NASCAR no longer allocating money to non-chartered teams?

I think the charters are there for the buying IF a manufacturer wants to compete in Nascar Cup and Xfinity. They may have to take on a bottom feeder team in order to get them. Of course after that they pull a JGR / Family stunt to get rid of them and keep the Charter. I think a new manufacturer would need more than a couple charters to get them to invest. BUT are there really any manufacturers wanting to get into Nascar??

Manufacturers are turning away from racing series employing ICE powered cars, not starting up in NASCAR. If the RTA agreed to additional charters for a new manufacturer I’d be surprised, but it’s possible.

Maintaining the current size of NASCAR’s $$ pie is quite an undertaking given the current economic and public health conditions. Making it larger seems unlikely, at least in the near future. So ... 3 new charters for Mikey and / or 4 for Range Rover means somebody’s piece of pie will be smaller?

Whose? Track owners? NASCAR’s? RTA members? Right now, a charter earns a single car 2 to 3 million for showing up every week, plus prize money. I wonder how the owners of the 36 charters would feel about that number being made smaller? Beyond that, printing charters devalues them all. These people aren’t stupid.
My guess is that either they wouldn't like it, and NASCAR won't give a damn that they don't like it, or MAYBE they take the approach that a rising tide lifts all boats and adding more manufacturers and more rich owners with money to spend will make the sport and by extension the car owners more prosperous in the long run.

Manufacturers are turning away from racing series employing ICE powered cars, not starting up in NASCAR. If the RTA agreed to additional charters for a new manufacturer I’d be surprised, but it’s possible.

Maintaining the current size of NASCAR’s $$ pie is quite an undertaking given the current economic and public health conditions. Making it larger seems unlikely, at least in the near future. So ... 3 new charters for Mikey and / or 4 for Range Rover means somebody’s piece of pie will be smaller?

Whose? Track owners? NASCAR’s? RTA members? Right now, a charter earns a single car 2 to 3 million for showing up every week, plus prize money. I wonder how the owners of the 36 charters would feel about that number being made smaller? Beyond that, printing charters devalues them all. These people aren’t stupid.

It would make charters more valuable.

That has always been the point.
Who's on first

The number is 36.

Please send smoke signal when that changes.

I likely would too, but what if nobody you would want is available? Remember all that pointless Dodge talk from a couple of years ago? One of the points we all quickly came to was that that the ONLY team that "MIGHT" be available that could actually handle bringing a new manufacturer to Cup was RCR?
RWR

I likely would too, but what if nobody you would want is available? Remember all that pointless Dodge talk from a couple of years ago? One of the points we all quickly came to was that that the ONLY team that "MIGHT" be available that could actually handle bringing a new manufacturer to Cup was RCR?
still waiting for those guys to show up on the grid of the Daytona 500 like we were promised. oh well one of these years

OK, guys, parallel universe here. Last week, when I suggested that NASCAR might expand the numbers of charters I was savaged for it. Now you are agreeing with me?????
Last week you specifically said NASCAR would create charters for 23XI, implying they would do so because Jordan is Black. Bringing in a new manufacturer is a different issue.

Ain’t nobody knocking on the door anyway.

Last edited:
Does anyone think the NFL would expand to 40 teams? I think not. I'm sure the owners would have something to say about it, same goes with the team owners in NASCAR.

Does anyone think the NFL would expand to 40 teams? I think not. I'm sure the owners would have something to say about it, same goes with the team owners in NASCAR.
oh yeah I think they would if they could. Problem is that there aren't enough cities that haven't already been puffed up and then gutted and when times got tough left.

The individual NFL team owners hire and fire the commissioner. They're closer to actually owning the league itself than NASCAR team owners.

oh yeah I think they would if they could. Problem is that there aren't enough cities that haven't already been puffed up and then gutted and when times got tough left.
You're equating NASCAR with stick and ball sports leagues. How odd.

When those leagues expanded in the past, new owners paid millions to get in the door. That money was enjoyed by the current franchise holders.

Back
Top Bottom