NFL 2014

It cracks me up that the Browns game against the Washington team is being treated as a big deal because it's a Monday Night Football game.

Is it really necessary for the presaeason to be so long? Cut it down to two games and let's get the real season started.

Is it really necessary for the presaeason to be so long? Cut it down to two games and let's get the real season started.
I would agree with you, except that then the teams coaches and front office would figure out a way to screw that up by sitting everybody to avoid injury and getting everybody injured in the regular season because they didn't get any reps in the preseason.

So, do we all know why Jacksonville drafted Bortles at no. 3 and no Manziel or do we need another nationally televised Jags game followed by a nationally televised Browns game?

Didn't watch the game because I couldn't take the ESPN/Manziel knobslobbing, but I see he was 7 of 16 for 65 yards and flipped somebody off.

I would say I can't believe Johnny Manziel actually flipped the Washington sideline the middle finger on national TV, but it is Johnny Manziel, so actually it didn't even really surprise me.

Philly will trade Cleveland Mark Sanchez if they want him, he hasn't looked awful so far as the backup.

IMG_20140819_234501.jpg

ESPN has just reported that the Browns have named Brian Hoyer as their starting QB. The guys at ESPN are holding a midnight vigil tonight. They will gather outside their studios with a candle in one hand and a picture of Johnny Manziel in the other.

ESPN has just reported that the Browns have named Brian Hoyer as their starting QB. The guys at ESPN are holding a midnight vigil tonight. They will gather outside their studios with a candle in one hand and a picture of Johnny Manziel in the other.
Of course Hoyervwas named the starter. Why would you start someone who admitted they weren't ready for week 1. Unfortunately, he will be in by mid season when Hoyer effs up too many times.

Johnny Manziel said the other day that he is okay with in effect "redshirting" this season. If Josh Gordon is suspended for all, or even most, of this season that may not be a bad idea. This is a bad offense. They made no real moves to improve the receiving corps even though they knew Gordon was gonna be suspended for a long time. That offensive line doesn't look any better than it did last year when the QBs were running for their lives most of the time either.

The longer it takes to announce, the more I think Gordon misses, at most, 8 games. If they suspend him the full year, they are really f**king Cleveland. It's not a season suspension, it's a full calendar year. So we won't get him back until well into the preseason, at earliest, next season. It's bullsh*t that Goodell hasn't made a decision yet. All he's doing is trying to wait for this Ray Rice crap to blow over first.

The longer it takes to announce, the more I think Gordon misses, at most, 8 games. If they suspend him the full year, they are really f**king Cleveland. It's not a season suspension, it's a full calendar year. So we won't get him back until well into the preseason, at earliest, next season. It's bullsh*t that Goodell hasn't made a decision yet. All he's doing is trying to wait for this Ray Rice crap to blow over first.
Yeah, I don't think he cares that he is screwing Cleveland or what the fans think in general about the seriousness of pot offenses. I think he knows this Ray Rice crap isn't going to just blow over any time soon unless something bigger comes along, but if he holds out things happen all the time that could knock it right out of the spotlight.

I don't like it when the Chargers play the Niners. Two of my west coast teams.
Niners making a lot of mistakes early, offensively.

There's some genius commentary going on over on FOX Sports right now. Joe Buck says Blaine Gabbert's a great quarterback who struggled because he was in Jacksonville. And then he said Jacksonville is worse off now than they were with Gabbert. This commentary going on as Gabbert throws passes in to the ground and nowhere near wide receivers.

Rocket scientist.

Sam Bradford out for the year for St. Louis. Ouch.

I think Houston and St. Louis are both regretting on passing on Blake Bortles.

As a Houston fan, I wanted Bortles before the draft. However after the draft I am okay with not taking him. Obviously our future starter isn't on the team, but O'Brien seems like he knows his sh#t right now, and if he didn't like any of the top QBs then I am okay with it.

There's some genius commentary going on over on FOX Sports right now. Joe Buck says Blaine Gabbert's a great quarterback who struggled because he was in Jacksonville. And then he said Jacksonville is worse off now than they were with Gabbert. This commentary going on as Gabbert throws passes in to the ground and nowhere near wide receivers.

Rocket scientist.

Gabbert didn't look very good last week against Denver either.

As a Houston fan, I wanted Bortles before the draft. However after the draft I am okay with not taking him. Obviously our future starter isn't on the team, but O'Brien seems like he knows his sh#t right now, and if he didn't like any of the top QBs then I am okay with it.
The good news is there's potentially another good crop of QB's coming up for the 2015 draft, maybe even better than the 2014 class. So if Houston lays another egg this year, they can get a decent QB in next year's draft.

Back
Top Bottom