SILLY SEASON 2019

Yep. Cup rides dont open up too routinely so hes gotta take what he can.

More talented than AJ aside from the fact that AJ has a shot to win at road courses (which is actually a big deal for JTG). Unless they're trying to give Buescher the boot.

As of now, all signs are pointing to Trevor Bayne taking that ride.
I like trevor but I hope not. Hes had his shot. Too many really talented guys in Xfinity without quality rides right now for a ride buyer to take it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trevor's a nice kid, but I REALLY do not want him in that ride. If Chevy is going to get back on top, it needs as many good young drivers coming through the pipeline as possible. While Bayne MIGHT be able to deliver some respectable results, we all know he doesn't figure into anybody's future any more than Regan Smith did. I don't have any problem with these type of guys wanting to run Xfinity, in fact I welcome it, but JRM needs to try to look beyond guys that bring a check and offer little else.

jr has a big heart ,but i dont think its that big.sheldon creed would be my pick

I don't get all the Trevor Bayne hate. Has he not been in RFR equipment the past few years? Did they not drop a HoF driver into the very same car and get the very same results on track? I'm not the biggest fan of Bayne, but it's not like the guy has been in good equipment.

I don't get all the Trevor Bayne hate. Has he not been in RFR equipment the past few years? Did they not drop a HoF driver into the very same car and get the very same results on track? I'm not the biggest fan of Bayne, but it's not like the guy has been in good equipment.

In my case it's not hate, he just doesn't pass the eyeball test to me. As much as I'm not a Stenhouse fan, at least HE shows some real speed from time to time. It usually doesn't end well, but he's fast sometimes. Trevor? Not so much. As I said, I actually think he could be semi-competitive in a JRM car, but other than operating that team for the sake of operating the team, what is there to gain by hiring him? I don't see him working himself back into an upper tier Cup ride, and I don't see him actually WINNING an Xfinity title, so I think JRM's cars could be better put to use with other drivers. I would rather see them drop down to three cars than run Trevor just because he comes with funding. Heck, we're already stuck with Michael Annett, who's making Justin Allgaier look like Jimmie Johnson.

I had just made up the Kasey to the 41 rumor, apparently there were some legs to it. But he was really serious about hanging it up I guess.

Yeah I am hoping JRM goes younger. Hendrick will need to replace Jimmie in two years(maybe) the Gragson rumors are interesting and he'd make the most sense. Ty Majeski was called 'the deal' by Jr and there were rumors last year he would go to to JRM, he could potentially bring IRacing

In my case it's not hate, he just doesn't pass the eyeball test to me. As much as I'm not a Stenhouse fan, at least HE shows some real speed from time to time. It usually doesn't end well, but he's fast sometimes. Trevor? Not so much. As I said, I actually think he could be semi-competitive in a JRM car, but other than operating that team for the sake of operating the team, what is there to gain by hiring him? I don't see him working himself back into an upper tier Cup ride, and I don't see him actually WINNING an Xfinity title, so I think JRM's cars could be better put to use with other drivers. I would rather see them drop down to three cars than run Trevor just because he comes with funding. Heck, we're already stuck with Michael Annett, who's making Justin Allgaier look like Jimmie Johnson.
Okay, I'll go there.

If Jeff Gordon hadn't pushed Trevor Bayne across a February finish line, he'd have been back down in Xfinity years ago, if not gone from a national touring series entirely.

Okay, I'll go there.

If Jeff Gordon hadn't pushed Trevor Bayne across a February finish line, he'd have been back down in Xfinity years ago, if not gone from a national touring series entirely.

Jg didn't push trevor.....Bobby did then Carl lol....JG just had worked with him throughout the race like any other restrictor plate race no real significance there as far as the rest of statement....absolutely TB sucks!!!

So interpreting from Kaseys press conference today. He said that the 95 be a good ride for someone who has really impressed in the last few months. And that he would be willing to help mentor a young driver that goes in there. Christopher Bell to the 95 confirmed.

Trevor Bayne was good in the xfinity series..won his first race against Cuppers Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, and Joey Logano at Texas 2011 and also won the June Iowa race against Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson in 2013. He also had the dominant car in the fall Texas race in 2014 and was outrunning Logano and Kyle Busch before he cut a tire and crashed. Is he a very good cup driver? No. But he was good in the 2nd tier series and can compete for wins in JR motorsports equipment at the same level Allgaier and Sadler can. Much better then another overhyped young driver that will be a wrecking ball every week and never win

Trevor Bayne was good in the xfinity series..won his first race against Cuppers Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, and Joey Logano at Texas 2011 and also won the June Iowa race against Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson in 2013. He also had the dominant car in the fall Texas race in 2014 and was outrunning Logano and Kyle Busch before he cut a tire and crashed. Is he a very good cup driver? No. But he was good in the 2nd tier series and can compete for wins in JR motorsports equipment at the same level Allgaier and Sadler can. Much better then another overhyped young driver that will be a wrecking ball every week and never win
Like I said, back down in the Xfinity series.

So if the prevailing rumor is Bayne hopping down to Xfinity, who is going to take over the 6 car? I can't imagine Kenseth wanting to run in that back-marker ride full-time.

So if the prevailing rumor is Bayne hopping down to Xfinity, who is going to take over the 6 car? I can't imagine Kenseth wanting to run in that back-marker ride full-time.
Well if RCR does not keep Newman he's gonna need a ride. He may be an option

Look at Jimmy Johnson's Busch career.

Everyone has a starting point and unless you're super gifted you're gonna suck first starting out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There's no prevailing rumor, just opinions that it's where he belongs.

So it just broke on Reddit that (rumor) KBM is going to Cup with a TRD/JGR Technical Alliance. Kyle is going to run the 54 and Kurt the 97. Holy $hit that’s cool if true, and Kyle was sly in his interview tonight “I’ll Tell Kurt something later in private”

I have a real hard time seeing Kyle leaving Joe Gibbs. I know they (TRD/JGR) like Christopher Bell, but that's a little much.

KBM to cup could essentially end up making JGR an 8 car team. Solves TRD's issue of no room in the inn. I'd imagine TRD is the driving force behind all of this, but it could be great for overall Cup competition and field depth
I would be all for Kyle being his own boss. That’s cool, a throwback we never get that anymore. Wonder if Mars would go with him. I hope TRD sponsors the car, it’d stamp Kyle as the face of Toyota like Earnhardt was for Chevy with GM Goodwrench and Dale Jarrett was for Ford with Ford Quality Service

I like it because hopefully Kyle win less

So it just broke on Reddit that (rumor) KBM is going to Cup with a TRD/JGR Technical Alliance. Kyle is going to run the 54 and Kurt the 97. Holy $hit that’s cool if true, and Kyle was sly in his interview tonight “I’ll Tell Kurt something later in private”

If true, does this point to the death of FRR?

If true, does this point to the death of FRR?
No rumor was FRR goes to Ford and alliance with SHR or Roush. Not sure if I’d believe that. However it did say that Toyota and TRD are dropping them for KBM

This would be insane. The 97 was always my favorite ride of Kurt's and Toyota is the only manufacturer he hasn't driven for yet.

Back
Top Bottom