SILLY SEASON 2018

I guess I never knew anything about Fenway having any affiliation with iRacing but the redditors were commenting that he owns 50%.

I really am torn about Chris buscher at this point in his career because he certainly has not performed for JTG or outran his equipment at all so I really don't know how good he is
Well I will be damned, I had no idea John Henry had a part in iRacing

He also owns the Boston Globe , BRS( duh), Liverpool Football Club

Scanning the last couple of pages it sounds like DP is seen as a failure with a terrible attitude by the people that matter.

Yeah....... and I call that bulls@@t..... that they never had to pay a single dollar for them and were estimated to be worth 5 million......
I post facts. The charters are paper assets owned and created by the members of the RTA.

If you think they paid NASCAR something for their pieces of paper, I can't help you.

I post facts. The charters are paper assets owned and created by the members of the RTA.

If you think they paid NASCAR something for their pieces of paper, I can't help you.
Some people just refuse to read and learn.

Hemric is ready for Cup, Tifft has improved a ton I guess he replaces Brandon Jones in the 33?
The article I saw says the 2 car. Maybe the Dillons will share the 3?

I'd love to see Hemric in Cup. I think he's a definite threat to win the title in Xfinty this year.

I guess maybe I posted that wrong...... or it was read wrong........ I was agreeing with you.... I called it bull@@it because they never had to pay a penny for them.....

and that wasn't right at all..... welfare crap......

rookie Hemric is driving like a veteran in Xfinity this year. Next year he should do really good. I think Tifft will do better than Brandon Jones but that won't take much
The article I saw says the 2 car. Maybe the Dillons will share the 3?

I'd love to see Hemric in Cup. I think he's a definite threat to win the title in Xfinty this year.

Hemric hasn't even been in Xfinity for a full year yet. 5th place and he spotted the field a race. I think next year will be his tell tale about how good he is with a full season of experience behind him. He has more potential than the Dillion bros IMO. I'm iffy about Tifft, driving a JGR car and not exactly tearing it up his first year. Hamlin should keep an eye on Bell, he's probably preacher's replacement for him soon. Family member and all.

I guess maybe I posted that wrong...... or it was read wrong........ I was agreeing with you.... I called it bull@@it because they never had to pay a penny for them.....

and that wasn't right at all..... welfare crap......

Look, I think the charters were a pointless waste of time, but are you suggesting the teams that have already been competing for years and years should have had to BUY them?

The charters remind me of a Pyramid Scheme where the first people that exited benefited but the more time that transpires the less they are worth. If SHR purchased a charter for 6 million bucks a couple of years ago would they be able to break even or make a little selling it? Would it be worth 10% of what they paid for it?

The charters remind me of a Pyramid Scheme where the first people that exited benefited but the more time that transpires the less they are worth. If SHR purchased a charter for 6 million bucks a couple of years ago would they be able to break even or make a little selling it? Would it be worth 10% of what they paid for it?
I will try to help ...

At minimum, an RTA Cup Series charter is, at least, worth the weekly payout percentage difference between chartered and non-chartered entrants X 36 races X 3 years (the minimum allowable period of ownership based solely on performance).

In 2015, the last year for which payouts were available for public consumption, the 20th place car in the standings was the 16, driven by Greg Biffle. Middle of the field. Roush-Fenway Racing earned $5,555,.082 in prize money for that car in that season. The rumor mill suggests that in the present, a chartered car earns 30% more than an unchartered entry. For the purposes of this explanation, let us assume that is true. If you like, you can do the arithmetic with different percentage figures.

So, if the 20th place car earns the same amount this season and is chartered, it will have earned $1,666,746 more than it would have if it it was not chartered. Multiply by three years ... $5,000,238. There are other factors that play in. Additional TV revenue dollars accrue to charters above and beyond the weekly payout. On the downside, if a team leases its charter out for a year, it must use it in the following season or sell it. That could / would have the effect of de-valuing the asset.

I hope this has helped.

At minimum, an RTA Cup Series charter is, at least, worth the weekly payout percentage difference between chartered and non-chartered entrants X 36 races X 3 years (the minimum allowable period of ownership based solely on performance).

