SILLY SEASON 2018

Probably where the rumor of RPM switching to Chevy came from as well.

If it happens the NASCAR spin and all the homers on NASCAR radio with gleefully remind us that RCR has the 3 car so they understand the importance of having an iconic number and carrying on its legacy. What that means to me is that grandpa's other grandkid will get that ride and start wearing a cowboy hat too.:rolleyes: Oh, and he'll have multiple season racking up numbers like The King did in his final year until he wins a fuel mileage race and luck his way into the playoffs.

Looks like RPM either gets merged into another operation or shares a shop with one. Worst case scenario would be going out of business but thankfully not as likely.

Looks like RPM either gets merged into another operation or shares a shop with one. Worst case scenario would be going out of business but thankfully not as likely.

Definitely very unlikely that we would not see the 43 car. But I do think it will be a 3rd RCR car next year.

I know people are gonna say it's 2017/2018 but I think it's pretty lame to see the black 3 as a Dodge considering Richard has ran nothing but GM's in RCR's whole existence. Whatever to get Austin the sponsorship money I guess.

Last edited:
I know people are gonna say it's 2017/2018 but I think it's pretty lame to see the black 3 as a Dodge considering Richard has ran nothing but GM's in RCR's whole existence. Whatever to get Austin the sponsorship money I guess.

What would do? if for example one company offered you let's say $20 million a year and that same company offered your direct competitor $40 million a year. Or go with a different company that offers you $40 million a year? I get brand loyalty trust me I'm all about it, but when your brand isn't loyal to you....you have to do what's best for you. If I was a racer and Toyota or GM offered me more than Ford I would take it because even though I'm brand loyal im business conscious. Unfortunately NASCAR is a hardcore business and it doesn't run off of feelings...its all about $$$

I get the money aspect, I would be a huge fan to see Dodge back in the sport. I'd just be a bigger fan of the move if it was a black #33 Dodge or something. I mean, isn't part of the fame of the team and partially why Austin still attracts the sponsorship is because it was the #3 GM Goodwrench car? I guess I just can't wrap my head around it lol.

Last edited:
I get the money aspect, I would be a huge fan to see Dodge back in the sport. I'd just be a bigger fan of the move if it was a black #33 Dodge or something. I mean, isn't part of the fame of the team and partially why Austin still attracts the sponsorship is because it was the #3 GM Goodwrench car? I guess I just can't wrap my head around it lol.

yeah I think a lot of the sponsors could be contributed to the legacy of the three car although Childress is always been able to attract sponsors and put them on any car whether that's because of the legacy or not who knows. but I don't think sponsors give a hoot what the manufacturer is.

I feel your pain. I have had to deal with the 43 being a Ford for the last seven seasons. If Gillett would've had his way it would have ended up a Toyota. As a fan of Dodge it was hard especially before they left. From RCR's perspective, they are never going to again be Chevy's number one team and have not been since HMS exploded around Gordon 22 years ago. I can say Dodge has been courting Childress for a long time now going back as far as 2014. I am pretty sure it was Childress using Dodge as leverage to get a better deal out of Chevy in 2014. At first I thought it impossible that he would entertain a switch but now since they are clearly third at Chevy I could see it. Particularly if the rumors are true and they have done some prelim testing for Dodge.

I feel your pain. I have had to deal with the 43 being a Ford for the last seven seasons. If Gillett would've had his way it would have ended up a Toyota. As a fan of Dodge it was hard especially before they left. From RCR's perspective, they are never going to again be Chevy's number one team and have not been since HMS exploded around Gordon 22 years ago. I can say Dodge has been courting Childress for a long time now going back as far as 2014. I am pretty sure it was Childress using Dodge as leverage to get a better deal out of Chevy in 2014. At first I thought it impossible that he would entertain a switch but now since they are clearly third at Chevy I could see it. Particularly if the rumors are true and they have done some prelim testing for Dodge.

I can't find any pictures of this but I remember before rpm/Gillette merged with Yates and switch to Ford they were about to switch to Toyota and they actually did a photo shoot with a number 9 Budweiser Toyota and Kasey Kahne maybe you remember this?

Yessir, those hero cards were even printed up as I remember it. Kasey even drove an xfinity race in a 43 Toyota at Charlotte. I try to forget that!!! LOL

I would say they will be on the RCR 43 but nothing in stone yet. Could go either way. I feel that way based on last week's article alone.

A wild card in all of this might be RCR moving an Xfinity driver into the 43 ....seems to be the trend. Petty could be to RCR what the Wood Bros. is to Penske.....just saying

A wild card in all of this might be RCR moving an Xfinity driver into the 43 ....seems to be the trend. Petty could be to RCR what the Wood Bros. is to Penske.....just saying
Personally pulling for Bubba. Speculation here but he might be the reason that they look as if they are staying. They loved what they saw when he was in the car.

Back
Top Bottom