SILLY SEASON 2019

For SHR I'd imagine its Custer coming, Cindric end up at Penske and Briscoe probably Roush Fenway.

I'm pretty sure what's going to happen is in 2019 Chase Briscoe is going to be a full-time teammate to Cole Custer in the Xfinity series Austin cindric will be a full-time Penske driver and Ty majeski will be a full-time Roush driver as long as funding is secured.

None of those four drivers are ready for the cup series. Cole will be the closest and I expect him to be there in 2020.

Cole is really the only Ford dev. driver looking even remotely favorable for a future Cup ride. Majeski, Briscoe, and Cindric have a ton of work left to do at the Xfinity level.

This kid can wheel a car...just won the Slinger Nationals...double check those that have won in the past and how they ended up fairing in the big leagues.
No doubt, but he just has a ways to go before reaching Cup. I'm sure that two of those drivers being part-time and the other being split between two teams has not helped them much.

Austin cindric will be a full-time Penske driver and Ty majeski will be a full-time Roush driver as long as funding is secured.
Might I ask what you've seen to indicate Penske plans to add a fourth team?

If Roush could fund another car, wouldn't he bring Buescher back in house?

Might I ask what you've seen to indicate Penske plans to add a fourth team?

If Roush could fund another car, wouldn't he bring Buescher back in house?

This is in reference to the Xfinity series..... As far as Roush, Chris buescher is no longer in any parts of the plans he signed a contract extension with JTG he's as likely to go to Roush Fenway as Jimmie Johnson is for an example... he has nothing to do with them anymore. I was referencing Ty majeski going full time in the Xfinity series.

Same deal with Austin cindric as far as full-time I was referencing him in the Xfinity series. 2021 maybe a different story it really depends what happens with Paul Menard I do not anticipate Penske going to a fourth car for Austin at any point.

Cole is really the only Ford dev. driver looking even remotely favorable for a future Cup ride. Majeski, Briscoe, and Cindric have a ton of work left to do at the Xfinity level.

Cole Custer isn't a Ford development driver, never has been one. Haas Racing Development starting out, now a full time SHR driver sponsored by Haas Automation in the Xfinity series.

Cole Custer isn't a Ford development driver, never has been one. Haas Racing Development starting out, now a full time SHR driver sponsored by Haas Automation in the Xfinity series.
He started out that way, yes. Now that SHR is under the whole One Ford banner I wonder if he could eventually partner with Stenhouse at RFR in the interim as long as SHR is still satisfied with their driver lineup for several years (as they're all doing well now). They have Tim Cindric's kid, presumably destined for Penske, now running with two teams.

I'm glad that Kurt Busch hasn't been pushed out as some other veterans were, but I seriously doubt several more years are in the cards for him and SHR. One seems likelier than not.

dont for get that coles dad is joe custer,and he is one of the top guys a shr,he is also the guy that got tony to come there,so i dont think cole is going any where.

I will be surprised if he is with SHR for 2020.
Unfortunately I think you're right as the writing is all over the wall. He still deserves a top seat with his talent (and this is coming from someone who really doesn't like him!). Maybe now is the time for him to try Indy or (super long shot) F1. I'd love to see him or his brother go F1 and show the world that NASCAR drivers are legitimate.

He started out that way, yes. Now that SHR is under the whole One Ford banner I wonder if he could eventually partner with Stenhouse at RFR in the interim as long as SHR is still satisfied with their driver lineup for several years (as they're all doing well now). They have Tim Cindric's kid, presumably destined for Penske, now running with two teams.

Custer and SHR have a part time ride affiliate ride in cup with Custer, Rick Ware racing 51 sponsored by Haas who has a charter from Richard Petty

Custer and SHR have a part time ride affiliate ride in cup with Custer, Rick Ware racing 51 sponsored by Haas who has a charter from Richard Petty
Corporate philosophy mumbojumbo. You can see it in practice though. RFR and Penske share Cindric. RFR and SHR share Briscoe.

None of this means anything next year, but I don't see why Custer could not spend a year or two in a Roush Cup car starting in maybe 2020 if there are no openings at SHR. It would probably be better than running with SHR's fifth-best stuff and crew under the banner of a Rick Ware type.

A team has never loaned out or placed another driver elsewhere before? RFR had Buescher in a damn Chevy before they realized they were never going to call him back. They’re doing it in Xfinity right now.

