SILLY SEASON 2018

@Allenbaba reported the dollar amount with Velveeta but I know you have butted heads with him on various subjects and have indicated you are in disagreement with them. I believe him as he has been right about a lot of things and has no ax to grind with anyone over any subject.

You definitely don't need anything in writing to state what taking a lower dollar amount for something entails as it is just common sense. If your neighbor goes out and buys a tractor for 50K I would assume you wouldn't rush out to pay 100K for the same item.

same guy said Byron wasn't going to cup for Hendrick. Like I said The Cheese deal is nothing but B.S.to me until something is in writing from a reputable source.

With the beer companies cutting back IDK how interested they would be in the whole enchilada but I like the idea. A foreign (Chinese) company looking to make inroads with blue collar America may want to become involved as the title sponsor as the Chinese have a lot of money and it could be a win win for everyone.
As long as it's not a Japanese company, then the tinfoil hats would really come out whenever a yota won :D

same guy said Byron wasn't going to cup for Hendrick. Like I said The Cheese deal is nothing but B.S.to me until something is in writing from a reputable source.

If Allen was a major league slugger he would be hitting about .975 which is very good to me. Of course the $175K figure could be off but based upon his knowledge of the Carl Edwards situation and many other things going on I have no reason not to believe him as he is a respected and knowledgeable person with no agenda.

They're not happy. Would not be surprised to see them pull out after this season if France & co don't remedy the situation very soon.

Do you have a sense of the aspect(s) they are dissatisfied with?

If Allen was a major league slugger he would be hitting about .975 which is very good to me. Of course the $175K figure could be off but based upon his knowledge of the Carl Edwards situation and many other things going on I have no reason not to believe him as he is a respected and knowledgeable person with no agenda.
I believe we were talking Cheese bud.

Cigarettes and Mobile phones. Those were two big industries for their time as sponsor. They had the cash.
I think Monster energy drink is here at the right time. Energy drinks are heavily into motorsports so it makes sense.

With the ban on cigarette advertising I feel like energy drinks have filled that void in advertisement. That's why I feel Monster is a great fit for NASCAR as energy drinks have also picked up their spot in motorsports and I feel they are similar to Winston more than Sprint.

They're not happy. Would not be surprised to see them pull out after this season if France & co don't remedy the situation very soon.
:confused:
NASCAR and Monster Energy announced today a multi-year agreement for the premier series entitlement as well as the prestigious annual NASCAR All-Star Race. Monster Energy, which will begin its tenure as naming rights partner on Jan. 1, 2017, will become only the third company to serve as the entitlement sponsor in NASCAR premier series history, following RJ Reynolds and Sprint/Nextel.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...y-entitlement-sponsor-for-premier-series.html

I believe we were talking Cheese bud.

I believe that Allen is correct about the 175K for the Velveeta sponsorship for reasons I have gone over. You don't think it is true. I thought that this was already established?

What do you think about Monster not being happy with Nascar. True or false?

Is your intel this time any better than Byron's agent?
Hahaha. That's the thing with information, it's always subject to change. NASCAR could come to the table this afternoon with acceptable answers to all the problems Monster is having with their relationship, and Monster could then sign a 5-year extension by the end of day today. BUT...that wouldn't change the fact that on Monday morning, August 14th, they're pissed. Same was true with Byron. The Cup offer literally came out of nowhere.

I honestly don't care who believes anything I post...I just like message boarding with you guys.

NASCAR and Monster Energy announced today a multi-year agreement for the premier series entitlement as well as the prestigious annual NASCAR All-Star Race. Monster Energy, which will begin its tenure as naming rights partner on Jan. 1, 2017, will become only the third company to serve as the entitlement sponsor in NASCAR premier series history, following RJ Reynolds and Sprint/Nextel.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...y-entitlement-sponsor-for-premier-series.html

What does a 9 month old article have to do with what is taking place today?

Hahaha. That's the thing with information, it's always subject to change. NASCAR could come to the table this afternoon with acceptable answers to all the problems Monster is having with their relationship, and Monster could then sign a 5-year extension by the end of day today. BUT...that wouldn't change the fact that on Monday morning, August 14th, they're pissed. Same was true with Byron. The Cup offer literally came out of nowhere.