In 2015, the last year for which payouts were available for public consumption, the 20th place car in the standings was the 16, driven by Greg Biffle. Middle of the field. Roush-Fenway Racing earned $5,555,.082 in prize money for that car in that season. The rumor mill suggests that in the present, a chartered car earns 30% more than an unchartered entry. For the purposes of this explanation, let us assume that is true. If you like, you can do the arithmetic with different percentage figures.

So, if the 20th place car earns the same amount this season and is chartered, it will have earned $1,666,746 more than it would have if it it was not chartered. Multiply by three years ... $5,000,238. There are other factors that play in. Additional TV revenue dollars accrue to charters above and beyond the weekly payout. On the downside, if a team leases its charter out for a year, it must use it in the following season or sell it. That could / would have the effect of de-valuing the asset.

I hope this has helped. .
Savage

The rumor mill suggests that in the present, a chartered car earns 30% more than an unchartered entry.
Surprised by this. The numbers I've seen make me think the delta is way more than 30%. The weekly purse delta may be 30%, but the base charter payment and the historical performance charter payment deltas are both 100%.

A goodern. :XXROFL:

I recall Gene Haas pointing out in an interview that, even if you don't have sponsorship for a car, under current circumstances it makes sense to run it because of the other money coming in.

I will try to help ...

I only made it as far as "The rumor mill" and gave up as it made no sense to go any further. At any rate if you feel a charter would trade for 6 million bucks on the circuit today I will leave you in Pollyanna land.

I will try to help ...

I hope this has helped..
I’d like to ask a question because I’m not well educated in charters, but you say it helps owners which I get, but what happens when an owner say like Richard Childress wants to sell the 27 charter (or the 27 team) but there’s no owner to sell to does NASCAR buy it from RC and in a sense cashes him out, then NASCAR keeps it to sell to an owner coming in? And what if there all these charters left over but no owner to sell too?

I’d like to ask a question because I’m not well educated in charters, but you say it helps owners which I get, but what happens when an owner say like Richard Childress wants to sell the 27 charter (or the 27 team) but there’s no owner to sell to does NASCAR buy it from RC and in a sense cashes him out, then NASCAR keeps it to sell to an owner coming in? And what if there all these charters left over but no owner to sell too?
Every transaction needs a willing buyer.

Without one, RC would have to lease to someone or hang on. NASCAR is not involved financially. All of this is an RTA creation ... first step in the franchise process IMO.

Every transaction needs a willing buyer.

Without one, RC would have to lease to someone or hang on. NASCAR is not involved financially. All of this is an RTA creation ... first step in the franchise process IMO.
Yea to me it just seemed like a franchise, a sports franchise like if an owner wants to sell a team he sells to a willing buyer. All interesting stuff which seems to favor owners as before if they went out of business that’d be it turn out the lights sell the equipment and move on, I read many owners lost a lot of money this way. But even with these charters there isn’t anyone coming in that I think will be the next Hendrick Motorsports or RCR or Gibbs, at least to my knowledge

Supply and demand. What they are selling also is blue sky. If you do well, you earn more prize money and your organization doesn't have to be sold for clearance prices. Almost always better to buy a going business than to start from scratch.

The thing is, in the stick and ball sports, a franchise has much more intrinsic value, and even the most poorly run franchises can be profitable, which explains why there has been little incentive to go to the effort to try and field a winner in many places. The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world, and they haven't won anything in over two decades. In racing, all the franchise gets you is a little better odds of not losing your shirt. If Jerry Jones sells out, he will get billions. If Rick Hendrick sells out, he is going to get pennies on the dollar, and the franchises he holds doesn't change that number enough to matter.

The thing is, in the stick and ball sports, a franchise has much more intrinsic value, and even the most poorly run franchises can be profitable, which explains why there has been little incentive to go to the effort to try and field a winner in many places. The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world, and they haven't won anything in over two decades. In racing, all the franchise gets you is a little better odds of not losing your shirt. If Jerry Jones sells out, he will get billions. If Rick Hendrick sells out, he is going to get pennies on the dollar, and the franchises he holds doesn't change that number enough to matter.
It's matter of scale.

The charters are not two years old yet. I'd like to b holding one.

Back
Top Bottom