SILLY SEASON 2018

I am NOT one of the Danica haters, so don't take this wrong, but the idea of boyfriend and girlfriend driving for the same team just looks like a big circus, clowns and all to me. I just don't see that ending well. For one thing, what if their relationship went south during the contract period? That could get REAL uncomfortable. I would like to see Danica get a decent ride, just because I think NASCAR is more interesting with her than without, but I would be VERY wary of that situation.

I think there's few couples that could handle it, but they're one of the few. They've been through a lot of ups and downs competitively over the course of their relationship and they've never seen shaken by it. Neither of them clown around when it comes to racing. They've made it very clear over all their years together that racing is always a serious topic between the two of them.

Trying to come up with a name for their inevitable reality TV show chronicling their season (or seasonS) as Teammates.

If Roush brings Danica on board, after letting Biffle, Buescher and Wallace walk out the door, it shows why they’re on the decline. This coming on the heels of losing Kenseth and Edwards in recent years.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not opposed to Danica having a ride. I just don’t see a driver lineup of Stenhouse, Bayne and Danica restoring RFR to its former glory.

If Roush brings Danica on board, after letting Biffle, Buescher and Wallace walk out the door, it shows why they’re on the decline. This coming on the heels of losing Kenseth and Edwards in recent years.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not opposed to Danica having a ride. I just don’t see a driver lineup of Stenhouse, Bayne and Danica restoring RFR to its former glory.

Very true

Yeah...... not a very impressive lineup when you consider the great drivers Jack used to employ..... Had he only spent the money for R&D in the years he had them.... He could have had multiple Championships...... He managed to squeak out 2..... Busch and Kenseth...... but it could have been much more lucrative..... I always felt in the later years Jack was using Mark for the R&D driver instead of giving him proven equipment.... Mark had some pretty good years after leaving Jack.... so did Kenseth and Edwards...... I really never understood the hold and loyalty bond that Jack had with a lot of his drivers..... they stuck with him thru thick and thin... Mark stuck with him I think 18 years...... I guess a lot of them just had ''old time'' scruples ...... appreciating the chance he gave them to get a top notch ride.

Yeah...... not a very impressive lineup when you consider the great drivers Jack used to employ..... Had he only spent the money for R&D in the years he had them.... He could have had multiple Championships...... He managed to squeak out 2..... Busch and Kenseth...... but it could have been much more lucrative..... I always felt in the later years Jack was using Mark for the R&D driver instead of giving him proven equipment.... Mark had some pretty good years after leaving Jack.... so did Kenseth and Edwards...... I really never understood the hold and loyalty bond that Jack had with a lot of his drivers..... they stuck with him thru thick and thin... Mark stuck with him I think 18 years...... I guess a lot of them just had ''old time'' scruples ...... appreciating the chance he gave them to get a top notch ride.

Add Biffle to that group as well. Shame he never got that late career resurgence the other guys got. He had more wins, maybe a championship in him. But stuck around the sinking ship far too long.

Add Biffle to that group as well. Shame he never got that late career resurgence the other guys got. He had more wins, maybe a championship in him. But stuck around the sinking ship far too long.
I didn't mean to leave Biffle out........ He hung in like a hair in a biscuit until the bitter end....... all those guys were loyal........

Well, I guess this doesn't help Danica.

Disagree with Bob here. If she brings funding, they hire her. RFR is not in the position to turn down millions and a big name driver due to who she lives with. I'm actually disappointed Bob would publicize those words by Newmark without a direct quote from the present time. Saying something a guy said in private years ago isn't cool. He should have gotten direct comment from RFR today before saying that. It's not a good look for Newmark and RFR for them to say they wouldn't hire her because of her relationship in the present day. Danica and Ricky have more than proved their ability to be professional and competitive. Slack reporter work IMO.

Edit: I should add, rules like that work in life/death situations in some career fields. Racing, no. That situation should be left to her and Ricky.

They also have Majeski coming up and if they aren’t willing to go to a third car for him, I don’t know they would with Danica

They also have Majeski coming up and if they aren’t willing to go to a third car for him, I don’t know they would with Danica
As said previously they follow the money. Any race team with less than 4 cars will take on any cash cow.

Majeski is years away from Cup and Reed is stalling in xfinity. Danica has maybe 1-2 years left in her. Her presence would not stop any driver from progressing. If anything, she could bring back the third seat and it would be ready to go for a young driver to move in after her.

Majeski is years away from Cup and Reed is stalling in xfinity. Danica has maybe 1-2 years left in her. Her presence would not stop any driver from progressing. If anything, she could bring back the third seat and it would be ready to go for a young driver to move in after her.

Exactly, even if Ty had sponosrship for cup like Reed already does they are not ready for Cup and the reality is Reed looks like he never will be.

Exactly, even if Ty had sponosrship for cup like Reed already does they are not ready for Cup and the reality is Reed looks like he never will be.
Yeah as much as I want him to succeed being a fellow diabetic Reed shows no promise literally anywhere but Daytona.

where are you getting this?

@Allenbaba any truth to Patrick keeping the 10? Love to see her at RFR
Don't know. Haven't heard much out of SHR other than Kurt and them playing offer/salary tennis back and forth the last month or so. I have no clue what politics are associated with the number 10. As for Kenseth, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up there for much less than he's used to making. Then again, he had a few options at much less than he's used to making, so there's that.

Don't know. Haven't heard much out of SHR other than Kurt and them playing offer/salary tennis back and forth the last month or so. I have no clue what politics are associated with the number 10. As for Kenseth, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up there for much less than he's used to making. Then again, he had a few options at much less than he's used to making, so there's that.

Id like to see DP, kenseth, and kurt all have jobs.

Long time reader of this forum, first time poster lol @Allenbaba , did you mean it wouldn't surprise you if Kenseth ended up at SHR or RFR for much less money than he's used to making? Also, does anyone think Kenseth would end up back at Roush in a third car?

Long time reader of this forum, first time poster lol @Allenbaba , did you mean it wouldn't surprise you if Kenseth ended up at SHR or RFR for much less money than he's used to making? Also, does anyone think Kenseth would end up back at Roush in a third car?

Holy crap kenseth joined the board!!! Ha welcome to HELL!!!

Switching to Toyoda for 2018, on to Chevrolet for 2019 and finally returning home to Dodge in 2020 with Joey Arrington engines.

Personally, I can't wait for the official announcement.
And then Audi in 2021

Oh, sorry, I meant SHR...I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there at a reduced price. RFR would surprise me, even at a reduced salary.

Oh, sorry, I meant SHR...I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there at a reduced price. RFR would surprise me, even at a reduced salary.
Cool, thank you for clarifying. Do you feel like Kenseth and Jason Ratcliff are a package deal if an opportunity arises? They seem to get along well. From an outside perspective it looks like they'd want to go to a new team together.

Cool, thank you for clarifying. Do you feel like Kenseth and Jason Ratcliff are a package deal if an opportunity arises? They seem to get along well. From an outside perspective it looks like they'd want to go to a new team together.
Your guess is as good as mine. There's really not much out there on Matt. Doesn't mean things aren't "happening" for him, it just means if there are things happening, they're happening quietly under the radar.

Tucker 2024
The Homer 2025
hqdefault.jpg

With Dale Jr retiring I am adding Bubba to my 3 driver stable next year. I really like the guy and admire his desire. Chase, Blaney and Bubba...sounds more like a cartoon than a law firm! They replaced (at varying dates) Biffle, Edwards and now Jr.
Its gonna be fun watching them next year, looking forward to it .

Back
Top Bottom