cars.

Off-topic: Anyone ever play TOCA Pro Race Driver 2?

I've always found every Forza game after the original to be too easy and have awful AI. Their racing AI is the worst in any racing game I've ever played. Definitely go with Project Cars.

Off-topic: Anyone ever play TOCA Pro Race Driver 2?
To be fair, you can tell the PCars AI is on a rail at certain tracks & alot of times they drive like they have 0 field presence. I cant tell you how many times Ive been door slammed coming out of turn 1 at the glen. Also, if you want to get tucked right up to someone's bumper they all dart to the right, which usually ends up with you and the car going for a spin.

I hope PCars revamps the career mode. I wasn't a big fan of it in the first game.

Let me guess...you haven't even play Project Cars? Or seem videos of it?

I own Project Cars and that game has it's problems but none of them have to do with how the game performs or looks.

It has nothing to with how it performs or looks which i have no problem with either, and in fact like those aspects. It just drives like crap. Do you have any idea what the word physics means?

I've spent 5.2 hrs in PCars. Bought it first (for recent games) and promptly was disappointed. Oh well. And I've seen more videos of PCars than I care to mention. Ian Bell makes sure they are shoved in your face every time you go to a simracing site. Their promo videos are what got me interested in the first place. It just did not live up to the hype.

Now I have 1,197 hrs in Assetto Corsa and still counting. I return to PCars occasionally to see if anything has changed. There's not much change if any that I can tell. Other games that I've found that have better physics are Automobilista and Raceroom.

This will give you an idea of how AC and PCars match up on the PC. http://steamcharts.com/cmp/365960,310560,234630,244210

Back
Top Bottom