I honestly don't care who believes anything I post...I just like message boarding with you guys.

I do hope one of those 11th hour deals can be worked out with Monster and Nascar as I think for continuities sake, if for no other reason, it would be helpful to retain them.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-sponsorship-announcement-natures-bakery.html

Danica Patrick and Stewart-Haas Racing welcomed a brand new sponsor to NASCAR Tuesday, announcing that Nature's Bakery will be a multiyear primary sponsor on Patrick's No. 10 Chevrolet beginning with a 28-race deal in 2016.

When I did a tour of ISC for my class we were able to meet a lot of managers from ISC and NASCAR. Monster talks should begin this month for more years. Since the deal was at the last minute we would see more involvement in the 2nd half of season. NASCAR wants to stick with country but monster wants to bring pop/hip hop artists to the tracks. NASCAR wants Sam Hunt as the performer for the 500 but monster wants The Chainsmokers, Fall Out Boy or Drake.

When I did a tour of ISC for my class we were able to meet a lot of managers from ISC and NASCAR. Monster talks should begin this month for more years. Since the deal was at the last minute we would see more involvement in the 2nd half of season. NASCAR wants to stick with country but monster wants to bring pop/hip hop artists to the tracks. NASCAR wants Sam Hunt as the performer for the 500 but monster wants The Chainsmokers, Fall Out Boy or Drake.
Holy crap how bad is music when Fall Out Boy is the best option.

We all know how that went...

yeah we do;)

upload_2017-8-14_12-5-27.jpeg

I still believe that RCR will likely switch in the next few years. Be it to Dodge or someone else, they have nothing to lose by switching from Chevrolet. They will never be anything more than a #2 Chevy team, and right now they are #3 behind Hendrick and CGR. If you could become a #1 factory team, why wouldn't you?

RCR is a dream organization for a new manufacturer. They build everything in house, have a presence in all 3 national series, and have satellite operations across those series to sell cars/parts to. The RCR to Dodge rumors persist, and I think there is enough smoke to prove there is at least a little fire behind it.
An interesting post, but RCR has a lot of work to do on its driver roster before it becomes a "dream organization for a new manufacturer." JMO.

An interesting post, but RCR has a lot of work to do on its driver roster before it becomes a "dream organization for a new manufacturer." JMO.

They do need some fresh talent on the Cup side, no doubt. The fact remains that RCR has more to offer than any other team that would be willing to change manufacturers.

Got to agree with Monster on this one, not that I like Drake or Fall Out Boy but that music is what younger people listen to and I understand Monster wanting them. Have no clue who the Chainsmokers and Sam Hunt are though.

Yeah it is, but there would be a whole lot more smoke drifting around before that article made much sense. Would be really hard to keep a secret with Nascar requiring a car to be approved and going thru all of that process.

Got to agree with Monster on this one, not that I like Drake or Fall Out Boy but that music is what younger people listen to and I understand Monster wanting them. Have no clue who the Chainsmokers and Sam Hunt are though.
They already had the Chainsmokers. I believe it was at Indy

They had Machine Gun Kelly for the All-STar Race which I thought was pretty good idea.

Yeah I don't even remember who was playing at Kentucky, believe NASCAR won that one and it was a country singer though.

Maybe NASCAR and MONSTER can team up to produce a rap album featuring the drivers

Kyle can rap about Brad
Brad can rap about Toyota
Harvick can dish dirt on everyone
D.W can have a rap song called "Booggity Boogity"
Kenseth and Logano could have a rap feud
Rick Allen can have one titled "Around goes!"

I think we could be on to something

Maybe NASCAR and MONSTER can team up to produce a rap album featuring the drivers

Kyle can rap about Brad
Brad can rap about Toyota
Harvick can dish dirt on everyone
D.W can have a rap song called "Booggity Boogity"
Kenseth and Logano could have a rap feud
Rick Allen can have one titled "Around goes!"

I think we could be on to something
Anyone remember the Mark Martin rap anthem?

