NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

Ryan Truex will have a Bass Pro Shops paint scheme for Talladega:

Attachments

• IMG_6902.PNG
    IMG_6902.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 194
I am interested in what if any controversy this sponsor will stir up. Other than the odd person trying to create drama I don't see many problems as a primary sponsor is nothing to sneeze at these days.
Oh it won't because most of the fanbase is that way, I'm to oddball who falls outside traditional NASCAR demographics and am not a fan of several sponsors.

Oh it won't because most of the fanbase is that way, I'm to oddball who falls outside traditional NASCAR demographics and am not a fan of several sponsors.

Since the explosion of the patchwork quilt of primary sponsors I don't even remember who most of the sponsors are let alone what they stand for. It is probably just as well.

Would you prefer a whorehouse, or maybe a condom manufacturer?
That depends. I'd definitely prefer the condom manufacturer. Is the whorehouse in Nevada, where it's legal to operate a one?

I'd definitely go with LU over a tobacco distributor.

Byron, 19, will carry primary sponsorship from Liberty University in 12 Cup Series races in both 2018 and 2019. Hendrick Motorsports announced Aug. 9 that the Charlotte, North Carolina, native will move to NASCAR’s premier level next season and compete for rookie of the year honors.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...et-to-support-william-byrons-24-through-2019/
They're gonna have to pass the plate multiple times to cover those.

I can't think of a single 'traditional' college that's made a sponsorship commitment beyond a race or two per season, particularly at the Cup level. (On the other hand, it's almost 2:00 a.m. and I can't sleep for squat tonight, so I may be forgetting things.) On the other hand, most traditional colleges use stick and ball sports as PR tools. More traditional schools also use football income to subsidize other, less profitable sports; that won't happen in this case.

Last edited:
The world is a much better place to live in if you don't get so worked up over how other people spend their money or where other people decide to get their education :rolleyes:
Sincerely,
A "brainwashed" former broke college student who worked while getting an online degree from LU :owquitit:

How many cigarette smokers died so Winston could put its name on the series? How many Bud, Miller, and Coors drinkers have killed people while driving drunk? If you want objectionable sponsors, there's a long list ahead of LU. If the students object to how their tuition is being spent, they can always vote with their feet. At least they're not physically addicted.

I guess you feel it would be better for the former #5 to have no sponsor and the team not run at all.

Last edited:
This is coming from a former CCU football player so yeah, I'm bitter. Had an undefeated season but they called timeout after the successful field goal and blocked the last kick. Totally knowingly biased f*** Liberty. And growing up as a 24 fan for life this feels wrong on a huge level. I already hate Alex Byron and I thought he was good racer he could have been in any other car with any other logos. F*** this

How many cigarette smokers died so Winston could put its name on the series? How many Bud, Miller, and Coors drinkers have killed people while driving drunk? If you want objectionable sponsors, there's a long list ahead of LU. If the students object to how their tuition is being spent, they can always vote with their feet. At least they're not physically addicted.

I guess you feel it would be better for the former #5 to have no sponsor and the team not run at all.

Yep as I wonder how many people have clogged arteries or are in the midst dirt nap thanks to fast food sponsors or how many sugary drinks have caused dental and internal organ difficulties. Comparing the Uni to the others makes me think of "Give me Liberty or give me death."

This is coming from a former CCU football player so yeah, I'm bitter. Had an undefeated season but they called timeout after the successful field goal and blocked the last kick. Totally knowingly biased f*** Liberty. And growing up as a 24 fan for life this feels wrong on a huge level. I already hate Alex Byron and I thought he was good racer he could have been in any other car with any other logos. F*** this

"There are people in your life who've come and gone
They let you down, you know they hurt your pride
You better put it all behind you babe, 'cause life goes on
You keep carrying that anger
It'll eat you up inside baby"

Well, as long as your hatred is based on something logical and reasonable. :rolleyes: I had to put up with AARP on the 24 car for all of those years, so pardon me if I don't feel some of the pain going on in this thread. Frankly, at this point in time, I'm thrilled to find just about ANY company that feels an investment in NASCAR is worth pursuing.

:XXROFL::XXROFL:

Yeah, I always hold the opponent responsible for the officials' botched calls.

Who's 'Alex Byron'?

Maybe he's in the #24 because Rick Hendrick thought he was a good enough driver to get him under contract before the other cars with other logos got a shot at him.

Back
Top Bottom