SILLY SEASON 2018

I can see Monster holding off on a commitment when AB In-Bev is making purchase overtures.

AB-In-Bev isn't making purchase overtures. An analyst suggested AB In-Bev could potentially look into getting into the energy drink market. Monster was only in the conversation because AB In-Bev has experience with Monster as a distributor, and could potentially be a target. Big difference between a company looking to buy another and someone suggesting a company they don't work for or represent buy another company. It's just talk. Monster is hesitating on NASCAR for other reasons than a potential purchase.

Brittany Force won the last NHRA race in her Monster Energy top fuel dragster ,2nd in points. Her season has been the best of the two

Front Row Motorsports will not defect to Toyota
Although it’s unlikely that Triad’s status would have affected FRM’s decision—TRD has the capability to provide three additional engine programs—the challenge of starting from scratch with a new manufacturer would have been taxing on the team.

In addition, Ford sweetened the deal by offering FRM a Tier 1 engine program. Roush Fenway Racing will also provide superspeedway and road course cars for Front Row so the organization can focus on its intermediate program.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/front-row-motorsports-will-not-defect-to-toyota-972574/

Front Row Motorsports will not defect to Toyota
Although it’s unlikely that Triad’s status would have affected FRM’s decision—TRD has the capability to provide three additional engine programs—the challenge of starting from scratch with a new manufacturer would have been taxing on the team.

In addition, Ford sweetened the deal by offering FRM a Tier 1 engine program. Roush Fenway Racing will also provide superspeedway and road course cars for Front Row so the organization can focus on its intermediate program.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/front-row-motorsports-will-not-defect-to-toyota-972574/
Sounds like that pushes RPM out the door

Matt Crafton re-signs with ThorSport Racing for 2018
“It’s been an honor to be with ThorSport Racing,” Crafton told motorsport.com. “I’ve always said I’d be happy to stay in the truck series and end my career in the truck series because it’s just awesome racing. I truly, truly love it here and with the owners I have, you could never ask for better owners. I’ve worked around and seen a lot of owners come and go, but Duke and Rhonda have always been a man and woman of their words. “They’ve always told me I can be here as long as I want to be and just keep winning races and contending for championships. How many people in this sport can you say have done that? I’m very, very happy to be racing another year for them next year and hopefully, many years after that. I’d be happy to end my career at ThorSport and remain there until I’m ready to bow out.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-truck/news/nascar-matt-crafton-re-signs-thorsport-972642/

Haha Roush has way too many ties to Ford beyond Nascar.....Im excited to hear...maybe Matts back!!!
Why the hell would he go back there? Love Roush to death but they're average at best and if it's true what Matt is requesting in salary, he'd have to bring a full sponsor that was giving enough to cover his sponsorship and salary. Plus after Roush said he went to the "dark side" I highly doubt that relationship is a warm and fuzzy one. I remember when there was talk of him going to SHR and several media members mentioned the tension of him vs Ford after him taking Logano out at Martinsville. Roush would be a tremendous step down for him at this point.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Danica to the 16.

Rumor Updates...
Danica is taking the 10 with her where ever that is.

Matt to the Smithfield car with SHR

Aric Almirola to either 34 Cup or full time 98 Xfin ride.

Petty to Chevy under RCR

Rumor Updates...

Petty to Chevy under RCR
where are you getting this?

@Allenbaba any truth to Patrick keeping the 10? Love to see her at RFR

Rumor Updates...

Petty to Chevy under RCR

I can see ALL that happening in the off season. But I think if Matt goes to SHR it will be with a reduced salary.

Why the hell would he go back there? Love Roush to death but they're average at best and if it's true what Matt is requesting in salary, he'd have to bring a full sponsor that was giving enough to cover his sponsorship and salary. Plus after Roush said he went to the "dark side" I highly doubt that relationship is a warm and fuzzy one. I remember when there was talk of him going to SHR and several media members mentioned the tension of him vs Ford after him taking Logano out at Martinsville. Roush would be a tremendous step down for him at this point.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Danica to the 16.

Besides SHR there are no better options...its not impossible. I really dont think the Roush cars are that far off. I just dont think Bayne has any talent and he makes the 6 look worse than it is. Ricky is decent but i dont think he is a good enough driver to outdrive his car. Like Carl or Matt were. As far as the money goes thats the biggest obsticle anywhere he wants to go.....but it might get to the point were you either drive for 3 mil or dont drive at all it depends how bad he wants to race.

So many "rumors" that are nothing more than hopes and dreams. I could say I've heard Carl Edwards is going to a third Ganassi car next year, and some asshat on reddit will read it here and run with it. Suddenly it's a big rumor from anonymous "sources"

Holy crap edwards to CGR??? Haha jk

Besides SHR there are no better options...its not impossible. I really dont think the Roush cars are that far off. I just dont think Bayne has any talent and he makes the 6 look worse than it is. Ricky is decent but i dont think he is a good enough driver to outdrive his car. Like Carl or Matt were. As far as the money goes thats the biggest obsticle anywhere he wants to go.....but it might get to the point were you either drive for 3 mil or dont drive at all it depends how bad he wants to race.
I have a feeling Matt would take 4 million that being half the asking price. I can also see SHR giving him a 2 year ride at that price if a good sponsor comes with him. It would probably be a better deal than Danica this year.

