On Going - Songs You Like

Traditional country fan, here.
Love this song. Maybe you've heard it. Ashley Monroe with Blake Shelton.
Can't wait 'til the official video comes out.

This song is creating some controversy. I'm not sure if I love it, but I like it a lot.

Accidental Racist

by Brad Paisley and LL Cool J

BRAD PAISLEY FEAT LL COOL J lyrics :
"Accidental Racist"
To the man that waited on me
At the Starbucks down on Main
I hope you understand
When I put on that t-shirt
The only thing I meant to say is I'm a Skynyrd fan
The red flag on my chest somehow is
Like the elephant in the corner of the south
And I just walked him right in the room
Just a proud rebel son with an 'ol can of worms
Lookin' like I got a lot to learn but from my point of view

I'm just a white man comin' to you from the southland
Tryin' to understand what it's like not to be
I'm proud of where I'm from but not everything we've done
And it ain't like you and me can re-write history
Our generation didn't start this nation
We're still pickin' up the pieces, walkin' on eggshells, fightin' over yesterday
And caught between southern pride and southern blame

They called it Reconstruction, fixed the buildings, dried some tears
We're still siftin' through the rubble after a hundred-fifty years
I try to put myself in your shoes and that's a good place to begin
But it ain't like I can walk a mile in someone else's skin

Cause I'm a white man livin' in the southland
Just like you I'm more than what you see
I'm proud of where I'm from but not everything we've done
And it ain't like you and me can re-write history
Our generation didn't start this nation
And we're still paying for the mistakes
That a bunch of folks made long before we came
And caught somewhere between southern pride and southern blame

[Verse 5: LL Cool J]
Dear Mr. White Man, I wish you understood
What the world is really like when you're livin' in the hood
Just because my pants are saggin' doesn't mean I'm up to no good
You should try to get to know me, I really wish you would
Now my chains are gold but I'm still misunderstood
I wasn't there when Sherman's March turned the south into firewood
I want you to get paid but be a slave I never could
Feel like a new fangled Django, dodgin' invisible white hoods
So when I see that white cowboy hat, I'm thinkin' it's not all good
I guess we're both guilty of judgin' the cover not the book
I'd love to buy you a beer, conversate and clear the air
But I see that red flag and I think you wish I wasn't here

I'm just a white man
(If you don't judge my do-rag)
Comin' to you from the southland
(I won't judge your red flag)
Tryin' to understand what it's like not to be
I'm proud of where I'm from
(If you don't judge my gold chains)
But not everything we've done
(I'll forget the iron chains)
It ain't like you and me can re-write history
(Can't re-write history baby)

Oh, Dixieland
(The relationship between the Mason-Dixon needs some fixin')
I hope you understand what this is all about
(Quite frankly I'm a black Yankee but I've been thinkin' about this lately)
I'm a son of the new south
(The past is the past, you feel me)
And I just want to make things right
(Let bygones be bygones)
Where all that's left is southern pride
(RIP Robert E. Lee but I've gotta thank Abraham Lincoln for freeing me, know what I mean)
It's real, it's real
It's truth​

Has anyone ever heard a country song called "why don't you set me free" came out in the 70's about a wife wanting to leave husband if anyone know the artist please post or message me thanks

Bittersweet Memories

by Bullet For My Valentine

You turn me off at the push of a button,
And you pretend that I don't mean nothing.
I'm not a saint, that's easy to tell,
But guess what, honey, you ain't no angel.

You like to scream these words as a weapon,
Well go ahead, take your best shot, woman.
I wanna leave you, it's easy to see,
But guess what, honey, it's not that easy.

We get so complicated. (Complicated! )
This finger's for our memories.

So rip my pictures from your wall.
Tear them down and burn them all.
Light the fire and walk away.
There's nothing left to say so

Take the ashes from the floor,
Bury them to just make sure
That nothing more is left of me.
Just bittersweet memories.

Memories... ahh...

I wanna run and escape from your prison,
But when I leave I feel like something is missing.
I'm not afraid, that's easy to tell.
This can't be heaven, it feels like I'm in hell.

You're like a drug that I can't stop taking.
I want more & I can't stop craving.
I still want you, it's easy to see,
But guess what, honey, you're not that good for me.

That nothing more is left of me,

We get so complicated. (complicated, complicated...)

That nothing more is left of me,

Woah oh oh oh (x3)
There's nothing left to say
Woah oh oh oh (x3)
There's nothing left to say

This is the newest song they have posted, and oddly enough, it goes along with a lot of what has been going on lately.

This is the newest song they have posted, and oddly enough, it goes along with a lot of what has been going on lately.

Dude, Skillet is great! I haven't heard the newest album yet, although I did see on Facebook that it was out.

I think I posted Monster in this thread earlier, but I might not have. Comatose, Cycle Down, and pretty much anything else off of their Collide and Comatose CD's are some of my favorites. Awake isn't really my favorite CD, although It's Not Me It's You and Monster are really good songs from there.

Dude, Skillet is great! I haven't heard the newest album yet, although I did see on Facebook that it was out.

I think I posted Monster in this thread earlier, but I might not have. Comatose, Cycle Down, and pretty much anything else off of their Collide and Comatose CD's are some of my favorites. Awake isn't really my favorite CD, although It's Not Me It's You and Monster are really good songs from there.

Yes, they are great! I don't believe their new album is out though. This and "Sick of it" are the only two songs they have put out, and I don't even thinking you can get this song on itunes yet. I started listening to them around Comatose. I like most of the songs on Comatose and Awake, though I only like a few songs on their CD's before Comatose.

An Awesome tune by Clay Walker! meaningful lyrics. snappy upbeat tune and kettle drums. I like!

One of my favorite oldies, originally performed by Betty Everett but here is Cher's version of it. "The Schoop Schoop Song".

