NASCAR Heat 2 coming Fall 2017

It has nothing to with how it performs or looks which i have no problem with either, and in fact like those aspects. It just drives like crap. Do you have any idea what the word physics means?

I've spent 5.2 hrs in PCars. Bought it first (for recent games) and promptly was disappointed. Oh well. And I've seen more videos of PCars than I care to mention. Ian Bell makes sure they are shoved in your face every time you go to a simracing site. Their promo videos are what got me interested in the first place. It just did not live up to the hype.

Now I have 1,197 hrs in Assetto Corsa and still counting. I return to PCars occasionally to see if anything has changed. There's not much change if any that I can tell. Other games that I've found that have better physics are Automobilista and Raceroom.

This will give you an idea of how AC and PCars match up on the PC. http://steamcharts.com/cmp/365960,310560,234630,244210
Gamespot gives it a 8/10
IGN gives it a 8.9/10
Metacritic gives it a 83/100
DarkZero gives it a 8/10

Sounds like your one of the outliers :idunno:

looks fun. I still enjoy the first one so looking forward to that one.

I ended up buying a oculus rift vr setup the other day, I wanted to try a couple of the racing games out on it. Dirt Rally in VR is crazy. I had read others talk about it, but never tried it. It's pretty cool how flying over the jumps really make your stomach churn.

looks fun. I still enjoy the first one so looking forward to that one.

I ended up buying a oculus rift vr setup the other day, I wanted to try a couple of the racing games out on it. Dirt Rally in VR is crazy. I had read others talk about it, but never tried it. It's pretty cool how flying over the jumps really make your stomach churn.

I have the "rift" in my home computer setup. I almost blew chunks when I went out of control over the bumps

Good thing for me, I'll take my son. He'll get the age discount.

I have gone to Martinsville alone. Really did enjoy it. Left home when I wanted. Left the track when I wanted.
Yeah that's true. Heck my dad could probably get a ticket and I use this free thing. But I'm still not even sold on the game.

Well i've never been to Bristol or Charlotte. Guess i need to think about which race i want to attend next year .....

Some new screenshots were released over the weekend

Is it me or does thos game, along with NHE1, just look like a cartoon? 704 is using the Unity engine and having mobile game graphics on a next gen console is pathetic.

I just hope they include all the tracks when you purchase the game instead of like last year when you had to devote time to unlock them. I just paid $60 for a game, I want to be able to grab and go. Not do stupid missions or whatever to get to run at a track I like. I was going to buy this game but when I saw that I spent my 60 bucks elsewhere.

So today is the day, NASCAR Heat 2 is out. I was thinking of stopping on the way home to purchase this game ( along with Madden) so did anyone play or buy this game yet? I really hope its worth buying I havent played a good NASCAR Game since Thunder 2004.

No idea if this game is any good, I kinda doubt it, but that $50 SMI voucher could come in handy since I'm about to buy tickets for the BofA 500.

So today is the day, NASCAR Heat 2 is out. I was thinking of stopping on the way home to purchase this game ( along with Madden) so did anyone play or buy this game yet? I really hope its worth buying I havent played a good NASCAR Game since Thunder 2004.
Been watching some youtube gamers play it over several weeks and the consensus I got was:

Pros -
  1. All 3 Series + Eldora for Trucks
  2. More actual drivers
  3. Better career mode
  4. slight better lighting
Cons -
  1. Very similar lame physics
  2. Graphics still look like a mobile game
  3. No real paint booth
  4. No stats for online play

Personally from what Ive seen its a pathetic attempt that looks and plays like a mobile game on "next gen" consoles.

I may pick it up used around $25

Been watching some youtube gamers play it over several weeks and the consensus I got was:

Pros -
  1. All 3 Series + Eldora for Trucks
  2. More actual drivers
  3. Better career mode
  4. slight better lighting
Cons -
  1. Very similar lame physics
  2. Graphics still look like a mobile game
  3. No real paint booth
  4. No stats for online play

Personally from what Ive seen its a pathetic attempt that looks and plays like a mobile game on "next gen" consoles.

I may pick it up used around $25
Interesting thanks. I dont care about a paint booth or on line as I dont play online and wont spend hours creating a car. I just hope its easy to set up a car, the career mode is cool and you get to do multiple seasons with a driver like in EA Sports Thunder series where you could play as a real driver for multiple years while it kept your stats from year to year. We'll see I am getting a bit bored playing the F1 game which pains me to say as I love that game.

Interesting thanks. I dont care about a paint booth or on line as I dont play online and wont spend hours creating a car. I just hope its easy to set up a car, the career mode is cool and you get to do multiple seasons with a driver like in EA Sports Thunder series where you could play as a real driver for multiple years while it kept your stats from year to year. We'll see I am getting a bit bored playing the F1 game which pains me to say as I love that game.
F1 2016 is fantastic.

