SILLY SEASON 2019

41 just became the big seat to open up. Likely gonna come down to $$$

Could see RCR or someone of that like taking a look at McMurray. Or he could retire.

Kurt at CGR is surprising. Just can’t see the benefit for him, unless there’s interests outside of NASCAR that Chip is offering.

Says in the article not expected to be Custer lol. Let the ride buyer roulette begin!!

I think Kurt is there for a year or two at a place holder until JHN is ready for Cup. Probably get better results then Jaime has been giving.

I'd like to start a rumor that's not going to happen, Kasey Kahne to the 41.

That's definitely not a "no"...

I think Kurt is certainly an upgrade over Jamie, even if only in the interim should they continue to invest in JHN.
Yep that's what I think is going on a performance boost with a driver who might be ready to hang it up when the new guy is ready for the ride.

not a fan,i think this allot about indy cars and other racing.i thought gene really stepped up for him when he needed a ride.if bell is not in the 1,the 41 would be great ,if not better.

I think Kurt is there for a year or two at a place holder until JHN is ready for Cup. Probably get better results then Jaime has been giving.

I'd like to start a rumor that's not going to happen, Kasey Kahne to the 41.
After "Matt Kenseth to the 6" came true, I wouldn't count it out. Tony Stewart has spoken highly of Kasey Kahne's ability behind the wheel. ;)

After "Matt Kenseth to the 6" came true, I wouldn't count it out. Tony Stewart has spoken highly of Kasey Kahne's ability behind the wheel. ;)
I've been trying to get Kasey to SHR since Tony announced the team.

If you're a Bell fan why would you want him to leave Toyota Kurt Busch can't even win in the 41. Bell is much more likely to succeed long term with the Dark Side. Be patient and take over the FedEx 11 when Denny retires instead of rushing to cup to bust

If you're a Bell fan why would you want him to leave Toyota Kurt Busch can't even win in the 41. Bell is much more likely to succeed long term with the Dark Side. Be patient and take over the FedEx 11 when Denny retires instead of rushing to cup to bust

There is really a logjam at Toyota, its a good thing. At the same time, will Bell get a JGR seat soon? I honestly do not see Hamlin leaving nor Jones nor Suarez. There is truly no room unless a team decides to be JGR's new development squad. As much as we joke about Denny, he has been the second most successful driver JGR has had. He's truly not going anywhere.

Bell wants to be and feels as if he is ready for Cup.

Every time it's brought up, Hamlin has reaffirmed that he is contracted to JGR for the long haul. Suarez and Jones are too young to boot already (that would be some real Red Bull F1 ****) and Kyle Busch...no explanation needed. FRR and LFR still have a lot to work out...if SHR/Ford offer Bell a decent amount of paper right away, how does he say no?

I figured it out.

Kurt to the 1 for 2 years
McMurray no ride
Kahne to the 41 for 2 years
Bell to the 95 Toyota
2021 Custer and Nemechek replace retiring Busch and Kahne.

Jamie will be able to get a ride next season if he wants one. It will be a step down fm Gannassi though so not sure if at his age he wants to go the Kahne route

I figured it out.

McMurray no ride
Bell to the 95 Toyota

I'm ok with Kahne in the 41 IF hes old KK

My preferences for the 41

1.Truex with Pearn Only
2. Bell
3. Kenseth
4 . Kahne
5. McMurray
6. Custer
7. Anyone else

I figured it out.

McMurray no ride
Bell to the 95 Toyota
I’d bet on this scenario from what I read from you ladies and gents on here this seems most likely with knowledge we have

I really wouldn't mind seeing JHN show up in a Hendrick car at some point. I was somewhat disappointed that JRM couldn't find a spot for him in Xfinity. I still feel like Rick Hendrick owes Joe Nemechek one. Joe got shunted aside from the best ride of his career to make room for the unready for prime time Brian Vickers. Hiring Joe's son would be a good way to make up for it.

JHN vs Cole Custer will always be a lasting memory for me lol.