They're missing the point again on just going for the kids... on the surface it makes a great idea... but kids that like that crap need to be old enough, be able to plan and possibly drive a road trip just to attend a single race.

Dam near each time I go to a race it's a three hour drive one way, that's a whole day I literally devote to seeing a race. What 17 or 19 year old is going to be so moved by the chain smokers music at a race for 2 minutes, they'll decide to plan out a whole weekend for A dam race... target the adults and maybe we'll take the kids to see if they like it.

NASCAR is not baseball where you drive to cheer your local ball team... the sponsors seem so out of touch with the actual fan who consistently tried or still tries to attend races... go to a race and open your eyes!!! Send one of your interns to the race and talk to people there. It might be a rough mullet the person is wearing but find out what convinced them to buy the dam ticket and what would make them do it again!

Get in touch with your fans before you keep making stupid decisions like making start times at races 315 and then I get home close to 11pm at night instead of maybe 830 or 9 several years ago... get in touch, because you're clearly not.... NASCAR and monster.

Private message me if you need help

I'd say the music does a better job at drawing woman than men. I don't listen to alot of new stuff and don't even know half the names of musicians today.

I thought I read somewhere that DP didn't want kids but I can't be sure of it.
Yeah I may have heard that , it may have had a "yet" in it though.
Don't know what Mr. Stenhouse thinks about that topic nor do I really care that much.
With all the new babies coming to the pits, it will wear on them with time.

Daytona sells tickets which include VIP area to watch the concert. Kids will do pretty much anything. I read 20 something year olds drove an average of 3 hours because they heard Louis Vuitton was going to carry supreme clothes. It turned out to be a rumor and about 150 were in line. A few were in line for a day.
Monster sales are up an average of 30% during race weekend at the nearest gas stations and grocery stores.

I am not sure if you are trying to compare the two deals, but I think they are very
different on many levels than they are similar, imo.
yeah SHR sued the pants off of them for breach of contract and it was settled out of court to the agreement of both parties for an undisclosed amount. Clint and Danica are both running Natures Bakery at selected races this year. But by guess and by golly works better for some.

They're missing the point again on just going for the kids... on the surface it makes a great idea... but kids that like that crap need to be old enough, be able to plan and possibly drive a road trip just to attend a single race.

Dam near each time I go to a race it's a three hour drive one way, that's a whole day I literally devote to seeing a race. What 17 or 19 year old is going to be so moved by the chain smokers music at a race for 2 minutes, they'll decide to plan out a whole weekend for A dam race... target the adults and maybe we'll take the kids to see if they like it.

NASCAR is not baseball where you drive to cheer your local ball team... the sponsors seem so out of touch with the actual fan who consistently tried or still tries to attend races... go to a race and open your eyes!!! Send one of your interns to the race and talk to people there. It might be a rough mullet the person is wearing but find out what convinced them to buy the dam ticket and what would make them do it again!

Get in touch with your fans before you keep making stupid decisions like making start times at races 315 and then I get home close to 11pm at night instead of maybe 830 or 9 several years ago... get in touch, because you're clearly not.... NASCAR and monster.

Private message me if you need help
When I was in high school lots of people my age and older went to RIR I knew, it didn't hurt that I lived 20 mins up the road but regardless, plenty of people that didn't keep up with NASCAR regularly would be there on race day. I also know from a buddy that Bristol in the spring is a pretty popular spot for Virginia Tech students.

These could be outliers from the average track but in my experience here in VA, although outnumbered by middle aged and older fans, a good number of young people still go to races, they just don't buy as much/if any merch and wouldn't go if it wasn't fairly local.

Holy crap how bad is music when Fall Out Boy is the best option.
Can confirm that not many NASCAR fans come to see Drake, FOB or The Chainsmokers. That is a insane culture clash.

Invite Aaron Lewis, Benton Blount, and their ilk? Game on.

Can confirm that not many NASCAR fans come to see Drake, FOB or The Chainsmokers. That is a insane culture clash.

Invite Aaron Lewis, Benton Blount, and their ilk? Game on.
yeah if it was Monster's idea to have the Chainsmokers at indy, they said around 8000 for Saturday and 5,000 fans came Friday.:idunno:

Back
Top Bottom