1. Hello, Guest, We regret to inform the community to Johali's passing.
    Please see This Thread. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Zeck, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

I like the color on that with the white wheels. Nice for Cindric.

2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

yeah has a clean simple look to it shows off the sponsor well also. Drivers name should always be up top on the windshield IMO.

3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Pretty corny paint scheme if ya ask me

Kiante likes this.
  4. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

[​IMG]

blaney running this for the 500?

5. JBone88

JBone88 JR Nation's last ride

It would look better with white numbers, and remove the blue on the rear IMO.

6. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

White numbers on neon yellow? :bleh:

7. JBone88

JBone88 JR Nation's last ride

403C28AA-A8C7-43AD-AC86-501BC23BE778.jpeg

This looks pretty clean IMO.

dirtfan and Kiante like this.
  8. DSquad48

DSquad48 Wizard/Mall Santa

The new 48 scheme has grown on me. The weird ass hood actually seems to pop on the track. Especially under the lights as we saw tonight.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    Truex_rox, Kiante, Johali and 2 others like this.
  9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

The size of the Ally is very large compared to the others, easier to read. Harvick's is kinda weak and not the colors I associate with Busch beer. It might look better in the daytime, but I liked Johnson's car the first time I saw it. The colors go good together

Kiante and DSquad48 like this.
  10. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

I like it.

11. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

Now that Jimmie has finally found his mojo, for this weekend and hopefully beyond, I hope his lovely and elegant wife will insist that HMS change those garish yellow numbers to white, to fit with the rest of the paint scheme. I mean, it's a racecar, not a stripper bar..:dual9mm:

12. Joker

Joker #1 Harvick Fan

bUt ItS iCoNiC

13. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

14. superchuck500

superchuck500 Team Owner

That black and gold 9 car is awesome.

(I'm a New Orleans Saints fan - love the colors!)

2 Sweet and Johali like this.
  15. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Yep.

superchuck500 likes this.
  16. Blaze

Blaze Midnight Rider

Now you made me hate the car.

jk. :p

Turtle84 likes this.
  17. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Here is the Busch Beer "millennial" paint scheme:

Turtle84 and ChexOrWrex like this.
  18. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

You know, on one hand I find this funny, on the other hand, is it really wise to poke fun at the demographic you're trying to attract since all the boomers are dying off?

gnomesayin likes this.
  19. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

This is the greatest thing since Josh Wise got voted into the ASR with the Dogecoin car funded by Redditors.

Kiante likes this.
  20. Truex_rox

Truex_rox 19 looks better than ever.

Cringe.

2 Sweet likes this.
  21. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

"Skrrt skrt" is on the side skirt. Nice touch.

Truex_rox, ChexOrWrex and Kiante like this.
  22. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Hmm I got the feel that it was just funny from the car itself. It seemed like they were trying to join them and turn Harvick into a millenial. They probably could have held off on the "we lost a bet" thing, a little bit of a jab there.

I think it's some clever creative marketing by Busch to get some more youngins' drinking their beer this Summer starting with Memorial Day weekend, if they see the car it will stick in their memory bank. Wish it was in the 600 too, maybe change up the color and sayings. The sport probably needs more of this type of thing, maybe less embarrassing pink next time though.

Kiante likes this.
  23. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

Agreed. That Busch car is the douchiest looking race car I've ever seen.

Truex_rox likes this.
  24. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

It maybe a bit cringey, but it's fun and completely left field and quite awesome of Busch to get fans involved with the process. Don't take it too seriously, I mean its a one-off for the all-star race.

Honestly, it would have made a good competition between sponsors and encouraging banter between all of them IMO. Who could have made the cringiest scheme/livery? Let them have fun.

Truex_rox, Turtle84 and ChexOrWrex like this.
  25. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

“Making fun of millennials”

Meanwhile millennials designed the scheme.

Dale Earnhardt’s first race car was pink :idunno:

Turtle84 likes this.
  26. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Oh cool I did not know that part about millenials designing it. I think it would be good if more sponsors got creative with their schemes like this imo. It's an opportunity to take advantage of.

27. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

NAPA definitely needs to do this with Chase's fanbase. Don't @ me if my design looks identical to this though :cool: #bringitback

[​IMG]

28. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

#SQUADGOALS on the deck lid. Had to google YEET and still do not understand.

29. clarkfn2284

clarkfn2284 Here to make you miserable.

My Son will be 8 this summer. The term "yeet" is used a lot by kids his age. It's already come and gone in my house with him, so they are already a little behind on the lingo. Kids have moved on to "ooof!" and calling each other "King" and "Queen" when someone is being aggressive, complaining or preaching.

It's a cool idea, but it also shows the dilemma that fringe sports have when it comes to keeping up as literally all of the terms used in the scheme are already outdated. We used to say "skrrrt" 20 years ago in high school because it was used by a lot of CA rappers.

I like the idea and I think it actually inadvertently shines a light on the real struggle to keep up. I pride myself on being aware and alert to the constant changes in lingo and what words mean in 2019, but as a 34 year old, even I have had a hard time keeping up.

Turtle84 likes this.
  30. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

I'm a millennial and I don't know/care what half of that sh!t means. But I do know "bae" is absolutely the dumbest ******* word ever

dirtfan, Turtle84 and Johali like this.
  31. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

I thought "skrrrrt" was the "O'kkkkeeerrrrrrtttdilit" special noise by Cardi B. Fortunately, I have never heard either one used IRL.

Seems they are missing some obvious ones IMO, WYD, FWIW, LIT, OMG, FOMO, FTW...lol

32. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

ECFB0247-AB39-4FD9-A0C5-E2AB1FEA0276.jpeg One of the better schemes of the year in my opinion

Kiante likes this.
  33. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

34. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

One of the better if not the best scheme Austin has driven in Cup, that’s a bad looking ride.

Larsonfan1995 likes this.
  35. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

This is incredible! Looks just like the P-58 Mustangs like the Tuskgee Airmen were in. This is extremely unique, too bad it won't make the field...

36. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Let's go!

2 Sweet, Johali and Kiante like this.
  37. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

This is badass, this what its all about! Hopefully this leads to seeing Baby Ruth back in the sport as well!

38. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Holy cow at that music tho

39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Blaze likes this.
  40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck