SILLY SEASON 2018

What are they supposed to do. They sponsored Matt back at Roush, followed him to JGR..kinda impossible to sponsor him now eh?

You would have to see the contract Dewalt signed. Do they still have years on the deal? Is there a no-compete clause like RPM must have had with Smithfield where if the sponsor or driver leaves, the other can't just follow? Regardless of how much they might like Matt, if their deal is with JGR and not Matt Kenseth, they have no option but to stay.

You'd think that Kurt would have either signed the contract or had the offer revoked. SHR needs time to put together funding/sponsorship for another driver if they have to move on. I hope it doesn't come that that though as I like Kurt and want to see him out on the track.

You'd think that Kurt would have either signed the contract or had the offer revoked. SHR needs time to put together funding/sponsorship for another driver if they have to move on. I hope it doesn't come that that though as I like Kurt and want to see him out on the track.

Or they'll put Custer in the 41.

Or they'll put Custer in the 41.

stranger things have happened. He had a good year in Xfinity. I'm not a bit worried about SHR, the 10 car is going to be stronger, has a good sponsor and associate sponsor for the other cars. I believe Haas could take up the slack if there is any needed for the 41 car whoever is behind the wheel. With Custer, he could lose one of the Xfinity teams, field the other (bendiagi) the all star way with Clint, Kevin, Aric, and Cole. :idunno:

Last edited:

If Kurt doesn't sign for whatever reasons my guess is that they would run the car part time or mothball it for a year until some sponsorship could be found. As far as I know the 4 is fully sponsored and Smithfield essentially did a ride buy for Almirola. I don't think that the 14 car picked up or lost any sponsors so it should fly the Haas Automation colors most races and I think even if Kurt does sign there are still 27 races with no sponsor and if Kurt doesn't sign there are zero primary sponsors lined up.

Good driver signs on a team and has a sponsor..ride buy..yeah right. :rolleyes: Hide and watch.

Do you really think that SHR would have even thought about hiring Almirola unless Smithfield paid for the ride? Nothing against Aric and I would like to see him do well but I would grab Regan Smith's pit road mic and put him in the car before Almirola. Actually I would put Matt D, Chris B or Kasey Kahne in the 10 car before Almirola.

The story for some time now has been that the contract depends on Monster signing for 2018. The word was they would indicate their intentions "later" because that's how they do business. So the question is, when exactly IS "later". Kurt could sign now, or hold out for potentially more. Sounds like a high dollar game of chicken.

I wonder how Ricardo's Fords will run next season?

I leased him some space in one of my outbuildings so he is good to go.

The story for some time now has been that the contract depends on Monster signing for 2018. The word was they would indicate their intentions "later" because that's how they do business. So the question is, when exactly IS "later". Kurt could sign now, or hold out for potentially more. Sounds like a high dollar game of chicken.

Monster was with Kurt for 18 races last year and unfortunately will only do 9 this year but it is enough to get a deal done if Kurt will take the salary haircut. In theory Kurt could take the 9 race Monster deal to another team but what team could give him a decent ride and has sponsorship for 27 other races on board?

B driver and a B team don't make an A. The 10 won't be any better than with Danica.
I think it will. It sounded like Smithfield believed that the equipment might have been an issue. They wanted better equipment for the money they were spending.

Based on 4 races? ;) Aric has 3 wins in Xfinity to Wallace's 0. And he got screwed out of one subbing for Hambone

People keep saying this yet stats indicate otherwise..makes a cool bumper sticker slogan I guess

I said that Bubba gave the car a better ride and by that I mean something like Erik Jones filling in driving the 18 car at Kansas a couple of years ago. He didn't have a good finish but he gave the car a good ride.

I guess people forget Bubba was performing pretty well this year in questionable Roush equipment. I think he'll be a slight improvement over Almirola. With that said, I think Almirola will make the playoffs next year. Sometimes a change of scenery really does help.

I guess people forget Bubba was performing pretty well this year in questionable Roush equipment. I think he'll be a slight improvement over Almirola. With that said, I think Almirola will make the playoffs next year. Sometimes a change of scenery really does help.

When you really think about it all 4 HMS, JGR, SHR and 2 Penske cars should make the chase every year.

if you followed Aric week to week you would know why I am thrilled with the change. Series doesn't run on enough 2.5 milers to suit him.

B driver and a B team don't make an A. The 10 won't be any better than with Danica.
In the brief time Aric and Danica were JR Motorsports teammates:

7B9dvTM.png

Where did Danica get all those wins at?

stranger things have happened. He had a good year in Xfinity. I'm not a bit worried about SHR, the 10 car is going to be stronger, has a good sponsor and associate sponsor for the other cars. I believe Haas could take up the slack if there is any needed for the 41 car whoever is behind the wheel. With Custer, he could lose one of the Xfinity teams, field the other (bendiagi) the all star way with Clint, Kevin, Aric, and Cole. :idunno:

Custer is cheaper than Kurt, has family connections with the organization, plus Gene is already funding the 00 out of pocket.

I think the connection is his dad works for SHR or something on those lines, or I could be wrong.

Based on 4 races? ;) Aric has 3 wins in Xfinity to Wallace's 0. And he got screwed out of one subbing for Hambone
Aric was credited with that win even though they pulled him from the car. Starting driver gets the call.

Kurt will most likely sign his contract today or tomorrow. Not sure if Monster is in for 9 races or they added a few more to make it 12. Either way it’s less, as is Kurt’s salary.

Thanks for the accurate info.

Kurt will most likely sign his contract today or tomorrow. Not sure if Monster is in for 9 races or they added a few more to make it 12. Either way it’s less, as is Kurt’s salary.
I'm happy to read that he's signing! NASCAR is a better place with him around.

Back
Top Bottom