Pains me to say that if you love F1 2016, NH2 is gonna be a dramatic drop.

Apparently the game still stutters and has frame rate drops every lap.

Lol, absolutely inexcusable for a next gen console racing game. They are selling a mobile game using a mobile engine (unity) on a console for $50. Sad.

Apparently the game still stutters and has frame rate drops every lap.

Lol, absolutely inexcusable for a next gen console racing game. They are selling a mobile game using a mobile engine (unity) on a console for $50. Sad.

Very disappointing.

There hasn't been a decent NASCAR game in over a decade. Wtf :(

I'm torn af. I was planning on getting this game today but have seen mixed reviews. Now I've got this money burning a hole in my pocket with a cankering for some vidya. Do I go pick up F1 17? Do I wait until Wednesday to pick up either NBA 2K17 or NBA live 18.... which is a whole different dilhemma. I've heard EA's new basketball game gives 2K a run for their money.

First world problems...

I'm torn af. I was planning on getting this game today but have seen mixed reviews. Now I've got this money burning a hole in my pocket with a cankering for some vidya. Do I go pick up F1 17? Do I wait until Wednesday to pick up either NBA 2K17 or NBA live 18.... which is a whole different dilhemma. I've heard EA's new basketball game gives 2K a run for their money.

First world problems...
NHL 18

I'm definitely buying NBA2K18. LOL Live

@Michfan I've been mulling getting the new NHL game. It has been years since I last played an NHL game.

Coincidentally, the last one I played was NHL Hitz which features a fun 3 on 3 versus mode.

Next month I'll be getting Gran Turismo Sports. Passing on Project Cars 2 which is coming in about a week or so.

First world problems...
Wait a week for people to pick up the game, get dissapointed & return it.

Half price like new game disc.

Just bought it have not played it I'm sure I will be disappointed like I have so many ways over so many years with the games but oh well what's 40 bucks anyways

Just bought it have not played it I'm sure I will be disappointed like I have so many ways over so many years with the games but oh well what's 40 bucks anyways
The wife is gonna get it for me as a bday present, but it be till the close to the end of month

I'm definitely buying NBA2K18. LOL Live

@Michfan I've been mulling getting the new NHL game. It has been years since I last played an NHL game.

Coincidentally, the last one I played was NHL Hitz which features a fun 3 on 3 versus mode.

Next month I'll be getting Gran Turismo Sports. Passing on Project Cars 2 which is coming in about a week or so.

2k's 7 gb updates every other week really got old.. that's why I'm thinking about switching.

This is probably me in 3 hours let's be honest......

I

I am so torn on this one , I have it on pre order at Game Stop, well as they call it "reserve", I will be on GT Planet early release day to see what is being said about to see if I am going to get it, it will all depend on the offline content.

2k's 7 gb updates every other week really got old.. that's why I'm thinking about switching.

All games are doing that though. Is not totally exclusive to one developer.

Grand Theft Auto 5 Updates are stupid big. And they come weekly, too. Uncharted 4 was still updating their game as of a few months ago too.

It's ridiculous.

I am so torn on this one , I have it on pre order at Game Stop, well as they call it "reserve", I will be on GT Planet early release day to see what is being said about to see if I am going to get it, it will all depend on the offline content.

Game should have lots of content for offline. I myself am not an online player. I tend to stick to the career mode and such.

I'm excited for the ovals they have added in GT Sports. That should be fun.

As far as the basketball games go, I've played 2K and Live games and enjoyed both. Hell one of the YouTubers I watch I guess has NBA Live 18 early as he was playing it and honestly the story they got going on is nice.

With the NASCAR game yeah passing on it for now.

All games are doing that though. Is not totally exclusive to one developer.

Grand Theft Auto 5 Updates are stupid big. And they come weekly, too. Uncharted 4 was still updating their game as of a few months ago too.

It's ridiculous.
Well, hold on, the weekly updates for GTA Online is dripfeeding , today we got one new car as part of the Gunrunning update a few weeks ago. There is still like 8 new aircraft they are holding back to dripfeed over the next few months.

Grand Theft Auto still has a full SP story mode to play , which is big difference between what it sounds like GTS is doing, there is not going to be a "career" mode, its going to be some stuff to get you ready for online( sounds like it), I have no issues with games going online, but its coming at the cost of offline content, which yes, sucks.

Hell, PD is still providing new ( rehashed really) races via the Seasonal for GT6.

Game should have lots of content for offline. I myself am not an online player. I tend to stick to the career mode and such.

I'm excited for the ovals they have added in GT Sports. That should be fun.
I think you need to spend some on GT Planet, because what is being reported, there is not going to be lot of offline content for GTS , its suppose to be a online game.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gran-turismo-sport/

Back
Top Bottom