Honestly the best thing that could happen to Roush and this point is becoming a an affiliate to shr. I really think it would be a huge boost....say for example front row Motorsports is out of there and they go to Toyota Roush doesn't have anybody below them anymore Kenseth in the 6 Ricky in the 17 and Custer in a car.

It's not fair there is more than driver talent involved in decision making.

They have Tim Cindric's kid, presumably destined for Penske, now running with two teams.
The Dillon Boys coming to RCR, which is owned by their grandfather, is one thing. But Tim Cindric doesn't own Team Penske, nor does he manage it for his own purposes. Same is true of Joe Custer at SHR. People have been 'presuming' for years that SHR will make room for Cole Custer, and Penske will do the same for Austin Cindric. I'm not sure how that will all work out...

Has Cindric been paying for the Penske ride? Has Custer been paying? I don't think we know, but I would 'presume' neither will pay for Cup rides. I'd bet that Cindric, not Penske nor Ford, paid for the truck ride.

The Dillon Boys coming to RCR, which is owned by their grandfather, is one thing. But Tim Cindric doesn't own Team Penske, nor does he manage it for his own purposes. Same is true of Joe Custer at SHR. People have been 'presuming' for years that SHR will make room for Cole Custer, and Penske will do the same for Austin Cindric. I'm not sure how that will all work out...

Has Cindric been paying for the Penske ride? Has Custer been paying? I don't think we know, but I would 'presume' neither will pay for Cup rides. I'd bet that Cindric, not Penske nor Ford, paid for the truck ride.

I hate that assumption that people have that these kids are getting free rides for no reason at all. Yes they are in great equipment but throughout their careers they've shown that they are competitive and they've won races.

With Cindric, if a sponsor is willing to step up and pay the proper amount, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him in a Penske Cup car some day. If not, you most likely WON'T see him in one. The Custer situation is a little different because Gene Haas has already shown that he will pay out of his own pocket if he WANTS to. Whether Haas would want to do that for Cole, I have no idea. At one time we were told that Gene didn't particularly like Cole, but I have not a clue whether that is true in ANY way or not. Once again, if a full ride sponsor were to come along and Gene didn't HAVE to spend his own money, then I think it would almost certainly happen at some point, especially if Kurt is a short timer.

I hate that assumption that people have that these kids are getting free rides for no reason at all. Yes they are in great equipment but throughout their careers they've shown that they are competitive and they've won races.
yep Cole Custer has been racing his whole life, started when he was 4 years old. I don't know about the rest of them, but Guys like Custer and Bell, and Larson have been racing since they hit the ground and got out of diapers

With Cindric, if a sponsor is willing to step up and pay the proper amount, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him in a Penske Cup car some day. If not, you most likely WON'T see him in one. The Custer situation is a little different because Gene Haas has already shown that he will pay out of his own pocket if he WANTS to. Whether Haas would want to do that for Cole, I have no idea. At one time we were told that Gene didn't particularly like Cole, but I have not a clue whether that is true in ANY way or not. Once again, if a full ride sponsor were to come along and Gene didn't HAVE to spend his own money, then I think it would almost certainly happen at some point, especially if Kurt is a short timer.
Bet you will be seeing Cindric chumming at the heals of Menard...once he pulls the pin, his money will decide who will be the benefactors of the next ride. Would not be surprised if Menard does not buy an entire team. Pretty much pocket change.

Bet you will be seeing Cindric chumming at the heals of Menard...once he pulls the pin, his money will decide who will be the benefactors of the next ride. Would not be surprised if Menard does not buy an entire team. Pretty much pocket change.

Exactly

Would not be surprised if Menard does not buy an entire team. Pretty much pocket change.
Paul's going to be 38 in a few weeks. His record doesn't lead me to think this late in his career that he'll get a ride independent of the family business, or that his career will last that much longer. I don't see Menard's buying a team out right with his career in its closing years.

Just one idjit's ramblings.

If Paul Menard wants to be a car owner, why isn't he now? Obviously his father has no interest in being a team owner (been there, done that) and at least as long as he's alive, I think HE controls where Menard family money is spent.

If Paul Menard wants to be a car owner, why isn't he now? Obviously his father has no interest in being a team owner (been there, done that) and at least as long as he's alive, I think HE controls where Menard family money is spent.
Believe he is concentrating on his driving career.

John does not have the time needed to pursue owning a team.

Would not be surprised if Menard does not buy an entire team. Pretty much pocket change.

I think if that was going to happen it would have already. In this economic culture its not the best time to be taking a team over......

Back
Top Bottom