Jamie is a good guy, I think it's time for him to go to Xfinity or Trucks. I'm not big on Kahne being in the 41 like everybody else. I think I'd rather take Matt Kenseth in the 41 car over Kasey Kahne if Cole Custer being at SHR is the long term plan.

For the record I am pulling the Kahne to the 41 out of my rear end, but crazier stuff has happened.

there is not any room for bell in the next 3 years at jgr.so the 41 is the best for him.
good luck to him

Could we see Bell in the 41? He called Stewart his hero and drove for him in the Kings Royal at Eldora. Rheem really likes Bell as well and could take their sponsorship to SHR
https://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/07/christopher_bell_living_his_dr.html
No.
For the record I am pulling the Kahne to the 41 out of my rear end, but crazier stuff has happened.
No, you want Kasey in the 95 TRD powered Toyota. Trust me on this. If it happens, it will be good IMO.
There is really a logjam at Toyota, its a good thing. At the same time, will Bell get a JGR seat soon? I honestly do not see Hamlin leaving nor Jones nor Suarez. There is truly no room unless a team decides to be JGR's new development squad. As much as we joke about Denny, he has been the second most successful driver JGR has had. He's truly not going anywhere.
Bell wants to be and feels as if he is ready for Cup.
Not really. TRD is chasing Levine for a reason. Bell will wait. Nobody saw room for Jones at JGR until the room was created.
Every time it's brought up, Hamlin has reaffirmed that he is contracted to JGR for the long haul. Suarez and Jones are too young to boot already (that would be some real Red Bull F1 sh!t) and Kyle Busch...no explanation needed. FRR and LFR still have a lot to work out...if SHR/Ford offer Bell a decent amount of paper right away, how does he say no?
He won't do it. His future is secured already. Why screw with it? I think he has mentioned that he had a chance to leave previously. Didn't do it, and won't do it now.
I have no earthly idea. You guys, or at least @Revman think there is room for him in a Toyota, but all of the top tier rides are full and none of them are getting replaced with Bell. So I look to the Toyotas in the back - BK Racing...Gaunt Bros...LFR if they switch...your guess is as good as mine.
Bell is a TRD/Toyota Development Driver. Those non-TRD Toyota teams have very little to do with TRD-- if anything. He won't go there. LFR in '20 is where he will land IMO. LFR is crucial as I don't think Barney is going to two cars any time soon. Bell stays with Toyota. Gragson might be a bit difficult to find a fit, but they have a couple of years to before they have to worry about that.

I'd like to see kahne stick with the 95 if their going to Yota and c bell to the 41 just so rev has a meltdown lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@Revman what would your expectations be as far as Kasey in the 95 TRD Toyota be next year? Just curious because you're the Toyota GURU.

I guess to be fair TRD/KBM/JGR basically chose Bell over Byron, so I doubt they let him walk

This sucks if true. I had such high hopes when Kurt went to the 41 but he just never seems to have got in a groove.

3 poles is telling to me. I watched him in a half a lap from the pole fall back to 4th and continue to fall back with a pole sitting car. Personally I think it was to a more "comfortable" position in the top ten. Fall back in line and follow the leader.
A pole winning car is only good for qualifying and a lot of work is done to make it race.
I doubt Kurt will get the best at SHR simple because he isn't a Stewart choice driver.
I would bet he would be a bigger threat in a Ganassi car.

Does Bell have the patience to run in the back for an underfunded Toyota team for a few years? Cause that's likely what he'll be doing.
Denny might be disposable soon. Especially considering his alleged salary. He’s one of the last of the old guard who made bank on deals in NASCAR’s heydays and is in the way of the cheaper young gun hotshoes like Bell.

JHN vs Cole Custer will always be a lasting memory for me lol.

Jamie is a good guy, I think it's time for him to go to Xfinity or Trucks. I'm not big on Kahne being in the 41 like everybody else. I think I'd rather take Matt Kenseth in the 41 car over Kasey Kahne if Cole Custer being at SHR is the long term plan.

Id love to see Jamie run trucks.

Back
Top Bottom