Nate Ryan had a story on Kenseth a few days back .. mentioned that there were whispers Matt could land a competitive ride if he was willing to drop his asking price and settle for less at-track perks. I took that to mean that he may have an offer from someone, but not at a price he is really thrilled about. If he's still got the bug he should take it, and maybe try to work out a bonus package based on performance to maybe earn back some more dough. In Matt's recent interviews it sounds like he is seriously considering retirement. He went from saying several weeks back that he wanted to keep racing to most recently mentioning long walks and talks with his wife.

“As I have said before for years, if I don’t feel I can get a good ride in Cup and have the chance to win, or have a better chance to win than I even do now, if not the same but better, then, you know, it’s not that much fun."

This statement seems to preclude a move to RFR as SHR has better equipment and surely gives her a better shot at a win or even a top 20.

“As I have said before for years, if I don’t feel I can get a good ride in Cup and have the chance to win, or have a better chance to win than I even do now, if not the same but better, then, you know, it’s not that much fun."

This statement seems to preclude a move to RFR as SHR has better equipment and surely gives her a better shot at a win or even a top 20.

If we're being completely honest, Ricky has as many wins as all of SHR combined. He may not be consistent and they have a long way to go on their intermediate program, but they're not a terrible team. There's no seat available at a team like SHR. You have to take a step down. She also mentioned "passion" and "potential" both of those words relate to RFR, especially if you look at the improvements they've made. I just have to imagine if Ricky feels RFR is good enough for him (he's said all along he's loyal to Jack and will be staying) then RFR is good enough for her.

I'd be more interested in who she could bring along with her. If they can get her AND Billy Scott (who hasn't sounded like he's got plans straight for next year as of his most recent sirius interview) I would have to imagine that could be a huge bonus for them if he's bringing SHR's Ford notes in his backpack. They need something fresh at RFR and something like this could be it.

If we're being completely honest, Ricky has as many wins as all of SHR combined. He may not be consistent and they have a long way to go on their intermediate program, but they're not a terrible team. There's no seat available at a team like SHR. You have to take a step down. She also mentioned "passion" and "potential" both of those words relate to RFR, especially if you look at the improvements they've made. I just have to imagine if Ricky feels RFR is good enough for him (he's said all along he's loyal to Jack and will be staying) then RFR is good enough for her.

I'd be more interested in who she could bring along with her. If they can get her AND Billy Scott (who hasn't sounded like he's got plans straight for next year as of his most recent sirius interview) I would have to imagine that could be a huge bonus for them if he's bringing SHR's Ford notes in his backpack. They need something fresh at RFR and something like this could be it.

Plus, at RFR, shed be a big fish in a smaller pond. she get more attention,....her and ricky.

Apparently she brought quite a bit of sponsorship to the 77 car but it wasn't enough but perhaps it is enough for a full year at RFR. I still don't see how a move to RFR would represent an upgrade to her chances of winning or running competitively as she has not done that in 4 years at SHR. Stenhouse has 8 or 9 top 5's in 100+ races so I am definitely from Missouri regarding the strength of this organization.

I'd like to see how she'd do where she's not the bottom of the barrel driver with her voice going against guys who have been winning in Cup since before she ever even started racing at a national level. With Kevin and Kurt there, I highly doubt they even listen to her input.

When was the last time Roush hired a Cup driver from the outside? Even though she's not great, her input and knowledge of what another team is doing could be the spark they need to make correct additional changes.

I'd like to see how she'd do where she's not the bottom of the barrel driver with her voice going against guys who have been winning in Cup since before she ever even started racing at a national level. With Kevin and Kurt there, I highly doubt they even listen to her input.

When was the last time Roush hired a Cup driver from the outside? Even though she's not great, her input and knowledge of what another team is doing could be the spark they need to make correct additional changes.

Normally when you start out as a driver or an employee in the real world you shut up and learn and once you begin to mature and succeed in your position others will come to you seeking input and advice. I highly doubt that the 3 HMS teams were beating on the door of the 48 looking for advice until it was shown that the team was good and knew what it was doing.

At this point I am not sure what kind of valuable input Danica could provide other team members. How to restart a race well? How to navigate from the back of the field to the front? How to wreck a competitor without damaging his car but destroying yours? Most people want to learn from the best or at least the best available and at this point DP has not crossed that bridge.

Looks like there was more than just hurt feelings there when the King called them out. I'm still not sure that as really the way to handle it, but maybe it forced them to make a deal.

OMG....you called it

I am NOT one of the Danica haters, so don't take this wrong, but the idea of boyfriend and girlfriend driving for the same team just looks like a big circus, clowns and all to me. I just don't see that ending well. For one thing, what if their relationship went south during the contract period? That could get REAL uncomfortable. I would like to see Danica get a decent ride, just because I think NASCAR is more interesting with her than without, but I would be VERY wary of that situation.

I am NOT one of the Danica haters, so don't take this wrong, but the idea of boyfriend and girlfriend driving for the same team just looks like a big circus, clowns and all to me. I just don't see that ending well. For one thing, what if their relationship went south during the contract period? That could get REAL uncomfortable. I would like to see Danica get a decent ride, just because I think NASCAR is more interesting with her than without, but I would be VERY wary of that situation.
It's weird to me, almost as weird as having your grandsons drive for you. So many young kids out there that cant get a ride and now RFR could turn into a E Network Reality Show. Unreal...

dont think thats liable to happen. They have wrecked each other before......I think they are pretty stable in that area.

Back
Top Bottom