SILLY SEASON 2019

@Revman what would your expectations be as far as Kasey in the 95 TRD Toyota be next year? Just curious because you're the Toyota GURU.
I think it would be a fascinating situation. I think we have kind of wondered about Kasey over the last couple of years--team problem? crew chief problem? equipment? Lots of wondering/excuses, and really hard to determine if he has something left. If this situation came to be, he would have a team that wants him, a manufacturer who wants him, and competitive equipment. It would likely be a one year shot to prove that he can still do this at an age close to our Champion. Golden opportunity to say the least. I would expect a level of performance that would meet or exceed Jones and Suarez in all honesty with an outside shot at a storybook huge year.
The situation with Truex is intriguing. Hard to believe he would leave, but stranger things have happened I suppose.
It is very weird. If the 41 is truly an open seat, and Barney low balls Martin, who knows?

If it were to happen that would be a super hard team to beat, just don't know about Harvicks ego.

Honestly, the way Harvick has been running, he doesn't give a **** about anybody. He thinks he can beat everybody, so his competitors are irrelevant. He might be right.

Between the combination of the news of Kurt Busch probably going to the 1 car. All the uncertainty of what's going on at Furniture Row Racing and Toyota with the pressure of Christopher Bell. I think of that what's going to happen is.....

1 Kurt
41 Truex/Pearn/Bass pro
95 Bell
78 shut down

Oh a couple few things I think that are going to happen....

FRM to Chevy with RCR support
With McMurray & Allmendinger

6 Kahne
47 Preece

Has there been any speculation about Justin Allgaier making a return to cup? With his performance this year in the Xfinity series he's proven he can get it done and you would think he'd at least bring some sponsorship along in the for of Brandt. They seem pretty well tied to him? Just looked and he's only 32 so it's not like he's over the hill

Between the combination of the news of Kurt Busch probably going to the 1 car. All the uncertainty of what's going on at Furniture Row Racing and Toyota with the pressure of Christopher Bell. I think of that what's going to happen is.....

1 Kurt
41 Truex/Pearn/Bass pro
95 Bell
78 shut down

Oh a couple few things I think that are going to happen....

FRM to Chevy with RCR support
With McMurray & Allmendinger

6 Kahne
47 Preece

I have to be honest....I don't like this, but it is a real possibility IMO. Having said that, I am having a hard time getting my head around Barney shutting down when he said he wouldn't..... the Truex Jr. situation is very concerning from a Toyota perspective. Very concerning.

Has there been any speculation about Justin Allgaier making a return to cup? With his performance this year in the Xfinity series he's proven he can get it done and you would think he'd at least bring some sponsorship along in the for of Brandt. They seem pretty well tied to him? Just looked and he's only 32 so it's not like he's over the hill

I'd take the JRM gig over JTG or whatever midpack ride he'd get with the Brandt money.

Not sure how it is now, but I know in the past a mid pack cup team paid a lot more than a top notch Xfinity

I get it, guys need their paycheck for families, etc etc etc. But I'd rather be consistent race winner than midpack.

I'd like to see Preece go to the #20 next year in Xfinity if Bell does go to Cup. If there's no home for him in 2020 at JGR, then he may have a shot at some other good rides. He's impressed me, but I'd like to see him run a full Xfinity season in a JGR car.

Preece looks to have a ton of potential, but the body of work is still pretty small. I don't think a Preece/JTG pairing at this point would be very productive. Maybe in a year or two.

I have to be honest....I don't like this, but it is a real possibility IMO. Having said that, I am having a hard time getting my head around Barney shutting down when he said he wouldn't..... the Truex Jr. situation is very concerning from a Toyota perspective. Very concerning.
When a man knocks on deaths door he soon realizes his money won't help him much.

I'd like to see Preece go to the #20 next year in Xfinity if Bell does go to Cup. If there's no home for him in 2020 at JGR, then he may have a shot at some other good rides. He's impressed me, but I'd like to see him run a full Xfinity season in a JGR car.
Agreed, but I think they'll probably bring Gragson up for the 20, especially with rumors JRM could be interested

Front Row Motorsports has bid on BK Racing, joining GMS Racing President Mike Beam and a new company headed by current BK Racing owner Ron Devine as those seeking to purchase the bankrupt team's assets and its charter. If Front Row and Devine are approved as bidders, they will meet Monday for a private auction-style sale of the team. A hearing will be held Tuesday for the judge to determine whether to approve the sale to the winning bidder. One of the requirements is the bidder must be approved by NASCAR, which requires evidence to assure future adequate performance.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41027793-4

Mike Beam, president of GMS Racing, was in court Tuesday morning, hours before he helped the NASCAR organization unveil two new paint schemes at the Hall of Fame.
Beam wasn’t having legal troubles – his presence in court was part of the group’s efforts to purchase BK Racing, the bankrupt Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series team that’s been put up for sale.

“I built that whole structure for GMS to go Cup racing,” Beam said. “We were going to do it last year but Chevrolet was going through a model change (from the SS to the Camaro). And we couldn’t get support from Hendrick (Motorsports) because they knew their plate was going to be full. We talked with them about it and decided we would just wait another year.”
“If it’s meant to be it will work out and if not we’ll do something else.”
Two more groups have since submitted bids, which much be approved by NASCAR. According to Beam, those groups are Front Row Motorsports and one headed up by former BK Racing owner Ron Devine.
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...ld-put-gms-on-cup-fast-track/3158869/?nrt=119

I think you're right. He may be the most talented outside of Bell, but money talks... Unfortunate truth of the sport now.
Bell to the 41... gragson ti the 20 Xfinity ride and preece in the 18 truck.

Freisin to the 1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I wonder who will get the Jr motorsports ride now that Sadler is retiring?
Whom ever has the best paying sponsor.
We are talking about Junior here. He is the team mate of Jeff Gordon who didn't win many races but made 100 million more than Jeff.

Preece could definitely run a full season in Cup. He's gonna have over 50 Xfinity series starts by the end of this season. Plus he did a 5-race stint for Premium in Cup a couple years ago. Recently the standard has been 2 seasons of Xfinity work before you're ready to move up to Cup...hell, Byron and Bowman both did one season of Xfinity before jumping to Cup.

He's 27-years-old competing for rides with 20-year-olds. Can't be too picky.

Back
Top Bottom