SILLY SEASON 2018

The Toyota food chain goes way on down the line. Next year I believe no cup affiliated drivers at all in the last 10 races (if they continue with Ver. 3.5 playoff)

Correct which makes it even more possible that they won't need but 1 full time Xfinity driver. Busch and Hamlin could account for all but 12 regular season starts and some will be standalone anyway. Jones and Suarez have no limits until Dash races and Playoffs. Could still go find a ride buyer like he did this year with Preece and use the playoffs to get Gilliand or whoever is with KBM more development.

I do NOT want Danica in cup

she sucks
toddler-tantrum2.jpg

I have my fingers and toes crossed that DP will be back but I never considered it could be the 27 as I thought one of her prerequisites was with a top team.
One thing I question about Danika into Childress Racing is her tendency in the past to badmouth teammates for every little
mistake that effects her great racing. I can't picture Richard Childress allowing that to happen more than once to his
"perfect" grandson.

'

One thing I question about Danika into Childress Racing is her tendency in the past to badmouth teammates for every little
mistake that effects her great racing. I can't picture Richard Childress allowing that to happen more than once to his
"perfect" grandson.'

Not only that, she has been dropping hints criticizing SHR for not actively seeking sponsorship for her, and not giving her the equipment to be successful.

Whether this is true or not, I highly doubt things will get better for her at RCR. If anyone thinks Papa Richard is funneling Danica resources and funding at the expense of his grand sons, they are in for disappointment. She will be at the bottom of the totem pole just like she is in her current situation.

I'm kinda stoked for her to be on a one car team-shed get all the attention then.

I just hope it freaking happens!

Does the DC Solar sponsorship come with Poole or was that just with CGR. I like Poole and think the 27 is a great ride for him. I figured Daniel Hemric would be a candidate but he's probably in line to replace Newman.

Not surprised, Poole's dad is DC Solar. Childress has taken landing Drivers with solid sponsorship to an art form. Poole is more driven to win than Menard IMO. Aggressive driver, sometimes too aggressive. I hope it is true, he will make it more interesting than the current driver I believe.

I'm hoping that they keep another seat warm for poole somewhere. I REALLY like her in the 27.

OK she can't drive and the only thing she cares about is her self. So I'm confused why she needs to be in cup.

I don't think she needs to be in cup at all but she is an amusing character to me. It isn't Danica the driver I care about but I do get a kick out of her fans and the way she conducts herself.

Does the DC Solar sponsorship come with Poole or was that just with CGR. I like Poole and think the 27 is a great ride for him. I figured Daniel Hemric would be a candidate but he's probably in line to replace Newman.
Hemerick signed on for another year of Xfinity. I bet he tried for that seat though. But I'm not bummed out that he will be racing next year in Xfinity. I think the experience will do him good.

Not surprised, Poole's dad is DC Solar. Childress has taken landing Drivers with solid sponsorship to an art form. Poole is more driven to win than Menard IMO. Aggressive driver, sometimes too aggressive. I hope it is true, he will make it more interesting than the current driver I believe.

His Dad is DC Solar? I've never heard that.

Poole competed in seven of the 20 ARCA Series events in 2014, but otherwise did not have much to do. He recognized the fact that if no sponsor took a chance on him in his racing career, he would likely be going back to The Woodlands, Texas, which he calls home, to work for his father at a Midas Complete Car Care.

In steps DC Solar and Chip Ganassi.

Gansassi wanted to get Poole into one of his Chevrolets, but needed a sponsor. The veteran team owner got in contact with a representative from DC Solar, which then called Poole.

Jeffrey Carpoff , owner of DC Solar met with Poole in Charlotte, N.C., and the two kicked off what would turn into a solid relationship.

“He’s a huge race fan,” Poole told Frontstretch regarding Carpoff. “We hung out, and I took them around Charlotte Motor Speedway in a two-seater and we had some fun. About two or three weeks later they called me back and said they wanted to move forward with me and partner with a young guy, and they thought I would be that guy. That was kind of an insane conversation because at the time I really didn’t think anything was going to happen for me.”

His Dad is DC Solar? I've never heard that.

Poole competed in seven of the 20 ARCA Series events in 2014, but otherwise did not have much to do. He recognized the fact that if no sponsor took a chance on him in his racing career, he would likely be going back to The Woodlands, Texas, which he calls home, to work for his father at a Midas Complete Car Care.

In steps DC Solar and Chip Ganassi.

Gansassi wanted to get Poole into one of his Chevrolets, but needed a sponsor. The veteran team owner got in contact with a representative from DC Solar, which then called Poole.

Jeffrey Carpoff , owner of DC Solar met with Poole in Charlotte, N.C., and the two kicked off what would turn into a solid relationship.

“He’s a huge race fan,” Poole told Frontstretch regarding Carpoff. “We hung out, and I took them around Charlotte Motor Speedway in a two-seater and we had some fun. About two or three weeks later they called me back and said they wanted to move forward with me and partner with a young guy, and they thought I would be that guy. That was kind of an insane conversation because at the time I really didn’t think anything was going to happen for me.”

Yeah I thought wrong. DC Solar isn't where his dad works or owns a part of.
Poole did say this that might be on the right track

“I definitely think they are going to be involved in the sport for a very long time,” Poole said. “Obviously, my goal is to race on Sundays and I’m working really hard to do that, watching film, hanging out with my guys at the shop, being involved as I can. But yeah, I would say their goal is to be on a Sunday car and hopefully I’m good enough to be their driver.”

Chartered Teams
1. 1 - Jamie McMurray --- CONFIRMED
2. 2 - Brad Keselowski --- CONFIRMED
3. 3 - Austin Dillon --- CONFIRMED
4. 4 - Kevin Harvick --- CONFIRMED
5. 6 - Trevor Bayne --- CONFIRMED
6. 9 - Chase Elliott --- CONFIRMED
7. 10 - Aric Almirola? --- NO DETAILS YET
8. 11 - Denny Hamlin --- CONFIRMED
9. 12 - Ryan Blaney --- NO CHARTER YET

10. 13 - Ty Dillon --- CONFIRMED
11. 14 - Clint Bowyer --- CONFIRMED
12. 15 - Joey Gase? Ross Chastain? --- PROBABLY RETURNING

13. 17 - Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. --- CONFIRMED
14. 18 - Kyle Busch --- CONFIRMED
15. 19 - Daniel Suarez --- CONFIRMED
16. 20 - Erik Jones --- CONFIRMED

17. 21 - Paul Menard --- NO CHARTER YET
18. 22 - Joey Logano --- CONFIRMED

19. 23 - ??? --- SELLING TEAM/CHARTER?
20. 24 - William Byron --- CONFIRMED
21. 27 - Brennan Poole? Danica Patrick? --- RUMORED TO STAY AT 3
22. 31 - Ryan Newman --- CONFIRMED
23. 32 - Matt DiBenedetto --- CONFIRMED
24. 33 - Jeffrey Earnhardt? --- NO DETAILS

25. 34 - Michael McDowell? --- TOYOTA?, 3 TEAMS???
26. 37 - Chris Buescher --- CONFIRMED
27. 38 - David Ragan? Bubba Wallace? --- TOYOTA? 3 TEAMS???

28. 41 - Kurt Busch? --- NO DETAILS YET
29. 42 - Kyle Larson --- CONFIRMED
30. 43 - Bubba Wallace? --- NO DETAILS YET
31. 47 - AJ Allmendinger --- CONFIRMED

32. 48 - Jimmie Johnson --- CONFIRMED
33. 72 - Cole Whitt? --- BUYING LEASED FRM CHARTER OR SHUTTING DOWN?
34. 78 - Martin Truex, Jr. --- CONFIRMED
35. 88 - Alex Bowman --- CONFIRMED
36. 95 - Kasey Kahne --- CONFIRMED

Green - rumored changes within team.

Red - team is most likely shutting down.

Part Time/No Charter Teams
7 - Tommy Baldwin Racing --- Teamed up with Jay Robinson Racing, has ran select races.
23 & 83 - BK Racing --- Guessing BK will probably get rid of it's charters and drop to part time or done completely.
51 - Rick Ware Racing --- Ran the majority of the schedule, could pick up or lease a charter?
55 - Premium Motorsports --- Ran the full schedule, maybe looking in at a charter?
75 - Beard Motorsports --- Ran plate races in 2017 with good results.
96 - Gaunt Brothers Racing --- Ran first 2 plate races of 2017, could be back for 500.

In what whacked out sport does Danica Patrick get a job, while Matt Kenseth is forced into retirement?
Danica races for CHEAP compared to what Kenseth wants. There's no need for him at this point to continue racing if he doesn't feel he's being compensated the way he wants. It's not a matter of him not getting a ride, it's a matter of her not demanding money like he does.

So Roush possibly brings back the #97 and gets Patrick and Stenhouse on the same team. And as potential sponsors become aware of the inevitable media hysteria, money starts rolling in.

Yeah, I can see that as media attention is a much sought after commodity these days.
To be honest, I think it'd be kind of cool as long as they felt they'd be able to handle it as a couple, which I think they could by how much they've advised one another even since being friends. RFR has been a bit dull other than Stenhouse dominating plate tracks. She's not going to be around for more than a year or two and she could have a lasting impact on the eyes focusing on that team. Once she retires, she'll be sitting on Ricky's pit box in full WAG mode and could still be a face for Ford, work with the team, etc. I don't see any negative there.

Wait a minute, I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this but maybe Subway caught wind of the potential FRM partnership and bailed because of Bob Jenkins and Taco Bell, Long John Silver's, KFC, etc.

Wait a minute, I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this but maybe Subway caught wind of the potential FRM partnership and bailed because of Bob Jenkins and Taco Bell, Long John Silver's, KFC, etc.
Um what?, I think you are the first one to think of this as it makes no sense unless I am missing something.

Gotta keep an eye on that SOI guy.........:D

I was thinking the same as him, I just wasn't sure. I'd only ever seen the guy drive with DC Solor and boy do they ever throw stickers on and inside the car. Dont know if they'll stay with him but they'd be smart to stay with CGR and sponsor Larson.

Back
Top Bottom