Good morning all, if you need a lift: Blast from the past

This young gal can sing.

If you liked that one by her, here is another.

And last but not least, if you are old enough to remember the golden age of soul music, you have heard of Booker T Jones of Booker T and the MG's doing Green Onions. This version is killer. Have a great day!

Good morning all, if you need a lift: Blast from the past

This young gal can sing.

If you liked that one by her, here is another.

And last but not least, if you are old enough to remember the golden age of soul music, you have heard of Booker T Jones of Booker T and the MG's doing Green Onions. This version is killer. Have a great day!

Excellent selection of music!

I like the oldies, here is another great tune performed by the great George Harrison! See if you can spot all the celebrities backing up Mr. Harrison.

Thanks GBB. Don't encourage me. bwaaaa. no You might like this one. I knew I had seen him somewhere, he sang with Martina McBride and I heard him sing with Niki Lane. Anyhow, he tears this song a new one. Butch Walker

Thanks GBB. Don't encourage me. bwaaaa. no You might like this one. I knew I had seen him somewhere, he sang with Martina McBride and I heard him sing with Niki Lane. Anyhow, he tears this song a new one. Butch Walker

Thank you Butch! I enjoyed that tune very much. I am a fan of The Beach Boys and this song reminded me of the classic Beach Boys tune. Excellent song, Great background harmony and an Outstanding two part lead harmony! Thanks for posting all the great music. I hope Daryl Hall is planning an album using the above music. If they have not done so yet. ....Bob

I think this is rap, I think! I like it too. Thanks for sharing.

Just a silly, fun song I heard this week. Nothing more. I just like good music, and I like this song.
I really like everything you've posted so far and it's clear you're a music lover, as well.

... and Happy Birthday to my boy, mr. George Strait!

Kokomo by The beach Boys!

I've never been much of a Beach Boys fan. They're just not really my speed. But, I will say that I saw them in concert at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium after an Indians game back in the early 80's and it was a much better time that I expected to have. I had no idea of how many of their songs I somehow knew the words to until that day. Even the ones I didn't recognize were pretty easy to learn quickly and sing along with the chorus by the time the song was over. It was pretty awesome singing with about 70,000 or more people in an open air stadium on a beautiful day. It was definitely one of my better days I ever had.

Oh and, by the way, Kokomo was one of the few songs of theirs that I really do like. I had a friend named Kokomo when I was a kid. He was always the coolest guy in the room. That wasn't his given name, Joe Lee it was I believe, but nobody ever called him that. That included his sister who I dated for a very short time.

Just a silly, fun song I heard this week. Nothing more. I just like good music, and I like this song.
I really like everything you've posted so far and it's clear you're a music lover, as well.

... and Happy Birthday to my boy, mr. George Strait!

Thank you Nascage for posting these George Strait tunes. What an outstanding charismatic performer. More number one hits that any group or performer. 60 yes SIXTY number one hits as of 2013! Here is one of my favorite George Strait tunes.

I've never been much of a Beach Boys fan. They're just not really my speed. But, I will say that I saw them in concert at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium after an Indians game back in the early 80's and it was a much better time that I expected to have. I had no idea of how many of their songs I somehow knew the words to until that day. Even the ones I didn't recognize were pretty easy to learn quickly and sing along with the chorus by the time the song was over. It was pretty awesome singing with about 70,000 or more people in an open air stadium on a beautiful day. It was definitely one of my better days I ever had.

Oh and, by the way, Kokomo was one of the few songs of theirs that I really do like. I had a friend named Kokomo when I was a kid. He was always the coolest guy in the room. That wasn't his given name, Joe Lee it was I believe, but nobody ever called him that. That included his sister who I dated for a very short time.
The Beach Boys are a wonderful performance group! It is amazing how many songs we know by them. They are my favorite group. Their sounds are all about wonderful harmonies and some awesome two part lead vocals usually sung by Mike Love and the late Carl Wilson. The most amazing thing about the Beach Boys is that they were not put together but grew up with each others as family and friends. The Beach Boys are three brothers Brian, Carl and Dennis Wilson, their cousin Mike Love and neighbor David Marks. Not to mention high school friend Al Jardine.
Here is a video by David Marks talking about the Beach Boys beginnings.

The Beach Boys 1st Hit
(or at least the song that got them noticed)

Fat bottom girls, you make the rocket world go round

Perhaps this is a dumb question but it's something I've always wondered. Why does someone like Keith Urban who has a very thick Australian accent suddenly lose it when he sings? Is it just to appeal to the American audience more?

Perhaps this is a dumb question but it's something I've always wondered. Why does someone like Keith Urban who has a very thick Australian accent suddenly lose it when he sings? Is it just to appeal to the American audience more?
That probably has something to do with it. If he grew up singing american music, though, he probably just wanted to sound like the people singing them.

Here is a number one oldie from 1963! I suspect many fellows did not follow the advise in this song, I didn't!

Still Alive

Want You Gone

You pretty much have to play Portal and Portal 2 to get the two songs.

Some of you older folks may remember the song Strawberry Letter 23 from the Brothers Johnson's version, but Shuggie Otis did the song first. There is just some sick guitar work starting about 2:20 into his version. By the way, I'm not sure why the video goes on for over 10 minutes, the song ends at just under 4 minutes.

I like this song a bit better, but that's because there is nothing here but a great groove and some nice soulful guitar playing.

I haven't seen any country swing music posted. For you young in's, if you are single and lookin, spend a few bucks and learn to swing dance will ya. Why spend good money standing around and watching the band jumping up and down shaking your hair and then going home ALONE..again. Go to a place where they dance. When the girls see that you can swing dance, you will not have a problem finding a partner to dance with.

Not the best recording but the video is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom