NASCAR Sponsorship News Thread

I dont see them trying to sell to the highest bidder for the Sports biggest race
But, but, muh Daytoner Five Hunnert is thuh sport's bigges' race! 'Super Bowl of Stock Car Racing', 'member?

:p

Otherwise, that makes sense. Either way, my bank account isn't involved.

I guess that kind of cross-sport promotion must have some positive effect. I just know I've never felt the urge to attend a non-NASCAR event solely because an athlete or performer promoting it showed up at a race. I remember hearing about how fans of 'extreme sports' sponsored by Monster would start coming to races because that brand was now associated with NASCAR. Excuse me if I question the value of Kyle at a Lakers game.

I guess that kind of cross-sport promotion must have some positive effect. I just know I've never felt the urge to attend a non-NASCAR event solely because an athlete or performer promoting it showed up at a race. I remember hearing about how fans of 'extreme sports' sponsored by Monster would start coming to races because that brand was now associated with NASCAR. Excuse me if I question the value of Kyle at a Lakers game.
I wouldn't, Larson is from California and has been tearing it up on the dirt tracks there for years. Lots of people have heard of Kyle Larson in California. Judging by how many stick and ballers we have here at R-F, I'm sure it is safe to say there will be quite a few Nascar fans in the stands

I wouldn't, Larson is from California and has been tearing it up on the dirt tracks there for years. Lots of people have heard of Kyle Larson in California. Judging by how many stick and ballers we have here at R-F, I'm sure it is safe to say there will be quite a few Nascar fans in the stands
But aren't those people already likely to be buying Clash tickets anyway? Do you see this drawing people from that game that don't already follow racing?

Interesting and different sponsor. You wonder how that came about. Good looking car though.

Welcoming back Wheaties to NASCAR. They will be sponsoring 23XI next season:

This is a big deal, this means General Mills returns to NASCAR after previously sponsoring Austin Dillon back in 2013 and 2014. I think they also did some B2B deals with Kroger, but don't quote me on it.

Welcoming back Wheaties to NASCAR. They will be sponsoring 23XI next season:

This is a big deal, this means General Mills returns to NASCAR after previously sponsoring Austin Dillon back in 2013 and 2014. I think they also did some B2B deals with Kroger, but don't quote me on it.

Holy ****. This is huge. Just awesome!

I need this throwback, inject into my veins:
_3Wheatiesrefaa-vi.jpg

AVONDALE, ARIZONA - NOVEMBER 08: Brad Keselowski, driver of the #2 Discount Tire Ford, drives during the NASCAR Cup Series Season Finale 500 at Phoenix Raceway on November 08, 2020 in Avondale, Arizona. (Photo by Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images) | Getty Images

Cindric raced his way to success in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, clinching the Driver’s and Owners’ Championship in 2020. He also secured the NXS Owners’ Championship for Roger Penske in 2021 with 5 wins, bringing his total career Xfinity stats to 13 wins, 62 top-five and 89 top-10 finishes. For a young driver he has accumulated a wide variety of experience, racing in Global Rallycross, Australia Supercars, the IMSA Sportscar Series, the ARCA Racing Series, the NASCAR Pro Series and the NASCAR Truck Series

All Mahindra needs is an engine (and Ilmor could fix 'em up PDQ) and they could be Nascar's elusive fourth OEM manufacturer.. :idunno:

I mean, there is actual precedent. In MotoGP, arguably the most iconic and successful Italian manufacturer ever is MV Agusta. And before MV Agusta entered grand prix motorcycle racing, all they built was helicopters. Mahindra, in contrast, builds tractors, utility vehicles, jeeps, motorcycles... things that actually could be driven around a race track.

Steve Phelps must be drooling at the prospect. Maybe Caterpillar could the his fifth OEM?? :bazooka:

Was listening to Mike Joy yesterday and he brought up something interesting about sponsorship. Said he feels that the increase in business to business sponsorships have hurt fan attractions. For example Shell doesn't really push for fan involvement or sales, they want Penske companies to use their motor oil. As opposed to someone like Mars that is using sponsorship to try to sell product.

Said business to consumer sponsorship gets the idea of the sport in front of the fans better. For example the cut outs of the drivers in grocery and convenience stores.

Thanks! Mike has a very interesting opinion on this subject. Nobody walking down the midway is getting handed free quarts of 10W30.

Steve Phelps: "Everything is fine"

This is the problem, longtime sponsors are leaving the sport left and right, yet NASCAR management still continues to blunder ahead

I think this one is bigger for Kyle than the sport as a whole. We'll find out how well liked he is by sponsors and I imagine a significant pay cut is in store.
He'll be fine, there will be other opportunities for new blood in the sport. JGR has a pretty good track record of keeping sponsors happy, they will find something for Kyle.

I think this one is bigger for Kyle than the sport as a whole. We'll find out how well liked he is by sponsors and I imagine a significant pay cut is in store.
I don't think so at all. You may not like him, but I betcha he is more recognizable than our current champion. I think whatever pay cut he was going to suffer has already occurred with his last contract. Look up at that sky....it isn't falling.

Big hit for the preacher. We'll see how he scrambles to cobble up something for the Kyle.
They have a a year to find something. They have time, just what direction do JGR go in?

Mars is huge from an aspect of younger demo with candy purchases and such. Those little affordable things can make long-time fans. They will find something, for sure. It's just what can have the overall effect M&Ms had to the sport? Hard to follow up, but JGR's CV with sponsors is pretty darn good.

Big hit for the preacher. We'll see how he scrambles to cobble up something for the Kyle.
Oh yeah, he is screwed. He has never been able to attract and keep sponsors. You know, he just saps money from people, probably launders it, and then stuffs if back into his own pockets. KFB will be released by Memorial Day, and never find another ride because he is the biggest prick in the history of the sport. All sponsors will recognize JGR for the fraud that it is, pull their dollars, and JGR will cease operations by the end of the season. Then, Coach will burn in the flames of hell after his eventual passing. You got anything else, or have we already covered your bull****?

They have a a year to find something. They have time, just what direction do JGR go in?

Mars is huge from an aspect of younger demo with candy purchases and such. Those little affordable things can make long-time fans. They will find something, for sure. It's just what can have the overall effect M&Ms had to the sport? Hard to follow up, but JGR's CV with sponsors is pretty darn good.
Is there any data to validate that M&Ms attracts kids....and keeps them. Adults eat plenty of candy. I have never bought into that kid narrative.

Is there any data to validate that M&Ms attracts kids....and keeps them. Adults eat plenty of candy. I have never bought into that kid narrative.
You've seen the amount of children who are KB fans because of the M&M or Skittles branding?

It's pretty darn significant, but its not everything.

Was listening to Mike Joy yesterday and he brought up something interesting about sponsorship. Said he feels that the increase in business to business sponsorships have hurt fan attractions. For example Shell doesn't really push for fan involvement or sales, they want Penske companies to use their motor oil. As opposed to someone like Mars that is using sponsorship to try to sell product.

Said business to consumer sponsorship gets the idea of the sport in front of the fans better. For example the cut outs of the drivers in grocery and convenience stores.
Well that timing couldn’t have been worse haha

Look on the bight side. The gerbils will have something to chatter about every race.

I wouldnt worry too much. It's happened to all the recent big names of the sport losing their long time sponsor....... Gordon, Johnson ,Stewart, Jr, Harvick...... JGR will find new sponsors/partners for Kyle and the sun will still come up the next day.

You've seen the amount of children who are KB fans because of the M&M or Skittles branding?

It's pretty darn significant, but its not everything.
You know, I really haven't.....seen more adults. I think that the idea that kids are attracted to the brand runs contrary to the idea that car culture is dead. So, kids don't like cars, but they will wear NASCAR gear. Just not buying it. No question M&Ms appeals to kids, but are they making the connection with NASCAR? Not so sure.

Trying to figure out what in the holy hell Mars announces on Christmas week. SMDH.

Back
Top Bottom