NFL Thread

I am not a 49ers fan but I am proud of him

Ah the 4th preseason game, where the Jets and Eagles showed off a whole bunch of non-NFL players. This game was just ugly

Woo hoo as my Birds jettisoned Sam Bradford to the Vikes for a first rounder next year. The Vikes over paid but it is still a good deal for them as they have the pieces in place to have a good season which would have gone down hill fast with Shaun Hill under center. The Eagles were not going to be a very good team this year anyway and Bradford would have probably got hurt again as usual so Carson Wentz will get his baptism of fire and the team can look forward to 2017 and beyond.

Woo hoo as my Birds jettisoned Sam Bradford to the Vikes for a first rounder next year. The Vikes over paid but it is still a good deal for them as they have the pieces in place to have a good season which would have gone down hill fast with Shaun Hill under center. The Eagles were not going to be a very good team this year anyway and Bradford would have probably got hurt again as usual so Carson Wentz will get his baptism of fire and the team can look forward to 2017 and beyond.
I was shocked when I saw that yesterday. Good move I think, plus we get a first round pick for when we host the draft next year

I was shocked when I saw that yesterday. Good move I think, plus we get a first round pick for when we host the draft next year

Agreed as the Vikes first rounder helps make up for the 2017 first we had to give up in order to draft Wentz. I hope he starts in week 1.

So the whole Seahawk team plans to sit in protest during the Anthem on 9/11?

Siemian has not been that bad.

I like his mobility and seems like he's not as easily shaken after making mistakes. This is a good sign for Broncos fans, hopefully he continues to grow.

Power went out right at the end of the second quarter and didn't come back on until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I was quite shocked to see Denver winning with how the first half looked for them.

A bunch of the bandwagon Panther fans will be off to buy a Bronco jersey tomorrow and pretend to be lifelong Denver fans.

Panther fan since they announced the team in 1993, but I guess because some of you didn't notice the panthers until the last few years, thier fans must be bandwagon fans...right?

Panther fan since they announced the team in 1993, but I guess because some of you didn't notice the panthers until the last few years, thier fans must be bandwagon fans...right?

When people I've known personally for years used to be fans of other teams and have, for the past two years, been die-hard Panthers fans, it's pretty obvious.

What's even funnier is those same people are always the first to call me a "Bandwagon Jaguars fan".... :XXROFL: lolwut? :XXROFL:

When the Orioles made the postseason in 2014, I was actually pissed about the bandwagon fans. Asked where they all were at when I went to the games and the stadium was empty.

When people I've known personally for years used to be fans of other teams and have, for the past two years, been die-hard Panthers fans, it's pretty obvious.

What's even funnier is those same people are always the first to call me a "Bandwagon Jaguars fan".... :XXROFL: lolwut? :XXROFL:

When the Orioles made the postseason in 2014, I was actually pissed about the bandwagon fans. Asked where they all were at when I went to the games and the stadium was empty.

And I know many many fans that have been fans through the rough years.

Trust me, we know there aren't bandwagon jags fans, that's not possible. Even though they might be decent this year, they have done really anything in 10 years.

I really enjoyed last night's game and look forward to many more.

Even though I'm disappointed in the outcome of the game last night, it was a fun game to watch. Thank God football is back!

Denver's defense was great, but some of those hits on Cam and Kelvin were extremely dirty. @Stewart Fan was talking about Cam complaining, but head hunting as obvious as Brandon Marshall made it is a bit much.

It's okay though because it's Cam. Let it be Brady or Rodgers and everyone would have been up in arms.

Even though I'm disappointed in the outcome of the game last night, it was a fun game to watch. Thank God football is back!

Me too and I really thought the Panthers were going to control the game especially after the turnovers, the 9 minute drive and the field goal to close the half. If they just could have strung together a drive to start the second half I think they would have forced Denver into mistakes with them trying to come back. The good news is you are the fan of a team that is highly likely to go to the playoffs and I am a fan of the Eagles who have essentially said this is a throw away year. The good thing about the NFC east is all the teams are not very good so we won't be officially out of it for a while. Enjoy the season and I will look forward to talking to you again.

Denver's defense was great, but some of those hits on Cam and Kelvin were extremely dirty. @Stewart Fan was talking about Cam complaining, but head hunting as obvious as Brandon Marshall made it is a bit much.

It's okay though because it's Cam. Let it be Brady or Rodgers and everyone would have been up in arms.

If your statement is true it is probably only because the Pats and Pack have so many fans they would make the make the most noise. I guarantee you if that sort of thing happens to Carson Wentz on Sunday the only uproar you will hear will be out of Philly.

If your statement is true it is probably only because the Pats and Pack have so many fans they would make the make the most noise. I guarantee you if that sort of thing happens to Carson Wentz on Sunday the only uproar you will hear will be out of Philly.

Zero penelaties for roughing the passer on Cam Newton last year. Zero.

I'm curious as to why he's treated differently.

Pocket Qb > Scrambling Qb. Its not because of the fact that a pocket Qb is "helpless", but for some reason they manage to get more calls. Just because they scramble does not always mean they evade, they take just as much punishment as most other pocket Qbs. He should not be treated any differently, but it is what it is at this point.

Should be glad Cam didn't get a concussion and glad that Kelvin's knee did not give out. They were taking some shots last night.

Pocket Qb > Scrambling Qb. Its not because of the fact that a pocket Qb is "helpless", but for some reason they manage to get more calls. Just because they scramble does not always mean they evade, they take just as much punishment as most other pocket Qbs. He should not be treated any differently, but it is what it is at this point.

Should be glad Cam didn't get a concussion and glad that Kelvin's knee did not give out. They were taking some shots last night.

the difference in the calls is horrible on some of those QBs. I've literally seen pocket QBs have a finger glance off of their helmet, and because its considered a personal foul to touch their helmet, they get the roughing the passer penalty.

I was not aware of that and it does seem peculiar. Hopefully the Panther staff has put a video together of all the non calls together and forwarded them to the league office.

Mike Vick drew roughing the passer and necessary roughness penalties when he was with the Eagles and he was mobile.

Not as often as a pocket QB though and Vick took a lot of punishment.

I have only seen the Panthers play a few times since Jake Delhomme was under center so I can't comment on what has and hasn't happened to Cam. I haven't noticed any issues of how penalties are called in the games I watch and if anything you don't have to do much to get a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom